PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Obama admited trying cocaine

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 08:03 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/02/AR2007010201359_pf.html

In the book that Obama himself wrote, he acknowledges that he used cocaine as a high school student but rejected heroin. "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it".

Obama drug use started in high school and ending in college several years later.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm not voting for Obama, but give me a break. a huge percentage of the populous that have grown up in the 60's to now has almost certainly experimented with it once in their life time. this is not an issue.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Funny that Bush got alot of flack for using coke. I'm sure the Obots will look the other way. IMO, I don't really care. It was in college.

RJ
09-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Old news.

Bush used coke.

Clinton didn't inhale.

BFD.

StcChief
09-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Funny that Bush got alot of flack for using coke. I'm sure the Obots will look the other way. IMO, I don't really care. It was in college.
but Barry was a poor black man.... mired in the hood and all.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 08:59 AM
WHY DID NO ONE MENTION THIS BEFORE

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm not voting for Obama, but give me a break. a huge percentage of the populous that have grown up in the 60's to now has almost certainly experimented with it once in their life time. this is not an issue.

That may be, but do you want someone that obviously had done more than experiment with drugs?

Warrior5
09-13-2008, 09:11 AM
This news has been out for a while; I doubt it will change any voter's mind.

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 09:11 AM
That may be, but do you want someone that obviously had done more than experiment with drugs?

That is the point. Obama did drugs for several years, by is own account.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:12 AM
WHY DID NO ONE MENTION THIS BEFORE

Timing for political expediency.

Friendo
09-13-2008, 09:14 AM
in other news, bell-bottoms are out...but disco is making a comeback in some circles:rolleyes:

Jenson71
09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
And John McCain dated a stripper. Move on.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
in other news, bell-bottoms are out...but disco is making a comeback in some circles:rolleyes:

So you have no problem with a drug user in the Whitehouse? Why the stinnk about Bush last time around? It was the libs that were on fire then.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:18 AM
And John McCain dated a stripper. Move on.

And you wish you were so lucky.

I saw a stripper once or twice. I bet you are still jealous.

jAZ
09-13-2008, 09:20 AM

Bush never admitted it. He got flack for not admitting it. And moralist Reps will always get flack for being amoral. That hypocricy is a legitimate issue.

jAZ
09-13-2008, 09:21 AM

I don't know, did you vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004?

jAZ
09-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Timing for political expediency.

You shouldn't answer THAT particuarly question seriously, given that doing so in the way you did exposes the fact that you have no idea that this is really old "news".

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 09:25 AM
So you have no problem with a drug user in the Whitehouse? Why the stinnk about Bush last time around? It was the libs that were on fire then.

Right now the dems are trying to make a big deal out of some drug problems Cindy McCain had 15 years ago (a pain killer she abused). They want to make a big deal out of that, but, the dems think Obama should not have to answer for his drug use beause?????

Effects of cocaine excessive or prolonged use; the drug can cause itching, tachycardia, hallucinations, and paranoid delusions. And Obama said in his book he used drugs for several years, I wonder what long term effects Obama's drug use had on him..

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:25 AM
You shouldn't answer THAT particuarly question seriously, given that doing so in the way you did exposes the fact that you have no idea that this is really old "news".

Gee, you got me there ... ya think?

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't know, did you vote for Bush in 2000 or 2004?

Once.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Bush never admitted it. He got flack for not admitting it. And moralist Reps will always get flack for being amoral. That hypocricy is a legitimate issue.

Excuse me? I don't see Bush jumping on the bash obama bandwagon.

If you want to see hypocricy all you have to do is look at everyone involved in the election, top to bottom. You are one of the biggest hypocrites in that regard, at least on this board.

It's basic politics.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I told this to a liberal on another board. he said prove it and ill vote for McCain. TA DAH !!!!! he admitted to using cocaine. said he wanted to take heroin but didn't like the scum that sold it. its old news. seems pot users always move on to the heavy stuff. source (source) one of many.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 09:45 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaQHKQbXal0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaQHKQbXal0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

penchief
09-13-2008, 09:48 AM

It was the hypocricy that pissed me off.

Clinton drug use = bad

Bush drug abuse/alcohol abuse = irrelevent

Obama drug use = ?

Aside from the fact that Bush acted with indignance about his past, was an alcoholic into his forties and a coke addict into his thirties, and was arrested for DUI, the double standard that republicans apply to judging the past behavior of presidential candidates doesn't bother me at all.

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Programmer and kcvet, I retired from the Navy Feb 07. Good to see a couple of Navy guys on the site.

GO NAVY!

:toast:

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 09:51 AM
That's nice. Could you retire from posting, now?

kcvet
09-13-2008, 09:52 AM

why don't you cartoon man !!!!

Programmer
09-13-2008, 09:55 AM
It was the hypocricy that pissed me off.

Clinton drug use = bad

Bush drug abuse/alcohol abuse = irrelevent

Obama drug use = ?

Aside from the fact that Bush acted with indignance about his past, was an alcoholic into his forties and a coke addict into his thirties, and was arrested for DUI, the double standard that republicans apply to judging the past behavior of presidential candidates doesn't bother me at all.

Don't even try to bring double standards into play. Hyprocricy? Just look at events now. The libs were yelling the loudest when the Bush information came out. What do you expect with this?

Obama using drugs in HS might have been excusable but through college? That's not the signs of a casual user, that's indication of a typical user. I wonder if there are any records of rehab in Obama's case. It makes ya wonder, was he addicted or just a daily user?

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 09:56 AM
why don't you cartoon man !!!!This post is so terrible, in so many ways, that it should be ban-worthy.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Programmer and kcvet, I retired from the Navy Feb 07. Good to see a couple of Navy guys on the site.

