PDA

View Full Version : Elections uh-oh, McCain leading in electoral college poll

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 06:25 AM
It looks like NObama's implosion is almost complete as McCain has apparently taken the lead in both the popular and electoral college vote.

Poor Dems. :shake::doh!::eek:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Pres/Pngs/Sep12.png

Bill Parcells
09-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Suicide watch :evil:

HonestChieffan
09-12-2008, 06:35 AM
If his campaign just keeps harping on non issues and trying to trip up Governor Palin, the slide is not going to stop. He has all these surrogates and believers who seem to think the way to victory is to attack someone who clearly is winning over the undecided and made the moderate and right very comfortable. There is a backlash vote as well that Obama has failed to understand. The more his people make this a "persoanl" campaign, the more the voter will veer away from him and that approach. Basically, it turns voters off.

Messier
09-12-2008, 06:55 AM
It looks like NObama's implosion is almost complete as McCain has apparently taken the lead in both the popular and electoral college vote.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/Pres/Pngs/Sep12.png

It's clear that you are taking pleasure in anything showing McCain ahead of Obama. The only thing I can take from this is that you want McCain to win. There are only two reasons for this that I can see, either you think (foolishly) that if McCain wins it will "inspire the Democrats to shift further to the left and more in line with you supposed ideals, or you aren't and never were a liberal.

alnorth
09-12-2008, 07:03 AM
I still dont like that map. If the GOP cant win either Michigan or Pennsylvania (losing Ohio, Florida, or Virginia is not an option) then they would have to virtually sweep the table. This map is a wild-eyed optimistic example of that: NM, CO, MO all won by McCain, with only CO to Obama.

If Obama keeps those two states and picks off Ohio its over. If John McCain holds Florida and Ohio and wins PA or MI, its over. If they split it like this with McCain only winning Ohio and Florida, then they go to all those little tiebreaker states with Obama not needing to win much more.

bkkcoh
09-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Suicide watch :evil:

Olbermann, Matthews or some of the other press???

Infidel Goat
09-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Oh noes.

McCain 270
Obama 268

It's over. Might as well not show up for the debates...

Seriously, though, the only additional state from that map that I could see Obama lose would be Colorado. I could see McCain losing quite a few more of the pink states, though...

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
South ****ing Dakota is "barely Republican," and I'm supposed to be scared?

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 07:52 AM
I still don't understand your schizophrenic stance. Nothing like you cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your political stance is a joke.

banyon
09-12-2008, 07:58 AM
If this happens, you should never be allowed to bitch about anything in a McCain administration, ever.

penchief
09-12-2008, 08:03 AM

It's nice to see that you are receiving so much personal pleasure from the country's misfortune.

seclark
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
It's nice to see that you are receiving so much personal pleasure from the country's misfortune.

you do realize who you're talking to, don't you?
sec

NewChief
09-12-2008, 08:47 AM

Ignore it, and it might go away.

Logical
09-12-2008, 09:09 AM
From the Real Clear Politic Map it is a virtual tie

Obama/Biden 217
McCain/Palin 216
Toss Up 105

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
And 100 pixels below that map:

As everyone probably knows by now, McCain got a solid bounce from his convention. Sarah Palin's speech and to some extent his own speech were very well received by Republicans and some independents. What hasn't been reported until now is the geographic distribution of the bounce. Here are the numbers by region for the relevant weeks (click here for the story.

Region Aug. 18-24 Aug. 25-31 Sept. 1-7
East Obama +15 Obama +17 Obama +11
South McCain +12 McCain +4 McCain +15
Midwest McCain +1 Obama +10 Obama +6
West Obama +5 Obama +7 Obama +7

The Democratic convention was Aug. 25-28 and the Republican convention was Sept. 1-4, so the second column is the pre-convention baseline and the fourth one was taken during and after the Republican convention. If we compare the third and fourth columns to see the effect of the Republican convention, the biggest effect was in the South, where McCain is likely to win most states anyway, and a bit in the East, where Obama is likely to win everything. The effect in the crucial Midwest and West was smaller.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
South ****ing Dakota is "barely Republican," and I'm supposed to be scared?

Any poll that shows SD voting for Obama in November is not credible. Hillary won the primary here for Pete's sake. My vote for Obama is not going to mean much, because the state will go to McCain. Bank on it.

Fortunately, for you and I the race won't be decided by SD though; for Obama to win....he'll need to win in those crucial swing states.

The states to watch, at least earlier in the night on November 4 are: New Hampshire, Florida, Virginia, Ohio, West Virginia, and Michigan.

