PDA

View Full Version : Elections Palin on Alaska's proximity to Russian

Alphaman
09-12-2008, 05:24 AM
GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

:spock::doh!::shrug:

nychief
09-12-2008, 05:41 AM
Shucks! She done be as stupid as me! YEEE HAAA!

Jenson71
09-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Jesus, help us.

Mecca
09-12-2008, 06:29 AM
This woman is a complete moron, there is no other way to put it. They can't shield her forever, right now all she is, is a catchy speech as she keeps having to actually answer questions more and more of her stupid side will show through.

nychief
09-12-2008, 06:31 AM
BRIDE OF BUSH!

whatsmynameagain
09-12-2008, 08:49 AM
obama might be able to fit in another vacation before the fourth.Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
God put Alaska next to Russia in case his plan was to attack across the Bering Strait.

It's all in His Plan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2008, 09:09 AM
God put Alaska next to Russia in case his plan was to attack across the Bering Strait.

It's all....part of the plannn

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/4381/2871/lo/dark_knight_14.jpg

Alphaman
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
obama might be able to fit in another vacation before the fourth.Posted via Mobile Device

nice attempt at deflection, but let's stay on point.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
That would be comical if it weren't so sad. :(

penchief
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
It's good enough for republicans so it should be good enough for the rest of us.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
That would be comical if it weren't so sad. :(

That's kind where I'm at right now.

Cannibal
09-12-2008, 11:59 AM
GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

You could substitute PALIN for BUSH and there would be no intelligible difference. She sounds just like him.

LOCOChief
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
It's rally scary how divided this country is. 54% conservative republicans, 46% liberal whiney ass unemployed chicken shit pussy's.

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 12:23 PM
United States territory is only 2 miles from Russian territory at the Aleutian Islands.
With the proper vantage point and clear skies the average person can see for over 10 miles.
Did you people really not know this? :spock:

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
United States territory is only 2 miles from Russian territory at the Aleutian Islands.
With the proper vantage point and clear skies the average person can see for over 10 miles.

And that has nothing to do with Gibson's question. All she did was point out Alaska's proximity, which Charlie had already done in his question. Her job was to explain what insight into Russia's actions that gave her.

Donger
09-12-2008, 12:26 PM

Where did you get that text? Could you post a link to it please?

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Yes, somebody provide a link for Donger. He wants to make sure it's the actual quote before he embarrasses himself spinning it.

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
And that has nothing to do with Gibson's question. All she did was point out Alaska's proximity, which Charlie had already done in his question. Her job was to explain what insight into Russia's actions that gave her.

Is this the extent of her answer? Without a link or any posted context itís a bit hard to tell.

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes, somebody provide a link for Donger. He wants to make sure it's the actual quote before he embarrasses himself spinning it.

Is it possible for you to just post a link or do you really have to go through these whiney theatrics first?

Donger
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM

Actually, I'd like to see what she said after it.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 12:32 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=5782924&page=2

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.2

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 12:33 PM
It's rally scary how divided this country is. 54% conservative republicans, 46% liberal whiney ass unemployed chicken shit pussy's.

It's pretty black and white huh, wonder why they're even bothering campaigning.

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=5782924&page=2

Button spazed the ďsubmitĒ? ;) Thatís OK, thanks twice.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
It's rally scary how divided this country is. 54% conservative republicans, 46% liberal whiney ass unemployed chicken shit pussy's.AT LEAST MY MOM TOOK ME TO NASCAR!

Donger
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
GIBSON: Let's start, because we are near Russia, let's start with Russia and Georgia.

The administration has said we've got to maintain the territorial integrity of Georgia. Do you believe the United States should try to restore Georgian sovereignty over South Ossetia and Abkhazia?

PALIN: First off, we're going to continue good relations with Saakashvili there. I was able to speak with him the other day and giving him my commitment, as John McCain's running mate, that we will be committed to Georgia. And we've got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable and we have to keep...

GIBSON: You believe unprovoked.

PALIN: I do believe unprovoked and we have got to keep our eyes on Russia, under the leadership there. I think it was unfortunate. That manifestation that we saw with that invasion of Georgia shows us some steps backwards that Russia has recently taken away from the race toward a more democratic nation with democratic ideals.That's why we have to keep an eye on Russia.

And, Charlie, you're in Alaska. We have that very narrow maritime border between the United States, and the 49th state, Alaska, and Russia. They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They're very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
AT LEAST MY MOM TOOK ME TO NASCAR!

Nice reference to Generation Kill

rep

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Is it possible for you to just post a link or do you really have to go through these whiney theatrics first?

Are you not familiar with Donger? He'll routintely ask for a link to something he thinks could be questionable and then will either reach to rationalize said quote or just leave the thread if it's too much. He won't admit Palin's answer was the stuff of retards.

Donger
09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Seems like Gibson brought up Alaska's proximity to Russia first. That being said, she should have replied, "None."

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Are you not familiar with Donger? He'll routintely ask for a link to something he thinks could be questionable and then will either reach to rationalize said quote or just leave the thread if it's too much.

And no one else does that around here.
IMO itís pretty poor form to post a quote without a link. If I ever do it youíre allowed to call me on it.

LOCOChief
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
AT LEAST MY MOM TOOK ME TO NASCAR!

Well then you get a pass.:clap:

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Seems like Gibson brought up Alaska's proximity to Russia first. That being said, she should have replied, "None."

:spock:

Doesn't a questioner usually bring up the issues first?

Her response is ludicrous.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the TARD YARD where we are all going to try an pretend she hasn't addressed this issue. Can you say desperation, I know you could.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the TARD YARD where we are all going to try an pretend she hasn't addressed this issue. Can you say desperation, I know you could.

