PDA

View Full Version : Elections Palin Interview w/ Charlie Gibson

jettio
09-12-2008, 08:24 PM
From what I have seen in the first 20 minutes of 20/20, I am starting to feel sorry for this person that McCain tossed into the fray.

She is not answering the questions.

Sad.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
From what I have seen in the first 20 minutes of 20/20, I am starting to feel sorry for this person that McCain tossed into the fray.

She is not answering the questions.

Sad.No, she's not. I thought the campaign would have briefed her on positions, but this is just sad.

Logical
09-12-2008, 08:37 PM
No, she's not. I thought the campaign would have briefed her on positions, but this is just sad.Dang it is 2.5 hours approximately before we get to watch out here.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I heard tonight's part was even worse. Any gems?

Programmer
09-12-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm sure the other side might have a different view of what she says.

I'm also sure that Gibson is not being "fair and balanced".

The difference between his interview with Obama and the first one with Palin were different as day and night with the tactics he used.

Very unprofessional. Nice easy relaxed setup with Obama and an "in your face" type with Palin. Obvious tactic to throw her into a subservient postion.

Yep, Gibson is a fair interviewer. NOT.

Logical
09-12-2008, 08:44 PM

The difference between his interview with Obama and the first one with Palin were different as day and night with the tactics he used.

Very unprofessional. Nice easy relaxed setup with Obama and an "in your face" type with Palin. Obvious tactic to throw her into a subservient postion.

Yep, Gibson is a fair interviewer. NOT.What is sad is he is definitely going easy on her, she is just this pathetic with easy questions. I look forward to Chris Matthews getting his hooks into her.

HolmeZz
09-12-2008, 08:46 PM

Yep, Gibson is a fair interviewer. NOT.

What hard question did he ask her? And no, asking her if she agrees with the Bush Doctrine isn't a hard question. That's a friggin' softball.

Don't blame the interviewer because your candidate looked completely out of her league.

jettio
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
I think her laughing about Trooper Wooten making threats against the "First Family," coming after her laughing about the fact that Trooper Wooten is still a trooper as some kind of defense for Troopergate was curious.

I think it is becoming more clear that her family just tried to create trouble for the dude because of the divorce from the sister.

Cannibal
09-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I heard that this will be it for her interviews except for one more with Shawn Hannity. So in essence, they have said that she cannot be trusted to do another interview with an unbiased source because she'll **** it up.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I think her laughing about Trooper Wooten making threats against the "First Family," coming after her laughing about the fact that Trooper Wooten is still a trooper as some kind of defense for Troopergate was curious.

I think it is becoming more clear that her family just tried to create trouble for the dude because of the divorce from the sister.

So you think it's OK for a state trooper to use a tazer his 10 year old step son?

You also think it's OK to have a state trooper that is abusive?

Programmer
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I heard that this will be it for her interviews except for one more with Shawn Hannity. So in essence, they have said that she cannot be trusted to do another interview with an unbiased source because she'll **** it up.

Who was the unbiased interviewer?

Logical
09-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Cmon Tom, Gibson is about as neutral as they come. I want to see her handle Chris Matthews on Hardball. Obama did O'Reilly on Fox.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Cmon Tom, Gibson is about as neutral as they come. I want to see her handle Chris Matthews on Hardball. Obama did O'Reilly on Fox.

I just heard Gibson speaking. He is just about as unbiased as you are. I guess it's perspective. What you see as neutral is from a liberal standpoint.

Cannibal
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM

Gibson asswipe. If anything he leans conservative.

You Right Wingers are ****ing blind.

jettio
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, I guess history will record that McCain gets a more glorious farewell tour with larger crowds and a few vicarious half hard-ons from peeking at the new chick.

Maybe he deserves the nicer send-off for his service to our country so far, but the chances that a ticket that has no economic plan distinguishable from B*sh could get elected in these times are pretty low.

Obama just needs to stay steady. Today was a bad day for McCain-Palin and since they are being managed by people who think they can outsmart the truth, I can't see them making the case when it really matters.

