PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues McCain says Governors and Mayors lack experience in National Security

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2008, 10:37 AM
From a Fox News Republican Debate, addressing the qualifications of Romney and Giuliani:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzhFDQIgGSg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzhFDQIgGSg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Eagerly anticipating the Donger defense:

"He only said he had a lot of experience and wasn't a governor or mayor."

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2008, 10:41 AM
You're twisting McCain's 'beleavez'. Don't worry I'll fed-ex you a basketball...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

RINGLEADER
09-12-2008, 10:45 AM
ROFL

Great catch!

Keep focusing on Palin!

penchief
09-12-2008, 10:47 AM
ROFL

Great catch!

Keep focusing on Palin!

It's not so much a focus on Palin as it is exposing the hypocricy that undermines the basis of McCain's own argument.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 10:48 AM
This man constantly contradicts himself.

whatsmynameagain
09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I bet green day wouldn't mind the mccain camp borrowing "walking contradiction" to play during mccains appearances.Posted via Mobile Device

Captain Obvious
09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
OOOOOOOOPS

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Where are all the McCain people to defend this?

PRIEST
09-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Nice ROFL

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 01:32 PM
The only difference I see is possibly the # 1 slot to the # 2 slot. If that isn't it, then either his comments then or the comments now has gotten off track.

Again, it goes back to politicians screw up the minute they open their mouths, something will always come back to bite you in the ass. Same old politics,open mouth, insert foot ...... Just like Biden has done, just like Obama, it doesn't matter. But it's something the dems can use for political spin, the republicans do it.....Same old shit.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
The only difference I see is possibly the # 1 slot to the # 2 slot. If that isn't it, then either his comments then or the comments now has gotten off track.

Again, it goes back to politicians screw up the minute they open their mouths, something will always come back to bite you in the ass. Same old politics,open mouth, insert foot ...... Just like Biden has done, just like Obama, it doesn't matter. But it's something the dems can use for political spin, the republicans do it.....Same old shit.

Either someone is qualified as governor or mayor or they are not. It doesn't matter what position they're in.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Fair and Balanced Roy tellin' it like it is. When McCain flubs up, he's quick to pan the camera to the left.

Donger
09-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't see anyone promoting the idea that governors or mayors have a lot of national security experience.

Did I miss something?

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Don't worry I'll fed-ex you a basketball...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

ROFL Where is that coming from anyway? Thatís the second time Iíve read that and I donít get the reference.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't see anyone promoting the idea that governors or mayors have a lot of national security experience.

Did I miss something?

Wasn't it McCain that claimed that Palin had national security experience because Russia was so closed to her?

Donger
09-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Wasn't it McCain that claimed that Palin had national security experience because Russia was so closed to her?

Cindy McCain, yes.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Cindy McCain, yes.

Seems to me like she's the one promoting the idea that a Governor has National security experience.

Donger
09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Seems to me like she's the one promoting the idea that a Governor has National security experience.

Congratulations on following along.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Congratulations on following along.

Did I miss something?

:shrug:

Are you following along?

Donger
09-12-2008, 02:29 PM
:shrug:

Are you following along?

Yes, it was a silly thing to say on Cindy's part.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes, it was a silly thing to say on Cindy's part.

yes it was

Why did you ask the question if you already knew the answer?

Donger
09-12-2008, 02:31 PM
yes it was

Why did you ask the question if you already knew the answer?

I wasn't aware that Cindy had said that until now.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:32 PM

Who is Cindy again?

Donger
09-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Who is Cindy again?

John McCain's wife.

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 02:34 PM
NObama said HE wasn't ready himself before he decided he was. Look for this clip to surface ad nauseum if the NObama camp tries to use McCain's clip.

penchief
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
NObama said HE wasn't ready himself before he decided he was. Look for this clip to surface ad nauseum if the NObama camp tries to use McCain's clip.

Seems different to me.

If you think you are not ready for something you are the best judge of that. If later you feel that you are ready you are also the best judge of that. That is a subjective judgment.

On the other hand, a blanket statement degrading the qualifications of a governor or mayor as a presidential candidate does have relevance to the campaign when you turn around a choose a governor/ex-mayor for vice-president, thereby contradicting your own previously held belief.

And it expecially has relevance when that governor/ex-mayor reinforces the original claim with her performance in her first nationally televised prime time interview, lending credence to the notion that not only is she not ready but that McCain picked her for political reasons other than her readiness.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:48 PM
John McCain's wife.

why would she say such a thing?

mlyonsd
09-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks, but a governor with executive experience with almost as many days in office as a senator with legislative, is really a wash.