She didn't address the question asked.

penguinz
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Wrong.

PALIN: I do believe unprovoked and we have got to keep our eyes on Russia, under the leadership there. I think it was unfortunate. That manifestation that we saw with that invasion of Georgia shows us some steps backwards that Russia has recently taken away from the race toward a more democratic nation with democratic ideals.That's why we have to keep an eye on Russia.

And, Charlie, you're in Alaska. We have that very narrow maritime border between the United States, and the 49th state, Alaska, and Russia. They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They're very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.

Donger
09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Wrong.

Sorry, but I'm not:

GIBSON: Let's start, because we are near Russia, let's start with Russia and Georgia.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
She didn't address the question asked.

Just post the interview and not one quote in a desperate attemp to discredit.

BTW what happend to he hiding Palin BS all of you were posting awhile back?

I am going to enjoy watching you all cry when this is over

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 01:21 PM

You enjoy watching people cry?

That's sad.

penguinz
09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry, but I'm not:

GIBSON: Let's start, because we are near Russia, let's start with Russia and Georgia.I stand corrected.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
You enjoy watching people cry?

That's sad.

Anyone who would support this racist gun grabbing POS, you betchha.

The guy should be considered an enemy of the state not a presidential candidate.

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Anyone who would support this racist gun grabbing POS, you betchha.

The guy should be considered an enemy of the state not a presidential candidate.

racist?

gun grabbing?

please elaborate

penguinz
09-12-2008, 01:33 PM
racist?

gun grabbing?

please elaborateHe probably thinks that Obama is trying to give every person in America autism via vaccinations. ;)

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 01:48 PM
racist?

gun grabbing?

please elaborate

Affirmative Action - Rewards based on race is racism.

He served on the board of the Joyce Foundation for 8 years that spent millions trying to eliminate all civilian ownership of firearms.

Dave Lane
09-12-2008, 01:56 PM

And your point is?

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 01:59 PM
He probably thinks that Obama is trying to give every person in America autism via vaccinations. ;)

Well since you brought it up. Obama is for the mandatory full vaccination schedule of all children. He doesn't even want to you to have the personal choice when it comes to your own child. Obama knows what's best for everyone we should all just :wayne: and give full power to the great omniscient one.

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/09/obama-i-am-not.html

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 01:59 PM

He served on the board of the Joyce Foundation for 8 years that spent millions trying to eliminate all civilian ownership of firearms.

I personally disagree with his stance on affirmative action and even have went so far as to call it reverse racism myself. I don't agree that civilians should not have the right to have firearms. I think everyone who owns one should be properly trained in gun safety, etc.

Where he does have me is his view on the Iraq war, the economy, and the belief that we are just spinning our wheels in Washington.

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
And your point is?

If you canít come to terms with such a simple point I doubt further explanation will help you.

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
And your point is?

I think he's saying it's a great place to hunt, right there Radar Chief?

Dave Lane
09-12-2008, 02:02 PM

The one with this mission statement? :

Supporting efforts to protect the Great Lakes, to reduce poverty and violence in the region, and to ensure its residents good schools, decent jobs, a strong democracy, and a diverse and thriving culture.

Dave

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 02:04 PM

Supporting efforts to protect the Great Lakes, to reduce poverty and violence in the region, and to ensure its residents good schools, decent jobs, a strong democracy, and a diverse and thriving culture.

Dave

that bastard

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I think he's saying it's a great place to hunt, right there Radar Chief?

Topic title: Palin on Alaska's proximity to Russia.
Palin: You can see Russia from an Alaskan island.
Responses: Palin is such a doody head.
Me: Russia is well within visible distance from Alaska, what’s the problem?
Holmez (at least responding to my post): points out that there was more to it than what had been posted.
That’s pretty much it. Though I’d doubt you two are really having troubles figuring that one out.

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Topic title: Palin on Alaska's proximity to Russia.
Palin: You can see Russia from an Alaskan island.
Responses: Palin is such a doody head.
Me: Russia is well within visible distance from Alaska, whatís the problem?
Holmez (at least responding to my post): points out that there was more to it than what had been posted.
Thatís pretty much it. Though Iíd doubt you two are really having troubles figuring that one out.

Um, I was just joking with you.

apparently my stand up act is pretty rusty

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Um, I was just joking with you.

apparently my stand up act is pretty rusty

I know, I hope my sarcasm wasn’t too rough. Dave didn't seem to have it figured out yet though.
You’d think I’d have better practice with those smilies. ;) PBJ

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM

Dave

HIS ACTIONS SPEAK SO LOUDLY IT'S HARD TO HEAR WHAT HE'S SAYING ROFL

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM

:spock:

The quote discredits here by itself. I'm not sure what you're thinking.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM

Um, there's 6% unemployment in this country right now, the highest in more than a decade.

Are you stating that everyone that's unemployed is a Democrat?

VAChief
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Um, there's 6% unemployment in this country right now, the highest in more than a decade.

Are you stating that everyone that's unemployed is a Democrat?

McCain's evangelical base supported the likes of Falwell, Robertson, Bakker and his klan of closet femme fatales. I wouldn't want to go down the who has the dumber supporters if I were him/her.

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2008, 07:02 PM

It's all in His Plan.

That's gold.

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM

I'll admit it. I did not know that on a clear Alaskan night i could see ten miles into Russia.

Do people really not know what the Bush Doctrine is?

BCD
09-12-2008, 09:36 PM
It's rally scary how divided this country is. 54% conservative republicans, 46% liberal whiney ass unemployed chicken shit pussy's.LMAO:clap: