PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Obama mocks McCain over war injuries...

wazu
09-12-2008, 05:28 PM
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTliMTNiZjg5ZDEwZWNiZDYwZWFjN2JlNjNjNjkxZmM=

Wondering No More [Jonah Goldberg]

Yep. The day after 9/11, as part of its "get tough" makeover, the Obama campaign is mocking John McCain for not using a computer, without caring why he doesn't use a computer. From the AP story about the computer illiterate ad:

"Our economy wouldn't survive without the Internet, and cyber-security continues to represent one our most serious national security threats," [Obama spokesman Dan] Pfeiffer said. "It's extraordinary that someone who wants to be our president and our commander in chief doesn't know how to send an e-mail."

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by "extraordinary." The reason he doesn't send email is that he can't use a keyboard because of the relentless beatings he received from the Viet Cong in service to our country. From the Boston Globe (March 4, 2000):

"McCain gets emotional at the mention of military families needing food stamps or veterans lacking health care. The outrage comes from inside: McCain's severe war injuries prevent him from combing his hair, typing on a keyboard, or tying his shoes. Friends marvel at McCain's encyclopedic knowledge of sports. He's an avid fan - Ted Williams is his hero - but he can't raise his arm above his shoulder to throw a baseball."

In a similar vein I guess it's an outrage that the blind governor of New York David Patterson doesn't know how to drive a car. After all, transportation issues are pretty important. How dare he serve as governor while being ignorant of what it's like to navigate New York's highways.

Baby Lee
09-12-2008, 05:29 PM
$400 Loafers?!?! How ostentatious and LAZY!!

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Ick.

Mecca
09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I have no problem mocking anything about John McCain.

keg in kc
09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Today's word is "spin". Like when you divert focus from a lack of technical acumen by bringing up PoW status.

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:35 PM
If this is accurate, I'd say it's quite certain that the McCain camp will have a field day with it.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Woooooooooow.

McCain's time as a POW really is being used as an excuse for everything.

McCain's being mocked for being computer illiterate. It has nothing to do with being able to click a mouse(which I'm sure McCain is capable of doing).

alnorth
09-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Woooooooooow.

ROFL

If the man cant type, what is he supposed to do?

keg in kc
09-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Stephen Hawking can send an email, nearly completely paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair for years. If John McCain can't, it's either because he apparently never thought it was important enough to figure out a way to do it or he's intimidated by newfangled technology.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2008, 05:40 PM
The bigger question: Does McCain wear velcro shoes?

banyon
09-12-2008, 05:40 PM
McCain is still suffering so badly from that that he can't type? Along with his other health problems, this just underscores how important Palin's fitness to be President is.

Careful, this may be a bear trap Obama has set and McCain may be too tempted to spring.

penchief
09-12-2008, 05:41 PM
If this is accurate, I'd say it's quite certain that the McCain camp will have a field day with it.

I'm sure they will, too. They'll run kicking and screaming to the media about the mean ol' democrats. Considering that McCain and Palin have been the ones taking personal shots at the character of Obama, it's ironic that they are the ones looking to play the victim. They are acting like crybabies. They are starting to look like the whiniest whiners that ever whined.

Oooh, their picking on Sarah. Ooooo, now their picking on me....oooooh...Those mean old democrats want to make this campaign about issuuueees......oooh. Why can't they just believe our lies like the media does.....oooooh....waaaah.

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
McCain is still suffering so badly from that that he can't type? Along with his other health problems, this just underscores how important Palin's fitness to be President is.

Careful, this may be a bear trap Obama has set and McCain may be too tempted to spring.

The guy hiked something like 30 miles through the Grand Canyon recently. The fact that he can't raise his hands above his shoulder (or apparently can't type) because of his wounds and torture has nothing to do with his overall health.

Bill Parcells

Somebody should tie you up and lock your shoulders up and then beat the **** out of you for a couple of hours. you won't be mocking that much after you get the beating of a lifetime like he did.

jettio
ROFL

How do you know what he can or can't do.

There are people more handicapped than McCain is that use computers.

Instead of using Cindy's money to buy whiskey and whores he could afford a computer interface that does not require him to type.

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm sure they will, too. They'll run kicking and screaming to the media about the mean ol' democrats. Considering that McCain and Palin have been the ones taking personal shots at the character of Obama, it's ironic that they are the ones looking to play the victim. They are acting like crybabies. They are starting to look like the whiniest whiners that ever whined.

Oooh, their picking on Sarah. Ooooo, now their picking on me....oooooh...Those mean old democrats want to make this campaign about issuuueees......oooh. Why can't they just believe our lies like the media does.....oooooh....waaaah.

Yes, McCain is a crybaby. Who endured 5 and a half years of captivity and torture, voluntarily.

That sounds like a fantastic tactic.

wazu
09-12-2008, 05:45 PM

Please. Obama is attacking him on the basis that he doesn't use a computer. If McCain is able to comfortably use a computer, but chooses not too, Obama's attack isn't completely without merit. I would expect McCain to, at the very least, defend himself. Of course I know if this turns out to be the real deal he will do much more than that.

banyon
09-12-2008, 05:45 PM
The guy hiked something like 30 miles through the Grand Canyon recently. The fact that he can't raise his hands above his shoulder (or apparently can't type) because of his wounds and torture has nothing to do with his overall health.

How do you know that? Did I miss when McCain disclosed his medical records?

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Please. Obama is attacking him on the basis that he doesn't use a computer.

No, they're criticizing him for being computer illiterate, which are McCain's own words.

Donger
09-12-2008, 05:46 PM
How do you know that? Did I miss when McCain disclosed his medical records?

A 72 year old that can hike through the GC is what in your eyes? Feeble?

alnorth
09-12-2008, 05:47 PM

Lazy. He should have rappelled down one side and climbed the other.

RJ
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
I am trying to make the connection here. Which part was the part where Obama mocked McCain's war injuries?

penchief
09-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Yes, McCain is a crybaby. Who endured 5 and a half years of captivity and torture, voluntarily.