Especially when the senator is going for the top job and the governor is the second person on the ticket.

Donger
09-12-2008, 02:51 PM
why would she say such a thing?

I don't know.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks, but a governor with executive experience with almost as many days in office as a senator with legislative, is really a wash.

Especially when the senator is going for the top job and the governor is the second person on the ticket.

so what about many years in legislative experience versus a couple of years in legislative experience?

mlyonsd
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
so what about many years in legislative experience versus a couple of years in legislative experience?

I've been comfortable with McCain for a decade now. If that's what you're asking.

PRIEST
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM

Did I miss something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nu7Kjk_0Q :eek:

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know.

Don't you think McCain staffers give her a script?

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I've been comfortable with McCain for a decade now. If that's what you're asking.

That's not but okay. My question is how does legislative experience not count, but that too is all McCain has>

mlyonsd
09-12-2008, 02:59 PM
That's not but okay. My question is how does legislative experience not count, but that too is all McCain has>

My original point was it seems the left grasping at straws about Palin's experience really seems silly considering their guy isn't anymore experienced, especially at the executive level.

And Palin is just going for VP and has time to 'learn the ropes' while their guy is thrown into the blender on day one.

I don't get it and it's a non-issue to me.

Donger
09-12-2008, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nu7Kjk_0Q :eek:

Okay, that's just stupid. Thanks for the link.

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Either someone is qualified as governor or mayor or they are not. It doesn't matter what position they're in.

:spock:

I was referring the # 1 to POTUS and the # 2 as VPOTUS, maybe McCain thinks it's OK, to be a mayor or governor for VPOTUS.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
My original point was it seems the left grasping at straws about Palin's experience really seems silly considering their guy isn't anymore experienced, especially at the executive level.

And Palin is just going for VP and has time to 'learn the ropes' while their guy is thrown into the blender on day one.

I don't get it and it's a non-issue to me.

My Point is nobody has experience as the President of the United States until they are elected.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Straight talkin' his way in front of a HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOpe train!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkSgW4Qc4jI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkSgW4Qc4jI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mlyonsd
09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
My Point is nobody has experience as the President of the United States until they are elected.

On that my friend, I can't argue.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Okay, that's just stupid. Thanks for the link.

Yes, that was. We should put Xcel energy in charge of homeland security???

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
It's not so much a focus on Palin as it is exposing the hypocricy that undermines the basis of McCain's own argument.

Bingo.

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 03:23 PM

I don't recall anything like this ....... Link ?

InChiefsHell
09-12-2008, 03:23 PM
At least Palin isn't out there telling everyone that Romney would have been a better pick...ala Biden is with Clinton...

...I mean, isn't he saying that basically Barack should not have picked him for the VP? What the hell...?

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Me neither, why would she say this ?

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't recall anything like this ....... Link ?

post 32 roy?

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
post 32 roy?

Seen it after I posted, I was reading along, commented before I got to post 32.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 03:33 PM
:spock:

I was referring the # 1 to POTUS and the # 2 as VPOTUS, maybe McCain thinks it's OK, to be a mayor or governor for VPOTUS.

And once again, that's simply not true.

Either they are qualified or they are not. And everyone knows that a VP has to be able to handle the P incase of emergency. Thus, it doesn't really matter what position they're in.

You have nothing, Roy.

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 03:37 PM
And once again, that's simply not true.

Either they are qualified or they are not. And everyone knows that a VP has to be able to handle the P incase of emergency. Thus, it doesn't really matter what position they're in.

You have nothing, Roy.

So we are back to qualifications and experience ........ Great, we vote for nobody .

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
So we are back to qualifications and experience ........ Great, we vote for nobody .

I'm glad you wised up. We vote for nobody unless there's a former President running. Or, alternatively, we throw out this arbitrary system for what is and isn't qualification/experience.

ILChief
09-12-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm glad you wised up. We vote for nobody unless there's a former President running. Or, alternatively, we throw out this arbitrary system for what is and isn't qualification/experience.

yep, there is no job like being POTUS. Being a governor isn't the same, being a mayor (even if it was during 9/11 Rudy), senator, congressman, nothing prepares you. If you want someone with the experience to be President, the only two people eligible are George HW Bush and Jimmy Carter. And I don't want either of those.

VAChief
09-12-2008, 07:17 PM
ROFL

Great catch!

Keep focusing on Palin!

She's out there with McCain propping him up, he has gone all in with her. It has turned out well so far, if he can keep her sequestered for another two months he might actually pull it off. There were enough dumbasses who elected Bush the last two times, so Grandpa Simpson and Tammy Faye have a legitimate shot.