The winner will need to take at least FOUR of those states. If there is a split, and Obama and McCain each take thee of the four....prepare for another 2000 type election.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
If his campaign just keeps harping on non issues and trying to trip up Governor Palin, the slide is not going to stop. He has all these surrogates and believers who seem to think the way to victory is to attack someone who clearly is winning over the undecided and made the moderate and right very comfortable. There is a backlash vote as well that Obama has failed to understand. The more his people make this a "persoanl" campaign, the more the voter will veer away from him and that approach. Basically, it turns voters off.If Obama gets "angry" now, he will be seen as a whiner. He only got angry because he is losing.

He doesn't lead folks, he reacts. Do you want a President that reacts?

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Any poll that shows SD voting for Obama in November is not credible. Hillary won the primary here for Pete's sake. My vote for Obama is not going to mean much, because the state will go to McCain. Bank on it.

Fortunately, for you and I the race won't be decided by SD though; for Obama to win....he'll need to win in those crucial swing states.

The states to watch, at least earlier in the night on November 4 are: New Hampshire, Florida, Virginia, Ohio, West Virginia, and Michigan.

The winner will need to take at least FOUR of those states. If there is a split, and Obama and McCain each take thee of the four....prepare for another 2000 type election.I saw a poll today that had McCain barely ahead in Michigan, that can't be good news for the Obama campaign.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 11:20 AM
From the Real Clear Politic Map it is a virtual tie

Obama/Biden 217
McCain/Palin 216
Toss Up 105

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

LMAO

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 11:24 AM
The states to watch, at least earlier in the night on November 4 are: New Hampshire, Florida, Virginia, Ohio, West Virginia, and Michigan. Colorado is king.

alnorth
09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Colorado is king.

CO is certainly one of the kings of the tiebreakers, but we have to get to CO first. (For Obama) FL, OH, (For McCain) PA, or MI could make Colorado almost irrelevant. If those four states fall where they seem to be now, then it would be a long night.

RJ
09-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Me-me and the Cons are ejaculating prematurely. Dems need to come back in off the ledge. This election will be close.....duh! Really, how smart does anyone need to be to realize that.

Here's a very non-partisan column by David S. Broder on the subject.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/10/AR2008091002725_pf.html

Mr. Laz
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM

you should be dancing happy

when you signing up for your GOP membership?

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Me-me and the Cons are ejaculating prematurely. Dems need to come back in off the ledge. This election will be close.....duh! Really, how smart does anyone need to be to realize that.

Here's a very non-partisan column by David S. Broder on the subject.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/10/AR2008091002725_pf.html

If there is one thing we can all agree on it's not needing that visual dog.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Colorado is king.

The trend in early states will give us an indicaton of how Colorado will go....once the polls in California close, those eastern results will be pretty far along; the Western states will lag by a couple of hours.

If either wins four of those six states I mentioned, that winner will take Colorado too I suspect. Colorado could be a bell-weather for the West, but the Democratic convention being held in Denver skews that result.....just like we won't be able to put much stock in MN if McCain surprises there.

RJ
09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
If there is one thing we can all agree on it's not needing that visual dog.

You're right - that was overly graphic. I feel a little ashamed.

Cannibal
09-12-2008, 12:18 PM
It's clear that you are taking pleasure in anything showing McCain ahead of Obama. The only thing I can take from this is that you want McCain to win. There are only two reasons for this that I can see, either you think (foolishly) that if McCain wins it will "inspire the Democrats to shift further to the left and more in line with you supposed ideals, or you aren't and never were a liberal.

You are incorrect. What the bitch wants is for Obama to lose so that Hillary can run again in 2012. The problem for her and others like her is that if Obama does lose, Hillary will have ZERO chance. It will be a tit for tat situation and many will blame these Hillary supporters who vote based on genitalia for the loss this year.

C()nts...

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
You are incorrect. What the bitch wants is for Obama to lose so that Hillary can run again in 2012. The problem for her and others like her is that if Obama does lose, Hillary will have ZERO chance. It will be a tit for tat situation and many will blame these Hillary supporters who vote based on genitalia for the loss this year.

C()nts...

It was Hillary's time, that's the way it works. They pissed on her, bottom line. Not only that they pissed on her to pick a black man with not 1, not 2 but 3 Islamic names. I also don't agree with you on 2012.

McCain would have to do an unbelievable job as POTUS for the Dems not gain power. This will be a very difficult presidency IMO.

For the record I think that the only reason it's not Hillary in there is because too many were scared of the big dyke skeleton in her closet.

penchief
09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
It was Hillary's time, that's the way it works. They pissed on her, bottom line. Not only that they pissed on her to pick a black man with not, not 2 but 3 Islamic names. I also don't agree with you on 2012.

