PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hockey mom versus soccer mom

RJ
09-12-2008, 09:15 PM
So I was wondering, If Palin were a soccer mom rather than a hockey mom, would it have been brought up at all? I know a lot of folks don't view soccer as a very manly - or for that matter American- game. In fact, I've heard that boys who play soccer are often referred to as "lawn fairies". And soccer is so damned Euro, which is almost synonymous with liberal

Hockey, on the other hand, is a pretty rough game, more in keeping with the "Sarah Barracuda" image, and more American, or at least North American.

I'm also wondering if any of her kids played or play soccer and the McCain campaign made a decision to go with the hockey story and try to sweep the soccer angle under the rug.

If true, you have to ask yourself, why do the republicans hate soccer?

Sorry, no link.

Logical
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM
My opinion is definitely less prominently.

Friendo
09-12-2008, 09:27 PM
don't show em this:

Brian and The Becks - Posted July 17, 2008
Fox & Friends aired the first two parts of a cable exclusive interview between anchor Brian Kilmeade and soccer star David Beckham. Kilmeade's more than just a fan he's a soccer player and coach himself. And according to co-anchor Steve Doocy, the two are involved in a bit of a "bromance." Beckham... [TVNewser]

RJ
09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Why am I not shocked by the complete lack of response from the cons? The silence is deafening.

headsnap
09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Why am I not shocked by the complete lack of response from the cons? The silence is deafening.

LOL

read my sig...

SNR
09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
So I was wondering, If Palin were a soccer mom rather than a hockey mom, would it have been brought up at all? No.