PDA

View Full Version : Elections IMO: Obama's Best Ad So Far

jettio
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I saw this one on TV in KC this morning and even if it is getting less fanfare than the other new ads today, my thought when seeing it this morning is that it is going to be effective and that this ad is going to get a lot of play in the swing states.

http://thepage.time.com/obama-ad-on-mccains-lobbying-ties/

Obama campaign throws a solid punch with this ad, and McCain does not have an answer for it.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
That's a pretty good ad, actually.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 03:50 PM
McCain knows how many states there are in the union. Osama dosen't. this will go to the polls with him. also refusing to drill for oil at home. which America demands !!!! that's the real issue

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
McCain knows how many states there are in the union. Osama dosen't. this will go to the polls with him. also refusing to drill for oil at home. which America demands !!!! that's the real issue

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Do you really think Obama doesnt know how many states are in the union?

He has also changed his position on drilling, just like McCain did.

Those are the issues to you?

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I saw this one on TV in KC this morning and even if it is getting less fanfare than the other new ads today, my thought when seeing it this morning is that it is going to be effective and that this ad is going to get a lot of play in the swing states.

Obama campaign throws a solid punch with this ad, and McCain does not have an answer for it.

That was a great ad.

PRIEST
09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
This is a good one :clap:

jettio
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM
I think Obama has an easier case to make on the controversies that will decide the election because his takes are more logically sound and based on facts and McCain's issue based arguments are not sound and depend on voters falling for untrue premises and conclusions.

I suppose PT Barnum is reputed to have said that you can never underestimate the gullibility of the public, but in spite of the 2004 results, I still think that the electorate will figure this one out.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Do you really think Obama doesnt know how many states are in the union?

He has also changed his position on drilling, just like McCain did.

Those are the issues to you?

57 states???? he's shittin you

like to see a link on the oil. and why he said no before he said yes. :shake:

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:05 PM

You do know that McCain said No, before he said yes. Right.

They both changed their minds, and rightly so. There is an energy crisis and oil was at an all time high.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
You do know that McCain said No, before he said yes. Right.

They both changed their minds, and rightly so. There is an energy crisis and oil was at an all time high.

so why did Osama say yes???? the democraps say NO. he's breaking from party hacks here???? the link if you please.

jettio
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
so why did Osama say yes???? the democraps say NO. he's breaking from party hacks here???? the link if you please.

Since the topic on this thread is McCain declaring that it is over for the special interests in Washington, why do you think that your counter-argument that McCain is willing to change his positions to appease the oil companies is helpful?

I think McCain's advocacy for a course of action that does not solve the problem but benefits a select few is proof that McCain is a stooge for the powerful and not a fighter for the public good.

BucEyedPea
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
It's decent to this swing voter. But ya' know what would make it a slam dunk for me, if he showed that his chief FP advisor was a lobbyist for Georgia. That and another ad that's more anti-war by showing Mac's "more wars" words. But he can't because he supports the same policy, more war, with regard to Georgia. That my friend is the problem with these candidates.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:14 PM

I have no idea what Osama said, ask Bush, he has dinner with the Bin Ladens.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/obama-drilling.html

This is old news, you arent paying attention.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Since the topic on this thread is McCain declaring that it is over for the special interests in Washington, why do you think that your counter-argument that McCain is willing to change his positions to appease the oil companies is helpful?

I think McCain's advocacy for a course of action that does not solve the problem but benefits a select few is proof that McCain is a stooge for the powerful and not a fighter for the public good.

this has to do with what?????

Donger
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I wonder if anyone on Barack Hussein's campaign is a lobbyist? That shouldn't be too hard to ascertain.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM

neither are you. old news???? since when is high energy cost old news????

ask Bush, he has dinner with the Bin Ladens.

ROFLROFL

your old news

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
They can run but they can't hide.

Donger
09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, that was easy...

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/lobbyists-on-obamas-08-payroll-2007-12-20.html

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
neither are you. old news???? since when is high energy cost old news????

ROFLROFL

your old news

Dude, you asked for a link to Obamas position on drilling, which is old news. I provided it for you.

You asked when Osama changed his position, I wouldnt know, he is in a cave somewhere. Maybe Bush knows.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:24 PM

Another sudden switch and another major slide toward the center by Democratic Sen. Barack Obama.

slide is "right"

jettio
09-12-2008, 04:24 PM
this has to do with what?????