McCain would have to do an unbelievable job as POTUS for the Dems not gain power. This will be a very difficult presidency IMO.

For the record I think that the only reason it's not Hillary in there is because too many were scared of the big dyke skeleton in her closet.

You are a real piece of work, my friend.

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 01:39 PM

Nah, I don't want them to move further left or right. I want them to run smart campaigns and be more pragmatic. That would be a great start.

I am a liberal, always have been and likely always will be and that is not the question. The question is if there will be a party that I can support again as a member. I'm done with the lesser of two evils
status quo.

Again, this isn't about Hillary. I could care less if she runs again or not. The problem and the solution was not her. The problem and solution lie within the party leadership and the party itself. Hillary would be a bandaid. Not good enough.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 01:44 PM

So what parts do you disagree with that make me a POW?

Was it not Hillary's time?

Did they not dump her for a black man with 3 muslim names?

Don't you believe the next presidency will be difficult?

You don't think the GOP was going to pull that card?

Just curious

penchief
09-12-2008, 01:53 PM
So what parts do you disagree with that make me a POW?

Was it not Hillary's time?

Did they not dump her for a black man with 3 muslim names?

Don't you believe the next presidency will be difficult?

You don't think the GOP was going to pull that card?

Just curious

Nothing about the GOP surprises me.

I agree that the next presidency will be difficult for someone who is trying to make a difference. Not so much for John McCain because he will just be another front man for the corporate quo. Which is why they like Palin. If she ends up in the presidency she will be another Bush. She'll go along with everything no matter how corrupt it is.

It wasn't Hillary's time or anybody else's, for that matter. No one candidate is entitled to anything. Obama won the democratic primary. Nobody stole anything from Hillary.

The rest of your comments are bigoted garbage. Sorry.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 01:56 PM
The trend in early states will give us an indicaton of how Colorado will go....once the polls in California close, those eastern results will be pretty far along; the Western states will lag by a couple of hours.

If either wins four of those six states I mentioned, that winner will take Colorado too I suspect. Colorado could be a bell-weather for the West, but the Democratic convention being held in Denver skews that result.....just like we won't be able to put much stock in MN if McCain surprises there.Do you really think having a convention in a state will change the outcome of the election? Like it did the Republicans a world of good having it in NY last time.

Obomination will carry Minnesota, after all, it was the only state that voted for favorite son Walter Mondale against Reagan, it is bluer than blue.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
If his campaign just keeps harping on non issues and trying to trip up Governor Palin, the slide is not going to stop. He has all these surrogates and believers who seem to think the way to victory is to attack someone who clearly is winning over the undecided and made the moderate and right very comfortable. There is a backlash vote as well that Obama has failed to understand. The more his people make this a "persoanl" campaign, the more the voter will veer away from him and that approach. Basically, it turns voters off.

While I dont disagree with this, how is it, the McCain campaign can come out and say, "This election isnt about issues, its about personalities." All they do is attack personally and never talk issues, yet it seems to work for them?

banyon
09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you really think having a convention in a state will change the outcome of the election? Like it did the Republicans a world of good having it in NY last time.

Obomination will carry Minnesota, after all, it was the only state that voted for favorite son Walter Mondale against Reagan, it is bluer than blue.

Is that why they have a Republican Governor and Senator?

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Nothing about the GOP surprises me.

I agree that the next presidency will be difficult for someone who is trying to make a difference. Not so much for John McCain because he will just be another front man for the corporate quo. Which is why they like Palin. If she ends up in the presidency she will be another Bush. She'll go along with everything no matter how corrupt it is.

It wasn't Hillary's time or anybody else's, for that matter. No one candidate is entitled to anything. Obama won the democratic primary. Nobody stole anything from Hillary.

The rest of your comments are bigoted garbage. Sorry.

You crack me up. You agreed with everything I just posted except for it being Hillary's time then you go out throw some personal insults about how everything else I wrote was bigoted garbage. LMAO

penchief
09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
You crack me up. You agreed with everything I just posted except for it being Hillary's time then you go out throw some personal insults about how everything else I wrote was bigoted garbage. LMAO

I called your comments about Obama's name and Hillary's closet bigoted garbage. Which they were.

If I wanted to insult you personally I would. But I have no desire to. I like to stick to the topic. But that doesn't mean I won't criticize your comments for what they are.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I called your comments about Obama's name and Hillary's closet bigoted garbage. Which they were.

If I wanted to insult you personally I would. But I have no desire to. I like to stick to the topic. But that doesn't mean I won't criticize your comments for what they are.

