PDA

View Full Version : Elections Watch Palin Squirm LOLOLOL

Logical
09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Very not ready for prime time on her own.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Py8UwVbJn8U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Py8UwVbJn8U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HolmeZz
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
She had the answer totally prepared and she still got nailed.

alnorth
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I think we can agree with one thing. Some of the more vehement loonies on the left who were predicting a softball session simply because this was a two day interview are wearing a clown suit right now.

Why would they think that? Sure celebrities often use this tactic to hold the 2nd day hostage, forcing them to have an easy interview on day 1, but thats only because no one cares if a celebrity interview is cut short. Once they promised this 2-day interview, they were committed. Barring a horribly offensive question, they couldnt cancel the 2nd day, or they would be (rightfully) labeled as cowards.

This interview was fair but very hard. I believe every candidate would have had problems.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
That plan for this world is good.

ROFL

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Sorry, but there's no ands ifs or buts. She got obliterated in that segment. She doesn't know if it was from god, but she said it in an exclamatory way earlier.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9H-btXPfhGs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9H-btXPfhGs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jAZ
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
She makes GWB sound brilliant.

Taco John
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
What's with the camera angle? It's like one of the prerequisites of the interview was that they had to use a camera angle that kept her legs in focus at all times...

Really wierd...

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Interesting, I'm listening to the whole piece and I don't see the Lincoln part of her speech that she claims she made. So, really, that's a damage control aspect too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG1vPYbRB7k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG1vPYbRB7k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TRACK GOT A JESUS FISH TATOO!!!!!!

Logical
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
She makes GWB sound brilliant.
I was not going to go there but yeah.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I was not going to go there but yeah.

There's an awful lot of God talk in her talk. Holy crap. If there is any doubt she's evangelical, it is crushed.

wazu
09-11-2008, 05:46 PM
What's with the camera angle? It's like one of the prerequisites of the interview was that they had to use a camera angle that kept her legs in focus at all times...

Really wierd...

No kidding. They are sitting practically nose-to-nose as well. How about putting the camera on her face when she is speaking, and on Gibson's face when he is speaking? Isn't that pretty much the norm?

wazu
09-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh, and I have to say I'm not real impressed with this interview. She needs to sit up, and it's probably not a good idea to question if those are her "exact words" when a Gibson reads them right off of a piece of paper.

That being said, I've seen Obama and Hillary squirm every bit as bad in interviews. So far the worst news for me is hearing her trumpet admitting Georgia into NATO.

Taco John
09-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Also, Sarah Palin needs to roll her shoulders back and keep her head high, on a swivel. Her body posture reflects someone who is inconfident and literally trying to hide.

And for the record, I like Sarah Palin. I'm not sold that she's CIC material at this time, but I like her nontheless.

Donger
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
So far the worst news for me is hearing her trumpet admitting Georgia into NATO.

Barack Hussein supports Georgia's entry into NATO, IIRC.

Taco John
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh, and I have to say I'm not real impressed with this interview. She needs to sit up, and it's probably not a good idea to question if those are her "exact words" when a Gibson reads them right off of a piece of paper.

That being said, I've seen Obama and Hillary squirm every bit as bad in interviews. So far the worst news for me is hearing her trumpet admitting Georgia into NATO.

Haha... Nearly the same thought at the same time... :)

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I liked the subtle yet forceful Charlie, she added to each statement when she wanted to almost scream to him to stop this line of questioning.

I was doing this, CHARLIE!!!

penchief
09-11-2008, 05:56 PM

Who is Barack Hussein and why should we care what he thinks?

wazu
09-11-2008, 05:57 PM

Yeah. Should they even bother discussing foreign policy in the upcoming debates? Just let McCain answer, and Obama respond "ditto".

Mr. Laz
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
you know what the scary part really is ......

there are millions of voters in the U.S. that agree with her. I don't mean agree with her mollified explanation. I mean they agree with her when she said we are fighting GOD's war in the truest sense of the message.

they believe that GOD sent a hurricane to kill the sinners in New Orleans ... they believe that GOD sent HIV to kill all the 'teh evil gheys' ... they believe that holding a bible in one hand and a loaded full automatic submachine gun in the other is the 'right' way to be.

shiite ... there are plenty in this very forum right now who agree/believe with that philosophy.

alnorth
09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Also, Sarah Palin needs to roll her shoulders back and keep her head high, on a swivel. Her body posture reflects someone who is inconfident and literally trying to hide.

Agreed. The team that has probably been coaching her the last week needs to find someone who has a clue about body language.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 06:01 PM
you know what they scary part really is ......

there are millions of voters in the U.S. that agree with her. I don't mean agree with her mollified explanation. I mean they agree with her when she said we are fighting GOD's war in the truest sense of the message.

they believe that GOD sent a hurricane to kill the sinners in New Orleans ... they believe that GOD sent HIV to kill all the 'Rump Rangergots' ... they believe that holding a bible in one hand and a loaded full automatic submachine gun in the other is the 'right' way to be.

shiite ... there are plenty in this very forum right now who agree/believe with that philosophy.

That's why I don't respect religious views. They're dangerous.

Logical
09-11-2008, 06:04 PM

they believe that GOD sent a hurricane to kill the sinners in New Orleans ... they believe that GOD sent HIV to kill all the 'teh evil gheys' ... they believe that holding a bible in one hand and a loaded full automatic submachine gun in the other is the 'right' way to be.

shiite ... there are plenty in this very forum right now who agree/believe with that philosophy.True dat (and I won't give that a NTTIAWWT)

Mr. Laz
That's why I don't respect religious views. They're dangerous.

and every one of those religious wackjobs is going to vote republican in the upcoming election.

psycho fuks that they are

SBK

And there are probably many who think that all who believe in God think this way.

BCD
09-11-2008, 06:06 PM

shiite ... there are plenty in this very forum right now who agree/believe with that philosophy.You are talking about a small group. Not even close to a million. The fringe you are refering to are the Fred Phelps types.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I said it when she gave her convention speech, and I'll say it again--she just seems like an overzealous PTA mom to me. Watching her answer that question was like watching a high school quarterback try and deal with a Bill Belichick defensive scheme.

BCD
09-11-2008, 06:09 PM
and every one of those religious wackjobs is going to vote republican in the upcoming election.

psycho fuks that they areYou can go ahead and **** off now. Stop painting with such broad strokes.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
You can go ahead and **** off now. Stop painting with such broad strokes.
hey ..... why so angry?

if it doesn't apply to you then it doesn't apply. :shrug:

millions ..... easy

Logical
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
You are talking about a small group. Not even close to a million. The fringe you are refering to are the Fred Phelps types.I think you are really, really wrong. The wackjobs like he describes number in the multi-millions. I am not suggesting you are one of them.

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
You can go ahead and **** off now. Stop painting with such broad strokes.

How does that not apply?

Adept Havelock
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM

Some of them also believe GAWD planted a bunch of old fossils just to test their faith. :p

Caseykid
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
"you know what the scary part really is ......

shiite ... there are plenty in this very forum right now who agree/believe with that philosophy."

At first glance I figured that this thread was just the liberal side of "Lips on a pig". But with statements like this I realized the most here actually believe Palin said we are fighting God's war.

From the 3:40 mark of the extended clip: "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right, also for this country. That our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That is what we have to make sure we are praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan. So bless them with your prayers, your prayers of protection over our soldiers".

Palin is simply giving the congregation a list of things to be praying for: The military, our national leaders, that the effort that those leaders are sending them out to do is in God's will. It is very clear when she says "That is what we have to make sure we are praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan".

I'm sure the democrats will make hay with this, but it's a misrepresentation, just like the republicans "Lips on a pig" spin.

Laz, I don't know what "christians" you've been hanging out with but we don't believe God sent a hurricane to kill sinners in New Orleans or anywhere else for that matter. HIV isn't a punishment from God, sadly just a deadly consequence of irresponsible behavior, whether straight or gay. Also you will find both "strong military" and "pacifists" in the christian ranks. Finally, I feel pretty confident that Phelps is not only NOT a christian, but if anything, is a false prophet.

VAChief
09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm a little disappointed...after seeing the thread title I thought someone might have found a lost "Sarah rides the Sybian" video!

Cannibal
09-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Very not ready for prime time on her own.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Py8UwVbJn8U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Py8UwVbJn8U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

****in ****. Shut the **** up and take off your ****in clothes. Let me see the meat curtains.

Cannibal
09-11-2008, 07:29 PM
****in ****. Shut the **** up and take off your ****in clothes. Let me see the meat curtains.

Sorry, that was about the gist I got out of that interview.

Bootlegged
09-11-2008, 07:30 PM
http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/080911DailyUpdateGraph2_l6n83b.gif

Mr. Laz
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/080911DailyUpdateGraph2_l6n83b.gif
so your point is .......... it doesn't matter what she said as long as McCain is winning?!?!

brilliant ..... another Bush voter

HolyHandgernade
09-11-2008, 08:41 PM

I'm not dis agreeing with you, but I just had to laugh when I read this and noticed your avatar, and then recalled the larger version of it!

http://www.glennlafantasie.com/uploaded_images/john-brown-784837.jpg

alnorth
09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
so your point is .......... it doesn't matter what she said as long as McCain is winning?!?!

and he isnt necessarily winning yet. Its now winnable, (which is a welcome surprise for me since I figured McCain was headed towards a blowout), but the electoral college is not friendly to the GOP this year.