I think it has to do with your inability to comprehend and state arguments.

I think the ad is effective and I hope to see it still playing in Missouri up to election day, because I know if Obama is still competing for Missouri, then he is strong overall.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Dude, you asked for a link to Obamas position on drilling, which is old news. I provided it for you.

You asked when Osama changed his position, I wouldnt know, he is in a cave somewhere. Maybe Bush knows.

Osama's in a cave. in Afghanistan?????

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
slide is "right"

You are thick. McCain "SLID" as well.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 04:27 PM
slide is "right"Unfortunately for YOUR ARGUMENT, Obama Did NOT take ANY money from LOBBYISTS as candidate for POTUS. McCain, however aligned himself with those same people he blasted as special interest. I'm beginning to think McCain is delirious or a ****ing LIAR.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:27 PM
You are thick. McCain "SLID" as well.

slide where???? hahahaha................

jettio
09-12-2008, 04:29 PM
It's decent to this swing voter. But ya' know what would make it a slam dunk for me, if he showed that his chief FP advisor was a lobbyist for Georgia. That and another ad that's more anti-war by showing Mac's "more wars" words. But he can't because he supports the same policy, more war, with regard to Georgia. That my friend is the problem with these candidates.

If you promise to vote for Obama in Florida, I will promise to get word to Obama not to go to war with the Russians.

Deal?

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Osama's in a cave. in Afghanistan?????

I dont know, Bush went from "We will get him dead or alive" to "I really dont care or follow him anymore."

My guess is Pakistan, you know what Bush called our allies.

You seem to have trouble differentiating Osama from Obama.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:31 PM
slide where???? hahahaha................

This will be the third time, McCain was against drilling before he was for it. Why would you make such an issue of Obama changing his position when McCain did the same thing.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I dont know, Bush went from "We will get him dead or alive" to "I really dont care or follow him anymore."

no im clear here its OSAMA

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:32 PM
This will be the third time, McCain was against drilling before he was for it. Why would you make such an issue of Obama changing his position when McCain did the same thing.

clue: Pelosi.

jettio
09-12-2008, 04:33 PM

I think B*sh is trying his damndest to deliver Bin Laden's corpse before the election.

If he fails and does not capture Bin Laden before November, when the records are declassified 50 years from now, you will see how much more money and men B*sh has sent there in the last three months.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:33 PM
no im clear here its OSAMA

Then why would you ask when Osama changed his position on drilling?

I think this ad, as well as most of this conversation has gone over your head.

Radar Chief
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Well, that was easy...

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/lobbyists-on-obamas-08-payroll-2007-12-20.html

Yea, I didnít really think Barry would want to go there but since he has expect to see this in Grampsí next ad.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I think B*sh is trying his damndest to deliver Bin Laden's corpse before the election.

If he fails and does not capture Bin Laden before November, when the records are declassified 50 years from now, you will see how much more money and men B*sh has sent there in the last three months.

I'm certain you are correct. However once he got approval to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 he took his eye off of Osama, huge mistake.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Then why would you ask when Osama changed his position on drilling?

I think this ad, as well as most of this conversation has gone over your head.

because the DNC said no drilling. have they all changed their mind or just Osama???? well ????

I think this conversation has gone over your head. or the bottom of the sea

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm certain you are correct. However once he got approval to invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 he took his eye off of Osama, huge mistake.

so now Osama's gonna get him right???? another war Henery????

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:41 PM
because the DNC said no drilling. have they all changed their mind or just Osama???? well ????

I think this conversation has gone over your head. or the bottom of the sea

Osama has nothing to do with the DNC.

We werent talking about the DNC, we were talking about Barack Obama. He has his own opinions and yes, he does disagree with the DNC on this issue. I guess you could call him a "Maverick."

penchief
09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I wonder if anyone on Barack Hussein's campaign is a lobbyist? That shouldn't be too hard to ascertain.

Not that it matters to you but why would a lobbyist working for Barack Hussein have any bearing on Barack Obama's ad?

kcvet
09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Osama has nothing to do with the DNC.

We werent talking about the DNC, we were talking about Barack Obama. He has his own opinions and yes, he does disagree with the DNC on this issue. I guess you could call him a "Maverick."

oh the dems ain't gonna like this. so would make Osama an 'independent" ????