Obama does have 3 islamic names and Hillary does have a past. If pointing out the obvious is bigoted to you then so be it.

Messier
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Nah, I don't want them to move further left or right. I want them to run smart campaigns and be more pragmatic. That would be a great start.

I am a liberal, always have been and likely always will be and that is not the question. The question is if there will be a party that I can support again as a member. I'm done with the lesser of two evils
status quo.

Again, this isn't about Hillary. I could care less if she runs again or not. The problem and the solution was not her. The problem and solution lie within the party leadership and the party itself. Hillary would be a bandaid. Not good enough.

You are not a liberal.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 02:32 PM
You are not a liberal.

Oh yes she is. She is an angry liberal that is pissed off at the Dems who took a shit on hillary when it was her time and did it with this guy.

Messier
09-12-2008, 02:33 PM

Well you seem to have a problem with Obama's name.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Do you really think having a convention in a state will change the outcome of the election? Like it did the Republicans a world of good having it in NY last time.

Colorado is already close enough (this year, and in recent elections,) that the convention might have given Obama the edge he needs. I guess we'll see though. Minnesota will likely go Obama, but I honestly think it will be much closer than most think.

BIG_DADDY
09-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Well you seem to have a problem with Obama's name.

Look from a womans prespective for just a moment. Black men got to vote before they did. Hillary was the one that they thought was their real shot then what do the Dems do, they pissed on her for a black dude with 3 islamic names. His name will have some impact on his electability. After all the support women have given the Dems over the years they do that to them. If I was a liberal woman I would be as angry as hell.

Bottom line is liberals are pissed at the Palin pick because they continue to lose the female vote. Obama's dumb ass comments to further alienate those votes are not helping either.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 02:52 PM
You are a real piece of work, my friend.Penchief's best attempt at immitating John McCain.

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 03:37 PM
You are not a liberal.

ROFLROFLROFL

Before this election I had liberals on this board claiming I was too far left for them was giving a bad name to Democrats and liberals. They did love me though cuz I was ruthless regarding their main nemesis, GWB.

Now, I have snot nosed leftist newbies to the political process claiming I am not a liberal at all because I'm not supporting the Democratic chump in chief nominee. ROFLROFLROFL

Messier
09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Before this election I had liberals on this board claiming I was too far left for them was giving a bad name to Democrats and liberals. They did love me though cuz I was ruthless regarding their main nemesis, GWB.

Now, I have snot nosed leftist newbies to the political process claiming I am not a liberal at all because I'm not supporting the Democratic chump in chief nominee. ROFLROFLROFL

You are not a liberal.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Is that why they have a Republican Governor and Senator?
Rino's

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Obama does have 3 islamic names and Hillary does have a past. If pointing out the obvious is bigoted to you then so be it.Dude, the whole Obama campaign is devolving to a "if you don't vote for BO, you're a racist".

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
You are not a liberal.

Ok, if you say so. ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Messier
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Dude, the whole Obama campaign is devolving to a "if you don't vote for BO, you're a racist".

Really? Explain.

Messier
09-12-2008, 03:53 PM

Thank You.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
She's a whackjob, bleeding heart liberal-the kind that most try associate the entire party with. Believe me, she's not even close to the typical Democrat-she's a loon.

You know what they say about a woman scorned-she must have been blow-torched.

banyon
09-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Rino's

So McCain was seriously considering a RINO for VP? Perhaps it's time to revisit your vote then.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Look from a womans prespective for just a moment. Black men got to vote before they did. Hillary was the one that they thought was their real shot then what do the Dems do, they pissed on her for a black dude with 3 islamic names. His name will have some impact on his electability. After all the support women have given the Dems over the years they do that to them. If I was a liberal woman I would be as angry as hell.

Bottom line is liberals are pissed at the Palin pick because they continue to lose the female vote. Obama's dumb ass comments to further alienate those votes are not helping either.
Just a few more years "sweetie", you will get your chance.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 04:06 PM
So McCain was seriously considering a RINO for VP? Perhaps it's time to revisit your vote then.Dude, he was seriously considering a former VP nominee of a Democrat ticket. What does that have to do with what he DID.

PunkinDrublic
09-12-2008, 04:07 PM

You stupid bitch no liberal would be as gleeful as you have been at the prospect of a virtual third term for dubya! I don't agree with all of Obamas policies I was for Kucinich in the primaries. The bigger picture that you're too ****ing stupid to see is that Neoconservatism and the warmongers like John Mccain must be defeated at any costs.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 04:09 PM
You stupid bitch no liberal would be as gleeful as you have been at the prospect of a virtual third term for dubya! I don't agree with all of Obamas policies I was for Kucinich in the primaries. The bigger picture that you're too ****ing stupid to see is that Neoconservatism and the warmongers like John Mccain must be defeated at any costs.

she got sick of just conservatives hating her so now she's going after the liberal hate. Pay her no nevermind.