Cannibal
09-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Face it dunce, they are hiding her because she could end the campaign with a single ****ed up response to a simple question.

wazu
09-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I saw tonight's and thought she did well. What answers did you guys think she struggled with, that she answered in Round 2? I loved her responses on her career as mayor of Wasilla as well as the Troopergate investigation. She was much more easy going in this installment. ABC must have decided to front-load the weak moments in Round 1.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Face it dunce, they are hiding her because she could end the campaign with a single ****ed up response to a simple question.

Believe that all you want. Obama is self destructing so what she says is not germain to the discusson. She will be the VP and he will be back in the senate voting "Present" on all the controversial bills.

Programmer
09-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Gibson asswipe. If anything he leans conservative.

You Right Wingers are ****ing blind.

You seem to have a problem realizing who and what Gibson is.

You left wingers are ****ing idiots.

jettio
09-12-2008, 09:24 PM
I saw tonight's and thought she did well. What answers did you guys think she struggled with, that she answered in Round 2? I loved her responses on her career as mayor of Wasilla as well as the Troopergate investigation. She was much more easy going in this installment. ABC must have decided to front-load the weak moments in Round 1.

Economic plans?

They obviously have no concrete plans for the economy or this "reforming government" nonsense they keep spouting.

Why was she laughing about supposed threats to her family?

Why was she laughing about the fact that Wooten is still a trooper?

Pretty obvious that they do not fear the guy and they only wanted to cause him trouble in a family spat.

She is just a crass opportunist who replaced crooks. Just because she replaced crooks does not mean that she is automatically a reformer. An honest governor does not throw her official weight around to settle family scores and then lie about her record to create a false first impression on the national stage.

I hope the polls stay where they are for a few weeks so that Obama's fund raising stays strong. Hopefully, McCain will keep her perfume in his nostrils and stay in la-la land thinking he is a great debater.

Logical
09-12-2008, 09:35 PM
I just heard Gibson speaking. He is just about as unbiased as you are. I guess it's perspective. What you see as neutral is from a liberal standpoint.
Tom don't be a dork, I am a news junkie, I watch all the interviewers on Fox, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, Gibson is not hardcore anything, he is hardcore journalist. Which I suspect is why the McCain campaign gave him this interview.

alnorth
09-12-2008, 10:08 PM

I think you are uninformed. You ARE aware that he used his taser on her 10 year old nephew, and threatened to shoot Todd Palin's father in the head? No? Theres a reason why no one is really pushing this "scandal" hard.

VAChief
09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
So you think it's OK for a state trooper to use a tazer his 10 year old step son?

You also think it's OK to have a state trooper that is abusive?

It was a stupid thing to do, but it isn't exactly like it sounds. The kid asked him to let him try it. He put it on the level the troopers use on themselves for training by hooking up to a snap on his shirt and then zapping him. The kid thought it was great supposedly and wanted to do it again. When I first heard about it I thought what an ass! I thought it was some kind of punishment. Now I just think he was a dumbass trying to impress his stepson.

VAChief
09-12-2008, 10:13 PM

I would love to see her get an interview with the foreign press. I mean let's see these "executive skills" she's attained that will equip her for foreign affairs put to the test.

Start with the British, I'm sure she could handle a few questions from one of our top allies right?

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Gibson acted cold, his voice had a sense of bulldog in him, he demanded answers. Now the answers he got wasn't what he wanted to hear, he was digging for some meat to give to the liberals.

As for the interview, Gibson was about as soft as they could find from the liberal side of it.

The Hannity interview will be directed to shore up any damage the dems think they got.

Logical
09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Gibson acted cold, his voice had a sense of bulldog in him, he demanded answers. Now the answers he got wasn't what he wanted to hear, he was digging for some meat to give to the liberals.

As for the interview, Gibson was about as soft as they could find from the liberal side of it.

The Hannity interview will be directed to shore up any damage the dems think they got.But the problem with that is only ideologue conservatives watch Hannity. Hell I even have started to avoid him, you won't find independent watching him. Bill O'Reilly is probably the only Fox interviewer that independents consistently watch.

Logical
09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
I would love to see her get an interview with the foreign press. I mean let's see these "executive skills" she's attained that will equip her for foreign affairs put to the test.