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 04:45 PM

no it would make obama a democrat who doesn't always vote the party line

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 04:45 PM

No, it makes Obama a MAVERICK.

Donger
09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Not that it matters to you but why would a lobbyist working for Barack Hussein have any bearing on Barack Obama's ad?

If Barack Hussein has ever said that he would "take on" special interests, yet has lobbyists working on his campaign, surely you'd agree that this ad on McCain is hypocritical, no?

penchief
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
If Barack Hussein has ever said that he would "take on" special interests, yet has lobbyists working on his campaign, surely you'd agree that this ad on McCain is hypocritical, no?

If Barack Hussein were running for president and had an ad I'd have to check it out.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
"If" being the key word. Thus making your point irrelevant.

kcvet
No, it makes Obama a MAVERICK.

oops. there goes the election. he'll have to answer to Pelosi for this. she demands america pay higher gas prices.

chiefforlife

Maybe he is fighting fire with fire. The truth hasnt been an issue for McCain so far, false ads are working for him.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM

this ad doesn't deal at all with what obamas done this is looking at mccain and what he's got going on

nice try their chief

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 04:51 PM
oops. there goes the election. he'll have to answer to Pelosi for this. she demands america pay higher gas prices.

can I get a link to the article please

Donger
09-12-2008, 04:53 PM
this ad doesn't deal at all with what obamas done this is looking at mccain and what he's got going on

nice try their chief

And, it seems like Barack Hussein has done the exact same thing.

So, it's bad for McCain, but when Barack Hussein does it, it's okay?

jettio
09-12-2008, 04:53 PM

Did you not see the footage of McCain?

"It's over, It's over for the special interests."

Don't you believe him?

I don't know, the wingtards on chiefsplanet believe McCain, why can't you?

Just because they run McCain's puppet show on the campaign trail does not mean that they expect to make a ton of money running his puppet show in the White House.

It is not like Rick Davis, Charlie Black and Phil Gramm have any responsibility for McCain's campaign and policy statements, just because they have all of the power and the copyrights does not mean that they have any real say.

Donger
09-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Did you not see the footage of McCain?

"It's over, It's over for the special interests."

Don't you believe him?

I don't know, the wingtards on chiefsplanet believe McCain, why can't you?

Just because they run McCain's puppet show on the campaign trail does not mean that they expect to make a ton of money running his puppet show in the White House.

It is not like Rick Davis, Charlie Black and Phil Gramm have any responsibility for McCain's campaign and policy statements, just because they have all of the power and the copyrights does not mean that they have any real say.

ROFL

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 04:58 PM

Obama didn't take a DIME once he was running for POTUS-McCain took a shitload AND partenered up with the EXACT SAME PEOPLE he's calling out in that speech-hypocrite deluxe.

You can deflect all you want, it doesn't keep anybody from seeing through McCain's LIES.

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Obama didn't take a DIME once he was running for POTUS-McCain took a shitload AND partenered up with the EXACT SAME PEOPLE he's calling out in that speech-hypocrite deluxe.

You can deflect all you want, it doesn't keep anybody from seeing through McCain's LIES.

Huh? The ad claims that McCain's position on special interests is specious because members of his campaign are/have been lobbyists.

I assume that Barack Hussein is also against special interests. But, he also has people on his campaign who are/have been lobbyists.

penchief
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Huh? The ad claims that McCain's position on special interests is specious because members of his campaign are/have been lobbyists.

I assume that Barack Hussein is also against special interests. But, he also has people on his campaign who are/have been lobbyists.

Man, I wish I could understand why you care so much about this Barack Hussein character when the rest of us are trying to sort out this presidential campaign. You're not helping with your incessant desire to inject a third party into the race.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Did Obama take any special interest money once he ran for POTUS? Answer:NO. Did McCain take any special interest money to help with his campaign for POTUS? YES, MILLIONS and MILLIONS. Surely, even with your nature of spinning, you can still see the difference.

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Did Obama take any special interest money once he ran for POTUS? Answer:NO.

Really?

