PDA

View Full Version : Elections Let the race card excuses begin. NObama losing because of whites

memyselfI
09-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Anyone want to take a guess before we start hearing the race excuses as to why NObama can't or won't win?

Whites lift McCain to slim lead over Obama in poll
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_ap_poll

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
As if white people didn't always vote heavily Republican.

kill yourself.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 06:04 PM
This is a brilliant thread.

Who would've guessed it'd be white people that would be responsible for a potential McCain victory? I don't think anybody could have. It's just so out there, man.

Dick Bull
09-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm white, I'm voting for Obama

:shrug:

Wasn't me, but I'll ask around.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 06:06 PM
You know who also lost because of whites? Every losing Presidential nominee there's ever been.

mikey23545
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I wonder what percentage of blacks are voting for Osama?

That wouldn't be an example of racism, of course....

kstater
09-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I wonder what percentage of blacks are voting for Osama?

That wouldn't be an example of racism, of course....

I'm going to guess 0%. You'd have to be pretty far out there to write in Bin Laden's name on the ballot.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:17 PM
As if white people didn't always vote heavily Republican.

kill yourself.

Isn't it true that blacks are voting something like 80% for Barack Hussein, and whites are approximately 50/50?

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 06:17 PM
that is retarded

you are retarded

Isn't it true that blacks are voting something like 80% for Barack Hussein, and whites are approximately 50/50?Isn't it true that blacks are voting something like 80% for Democrats?

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:21 PM
that is retarded

you are retarded

Isn't it true that blacks are voting something like 80% for Democrats?

What's retarded about it? Why is it acceptable that the vast majority of blacks support the DNC ticket, while virtually the same percentage of whites support both tickets?

banyon
09-12-2008, 06:24 PM
What's retarded about it? Why is it acceptable that the vast majority of blacks support the DNC ticket, while virtually the same percentage of whites support both tickets?

Forced racial electoral proportionality. Awesome.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Forced racial electoral proportionality. Awesome.

Forced?

Silock
09-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Isn't it true that blacks are voting something like 80% for Democrats?

I think it's much higher than that, actually.

The concern for the Republicans this time around isn't so much about the percentages, as those will likely remain the same. It's about the total numbers.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Isn't it true that blacks are voting something like 80% for Barack Hussein, and whites are approximately 50/50?

It's not racial as much as it is just our society. Urban areas are generally Democratic and rural areas generally are Republican. Most of the black population in this country lives in urban areas. Whites, on the other hand, are the majority and make up a significant portion in both.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I think it's much higher than that, actuallyWell, yeah. It's more like 90%, I think.

So yeah, blacks voting for a black Democrat in roughly the same proportion as they've voted for white Democrats... identity politics yo.

Donger
09-12-2008, 06:31 PM
It's not racial as much as it is socioeconomic. Urban areas are generally Democratic and rural areas generally are Republican. Most of the black population in this country lives in urban areas. White, on the other hand, are the majority and make up a significant portion of both.

So, the numbers I mentioned are correct, yes?

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
So, the numbers I mentioned are correct, yes?

No, I would say it's close to 90% of blacks supporting Obama. I haven't followed the overall polling of white people in this election, but I'd guess white men are probably polling close to 60% for McCain.

banyon
09-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Forced?

You're the one that said it was unacceptable.

Oh, did you mean that your party was going to offer them some reason to vote for you? ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Two words: Bradley Effect

If it's still real, Obama will lose...underperforming polls by 3-6%, on average.

If we've, as a nation, "grown-up" and gotten past that silly shit....he'll win in November, IMHO.

Watch these states in the "early" returns: NH, VA, WV, FL, OH, and MI

Whoever wins 4 of the 6, is on his way to the Whitehouse; if it's 3 to 3 in those 6.....we have a potential 2000 election repeat.

tiptap
09-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Who was the last Democratic Elected President to receive a majority of the White Vote.

Lyndon Baines Johnson. The Republican Party is the party of white America. It is no surprise that the South votes that way. It was the Nixon strategy.

Messier
09-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Anyone want to take a guess before we start hearing the race excuses as to why NObama can't or won't win?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_ap_poll

Because you don't support him? Way to lead the charge!

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Who was the last Democratic Elected President to receive a majority of the White Vote.

Lyndon Baines Johnson. The Republican Party is the party of white America. It is no surprise that the South votes that way. It was the Nixon strategy.

True enough. Obama isn't likely to win much, if any of the South....if McCain takes the southern bell-weathers of VA and FL, but Obama is unable to win NH, WV, OH, and MI....he is unlikely to win the election. Period.

OTOH, if McCain loses either VA or FL, or is swept in NH, WV, OH, and MI....he's unlikely to win.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2008, 01:03 AM
True enough. Obama isn't likely to win much, if any of the South....if McCain takes the southern bell-weathers of VA and FL, but Obama is unable to win NH, WV, OH, and MI....he is unlikely to win the election. Period.

OTOH, if McCain loses either VA or FL, or is swept in NH, WV, OH, and MI....he's unlikely to win.

If McCain loses NH, WV, OH, and MI Obama is going to get 300 electoral votes.

Silock
09-13-2008, 05:34 AM
Two words: Bradley Effect

If it's still real, Obama will lose...underperforming polls by 3-6%, on average.

If we've, as a nation, "grown-up" and gotten past that silly shit....he'll win in November, IMHO.