That sounds like a fantastic tactic.

He's been an absolute crybaby during the last couple weeks of this campaign. Are you so enamoured with John McCain that you can't see how much of a crybaby he's been of late? Not to mention how hypocritical his whining has been.

Oh, I forgot....that five years as a POW exempts him from being criticized for lousy behavior that occurs 35 years after his release. Are you really that unobjective?

ILChief
09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
I am trying to make the connection here. Which part was the part where Obama mocked McCain's war injuries?

Right after he called Sara Palin a pig while he was sitting during the pledge of allegiance and being sworn in on the Quran.

banyon
09-12-2008, 05:55 PM

No, you said you knew that the torture he suffered didn't have any other ill health effects besides the typing problem.

penchief
09-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Please. Obama is attacking him on the basis that he doesn't use a computer. If McCain is able to comfortably use a computer, but chooses not too, Obama's attack isn't completely without merit. I would expect McCain to, at the very least, defend himself. Of course I know if this turns out to be the real deal he will do much more than that.

Let's see how he goes about it. Let's see if he tries to present the criticism as something it's not. Let's see if he tries to pull the same victim routine that they tried with the "lipstick" charade. If they do, then it will be obvious that they are trying to sway voters by playing the victim instead of addressing the criticisms.

RJ
09-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Right after he called Sara Palin a pig while he was sitting during the pledge of allegiance and being sworn in on the Quran.

Damn, I gotta start paying closer attention to this stuff.

This has got to be the silliest election in US history. Blame it on the interwebs, I guess.

On the other hand, this forum has never been so entertaining.

So many non-stories, so little time.

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow, this is an OOOPs thread if there ever was one. :eek: :shake:

banyon
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM

Simple:

1) McCain states (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/2403704/John-McCain-technology-illiterate-doesnt-email-or-use-internet.html) " I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself." and " I don't e-mail, I've never felt the particular need to e-mail."

2) Obama repeats that statement in an ad.

3) Obama = the Devil.

Got it?

Mecca
09-12-2008, 06:01 PM
"You are computer illiterate"

"stop mocking my war injuries!"

Once again...POW POW POW

VAChief
09-12-2008, 06:12 PM

:shake:Lie, Lie, Slander.

McCain endured unbeliveable hardship, torture and abuse. I get that part. I just don't want it to be the excuse for his every failing. Yes, I would expect the leader of the free world to be a little more conversant on the technological advances beyond the CB radio and 8 track tape players.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
No, you said you knew that the torture he suffered didn't have any other ill health effects besides the typing problem.

No, I said this: "The fact that he can't raise his hands above his shoulder (or apparently can't type) because of his wounds and torture has nothing to do with his overall health."

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Adam makes shit up...

banyon
09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
No, I said this: "The fact that he can't raise his hands above his shoulder (or apparently can't type) because of his wounds and torture has nothing to do with his overall health."

So you're raising the fact that he's tortured as a problem, but onlyto respond to Obama's ad and people aren't allowed to make inferences about other potential health problems? Why not, exactly?

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:23 PM
So you're raising the fact that he's tortured as a problem, but onlyto respond to Obama's ad and people aren't allowed to make inferences about other potential health problems? Why not, exactly?

Other than his restricted movement, I'm not aware of any other overall health issue that is related to his imprisonment and torture.

banyon
09-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Other than his restricted movement, I'm not aware of any other overall health issue that is related to his imprisonment and torture.

Neither is anyone else. And as long as his medical records are a secret, it'll stay that way. Got it?

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Neither is anyone else. And as long as his medical records are a secret, it'll stay that way. Got it?

Has Barack Hussein released his medical records?

Direckshun
09-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Adam,

Your thread is retarded.

Your friend,

D

Direckshun
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Has Barack Hussein released his medical records?

Do you even read the news?

Silock
09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
It saddens me that liberals on the internet complain that conservatives don't care about people, yet find nothing wrong with mocking a man who endured torture in the service of his country.

I guess it's okay to make fun of that aspect of a person when you don't agree with them. Duly noted.

BTW, the title of this thread is misleading. Obama didn't say that. His spokesguy did, which is totally different.

EDIT: I'm not talking about the statement.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Do you even read the news?

Yes.

The overview was contained in a one-page letter with no supporting documentation. “With no surgery or hospital stays, this is a complete summary of his doctor visits and medical records for the past two decades,” said campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki.

The brief Obama letter contrasted with Arizona Sen. John McCain’s decision to let a selected group of reporters spend three hours with nearly 1,200 pages of health records last week.

banyon
09-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Yes.

The overview was contained in a one-page letter with no supporting documentation. “With no surgery or hospital stays, this is a complete summary of his doctor visits and medical records for the past two decades,” said campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki.

The brief Obama letter contrasted with Arizona Sen. John McCain’s decision to let a selected group of reporters spend three hours with nearly 1,200 pages of health records last week.

Heh here's the rest:

They were not permitted to remove the documents from the room or to copy them. The reporter pool did not include the New York Times which has the only medically trained reporter. Tight Control on Files and Shortened Question Period - NYTimes.com

This is similar to the procedure McCain imposed on reporters eight years ago when reporters reviewed his medical and psychological records.

Campaign officials said they imposed these restrictions to prevent the widespread dissemination of the medical records and to protect McCain’s privacy. One would expect this level of security for national security documents, but for personal medical records?

1,173 pages in three hours works out to less than 10 seconds per page. If a reporter actually took notes, that reporter obviously did not have time to review all of the pages. "And time! Pencils down everyone! Thanks for playing our game of hide the ball."

http://arizona.typepad.com/blog/2008/05/mccains-non-dis.html

Direckshun
09-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Yes.

Supporting documentation? You don't think...

Laboratory studies included triglycerides of 44(normal under 150), cholesterol 173 (normal under 200), HDL 68 (normal over 40), and LDL 96 (normal under 130). Chem 24, urinalysis and CBC were normal, PSA was 0.6, very good. An EKG was normal.

...is proper documentation? What, you want to see it on a more "official looking" piece of paper?