"Three of Obamaís top fundraisers, who each have raised more than $50,000 for his campaign since January, were registered as lobbyists last year, according to reports filed with the Senate Office of Public Records. In 2006, Alan Solomont of Solomont Bailis Ventures earned $90,000 in lobbying income; Tom Reed, of Kirkland & Ellis, lobbied for the Seismological Society of America, the Nanobusiness Alliance, and the Airport Minority Advisory Council; and Scott Harris, of Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis, represented Cisco Systems, Microsoft, Dell and Sprint-Nextel."

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Really?

"Three of Obamaís top fundraisers, who each have raised more than $50,000 for his campaign since January, were registered as lobbyists last year, according to reports filed with the Senate Office of Public Records. In 2006, Alan Solomont of Solomont Bailis Ventures earned $90,000 in lobbying income; Tom Reed, of Kirkland & Ellis, lobbied for the Seismological Society of America, the Nanobusiness Alliance, and the Airport Minority Advisory Council; and Scott Harris, of Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis, represented Cisco Systems, Microsoft, Dell and Sprint-Nextel."Obama didn't get the nomination LAST YEAR, nice try though.

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Obama didn't get the nomination LAST YEAR, nice try though.

Right. Seems like both McCain and Barack Hussein have similar rules when it comes to having lobbyists working for their campaigns:

"Under the McCain campaign's conflict-of-interest rules, announced in May, lobbyists who volunteer for the campaign must disclose their clients, agree not to lobby the campaign or McCain's Senate office and refrain from "involvement in any campaign policy-making on the subjects for which they are registered."

So, again, it's okay for Barack Hussein to have "former" lobbyists on his campiagn, but it's not okay for McCain to have "former" lobbyists in his?

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 05:38 PM

this isn't about obama this about mccain

you can keep posting the same reply and I will keep posting mine

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
this isn't about obama this about mccain

you can keep posting the same reply and I will keep posting mine

And it doesn't bother you that Barack Hussein is "guilty" of precisely the thing that he is criticizing McCain about?

wazu
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
This is the weakest Obama ad I've seen yet. Is the indictment supposed to be that McCain is good for business?

BigChiefFan
09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
That's funny, one took millions from special interest groups WHILE running for POTUS, his name is John McCain. Barrack Obama DIDN'T take any money while running for POTUS, yet you still can't see the difference. Why am I not surprised by that?

splatbass
09-12-2008, 05:55 PM

He misspoke. He was talking about primaries and caucuses, of which there are more than 50. Some states, like Texas, had both a caucus and a primary, plus there was Guam and Puerto Rico. You are being VERY disingenuous when you make that statement. You know it is wrong, you know what he meant, but you do it anyway because you have no honor or integrity.

redbrian
09-12-2008, 05:57 PM
no it would make obama a democrat who doesn't always vote the party line

only 96% of the time what a mavrick......

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
And it doesn't bother you that Barack Hussein is "guilty" of precisely the thing that he is criticizing McCain about?

no more than it bothers you when McCain does the same thing

kcvet
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
He misspoke. He was talking about primaries and caucuses, of which there are more than 50. Some states, like Texas, had both a caucus and a primary, plus there was Guam and Puerto Rico. You are being VERY disingenuous when you make that statement. You know it is wrong, you know what he meant, but you do it anyway because you have no honor or integrity.

[QUOTE][but you do it anyway because you have no honor or integrity./QUOTE]

you mean like the democraps

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 06:00 PM
only 96% of the time what a mavrick......

you obviously didn't read the entire dialogue or you wouldn't have posted this

basically he was saying that obama wasn't following the party line for voting the way he did said he should be called an independent

which is why I said he was a democrat who didn't vote the party line

your statement reinforced my claim and I appreciate you helping me

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 06:02 PM

I see you just joined up, are you an old poster under a new name? Cause you have some old material.

splatbass
09-12-2008, 06:04 PM

No, like the Republicans. McCain has run ads full of lies for days now, and you have been disingenuous about Obama, and you have the nerve to accuse Democrats of not having honor or integrity? That's rich.

Calcountry
09-12-2008, 06:05 PM

Obama campaign throws a solid punch with this ad, and McCain does not have an answer for it.Certainly it undercuts McCains attempt at mitigating BHO's "change" message, but, it is a defensive ad, or a counter attack at best, dont' you think?

The clock is ticking and you guys are about out of time outs, the debates, so defense will only get you so far.

Mecca
09-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Certainly it undercuts McCains attempt at mitigating BHO's "change" message, but, it is a defensive ad, or a counter attack at best, dont' you think?

The clock is ticking and you guys are about out of time outs, the debates, so defense will only get you so far.

Yea I'm sure everyone is worried about the debates, I mean I'm completely scared of a cantankerous old man who looks 100 and has a temper problem, and a woman to this point who is nothing more than a speech and can't even answer questions asked by Charlie ****in Gibson without sounding like a dunce.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
no more than it bothers you when McCain does the same thing

Well, when McCain airs an ad pointing out Barack Hussein's hypocrisy, I'll be sure to check in with you.

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Certainly it undercuts McCains attempt at mitigating BHO's "change" message, but, it is a defensive ad, or a counter attack at best, dont' you think?

What exactly is he defending again?

J Diddy
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Well, when McCain airs an ad pointing out Barack Hussein's hypocrisy, I'll be sure to check in with you.

You need to check in with me more often then, because every ad out of camp mccain is virtually that.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:16 PM
That's funny, one took millions from special interest groups WHILE running for POTUS, his name is John McCain. Barrack Obama DIDN'T take any money while running for POTUS, yet you still can't see the difference. Why am I not surprised by that?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-15-obama_n.htm

penchief
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM

This ad must worry you.

And why are you worried about how hypocritical some guy named Barack Hussein is?

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
This ad must worry you.

Nope. It would say the worry exists in only one camp at the moment.

penchief
09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Nope. It would say the worry exists in only one camp at the moment.

The Barack Hussein camp?

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said that while Obama's refusal to take money from lobbyists "isn't a perfect solution or symbol, it does reflect Obama's record of trying to change the way that Washington does business."

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said that while Obama's refusal to take money from lobbyists "isn't a perfect solution or symbol, it does reflect Obama's record of trying to change the way that Washington does business."

OBAMA FUNDRAISER NUMBERS

Members of law firms that lobby in Washington

Partners

Former federal lobbyists

Manage lobbyists

$3.5 million
Minimum the lawyers pledged to raise

$138 million
Lobbying fees earned last year by their firms or subsidiaries

Source: Obama for America, Senate Office of Public Records, Center for Responsive Politics, USA TODAY research

vailpass
09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Change and Unity, these are two things Obama is bringing to the people.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 06:31 PM
OBAMA FUNDRAISER NUMBERS

Members of law firms that lobby in Washington

Partners

Former federal lobbyists

Manage lobbyists

$3.5 million
Minimum the lawyers pledged to raise

$138 million
Lobbying fees earned last year by their firms or subsidiaries

Source: Obama for America, Senate Office of Public Records, Center for Responsive Politics, USA TODAY research

I imagine Obama will have to answer to this. I doubt he would run that ad without a defense in place.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I imagine Obama will have to answer to this. I doubt he would run that ad without a defense in place.

He already has:

"I'm asking you to BELIEVE."

"Change YOU can believe in."

kcvet
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=kcvet;5009672]

No, like the Republicans. McCain has run ads full of lies for days now, and you have been disingenuous about Obama, and you have the nerve to accuse Democrats of not having honor or integrity? That's rich.

no like the democraps. and Osama hasn't run any lies???? get a grip. if the dem have this so called "honor or integrity" why is their rating the lowest in American history???? you don't know anymore about honor or integrity than you do about fornicating.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
He already has:

"I'm asking you to BELIEVE."

"Change YOU can believe in."

No match for the Maverick of reform and the most knowledgeable energy expert in the U.S.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:40 PM
No match for the Maverick of reform and the most knowledgeable energy expert in the U.S.

I don't buy any of that. But, some people have fallen for Barack Hussein's lines with ignorant enthusiasm.

penchief
09-12-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't buy any of that. But, some people have fallen for Barack Hussein's lines with ignorant enthusiasm.

Good thing Barack Hussein isn't running for president. Now all we have to do is convince those people who are embracing John McCain's new-founded anti-establlishment message with ignorant enthusiasm that they are being duped, too.

chiefforlife
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM

We should finally be getting down to the real issues soon. Thats when we will see what both are made of, all slogans aside.

CNN has been running a show, I think its called, "keeping them honest" it has done a fair job of chasing this kind of thing down.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Good thing Barack Hussein isn't running for president. Now all we have to do is convince those people who are embracing John McCain's new-founded anti-establlishment message with ignorant enthusiasm that they are being duped, too.

Look! There's one now.

kcvet
09-12-2008, 06:49 PM
No match for the Maverick of reform and the most knowledgeable energy expert in the U.S. John McCain

thanks for clearing that up

VAChief
09-12-2008, 06:51 PM

If Bush were a democrat, the neo-cons running the republican party into the ground would be saying he is protecting Bin Laden because of their family ties before 9/11

kcvet
09-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't believe for a second that Osama's is "sliding" anywhere. He's talking. If oil prices come down that will be the end of drilling. If the Dems get the WH and control of congress that will be the end of drilling, because they will not have to do the will of the people. Anyone who thinks that Obama is changing is nuts. He will say anything he has to get elected, and I fail to see how people can listen to him keep changing his "message of hope" and figure out that he is a con man.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 07:46 PM
BACK UP IN YO ASS WITH THE RESURRECTION

kcvet
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7486/palincb8.jpg

you'll never see a god damned democrat do this

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Before I read all the responses that is a really good add.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:54 PM
It's decent to this swing voter. But ya' know what would make it a slam dunk for me, if he showed that his chief FP advisor was a lobbyist for Georgia. That and another ad that's more anti-war by showing Mac's "more wars" words. But he can't because he supports the same policy, more war, with regard to Georgia. That my friend is the problem with these candidates.Link for proof of the bolded statement please.

banyon
09-12-2008, 07:57 PM

pose for a photo op? Or cave in to a special interest?

Logical
09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
so now Osama's gonna get him right???? another war Henery????Are you an idiot, why is Osama going to kill himself?

Logical
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM

I would bet lots of Democrats in Alaska have posed with special interests related to the pipeline, by the pipeline.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 08:16 PM

you'll never see a god damned democrat do this<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBKTo5K14M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBKTo5K14M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

keg in kc
09-12-2008, 08:18 PM
pose for a photo op? Or cave in to a special interest?Wear that outfit, maybe?

jettio
09-12-2008, 10:46 PM

David Brooks, the conservative NY Tmes columnist, used a similar analogy tonight on PBS Newshour. He said McCain-Palin are like a football team with a weak offensive line. They have scored with a few razzle-dazzle plays, but he doubts they can win the game because of the overall fundamentals.

Messier
09-12-2008, 10:52 PM
RWers are soooooo stupid, and the scary thing is they think they are smart. I guess they could say the same thing about those on the left. Oh dear, sometimes I hate politics.

jettio
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Well, judging by my tv viewing today, the Obama campaign is definitely going with this ad more than the others that debuted on Friday.

I suppose the media jumps on the more provocative ads, i.e., McCain can't send an email because he had his arms amputated by Charlie, and broadcasts those for free on Friday.

The campaign puts their money on the better ads that get to the point.

The upshot on the McCain e-mail thing is that he does have e-mail and that he uses it to set up trysts with women that look like Cindy used to look when she was fresher.

kcvet
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I would bet lots of Democrats in Alaska have posed with special interests related to the pipeline, by the pipeline.

ok. lets see em. if you please

kcvet
09-14-2008, 07:38 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBKTo5K14M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RBKTo5K14M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

your not even in touch with reality cartoon man

kcvet
09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
pose for a photo op? Or cave in to a special interest?

show us a photo op like this with Osama in it. can't???? thought so

kcvet
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
BACK UP IN YO ASS WITH THE RESURRECTION

I don't believe for a second that Osama's is "sliding" anywhere. He's talking. If oil prices come down that will be the end of drilling. If the Dems get the WH and control of congress that will be the end of drilling, because they will not have to do the will of the people. Anyone who thinks that Obama is changing is nuts. He will say anything he has to get elected, and I fail to see how people can listen to him keep changing his "message of hope" and figure out that he is a con man.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM

I don't get to see any of the ads out here in California but I'd agree. It's a good ad that undercuts what McCain's message has morphed into. It's not exactly fair since Obama will be dealing with lobbyists if he's elected (no matter how much he says he won't) because that's how industry interacts with government and for the most part lobbyists aren't some evil cabal that they're usually made out to be (are companies that lobbying on behalf of green technologies and alternative energy solutions bad?) but it's a good ad. He should keep his focus on McCain.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 07:44 PM

He's doing what he has to do to win. McCain is doing the same. They're politicians, that's what they're supposed to do.

kcvet
09-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Are you an idiot, why is Osama going to kill himself?

use BOTH eyes. look again.

kcvet
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Well, judging by my tv viewing today, the Obama campaign is definitely going with this ad more than the others that debuted on Friday.

