PDA

View Full Version : Elections Sarah Palin- A "Nucular" Disaster

penguinz
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PHKwPrkwqUk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PHKwPrkwqUk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Why is it that "all" republicans do not know how to pronounce 'nuclear'.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Why is it that "all" republicans do not know how to pronounce 'nuclear'.

Did you ever listen to Jimmy Carter? nukier
He also had trouble with aluminum. Alummium

It's not republicans, it's people.

VAChief
09-12-2008, 07:25 PM
These kind of things aren't a big deal to me, especially if it is a regional dialect issue. I am more worried when they don't understand the meaning of the words or concepts they use.

I really hope she isn't as impulsive, gullible and pliable as her first impressions have given me, because there is a decent chance she could be thrust into the CINC role and her views on abortion and guns aside, she appears not even remotely ready. I certainly hope I am wrong if that happens.

I get as wound up as anybody debating who has the better platform, but I believe that all the remaining candidates actually want to better America. I just think three of them are relatively prepared and the fourth, at least in her showing so far...is not.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:48 PM
These kind of things aren't a big deal to me, especially if it is a regional dialect issue. I am more worried when they don't understand the meaning of the words or concepts they use.

I really hope she isn't as impulsive, gullible and pliable as her first impressions have given me, because there is a decent chance she could be thrust into the CINC role and her views on abortion and guns aside, she appears not even remotely ready. I certainly hope I am wrong if that happens.

I get as wound up as anybody debating who has the better platform, but I believe that all the remaining candidates actually want to better America. I just think three of them are relatively prepared and the fourth, at least in her showing so far...is not.

You think she is not but Obama is? I need some of the stuff you are taking.

Obama cannot think on his feet. Palin can. Obama gets tongue tied when he gets flustered. She hasn't been flustered yet regardless of all the accusations the libs are throwing at her. Obama cannot give a coherent speech without teleprompters. Palin can.

Palin has been an executive. Obama has not.

Obama is not Jesus Christ and Palin is not Pontius Pilate, but she is more qualified than Obama.

VAChief
09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
You think she is not but Obama is? I need some of the stuff you are taking.

Obama cannot think on his feet. Palin can. Obama gets tongue tied when he gets flustered. She hasn't been flustered yet regardless of all the accusations the libs are throwing at her. Obama cannot give a coherent speech without teleprompters. Palin can.

Palin has been an executive. Obama has not.

Obama is not Jesus Christ and Palin is not Pontius Pilate, but she is more qualified than Obama.

Yes I think he is definitely more ready than Palin. I do recognize that direct experience is not his greatest strength, but I like what he is trying to do and if you disagree with those ideas I have no problem with that as well.

You see someone who gets flustered, I see someone who has withstood an incredible amount of scrutiny for the better part of a year and has kept his cool (for the most part). Most people don't perform as well without prepared notes (Palin's speech was spelled "new clear" phonetically so she would remember). I see similarities certainly in their charisma and energy which I do like about her. She has had one direct interview and no impromptu access by the media (on flights, etc.) I don't think you can compare their abilities to speak without a prepared speech on her one interview with Charles Gibson, it wasn't that bad, but it certainly wasn't that good either.

I would argue her executive experience is nothing to particularly laud so far.
I ran a lemonade stand one summer didn't make me a CEO.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes I think he is definitely more ready than Palin. I do recognize that direct experience is not his greatest strength, but I like what he is trying to do and if you disagree with those ideas I have no problem with that as well.

You see someone who gets flustered, I see someone who has withstood an incredible amount of scrutiny for the better part of a year and has kept his cool (for the most part). Most people don't perform as well without prepared notes (Palin's speech was spelled "new clear" phonetically so she would remember). I see similarities certainly in their charisma and energy which I do like about her. She has had one direct interview and no impromptu access by the media (on flights, etc.) I don't think you can compare their abilities to speak without a prepared speech on her one interview with Charles Gibson, it wasn't that bad, but it certainly wasn't that good either.

I would argue her executive experience is nothing to particularly laud so far.
I ran a lemonade stand one summer didn't make me a CEO.

Running a lemonade stand is not being the governor of a state, nor can it be compared to being the mayor of a small town.

As governor she has been the CinC of their state militia (National Guard). Obama has had no such experience.

I see putting someone in office like Obama making you feel like your dad did the very first time he let you drive his new car by your self. He let you do it but wasn't sure if it was going to come back in one piece. The country is not a car and if it doesn't come back after Obama's test drive it can't be taken to the shop for repair.

Obama is smooth, but that is not experience. I'm sorry I don't feel a community organizer is an important job, and it is not executive experience.

We will not agree on the candidates. We can disgaree forever but that isn't going to impact how either of us feel about who is running and who is ready.

RJ
09-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Intellectually, Palin is nowhere near Obama's level. I know that doesn't matter to everyone but it does to me. No big deal if McCain were 10 or 20 years younger, but he's not so it is.

splatbass
09-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't really care that she can't pronounce the word - there are many other reasons not to vote for her - but I do find it hilarious that she is still mispronouncing it after her speech at the convention where the teleprompter had it as "new clear" so she would pronounce it right (the RNC released the text of the speech to the press but forgot to change that part...). The campaign was worried that she would mispronounce it, and have undoubtedly coached her on it, but she still can't remember to pronounce it right?

Logical
09-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't really care that she can't pronounce the word - there are many other reasons not to vote for her - but I do find it hilarious that she is still mispronouncing it after her speech at the convention where the teleprompter had it as "new clear" so she would pronounce it right (the RNC released the text of the speech to the press but forgot to change that part...). The campaign was worried that she would mispronounce it, and have undoubtedly coached her on it, but she still can't remember to pronounce it right?3 for three, kickoff speech, convention speech and this interview. Mainly it is funny, but after 8 years of Bush not nearly so much.

Fish
09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Running a lemonade stand is not being the governor of a state, nor can it be compared to being the mayor of a small town.

As governor she has been the CinC of their state militia (National Guard). Obama has had no such experience.

I see putting someone in office like Obama making you feel like your dad did the very first time he let you drive his new car by your self. He let you do it but wasn't sure if it was going to come back in one piece. The country is not a car and if it doesn't come back after Obama's test drive it can't be taken to the shop for repair.

Obama is smooth, but that is not experience. I'm sorry I don't feel a community organizer is an important job, and it is not executive experience.

We will not agree on the candidates. We can disgaree forever but that isn't going to impact how either of us feel about who is running and who is ready.

I still feel that Palin's governor role and included "head of Alaskan National Guard" is incredibly weak support for her presidential readiness.... I can't believe people tote that line.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Intellectually, Palin is nowhere near Obama's level. I know that doesn't matter to everyone but it does to me. No big deal if McCain were 10 or 20 years younger, but he's not so it is.

You are right, she is much higher intellectually. I'm surprised you were able to admit that.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I still feel that Palin's governor role and included "head of Alaskan National Guard" is incredibly weak support for her presidential readiness.... I can't believe people tote that line.

She wasn't the head of the National Guard, she was their Commander in Chief until they became federalized. I guess it's too much for you to understand the title, but what similar experience does Obama have?

RJ
09-12-2008, 10:16 PM
You are right, she is much higher intellectually. I'm surprised you were able to admit that.

Now that was just dumb.

I am rubber, you are glue!!!

Fish
09-13-2008, 12:50 AM
She wasn't the head of the National Guard, she was their Commander in Chief until they became federalized. I guess it's too much for you to understand the title, but what similar experience does Obama have?

I'm not claiming Obama has anything. He does lack experience. I agree with that.

But... pointing out that Palin was in charge of an Alaskan militia doesn't strike me as anything to brag about. I mean seriously.... Alaskan militia? A militia in Alaska? Seriously?

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2008, 12:54 AM
I honestly can't believe that some stupid bastards still think that regional/colloquial dialect makes one "stupid."

Unless of course that dialect is....from JFK, LBJ, the Bush's, or Clinton and you support them. :rolleyes:

Shaid
09-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Palin's experience doesn't impress me but who the **** cares? The election is between Obama and McCain. The VP selection is something to consider but our main concern should be what the actual candidate's positions are on the issues. We never hear about the issues and instead hear all of this bullshit. No wonder our country is ****ed up, we take the bait that the media puts in front of us and get distracted from what actually matters.

By the way, I'd hit that shit. :D

Fish
09-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Palin's experience doesn't impress me but who the **** cares? The election is between Obama and McCain. The VP selection is something to consider but our main concern should be what the actual candidate's positions are on the issues. We never hear about the issues and instead hear all of this bullshit. No wonder our country is ****ed up, we take the bait that the media puts in front of us and get distracted from what actually matters.

By the way, I'd hit that shit. :D

I'm starting to see a connection.........

Shaid
09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm starting to see a connection.........

lol, she's McCain's "Fox girl".