PDA

View Full Version : Video Games CoD4 Prestige info

Guru
09-12-2008, 07:26 PM
What the hell is it? Saw something about being able to download Prestige gamer pics this weekend as well but there is nothing in the download store for it.

Fishpicker
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
prestige mode just starts you over at the lowest rank. the badges and ranks are different but you have to unlock all the weapons and perks again.

Guru
09-12-2008, 07:38 PM
so basically it is the same game all over again but with different ranks? I assume the badges and ranks take longer to achieve?

QuikSsurfer
09-12-2008, 08:29 PM
so basically it is the same game all over again but with different ranks? I assume the badges and ranks take longer to achieve?

you got it. I think you can go up 11 times. I stopped after the 2nd.
I don't play this game much these days; mostly team fortress 2 and GOW

Fishpicker
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM

the first time through, it takes about the same amount of time as it does to go from 1 - 55.

Lzen
09-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, it's just ranking up again from that beginning. It's all about how you look to others. That's where the title, "prestige" comes into play. I know guys that have done that several times over. COD4 geeks, for sure.

CHIEF4EVER
09-17-2008, 01:25 AM
I just got COD 4 a week ago and absolutely LOVE it. Best COD so far hands down. Have yet to play it online but my friends tell me that it is awesome. Haven't played any of the Gears of War yet but that is probably the next game on my list.

AndChiefs
09-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah, it's just ranking up again from that beginning. It's all about how you look to others. That's where the title, "prestige" comes into play. I know guys that have done that several times over. COD4 geeks, for sure.

10 levels of prestige...and yes, sadly, I have done all of them.

Nightfyre
09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
I like the COD level system. It more or less makes you learn how to play the game by teaching you all the techniques and making you use all the weapons. I am now 9th Prestige, and think I will stick here because I like my sheriff badge.

Mr. Plow
09-17-2008, 07:57 AM
I think I'm 5th or 6th prestige. Don't like my badge, so I'm doing one more....Worst comes to worst, I'll stop on 9 if I get there.