I suppose the media jumps on the more provocative ads, i.e., McCain can't send an email because he had his arms amputated by Charlie, and broadcasts those for free on Friday.

The campaign puts their money on the better ads that get to the point.

The upshot on the McCain e-mail thing is that he does have e-mail and that he uses it to set up trysts with women that look like Cindy used to look when she was fresher.

McCain can't send an email because he had his arms amputated by Charlie

you are ROFLROFLROFL

jettio
09-14-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't get to see any of the ads out here in California but I'd agree. It's a good ad that undercuts what McCain's message has morphed into. It's not exactly fair since Obama will be dealing with lobbyists if he's elected (no matter how much he says he won't) because that's how industry interacts with government and for the most part lobbyists aren't some evil cabal that they're usually made out to be (are companies that lobbying on behalf of green technologies and alternative energy solutions bad?) but it's a good ad. He should keep his focus on McCain.

Here in KC, I saw it today on the re-broadcasts of Meet the Press, Fox News Sunday, as well as the NFL games and the ABC broadcast of the Nascar race.

I think this ad will be one of the main ones in the swing states from now until November 4th.

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 07:50 PM

Ok pot.

kcvet
09-14-2008, 07:51 PM

ever hear of the term "counter punch" ?????

jettio
09-14-2008, 07:55 PM
ever hear of the term "counter punch" ?????

No, what does it mean?

Where there any examples of counter-punch in today's Chiefs game?

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 08:03 PM
What music are you into... 09-14-2008 11:26 AM kcvet just another cartoon buffoon

*****, you is dumb.

kcvet
09-14-2008, 08:11 PM
What music are you into... 09-14-2008 11:26 AM kcvet just another cartoon buffoon

*****, you is dumb.

you don't count

kcvet
09-14-2008, 08:13 PM
No, what does it mean?

Where there any examples of counter-punch in today's Chiefs game?

another FUBAR

kcvet
09-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok pot.

your standard FUBAR response

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 08:15 PM
you don't countSeriously, what the **** does this even mean?

Why are you so terrible? Is English even your tenth language?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2008, 03:43 AM
use BOTH eyes. look again.

Who is this dumbass?? No one is this stupid.

kcvet
09-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Who is this dumbass?? No one is this stupid.

another FUBAR asshat

BigMeatballDave
09-15-2008, 03:20 PM
RWers are soooooo stupid, and the scary thing is they think they are smart. I guess they could say the same thing about those on the left. Oh dear, sometimes I hate politics.Smarter than democrats. You couldn't muster up a candidate that could defeat Bush. Thats funny. And sad...

go bowe
09-15-2008, 08:35 PM
He misspoke. He was talking about primaries and caucuses, of which there are more than 50. Some states, like Texas, had both a caucus and a primary, plus there was Guam and Puerto Rico. You are being VERY disingenuous when you make that statement. You know it is wrong, you know what he meant, but you do it anyway because you have no honor or integrity.no honor or integrity?

are you new around here or something? :p :p :p

go bowe
09-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Man, I wish I could understand why you care so much about this Barack Hussein character when the rest of us are trying to sort out this presidential campaign. You're not helping with your incessant desire to inject a third party into the race.oh, c'mon...

i almost always refer to him as barack hussein or just hussein...

there's nothing wrong with his name, i rather like it...

but i know that come november i'll be referring to him as president-elect obama...

go bowe
09-15-2008, 08:51 PM

*****, you is dumb.cartoon buffoon?

i don't about the cartoon part, but you are definitely not a buffoon...

and anybody that says you are, is a poopy-head...

and a dumbbell too...

a double dumbbell...

and a peach pit...

go bowe
09-15-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't buy any of that. But, some people have fallen for Barack Hussein's lines with ignorant enthusiasm.ignorant enthusiasm?

now that's a happy turn of phrase...

now i know what my problem is, i'm not ignorant enough to be enthusiastic, but there's still time...