PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues How do conservatives feel......

Mr. Laz
09-12-2008, 12:20 PM
about how McCain/Pallin is completely distancing themselves from Bush.

i mean they pretty much stolen/adopted Obama's campaign on "change". They let him out of their convention for the most part.

so how do conservatives feel about McCain completely dissing the guy(Bush) that you have been defending for the last 8 years.

Does this mean that McCain believes you were wrong?

Does this mean that McCain is currently lying?

So is every Conservative now on board with Bush sucks?

:hmmm:

LOCOChief
09-12-2008, 12:41 PM
He hasn't directly said anything derogatory about Bush that I know of. I think the reason he hasn't is because he has respect for him as I do. but I guess I don't know what other conservatives think, maybe we'll find out in this thread.

but how could I have any regrets, the alternatives Gore (wacked out freak) and Kerry a guy that goes to Nam with a camera crew posing as a hero and a patriot and comes home and accuses his buddy's of killing the innocent. Those last two elections where no brainers ffor the same reason this one will be.

Baby Lee
09-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Issues How do conservatives feel......
Trick question, conservatives don't feel.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
There is a huge gulf between admitting that the last 8 years could have gone better, and saying Bush "sucked".....because IMHO, we wouldhave gone a helluva lot WORSE under either Gore/Kerry. I'm convinced of that. Sorry, but I'm quite sure it's true.

So, no....Laz, Bush wasn't great, but given the circumstances and events of the last 8 years....it could have been much worse IMHO. So, no Bush doesn't suck; he's not the debil.

Bush just doesn't "rock!" Okay.... :shrug:

FWIW, I don't expect Obama or McCain to really "rock" either. But I'm willing to gamble this time....and hope Obama can shake things up, one way or another.

If Obama is able to really do some of the things I'd like to see, I'll be pleasantly surprised; if he doesn't, I suspect that Dems might be relegated to a permanent/long-time minnority party by the 2012 election and the Reps will get another chance....to return to their real roots, instead of the Neocon hijack that we've seen Bush preside over.

SBK
09-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Distancing oneself from someone with such a low approval rating probably isn't the worst political move one can make.

Rooster
09-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Trick question, conservatives don't feel.

Some of the women do.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Distancing oneself from someone with such a low approval rating probably isn't the worst political move one can make.

I dont think anyone would argue that it was a good move, thats not the question.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Considering Bush virtually destroyed the conservative, "Reagan coalition", I am fine with it.

Do you really think that the 30 % of the people, who still approve of him, are conservative?

More likely Rockefeller Republicans

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
There is a huge gulf between admitting that the last 8 years could have gone better, and saying Bush "sucked".....because IMHO, we wouldhave gone a helluva lot WORSE under either Gore/Kerry. I'm convinced of that. Sorry, but I'm quite sure it's true.

So, no....Laz, Bush wasn't great, but given the circumstances and events of the last 8 years....it could have been much worse IMHO. So, no Bush doesn't suck; he's not the debil.

Bush just doesn't "rock!" Okay.... :shrug:

FWIW, I don't expect Obama or McCain to really "rock" either. But I'm willing to gamble this time....and hope Obama can shake things up, one way or another.

If Obama is able to really do some of the things I'd like to see, I'll be pleasantly surprised; if he doesn't, I suspect that Dems might be relegated to a permanent/long-time minnority party by the 2012 election and the Reps will get another chance....to return to their real roots, instead of the Neocon hijack that we've seen Bush preside over.Yada yada yada. Do you have splinters in your ass from straddling that fence yet? :p

RJ
09-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Considering Bush virtually destroyed the conservative, "Reagan coalition", I am fine with it.

Do you really think that the 30 % of the people, who still approve of him, are conservative?

More likely Rockefeller Republicans

Some Rockefeller Republicans, but I think a real big percentage is just people who are too hardheaded and/or dumb to be able to see the truth.

I don't think any conservative who is truly a conservative could be a fan of Bush.

PunkinDrublic
09-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Mccain and his supporters have struggled to explain how he is any different from Bush.

InChiefsHell
09-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Bush has a low approval rating. Same reason Obama doesn't talk too much about being a Senator...the senate and congress have and even MORE abysmal rating with America than Bush does...quite an accomplishment, if you think about it. Pelosi ROCKS!

penchief
09-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Whatever it takes to win, baby.