What are you C&Ping from?

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
The beatings McCain took wasn't nearly as bad as what the retired folks took when his buddy Keating made the Silverado S&L insolvent.

Ultra Peanut
It saddens me that liberals complain that conservatives don't care about people, yet find nothing wrong with mocking a man who endured torture in the service of his country.

I guess it's okay to make fun of that aspect of a person when you don't agree with them. Duly noted.

BTW, the title of this thread is misleading. Obama didn't say that. His spokesguy did, which is totally different.I'm sorry I'm not castigating Pfieffer because the National Review twisted the **** out of his statement.

McCain has called himself computer illiterate before. Was he mocking his PO DUB PO DUB PO DUB experience?

Donger
Heh here's the rest:

They were not permitted to remove the documents from the room or to copy them. The reporter pool did not include the New York Times which has the only medically trained reporter. Tight Control on Files and Shortened Question Period - NYTimes.com

This is similar to the procedure McCain imposed on reporters eight years ago when reporters reviewed his medical and psychological records.

Campaign officials said they imposed these restrictions to prevent the widespread dissemination of the medical records and to protect McCain’s privacy. One would expect this level of security for national security documents, but for personal medical records?

1,173 pages in three hours works out to less than 10 seconds per page. If a reporter actually took notes, that reporter obviously did not have time to review all of the pages. "And time! Pencils down everyone! Thanks for playing our game of hide the ball."

One letter versus 1,200 pages, and you are complaining?

DeezNutz
Our guy = always "defending himself."

Other guy = always making "personal attacks."

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Supporting documentation? You don't think...

...is proper documentation? What, you want to see it on a more "official looking" piece of paper?

What are you C&Ping from?

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/30/nation/na-obama30

Direckshun
It saddens me that liberals complain that conservatives don't care about people, yet find nothing wrong with mocking a man who endured torture in the service of his country.

Save your fake outrage -- you know exactly why Obama's ad mentioned email. McCain does NOT know really anything about the Internet. He's admitted as such.

And to distract you from absorbing that news, these phonies post shit that accuses the attacker of some incredibly loose distortion to redirect conversation.

John McCain.

Does not know.

How to use.

The shit we're communicating on.

That is all.

Silock
I'm sorry I'm not castigating Pfieffer because the National Review twisted the **** out of his statement.

McCain has called himself computer illiterate before. Was he mocking his PO DUB PO DUB PO DUB experience?

I'm not talking about the statement. I'm talking about the reactions of people on here.

I find nothing wrong with the original statement at all, and think it's stupid that the OP credited it to Obama in the title.

Direckshun
09-12-2008, 06:36 PM
One letter with all pertinent documentation that is available to anybody who wants to see it.

vs.

A bloated document on a 72-year-old man who's older than his father was when he died, that's over 1,000 pages and the press was only allowed 3 hours to scour it.

What was the last 1,200 novel you read in 3 hours?

Silock
09-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Save your fake outrage -- you know exactly why Obama's ad mentioned email. McCain does NOT know really anything about the Internet. He's admitted as such.

And to distract you from absorbing that news, these phonies post shit that accuses the attacker of some incredibly loose distortion to redirect conversation.

John McCain.

Does not know.

How to use.

The shit we're communicating on.

That is all.

I don't think.

It matters.

Whether or not.

He knows what Chiefsplanet is.

Seriously, though... read my above post. There's nothing wrong with the statement. I'm just a little taken aback by the reactions of some people on here.

Direckshun
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm not talking about the statement. I'm talking about the reactions of people on here.

I find nothing wrong with the original statement at all, and think it's stupid that the OP credited it to Obama in the title.

I believe I mistook you as well, then.

banyon

The fact that there are 1200 pages might give you pause.

Well, okay, not you. But regular people.

(BTW eccentricity is a compliment :D)

Programmer
Woooooooooow.

McCain's being mocked for being computer illiterate. It has nothing to do with being able to click a mouse(which I'm sure McCain is capable of doing).

How did you determine that Dr. Holmezz

It didn't say he was computer illiterate, it said he couldn't use a keyboard because of injuries.

Can you type and send an email with just a mouse? Must be a new mouse that has built in keys.

Direckshun
I don't think.

It matters.

Whether or not.

Seriously, though... read my above post. There's nothing wrong with the statement. I'm just a little taken aback by the reactions of some people on here.

Gotcha.

Silock
09-12-2008, 06:38 PM
I believe I mistook you as well, then.

Not your fault. I probably wasn't entirely clear. I should go edit that.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 06:39 PM

Every trap that Obama set he steps in himself. I'd say it's OK for Obama to keep it up. The more he does the more his numbers fall.

Maybe you'd volunteer to take the same type of beatings he did and get back to us if you can still use a keyboard.

VAChief
09-12-2008, 06:41 PM

It didn't say he was computer illiterate, it said he couldn't use a keyboard because of injuries.

Can you type and send an email with just a mouse? Must be a new mouse that has built in keys.

This is not a new development...McCain has pretty much said it himself...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/148980

Programmer
09-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Did I read the same post? HTF did you get what you said from what Donger said?

Captain Obvious
09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
"Hey look, it's a mole hill." "Let's try to make a mountain out of it." "Ok!!!!"

Programmer
09-12-2008, 06:44 PM

Banyon is just trying to keep spinning until you give up for the night and then he will claim victory. Banyon is a lost cause when it comes to reading and understanding what he read.

kstater
09-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Shouldn't having 1200+ pages of medical records be a cause of concern? Unless the doctor wrote really large script of course.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Shouldn't having 1200+ pages of medical records be a cause of concern? Unless the doctor wrote really large script of course.

How stupid do you really want us to think you are? Which part of 5 1/2 years of torture do you feel was not worthy of medical attention?

How many pages of medical records do you have?

I spent 28 years with Uncle Sam's canoe club and my medical record has nearly 100 pages. The worst thing in the record was a sprained ankle, the rest is standard annual checks and immunizations.

Some of the sailors I served with had records that had to be approaching 500 pages.

Wake up stater, it's a brave new world.

clemensol
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
What a load of crap. That is not mocking war injuries....

this is mocking war injuries:
http://www.bartcop.com/purple-heart-band-aid.jpg

banyon
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Did I read the same post? HTF did you get what you said from what Donger said?

I think if you guys are allowed to extrapolate from "computer illiterate" to "you're gay for being a POW and getting tortured", then I should probably be able to make the leap from "he suffered injuries so severe that he can't raise his arms above his head" to "he may have other health problems related to the torture".

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2008, 07:01 PM
How stupid do you really want us to think you are? Which part of 5 1/2 years of torture do you feel was not worthy of medical attention?

I spent 28 years with Uncle Sam's canoe club and my medical record has nearly 100 pages. The worst thing in the record was a sprained ankle, the rest is standard annual checks and immunizations.

Some of the sailors I served with had records that had to be approaching 500 pages.

You must have traumatized by all that mopping.

kstater
09-12-2008, 07:03 PM

So you're saying that 1100/1200 pages of his record deal with his POW experience? If so, then you have a valid point.

RJ
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't think.

It matters.

Whether or not.

I believe the reaction is to the topic itself, not to McCain.

keg in kc
09-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Cash probably had 84 pages worth of hemorrhoid cream prescriptions thanks to his rackmates keeping him warm at night.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:14 PM
I think if you guys are allowed to extrapolate from "computer illiterate" to "you're gay for being a POW and getting tortured", then I should probably be able to make the leap from "he suffered injuries so severe that he can't raise his arms above his head" to "he may have other health problems related to the torture".

You guys? You guys didn't write the post you responded to. How about trying to give a legitimate answer?

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:15 PM
You must have traumatized by all that mopping.

Idiots abound.

For the record, I never swabbed a deck in 28 1/2 years.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:18 PM
OMG get a life Adam tons of people with disabilities far greater than McCains use computers. This has got to be an all time high for bullshit spread to protect a candidate. Why not just yell

POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW

Ignore all McCains faults he is a gimp mentally and physically

POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW POW

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:19 PM
So you're saying that 1100/1200 pages of his record deal with his POW experience? If so, then you have a valid point.

I'm saying that with the injuries he suffered there are bound to be many pages of records written during his recovery. I don't actually have a count of how many pages were generated due to the injuries and procedures to correct what they could. It could be 800 pages. He was a pilot, they get routine flight physicals that are more in depth than any I got as a regular sailor. Sometimes you have to attempt to look into what kind of career they had before and after injury. Before - a pilot. After - a pilot again. I'm sure they weren't about to let him get into a multimillion dollar aircraft without being 100% sure he could do it.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:22 PM
OMG get a life Adam tons of people with disabilities far greater than McCains use computers. This has got to be an all time high for bullshit spread to protect a candidate. Why not just yell

Ignore all my faults I am a gimp mentally and physically

Get a life Jim. You don't know what limits he has from his injuries. McCain also said that he was computer illiterate (I was corrected on that one point earlier).

What does a man that has a staff to do his every bidding need to be computer literate?

As president he will have more of a staff than he does as a Senator, it's a moot point that the libs can't seem to grasp.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:22 PM
ROFL

If the man cant type, what is he supposed to do?Evidently McCain is not the only one lacking technical savy. Computers have voice recognition software available for those who cannot type. Lots of people at work have it and it works great.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Evidently McCain is not the only one lacking technical savy. Computers have voice recognition software available for those who cannot type. Lots of people at work have it and it works great.

Again, you miss the point. Why would he need it if he has a full administrative staff?

splatbass
09-12-2008, 07:23 PM
ROFL

He can hold a microphone, he can type. It only takes one finger on each hand, really one finger on one hand to type. I'm a two finger typist and I type very fast. This is a pathetic excuse, using his POW experience to get sympathy. He should be ashamed.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Get a life Jim. You don't know what limits he has from his injuries. McCain also said that he was computer illiterate (I was corrected on that one point earlier).

What does a man that has a staff to do his every bidding need to be computer literate?

As president he will have more of a staff than he does as a Senator, it's a moot point that the libs can't seem to grasp.I would like our President to be up to date technically. I think McCain is probably incapable of grasping modern technology unless it is a bomb, but it would be nice to be proven wrong.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
He can hold a microphone, he can type. It only takes one finger on each hand, really one finger on one hand to type. I'm a two finger typist and I type very fast. This is a pathetic excuse, using his POW experience to get sympathy. He should be ashamed.

McCain can type. He chooses not to get involved with computers. His range of motion is most likely limited. None of us know how limited he is due to the time in the POW camp, and none of us know how limited he is due to the rigors of being a fighter pilot. Have you ever been launched off an aircraft carrier? Have you ever made an arrested landing? Have you ever had to eject from a plane that was shot down? the ejection seat shots can compress your spine, of the few pilots I know personally one had to give up his wings due to ejections from aircraft. He became an LSO.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
A 72 year old that can hike through the GC is what in your eyes? Feeble?Fired up that time machine did he, did that hike next year.

ChiefaRoo
09-12-2008, 07:29 PM

We know. Get a haircut.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
McCain can type. He chooses not to get involved with computers. His range of motion is most likely limited. None of us know how limited he is due to the time in the POW camp, and none of us know how limited he is due to the rigors of being a fighter pilot. Have you ever been launched off an aircraft carrier? Have you ever made an arrested landing? Have you ever had to eject from a plane that was shot down? the ejection seat shots can compress your spine, of the few pilots I know personally one had to give up his wings due to ejections from aircraft. He became an LSO.Boy there is an endorsement, your next President might be mentally feeble because of his time in a POW camp. But vote for him anyway.

alnorth
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Lots of people at work have it and it works great.

I'm aware of voice recognition software. They SUCK. Good if you must use a computer and are blind or cant type I guess, but thats about it.

If using a computer is a huge uncomfortable burden and youve got plenty of people working for you, then why not save the time and worry about what you were elected to do?

Donger
09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
One letter with all pertinent documentation that is available to anybody who wants to see it.

vs.