Watch these states in the "early" returns: NH, VA, WV, FL, OH, and MI

Whoever wins 4 of the 6, is on his way to the Whitehouse; if it's 3 to 3 in those 6.....we have a potential 2000 election repeat.

I disagree. The polls are a statistical dead heat, taking into account the MoE.

It doesn't have to be the Bradley effect. Only 2 democrats have been able to carry southern states since the 60s. Kerry couldn't take those states. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that just because Obama doesn't take them, that it's a race issue.

Thing is, you'll never really know because you can't get into people's heads. I'm not voting for Obama (or McCain for that matter), but that doesn't make it a race thing. It's an ideological thing. You can't just say that a person who doesn't vote for someone other than a white guy is necessarily being racially biased.

***SPRAYER
09-13-2008, 06:08 AM
Urban areas are generally Democratic and rural areas generally are Republican.

Perhaps that explains why urban areas are going bankrupt.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2008, 08:07 AM
I disagree. The polls are a statistical dead heat, taking into account the MoE.

It doesn't have to be the Bradley effect. Only 2 democrats have been able to carry southern states since the 60s. Kerry couldn't take those states. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that just because Obama doesn't take them, that it's a race issue.

Thing is, you'll never really know because you can't get into people's heads. I'm not voting for Obama (or McCain for that matter), but that doesn't make it a race thing. It's an ideological thing. You can't just say that a person who doesn't vote for someone other than a white guy is necessarily being racially biased.

In THIS election, amidst THIS circumstance....in the wake of the last 8 years, given the polling, Obama should win this going away. The only Southern states "in-play" so-far-as I can tell are VA/WV and possibly FL and/or NC (which are doubtful,) so I'm not disagreeing about the South.

However, if Obama takes OH, CO, NM, and NH, in addition to keeping PA, MI, WI, MN, and IA (usually/generally Dem states)....then he'll get to 270 electoral votes. In this election, that should be a cakewalk.

You can't get into people's heads that's true; but if Obama fails to win, given the circumstances leading into this election....(economy, Iraq, highly unpopular Republican party, polling margins in "generic" polling for Dems over Reps, etc) anyone with a modicum of political savvy will see what is patently clear to anyone with eyes: Obama lost because he's a black man. That's the Bradley Effect. We can try to blame it on something else, but a pig with lipstick is still a pig.

:shrug:

If McCain loses NH, WV, OH, and MI Obama is going to get 300 electoral votes.

He'd have a good shot; if not at 300, then at "winning" nonetheless. OTOH, losing any of those states....though not fatal by themselves assuming he can pick up FL or VA, would not be a good sign. At the very least, it would likely be the signs of a very close election.

Silock
09-13-2008, 09:33 AM
You can't get into people's heads that's true; but if Obama fails to win, given the circumstances leading into this election....(economy, Iraq, highly unpopular Republican party, polling margins in "generic" polling for Dems over Reps, etc) anyone with a modicum of political savvy will see what is patently clear to anyone with eyes: Obama lost because he's a black man. That's the Bradley Effect. We can try to blame it on something else, but a pig with lipstick is still a pig.

I don't think so at all. There was no democrat that polled well in the south. People thought that Kerry would walk away with the 2004 election, but that didn't happen, either.

***SPRAYER
09-13-2008, 10:12 AM
If race was going to have any impact on this election, it would have already happened in the democrat primary---

It didn't.

jjchieffan
09-13-2008, 10:23 AM
I have wondered for a while now just how much an issue race will actually play in this election. One thing I know is that people lie. How many people out there say that they are not racist, but when it comes down to it, and it is just them in the voting booth, where nobody knows, will actually cast their ballot for a black man for president. It is a non issue for me because I am republican. I won't vote for him because of his liberal views.

PunkinDrublic
09-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Obama is almost always winning amongst educated whites.

***SPRAYER
09-13-2008, 10:29 AM
One thing I know is that people lie. How many people out there say that they are not racist, but when it comes down to it, and it is just them in the voting booth, where nobody knows, will actually cast their ballot for a black man for president. .

I don't know anybody like that. If Obama had the same physical features, but was as conservative as Fred Thompson, and people that I know would not vote for him---

Then yeah, it would be the only reason and it would be a stupid reason.

I don't like B.O. because he's an ivory tower academic and Marxist ideologue. If he was white, I'd dislike him just the same.

Calcountry
09-13-2008, 11:05 AM
This is a brilliant thread.

Who would've guessed it'd be white people that would be responsible for a potential McCain victory? I don't think anybody could have. It's just so out there, man.
Obama wouldn't even be close if it weren't for white people.

So, if I vote for Obama, does that make me NOT a racist?

***SPRAYER
09-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Obama wouldn't even be close if it weren't for white people.

So, if I vote for Obama, does that make me NOT a racist?

I can't get no satisfaction.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Obama is almost always winning amongst educated whites.

Being smart is dumb in 'Mer-ka.

Pitt Gorilla
09-13-2008, 12:07 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_ap_pollYou just made the excuse. What kind of stupid are you?

ChiefaRoo
09-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I hate big whitey.

Howlin Wolf
09-14-2008, 12:08 AM
If 90% of black folks are voting for The Obamessiah because he's black, doesn't that make them racists?

Logical
09-14-2008, 12:20 AM
I can't get no satisfaction.You and Mick