Start with the British, I'm sure she could handle a few questions from one of our top allies right?LMAO they would destroy her. That would be great fun.

Logical
09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I think you are uninformed. You ARE aware that he used his taser on her 10 year old nephew, and threatened to shoot Todd Palin's father in the head? No? Theres a reason why no one is really pushing this "scandal" hard.Do you have YouTube proof of any of that (j/k sortof). Really does not matter it was up to a judge to determine if he did it and what the punishment should be if he did. She was way the hell over the line to try and fire him.

jettio
09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I think you are uninformed. You ARE aware that he used his taser on her 10 year old nephew, and threatened to shoot Todd Palin's father in the head? No? Theres a reason why no one is really pushing this "scandal" hard.

Why don't you ask Palin to provide (1) the dates of the tasering incident/moose kill/ argument with supposed threat to kill parents ; (2) the date any were first reported to anyone ouside of the family; (3) the key dates of the divorce proceeding; and (4) the date any incident was reported to the state police and the government.

Why don't you ask for the relevant dates for each of these dastardly deeds by Trooper Wooten?

When you get that information, you can ask Palin why they kept the news in the family for years before the divorce and then before being elected.

Cannibal
09-12-2008, 10:32 PM

Start with the British, I'm sure she could handle a few questions from one of our top allies right?

I wish... but McCain does not want his campaign crushed with one wrong sentence. I guess I can't blame him.

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 10:34 PM
But the problem with that is only ideologue conservatives watch Hannity. Hell I even have started to avoid him, you won't find independent watching him. Bill O'Reilly is probably the only Fox interviewer that independents consistently watch.

I understand what you are saying, but it is what it is. Sure Gibson could have been tougher, I bet the RNC didn't expect him to be as tough as he was. Gibson's facial expressions showed a lot in his tone of voice.

But I disagree with the ideology theory Jim. Conservatives of all parties will watch, independents and more democrats than you are giving credit too will watch. Just for the fact they might see more or something to solidify their pick in this race. People still want to see and hear more about her.

Logical
09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I understand what you are saying, but it is what it is. Sure Gibson could have been tougher, I bet the RNC didn't expect him to be as tough as he was. Gibson's facial expressions showed a lot in his tone of voice.

But I disagree with the ideology theory Jim. Conservatives of all parties will watch, independents and more democrats than you are giving credit too will watch. Just for the fact they might see more or something to solidify their pick in this race. People still want to see and hear more about her.I cannot imagine any even slightly liberal person watch Hannity masterbate himself trying to make Palin look good. Hannity does not even know how to do an honest interview.

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
I cannot imagine any even slightly liberal person watch Hannity masterbate himself trying to make Palin look good. Hannity does not even know how to do an honest interview.

Hannity is to the far right as the liberals are to the left , it's just hard facts. Masterbate ? No touching this one , Jim. ( shudder )

Hannisty and honest interview ? I agree, again, Sean Hannity is far right, as much as Alan Combs is far left. :D

Hey, would love to visit with you all tonight, gotta get up early and drive to Nashville, picking up family at the airport. It's a 2 hour driver from here, 1 way.

Night .....

RJ
09-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Hannity is to the far right as the liberals are to the left , it's just hard facts. Masterbate ? No touching this one , Jim. ( shudder )

Hannisty and honest interview ? I agree, again, Sean Hannity is far right, as much as Alan Combs is far left. :D

Hey, would love to visit with you all tonight, gotta get up early and drive to Nashville, picking up family at the airport. It's a 2 hour driver from here, 1 way.

Night .....

I recently made that drive and saw probably 20 or so of those wind turbine thingies being hauled north up I-24. Do you know where they're taking them?

ROYC75
09-12-2008, 10:57 PM
I recently made that drive and saw probably 20 or so of those wind turbine thingies being hauled north up I-24. Do you know where they're taking them?

No, could be anywhere. Currently we are working some jobs that are in Ia,Mi,Or,Co,Ks.,Ok.,SD,ND, Ne,Az,NM,Tx. Texas is the biggest project we are working on now......