As things stand now, it is entirely possible to see the GOP win the popular vote by up to 1.5-2%, but narrowly lose the electoral college, which would lead to a lot of aggravation and hilarity. It is still very close though, a lot of big states that no one thought would be in play are now close to flipping red, so it could turn into a comfortable 20-30 pt EC win for either candidate.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2008, 09:20 PM

You're a democrat? Or a liberal? That is one of the most disgusting and offensive posts I've seen on any political forum, including ones on football BBs.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM
So far the worst news for me is hearing her trumpet admitting Georgia into NATO.

Good grief, I was so dissappointed in her when I heard that, but she's on MacCain's ticket so she has to toe the line.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM

He's wrong too.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
No kidding. They are sitting practically nose-to-nose as well. How about putting the camera on her face when she is speaking, and on Gibson's face when he is speaking? Isn't that pretty much the norm?

Well, compared to the other female candidate this one has ankles to look at. :D

HolmeZz
09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Anybody watching the extended interview on ABC right now?

She's so out of her league it can't even be put into words.

splatbass
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm a little disappointed...after seeing the thread title I thought someone might have found a lost "Sarah rides the Sybian" video!

That would rock! :)

Logical
09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm a little disappointed...after seeing the thread title I thought someone might have found a lost "Sarah rides the Sybian" video!I just saw your post quoted and I truly had a great laugh. Thanks

ROYC75
09-11-2008, 11:06 PM
You're a democrat? Or a liberal? That is one of the most disgusting and offensive posts I've seen on any political forum, including ones on football BBs.

BEP, may I introduce you to Cannibal, a CP icon from years past.

Silock
09-11-2008, 11:11 PM
I'd just like to say that I'm not objecting to any meat curtains that may or may not be shown during the course of this thread.

Just sayin'.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 04:36 AM
"Who ever knew there were so many words? It's like a Mos Def CD."

knowmo3
09-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Interesting, I'm listening to the whole piece and I don't see the Lincoln part of her speech that she claims she made. So, really, that's a damage control aspect too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG1vPYbRB7k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QG1vPYbRB7k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TRACK GOT A JESUS FISH TATOO!!!!!!

She in a freaking church. Stupid Democrats always want to blow things out of proportion:doh!:

Mecca
09-12-2008, 04:51 AM
She is a freaking church. Stupid Democrats always want to blow things out of proportion:doh!:

She is a church?

Man she must be alot bigger than I thought....after all those kids does she also have the big swinging gates?

knowmo3
09-12-2008, 05:23 AM
She is a church?

Man she must be alot bigger than I thought....after all those kids does she also have the big swinging gates?

:clap::clap: in*

Bootlegged
09-12-2008, 05:46 AM

Simply pointing out the reason for the increase in hissy fits. I guess if I had spent the last two years of my life stroking myself to the idea of my liberal wet dream, only to have it taken away a couple months before the election, I may sit on an Internet football board trashing a Thursday night ABC interview with a Vice Presidential candidate too. Or maybe not.

patteeu
09-12-2008, 06:15 AM
At first glance I figured that this thread was just the liberal side of "Lips on a pig". But with statements like this I realized the most here actually believe Palin said we are fighting God's war.

From the 3:40 mark of the extended clip: "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right, also for this country. That our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That is what we have to make sure we are praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan. So bless them with your prayers, your prayers of protection over our soldiers".

Palin is simply giving the congregation a list of things to be praying for: The military, our national leaders, that the effort that those leaders are sending them out to do is in God's will. It is very clear when she says "That is what we have to make sure we are praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan".

I'm sure the democrats will make hay with this, but it's a misrepresentation, just like the republicans "Lips on a pig" spin.

Laz, I don't know what "christians" you've been hanging out with but we don't believe God sent a hurricane to kill sinners in New Orleans or anywhere else for that matter. HIV isn't a punishment from God, sadly just a deadly consequence of irresponsible behavior, whether straight or gay. Also you will find both "strong military" and "pacifists" in the christian ranks. Finally, I feel pretty confident that Phelps is not only NOT a christian, but if anything, is a false prophet.

You might as well save your breath. Most of the liberals who've been decrying Palin's prayer about Iraq either aren't smart enough to understand what you're saying or they're committed to their payback for the lipstick on a pig deal and don't mind distorting her statement for that purpose.

Cannibal
09-26-2008, 06:51 PM

HAHAHA. I forgot about this thread. Sorry I offended you BEP. ROFL