Logical
09-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Seeing his posts in DC it is sometimes hard to believe he is really such a good guy.

PunkinDrublic
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
she got sick of just conservatives hating her so now she's going after the liberal hate. Pay her no nevermind.

I can't post on this board from work and don't have a lot of time in between so I've been lurking a lot. So much stupidity from the cons and duhneocon that I see posted really pisses me off. I need to stay out of DC for awhile.

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 04:16 PM

I may be a bitch, I'll own that, but I'm not stupid. The DEMS are a dysfunctional group of losers who continue doing the same shit and losing elections. Count me out. If they can't TROUNCE the CONS after the last eight years then they DESERVE to lose. They chose the least qualified, tested, and experienced candidate out of their options and then they will wonder why they lost. And they are so fuggin stupid they will think it was racism or Hillary that was the reason.

When they lose, not if, maybe, just maybe, THEN they will take a good long look at why they can't win elections and realize it was their enabling, collaboration, and duplicity with the GWB that caused their demise this time. Their inability to stand for much anything the other times.

penchief
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I may be a bitch, I'll own that, but I'm not stupid. The DEMS are a dysfunctional group of losers who continue doing the same shit and losing elections. Count me out.

If they can't TROUNCE the CONS after the last eight years then they DESERVE to lose.

Maybe, just maybe, THEN they will take a good long look at why they can't win elections and realize it was their enabling, collaboration, and duplicity with the GWB that caused their demise.

Then you must have recognized how Hillary started towing the neocon line during her campaign. You must have recognized how her tactics started taking on a Rovian flavor.

If you must know the truth, that is when the tide turned for me. I was ready to support Hillary until she and Bill started acting like republicans.

PunkinDrublic
09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I may be a bitch, I'll own that, but I'm not stupid. The DEMS are a dysfunctional group of losers who continue doing the same shit and losing elections. Count me out. If they can't TROUNCE the CONS after the last eight years then they DESERVE to lose. They chose the least qualified, tested, and experienced candidate out of their options and then they will wonder why they lost. And they are so fuggin stupid they will think it was racism or Hillary that was the reason.

When they lose, not if, maybe, just maybe, THEN they will take a good long look at why they can't win elections and realize it was their enabling, collaboration, and duplicity with the GWB that caused their demise this time. Their inability to stand for much anything the other times.

I will agree that the Dems need to grow some balls but I'm not gonna cheerlead when things go well for the cons.

Messier
09-12-2008, 04:28 PM

I was right, you do hope that by losing, a wake up call will be sounded, and the Dems will clean house and regroup.

That won't happen.

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Then you must have recognized how Hillary started towing the neocon line during her campaign. You must have recognized how her tactics started taking on a Rovian flavor.

If you must know the truth, that is when the tide turned for me. I was ready to support Hillary until she and Bill started acting like republicans.

And how ironic that in the end she might have ended up winning with those tactics and NObama could cost the DEMS the WH.

Is that because people wanted Hillary to be Neocon lite? Nope, it was because she was not John McCain...

just as John McCain will likely win because he is NOT NObama

Messier
09-12-2008, 04:33 PM
And how ironic that in the end she might have ended up winning with those tactics and NObama could cost the DEMS the WH.

Is that because people wanted Hillary to be Neocon lite? Nope, it was because she was not John McCain...

So, you'll be pleased, just a bit, if McCain wins, right?

And we'll have four years of policies, I assume you abhor, being implemented.

banyon
09-12-2008, 04:36 PM
So, you'll be pleased, just a bit, if McCain wins, right?

And we'll have four years of policies, I assume you abhor, being implemented.

C'mon now. The important thing isn't which policies are implemented, it's that the person implementing them has a vagina or isn't black.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 05:15 PM
C'mon now. The important thing isn't which policies are implemented, it's that the person implementing them has a vagina or isn't black.

QFT

Rep fo sho

penchief
09-12-2008, 05:24 PM

Well, I for one am sick and tired of those tactics. And the fact that Hillary resorted to them only disappointed and disillusioned me. If I wanted to vote for the person who could be the most dishonest or the most unethical I'd be voting for a republican. But that's not what I want from the people that represent my beliefs.

The fact that you are willing to sacrifice your own belief system out of bitterness just shows how self-absorbed your resentment has made you.