A bloated document on a 72-year-old man who's older than his father was when he died, that's over 1,000 pages and the press was only allowed 3 hours to scour it.

What was the last 1,200 novel you read in 3 hours?

If you'll check again, the article says there was "no supporting documentation" about Barack Hussein's record.

Donger
09-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Fired up that time machine did he, did that hike next year.

Pardon?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/25/politics/main2397926.shtml

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I would like our President to be up to date technically. I think McCain is probably incapable of grasping modern technology unless it is a bomb, but it would be nice to be proven wrong.

I think you are off your rocker. What in the world does using a computer have to do with leading a nation? Just because you have to use one for your occupation does not mean that everyone should be a computer geek.

As president he will have all the technology available to him that he needs, he does not have to be proficient at operating any of it. Knowing that it is there and available is sufficient for almost everyone in the nation. How computer literate was Clinton? Bush I? Bush II? The answer is that it is not important, they aren't the equipment operators they are the President.

BTW, I'm sure that the equipment on a fighter jet was reasonably technical. As a pilot I'd guess that McCain is more technically adept than Obama.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:35 PM

Can you type and send an email with just a mouse? Must be a new mouse that has built in keys.Actually yes, can't you?

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Boy there is an endorsement, your next President might be mentally feeble because of his time in a POW camp. But vote for him anyway.

You might be a lesbian due to your time in California, but we should accept your story that you are not lesbian. Same argument.

Are you feeble due to your disease and the drugs you use to keep you going? Are you as fit as the normal person your age?

You are drawing at straws jim and not very effectively.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Actually yes, can't you?

I have the full use of my hands and use a keyboard. Call me old fashioned.

Mouse us all out a novel in the next 2 hours if you would. I'd like to see how you do it without the use of a keyboard. First you might want to get a witness to validate that you are not using a keyboard and that you actually did the writing. No voice activated translators are allowed. Only a mouse.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Pardon?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/25/politics/main2397926.shtml

No pardon me, unless he hiked the Grand Canyon in the last 14 days then he was 71 when he made that hike. He was Born August 29th 1936

http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=m000303

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:41 PM
I have the full use of my hands and use a keyboard. Call me old fashioned.

Mouse us all out a novel in the next 2 hours if you would. I'd like to see how you do it without the use of a keyboard. First you might want to get a witness to validate that you are not using a keyboard and that you actually did the writing. No voice activated translators are allowed. Only a mouse.I would run out to the nearest Office Max and install the Voice recognition software, see this is what I mean by tech stupid. I am afraid the McCain like you is tech stupid.

Donger
09-12-2008, 07:41 PM
No pardon me, unless he hiked the Grand Canyon in the last 14 days then he was 71 when he made that hike. He was Born August 29th 1936

Yes, he seems to be much more feeble now. I doubt that most here could handle the rigors of campaigning. McCain seems to be handling it fine.

ChiefaRoo
09-12-2008, 07:42 PM
It's my understanding that most pols don't use email. It's a generational thing as we all know but it's also a security issue. E-mail leaves tracks, can be forwarded, compromised and if put into the wrong hands could ruin a Presidents' legacy and open them up to potential domestic blackmail.

Anyone who becomes a Sr. Statesman is interested in his legacy. Why would President Clinton, W or McCain want to have their history written/tarnished, like it was for Nixon when the Watergate tapes came out?

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:42 PM

You are being picky over age when the guy hiked 30 miles?

Now that's chickenshit.

wazu
09-12-2008, 07:44 PM

Now that's chickenshit.

Hey, that 30 mile hike was last year. This year he probably couldn't make it more than 27 or 28. In four years he'll probably be down in the teens!

Iowanian
09-12-2008, 07:44 PM
More proof that Obama isn't presidential material. Everyone knows that the most powerful executives buzz the secretary to dictate their emails. Its how they know to use spellcheck.

Besides, as a seasoned multitasker, He's not a user of the PC...because he's got a Mac.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MX1sS6lsQrc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MX1sS6lsQrc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

splatbass
09-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I would run out to the nearest Office Max and install the Voice recognition software, see this is what I mean by tech stupid. I am afraid the McCain like you is tech stupid.

There are also utilities that put up a graphic representation of a keyboard so you can click on a letter with the mouse instead of using the keyboard.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:46 PM

Now that's chickenshit.Actually I was making fun of Donger something he delight in doing to one and all around here. I think when he checks back in he will understand.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:47 PM
There are also utilities that put up a graphic representation of a keyboard so you can click on a letter with the mouse instead of using the keyboard.But that does not work so well for Tom's exaggerated example of a novel (not that he could do it with a keyboard). But of course you are correct.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I would run out to the nearest Office Max and install the Voice recognition software, see this is what I mean by tech stupid. I am afraid the McCain like you is tech stupid.

You don't know if that wouldn't happen with McCain when he gets in office. I doubt that he would go out and get it, I'm sure it would be available if he wanted it. You assume things that you have no clue about.

You feel McCain is tech stupid, you assume that I have no technical ability. You are making a total ass out of your self. You do realize that I program industrial computers that operate refineries? I've programmed equipment that has assembled automobiles. I've programmed machinery that assembled munitions. I could go on, but it would be redundant.

I may not be the most technical person in the world but I am sure you are one of the most arrogant and stupid individuals I've ever seen on a computer.

Where is your book? I need to see you write something without the voice recognition software ( as I mentioned before you decided to call me tech stupid ) and without the keyboard.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:50 PM
But that does not work so well for Tom's exaggerated example of a novel (not that he could do it with a keyboard). But of course you are correct.

No, Jim. You said with only a mouse. Not with additional software that does not come with a computer.

You are still arrogant and stupid.

I don't write novels. I do write operations manuals for cracking towers and other ancillary equipment I program.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey, that 30 mile hike was last year. This year he probably couldn't make it more than 27 or 28. In four years he'll probably be down in the teens!

You might be right. I think I'd like to see Jim hike 20 miles through the Canyon.