Plus we are also working with a lot of new pipelines across the country.... a big movement is currently in place and plans are to even go bigger yet.

beer bacon
09-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Gibson believes in the laffer curve, and he thinks the average American earns $200,000 a year. He is definitely conservative leaning.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Tom don't be a dork, I am a news junkie, I watch all the interviewers on Fox, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, Gibson is not hardcore anything, he is hardcore journalist. Which I suspect is why the McCain campaign gave him this interview.

Jim don't be a blind jackass.

Have you listened to Gibson talk about Palin when she is not on the stage with him? You are hiding from reality if you have not realized that he does not like her and is doing what he can to discredit her.

Palin is not perfect, but I have to tell you she is more correct politically than Obama or Biden. I'm sure that's what got the media in a frenzy.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:47 AM
It was a stupid thing to do, but it isn't exactly like it sounds. The kid asked him to let him try it. He put it on the level the troopers use on themselves for training by hooking up to a snap on his shirt and then zapping him. The kid thought it was great supposedly and wanted to do it again. When I first heard about it I thought what an ass! I thought it was some kind of punishment. Now I just think he was a dumbass trying to impress his stepson.

Links?

1. trooper saying the kid asked him to taze him

and

2. kid saying that he asked the troooper to taze him

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:49 AM
LMAO they would destroy her. That would be great fun.

Only an interview with them would tell. I think you are more biased than you want to admit.

VAChief
09-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Why don't you ask Palin to provide (1) the dates of the tasering incident/moose kill/ argument with supposed threat to kill parents ; (2) the date any were first reported to anyone ouside of the family; (3) the key dates of the divorce proceeding; and (4) the date any incident was reported to the state police and the government.

Why don't you ask for the relevant dates for each of these dastardly deeds by Trooper Wooten?

When you get that information, you can ask Palin why they kept the news in the family for years before the divorce and then before being elected.

Are you implying that when people get divorces their families sometimes get vindictive? Hmm, I wasn't aware.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Do you have YouTube proof of any of that (j/k sortof). Really does not matter it was up to a judge to determine if he did it and what the punishment should be if he did. She was way the hell over the line to try and fire him.

You are aware that the top dog as well as all of the troopers serve the governor of each state?

I would be interested to see his service record. There have been stories of abusive behavior out of uniform. If that is so there is most likely some references to the same behavior when in uniform.

VAChief
09-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Links?

1. trooper saying the kid asked him to taze him

and

2. kid saying that he asked the troooper to taze him

I saw it on television, if I can think of it where I will get back to you, but he was being interviewed on these specific points. Now granted it was his side, but I see parents argue about this kind of thing all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if his side of the taser episode was true. I haven't seen them deny it or add different details at least which would seem the logical path to take if he was lying.

The threat on the father he flat out denied and said was a lie. I could see him making the threat honestly. People say that a lot when they are angry and then realize later they f'd up.

I'm not being a jackass Tom I really think that part was blown out of proportion. Remember when Reagan got blasted for claiming ketchup was a vegetable to save money on the school lunch programs? It turned out a little different and of course it never materialized out of suggestion from his staffers.

PunkinDrublic
09-13-2008, 10:39 AM
You'd have to be a complete right wing idealogue or complete moron to think that interview went well for Palin. She is in way over her head and it showed. This election is starting to scare me because the uneducated and uninformed are starting to rally around Palin just like they did for dubyas stupid ass in 2000. Say what you want about Obamas inexperience but she doesn't even come close to matching his intelligence.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 10:54 AM
You'd have to be a complete right wing idealogue or complete moron to think that interview went well for Palin. She is in way over her head and it showed. This election is starting to scare me because the uneducated and uninformed are starting to rally around Palin just like they did for dubyas stupid ass in 2000. Say what you want about Obamas inexperience but she doesn't even come close to matching his intelligence.

You'd have to a complete left wing idealogue or complete moron to think that interview went bad for Palin.

Perspective dude, perspective. You also have to consider how Obama would respond to those same exact questions cold.

ChiefaRoo
09-13-2008, 11:26 AM

Yeah, Matthews. One of the guys who got demoted last week on a network few watch. Oustanding. Maybe he will tell her about the feeling that runs up his leg when he listens to Obama speak.