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes, he seems to be much more feeble now. I doubt that most here could handle the rigors of campaigning. McCain seems to be handling it fine.You would look OK most likely if you had Sarah giving you daily ass lickings.:evil:

Iowanian
09-12-2008, 07:55 PM
...Then its good enough for McCain
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/esm/lowres/esmn82l.jpg

Logical
09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
No, Jim. You said with only a mouse. Not with additional software that does not come with a computer.

You are still arrogant and stupid.

I don't write novels. I do write operations manuals for cracking towers and other ancillary equipment I program.Hey everybody Tom Cash writes Technical Orders for the government.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey everybody - ahem, shut your mouth - writes Technical Orders for the government.

I didn't say that. I write operations manuals for the equipment I program.

Now you are just showing that you are retarded.

Logical
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
I didn't say that. I write operations manuals for the equipment I program.

Now you are just showing that you are retarded.So Mr. Tech Savy show off. What operating language do you program that equipment with. Warning this is sort of like the H-Back question.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
So Mr. Tech Savy show off. What operating language do you program that equipment with. Warning this is sort of like the H-Back question.

What programming language do you want?
Statement List
Ladder
Function Block
Sequential Function Chart
or
assembly?

Logical
09-12-2008, 08:41 PM
What programming language do you want?
Statement List
Ladder
Function Block
Sequential Function Chart
or
assembly?What kind of ancient ass crap are you using assembly language on? Oh by the way you pass.:evil:

Programmer
09-12-2008, 08:42 PM
What kind of ancient ass crap are you using assembly language on? Oh by the way you pass.:evil:

I don't use assembly, however there are some of the older refineries that have some out dated data collection systems that use old technology.

I do use the rest as well as a little ActiveX

beer bacon
09-13-2008, 12:46 AM
When is the POW defense not applicable? Somebody needs to setup some ground rules. If John McCain gets elected, I wonder if he will use the POW defense if he blunders into a war with Russia or something, "Well, for five and 1/2 years John McCain didn't have access to a shiny red button. Cut the poor guy some slack!"

beer bacon
09-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Also, this thread is stupid and anyone who seriously believes that McCain is computer illiterate because of his war injuries is stupid.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Also, this thread is stupid and anyone who seriously believes that McCain is computer illiterate because of his war injuries is stupid.

Considering he said that he is "computer illiterate and can't even send an email" your point has little foundation.

What I find stupid it that virtually all of the liberals here are sold on the concept that if you can't send email you are technology challenged. What you all seem to have missed is the small fact that McCain flew fighters. There is a small amount of technology in aviation.

HonestChieffan
09-13-2008, 06:16 AM

FDR was in a wheelchair. I guess in your world, people with handicaps should have jobs that are more fitting with their disability? Amazing how un liberal liberals have become...first its Palin should be home and not working, now its McCain cause he can't lift his arms?

KCJohnny
09-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Also, this thread is stupid and anyone who seriously doubts that McCain is computer illiterate because of his war injuries is stupid.

FYP

:)

memyselfI
09-13-2008, 06:42 AM

And anyone who dismisses it's impact outright is equally stupid. His injury is likely a FACTOR, even a CRUTCH, to why he has not learned to use a computer.

It's really ageist for those of us under 60 to be dissing on older folks who are not computer literate for ANY reason. We might understand the ease and practicality of it but many of the older generations don't.

I would guess for his age group John McCain is probably not that unusual in his lack of knowledge or interest in the computer. I have a part time job where I work closely with seniors many of them in his age group are not computer literate. Many of them are not even cell phone literate. And I work in one of the wealthiest counties in the country and one of the wealthiest cities in Kansas.

Baby Lee
09-13-2008, 08:05 AM
In this day and age, you'd think we could get a president proficient in parallel parking, or at the very least, decent at Wii Mario Kart!!!

Oh, and which candidate is more fluent in LOLSpeek???

VAChief
09-13-2008, 09:20 AM
FDR was in a wheelchair. I guess in your world, people with handicaps should have jobs that are more fitting with their disability? Amazing how un liberal liberals have become...first its Palin should be home and not working, now its McCain cause he can't lift his arms?

I really don't care if he can send an email or can use a computer physically. My concern is that he is out of touch with what they are used for in our daily lives. How technology is changing as we speak and big picture of how that affects the markets we hope to be out in front of in the future. He doesn't seem conversant in this area and has pretty much said so himself.

VAChief
09-13-2008, 09:23 AM
And anyone who dismisses it's impact outright is equally stupid. His injury is likely a FACTOR, even a CRUTCH, to why he has not learned to use a computer.

It's really ageist for those of us under 60 to be dissing on older folks who are not computer literate for ANY reason. We might understand the ease and practicality of it but many of the older generations don't.

I would guess for his age group John McCain is probably not that unusual in his lack of knowledge or interest in the computer. I have a part time job where I work closely with seniors many of them in his age group are not computer literate. Many of them are not even cell phone literate. And I work in one of the wealthiest counties in the country and one of the wealthiest cities in Kansas.

POTUS requires a little different bar setting for knowledge in most areas. At least I would hope so, but then again look at what we have gotten with the last 8 years electing a guy at that setting.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I really don't care if he can send an email or can use a computer physically. My concern is that he is out of touch with what they are used for in our daily lives. How technology is changing as we speak and big picture of how that affects the markets we hope to be out in front of in the future. He doesn't seem conversant in this area and has pretty much said so himself.

You are beyond belief. Because McCain says he can't use a computer (computer illterate) you think hat he is out of touch with what they provide for people and a nation in the way of a tool?

You have stepped off the edge of reality there VA. Can you fly a jet fighter? NO? then you must be out of touch with what the aircraft industry does for the country and how it impacts our lives.

You don't realize that people of his generation were able to function fully without them before and are still self sufficient. Just because your generation has an Ipod, Blackberry and a Cell Phone with them 24/7 you think that everyone should have them and as fluent in their use as you are. Well sonny, the world does not revolve around your expectation of what they should be. It's also a fact that what you read on the internet is not necessarily factual.

I'm amazed at the credibilty you all put in some of the websites that have been found to be anything but accurate. Wiki seems to be the most referenced website for information and it is not as accurate as you might think it is. Anyone can join the website and edit or add to information on any topic. There are people that attempt to keep the BS out of it, but it's there and if it's there you believe it without question.

You can read a post on this very site and you will believe it without question if it comes from a person you "think is credible".

Facts have a way of coming out, but your technology is suspect at best.

I would like to see what you all would do if you did not have access to any of your microchip driven devices for a year. Some of you might not make it.

Iowanian
09-13-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm voting for Obama because he'll be better for national defense because when I played him online, he was really, really good at Halo. He plays 6hrs per day...he's uber awesome.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm voting for Obama because he'll be better for national defense because when I played him online, he was really, really good at Halo. He plays 6hrs per day...he's uber awesome.He plays Company of Heroes, idiot.

And you do realize there is a teeny tiny difference between being a guy in an airplane and being someone who oversees the entirety of a nation's international relations, right? Of course you don't.

Iowanian
09-13-2008, 09:51 AM
You understand what its like to go to work 5-6 days per week and put in your time...and the late nights trying to make a small business succeed, don't you.

You're right though...I'm sure Obama's ability to send an email will solve world crisis.

"
Hugo,
Vry sry we psd u off. OMG, if I knew you cared that much about having the same tie at the spring formal, I would have chosen another. 4giv us. pls snd oil now.

BFF
b.o.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:52 AM
The fact that there are 1200 pages might give you pause.

Well, okay, not you. But regular people.

(BTW eccentricity is a compliment :D)

Have you ever seen a typical Naval Aviator's medical record? Have you ever seen the medical record of anyone that has had severe trauma as McCain has?

Of course you are aware that aviators have rigorous physical testing once a year, right? You area also aware that McCain requaified to be an aviator after he returned from the POW status, right?

I counted the pages in my medical record from my years in the Navy. One sprained ankle and a few sinus infections over the years and my record has 133 pages in it.

You have heard the aviator information before but feel it isn't worth considering. I will ask BP, an EA-6B pilot what his medical record looked like. He was never a POW. I'll get back to you with that information.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 10:03 AM
You understand what its like to go to work 5-6 days per week and put in your time...and the late nights trying to make a small business succeed, don't you.Small business? Bitch, please.

Iowanian
09-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes, you may take my order now. I do not wish to supersize it.

You've got to set realistic career goals.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes, you may take my order now. I do not wish to supersize it.

You've got to set realistic career goals.Yes, because I'm obviously so dumb that I'll have to resort to a job in fast food. Because I'm dumb. A dumb dumb dummy.

You're branching out into surrealism. That's cute.

MarcBulger
09-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Whats computers got to do with killing the bad guys. Dennis Miller said it best Obama has a few good ideas but he would rather read illiterate jihadist their rights instead of killing them...That cannot be ..oh forget it.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Whats computers got to do with killing the bad guys. Dennis Miller said it best Obama has a few good ideas but he would rather read illiterate jihadist their rights instead of killing them...That cannot be ..oh forget it.http://i33.tinypic.com/2powlcg.gif

Programmer
09-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Yes, because I'm obviously so dumb that I'll have to resort to a job in fast food. Because I'm dumb. A dumb dumb dummy.

You're branching out into surrealism. That's cute.

You don't take orders at McDonalds? I'm shocked.

Maybe it could be Burger King?

If you are so proud, what do you do? Sweep the parking lot at Pizza Hut?

Reaper16
09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Whats computers got to do with killing the bad guys. Dennis Miller said it best Obama has a few good ideas but he would rather read illiterate jihadist their rights instead of killing them...That cannot be ..oh forget it.
:spock:

ChiefaRoo
09-13-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm voting for Obama because he'll be better for national defense because when I played him online, he was really, really good at Halo. He plays 6hrs per day...he's uber awesome.

LMAO.

I'm voting for a twelve year old named Billy who lives in Phoenix. He can get through HALO at expert level in 3 hours. Further, he can use email like so good.

RINGLEADER
09-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm sure McCain had this all planned -- that he'd be the nominee in 2008 and his opponent would run an advertisement about this very subject -- when the article was written in March of 2000.

That said, even if he could send an e-mail it's still a terrible ad for the new "hard-hitting" Obama campaign. People are voting for a commander-in-chief, not a tech-support guy.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm sure McCain had this all planned -- that he'd be the nominee in 2008 and his opponent would run an advertisement about this very subject -- when the article was written in March of 2000.

That said, even if he could send an e-mail it's still a terrible ad for the new "hard-hitting" Obama campaign. People are voting for a commander-in-chief, not a tech-support guy.

It's a generational thing. Cell phones, Ipods, Blackberrys, etc. Most of the younger people here can't conceive of being self sufficent even with the advent of technology.

I wonder how Abe Lincoln was able to exist without computers and email.

banyon
09-13-2008, 11:08 AM

A MarcBulger sighting! ROFL

banyon
09-13-2008, 11:11 AM

Yeah who needs medical records, we got a hike!

penchief
09-13-2008, 04:02 PM
McCain states (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/2403704/John-McCain-technology-illiterate-doesnt-email-or-use-internet.html) " I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself." and " I don't e-mail, I've never felt the particular need to e-mail."

If it is true that McCain said this himself, I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

If he's trying to learn, give him credit. Most people his age don't even try.

However, if he has admitted that he's learning how to do this himself he must be doing just fine even with those war injuries. So, those who are saying that he hasn't learned because of his war injuries are trying blow this out of proportion and use his POW status to political advantage, AGAIN.

Logical
09-13-2008, 04:54 PM
If we are nice to you will go back to wherever you have been?

Programmer
09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
If we are nice to you will go back to wherever you have been?

Sounds like you are one of those that carries a grudge. [big surprise!]

BucEyedPea
09-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Adam pluhease! The NeoCon Review and Jonah Goldberg?
What has happened to you man?

Logical
09-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Sounds like you are one of those that carries a grudge. [big surprise!]You probably want him to stay because he is one of the few poster disliked even more than you because he is lame in a way that not even you can match though it might make a great face-off.

ChiTown
09-13-2008, 07:59 PM
In this day and age, you'd think we could get a president proficient in parallel parking, or at the very least, decent at Wii Mario Kart!!!

Oh, and which candidate is more fluent in LOLSpeek???

ROFL

Game over.

beer bacon
09-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Another update: This thread is still full of stupid people.

Howlin Wolf
09-14-2008, 12:14 AM
i typed this with my ears.

Logical
09-14-2008, 12:18 AM
i typed this with my ears.
+1

patteeu
09-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Heh here's the rest:

:spock: I'd expect a whole lot more than this for national security documents.

patteeu
09-14-2008, 07:14 AM
The beatings McCain took wasn't nearly as bad as what the retired folks took when his buddy Keating made the Silverado S&L insolvent.

If we're playing Jeopardy, here's my question: What is the dumbest thing someone could say that gets McCain, Keating, McCain's POW experience and Keating's S&L all in the same sentence?

Dick Bull
09-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Another update: This thread is still full of stupid people.

I just spotted one, myself.

Dick Bull
09-14-2008, 07:17 AM
If we're playing Jeopardy, here's my question: What is the dumbest thing someone could say that gets McCain, Keating, McCain's POW experience and Keating's S&L all in the same sentence?

What is the dumbest thing someone could say that gets McCain, Keating, McCain's POW experience and Keating's S&L all in the same sentence?

patteeu
09-14-2008, 07:17 AM
What a load of crap. That is not mocking war injuries....

this is mocking war injuries:
http://www.bartcop.com/purple-heart-band-aid.jpg

No, that's mocking war booboos.

Programmer
09-14-2008, 07:20 AM
You probably want him to stay because he is one of the few poster disliked even more than you because he is lame in a way that not even you can match though it might make a great face-off.

Acutally Jim, I've seen his name before but don't remember anything notable about him whatsoever.

Other than a very few I tend to dismiss past activity. I think that if you had any brains you'd do the same.

You and your 11 other friends carry a grudge, to me that is counterproductive in moste every aspect.

You all live and die by your "credibility" on a bulletin board. Man, you have got to differentiate bewteen
life and the internet.

patteeu
09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
What is the dumbest thing someone could say that gets McCain, Keating, McCain's POW experience and Keating's S&L all in the same sentence?

That's mine.

Programmer
09-14-2008, 07:37 AM

I'd be very interested to have you link to the comparison you claim people have made. I do not remember reading any such comparison outside of your obvious rants.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DEFD7133EF935A35751C1A96F958260

In releasing 1,500 pages of medical and psychiatric records, Senator John McCain of Arizona has provided an unusually large amount of such material for a candidate for high office, including the broadest look ever given the public at the psychological profile of a presidential candidate.
(another page or two more at the link)

Your insistance that the 1500 pages of his medical records that have been released indicate he is unfit for president it totally insane.

banyon
09-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I'd be very interested to have you link to the comparison you claim people have made. I do not remember reading any such comparison outside of your obvious rants.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DEFD7133EF935A35751C1A96F958260

In releasing 1,500 pages of medical and psychiatric records, Senator John McCain of Arizona has provided an unusually large amount of such material for a candidate for high office, including the broadest look ever given the public at the psychological profile of a presidential candidate.
(another page or two more at the link)

Your insistance that the 1500 pages of his medical records that have been released indicate he is unfit for president it totally insane.

From the top of the link:

Release of McCain's Medical Records Provides Unusually Broad Psychological

By LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN
Published: December 6, 1999

This makes it even more unsettling to me. Why be so generous in releasing records 9 years ago, and now restrict them? What complications or problems have developed in the meantime?

Dick Bull
09-14-2008, 10:51 AM
That's mine.

That's my answer.

Programmer
09-14-2008, 12:32 PM
From the top of the link:

Release of McCain's Medical Records Provides Unusually Broad Psychological

By LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN
Published: December 6, 1999

This makes it even more unsettling to me. Why be so generous in releasing records 9 years ago, and now restrict them? What complications or problems have developed in the meantime?

If they were released 9 years ago why is it that the media has no record of it? You complained that they only had three hours to digest your 1200 pages. It looks to me as if they've had 9 years to digest those records.

banyon
09-14-2008, 12:34 PM
If they were released 9 years ago why is it that the media has no record of it? You complained that they only had three hours to digest your 1200 pages. It looks to me as if they've had 9 years to digest those records.

Unsurprisingly, this doesn't address the point I made at all. Potentially, it sounds like you may want to re-read my post.

Programmer
09-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Unsurprisingly, this doesn't address the point I made at all. Potentially, it sounds like you may want to re-read my post.

Were his medical records released 9 years ago? You said they were. If so why are you harping on the current release? Nothing is new in those records if they are his military records. He retired well before the 9 year mark you speak of.

Reading your posts are usually nausiating, why would I want to return to one? Besides your point is as useless now as it was then, you have a hard on about something that is not significant.

Ari Chi3fs
09-14-2008, 02:40 PM
**** Herm. **** Carl. **** Bush. **** McCain.

banyon
09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Were his medical records released 9 years ago? You said they were. If so why are you harping on the current release? Nothing is new in those records if they are his military records. He retired well before the 9 year mark you speak of.

Reading your posts are usually nausiating, why would I want to return to one? Besides your point is as useless now as it was then, you have a hard on about something that is not significant.

Yeah, what could possibly come up in a 72 year old man that wasn't disclosed on medical records from ten years ago?

What could I possibly be thinking?

It's so hard to understand!

Programmer
09-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, what could possibly come up in a 72 year old man that wasn't disclosed on medical records from ten years ago?

What could I possibly be thinking?

It's so hard to understand!

You weren't thinking, that's the basic issue here. All you do is react to the name on the post.

banyon
09-14-2008, 04:39 PM
You weren't thinking, that's the basic issue here. All you do is react to the name on the post.

No, I just react to the void inside of the post.