GO NAVY!

:toast:

thanks. we were in the old USN. here's the new - enjoy

sea power (sea power)

kcvet
09-13-2008, 09:57 AM
This post is so terrible, in so many ways, that it should be ban-worthy.

thanks for telling us what you hate. now we'll pile it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 09:58 AM

NO! :moon:

chiefforlife
Right now the dems are trying to make a big deal out of some drug problems Cindy McCain had 15 years ago (a pain killer she abused). They want to make a big deal out of that, but, the dems think Obama should not have to answer for his drug use beause?????

Effects of cocaine excessive or prolonged use; the drug can cause itching, tachycardia, hallucinations, and paranoid delusions. And Obama said in his book he used drugs for several years, I wonder what long term effects Obama's drug use had on him..

Thats weird, the long term effects of being a POW are similar, even worse. I wonder how that will effect McCain...

http://books.google.com/books?id=eu3mCNewkE8C&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=effects+of+being+a+pow&source=web&ots=6aSTHkr00y&sig=Im3yt2BjxDizyhi1sDQLtLZIE1I&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result

Ultra Peanut
thanks for telling us what you hate. now we'll pile it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hate bad posting, and you are certainly providing it in spades.

NO! :moon:jesus ****

VAChief
09-13-2008, 10:00 AM

You mean like get a DUI as an adult?

kcvet
09-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I hate bad posting, and you are certainly providing it in spades.

we'll retire. you first. "spade" ???? hmmmmROFL

kcvet
09-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Thats weird, the long term effects of being a POW are similar, even worse. I wonder how that will effect McCain...

http://books.google.com/books?id=eu3mCNewkE8C&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=effects+of+being+a+pow&source=web&ots=6aSTHkr00y&sig=Im3yt2BjxDizyhi1sDQLtLZIE1I&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=3&ct=result

googles is liberal. try again

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 10:02 AM
we'll retire. you first. "spade" ???? hmmmmROFLhttp://i33.tinypic.com/qqrej4.gif

Programmer
09-13-2008, 10:03 AM
You mean like get a DUI as an adult?

Driving under the influence is against the law. If someone get's nailed for that they lose their driving privleges for a time. Drinking alcohol is legal.

Using the drugs Obama claims to have used in most places is a felony.

Big difference.

VAChief
09-13-2008, 10:04 AM
I told this to a liberal on another board. he said prove it and ill vote for McCain. TA DAH !!!!! he admitted to using cocaine. said he wanted to take heroin but didn't like the scum that sold it. its old news. seems pot users always move on to the heavy stuff. source (source) one of many.

You do realize Palin has admitted to pot use right? Should we worry she has "moved on" to the hard stuff. Come on Uncle Fester give it up if what you did as a teenager prevents you from being POTUS there would be a whole hosts of new pictures on the walls of our libraries. You do know what libraries are I assume?

wazu
09-13-2008, 10:04 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/02/AR2007010201359_pf.html

In the book that Obama himself wrote, he acknowledges that he used cocaine as a high school student but rejected heroin. "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it".

Obama drug use started in high school and ending in college several years later.

http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/section/learning/general/onthisday/big/0720_big.gif

VAChief
09-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Driving under the influence is against the law. If someone get's nailed for that they lose their driving privleges for a time. Drinking alcohol is legal.

Using the drugs Obama claims to have used in most places is a felony.

Big difference.

I agree there is a difference, both actions are against the law and one of those actions kills other people and ruins the lives of families as I can attest to personally.

chiefforlife
09-13-2008, 10:07 AM

What? Have you been a drug user in the past or perhaps a POW?

kcvet
09-13-2008, 10:13 AM
What? Have you been a drug user in the past or perhaps a POW?

no to both. next ???? have you????

VAChief
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Don't even try to bring double standards into play. Hyprocricy? Just look at events now. The libs were yelling the loudest when the Bush information came out. What do you expect with this?

Obama using drugs in HS might have been excusable but through college? That's not the signs of a casual user, that's indication of a typical user. I wonder if there are any records of rehab in Obama's case. It makes ya wonder, was he addicted or just a daily user?

Tom, if you think it is so bad into your college years then what does it say if you are still doing it in your thirties and forties? I'm not following the apparent hypocrisy of the left here? It isn't as big a deal usually unless that person has hidden it and is proclaiming to be otherwise.

VAChief
09-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Careful the tin foil hat is falling off. WTF, "googles is liberal?"

kcvet
09-13-2008, 10:16 AM

only libtards wear tin foil. and snort cocaine

Programmer
09-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Tom, if you think it is so bad into your college years then what does it say if you are still doing it in your thirties and forties? I'm not following the apparent hypocrisy of the left here? It isn't as big a deal usually unless that person has hidden it and is proclaiming to be otherwise.

Believe what you want. I wasn't going to vote for Obama, this only reinforces the decision I made.

If you can't see hyprocrisy all around, especially in the left at the moment you are just blind.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2008, 10:20 AM
only libtards wear tin foil. and snort cocaineLibtards like DJ G.W.?

Messier
09-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Believe what you want. I wasn't going to vote for Obama, this only reinforces the decision I made.

If you can't see hyprocrisy all around, especially in the left at the moment you are just blind.

You weren't?!?

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 10:26 AM
thanks. we were in the old USN. here's the new - enjoy

sea power (sea power)

kcvet, thanks! My father was a vietnam vet. I have the highest respect for you and your fellow Vietnam vets. (for the dems here, yes that goes for Kerry and Gore also, they served there time. I just don't like what they did after they got back). My father was in Vietnam 66-67 with the US Army.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Libtards like DJ G.W.?

http://www.lisaandjacob.com/uploaded_images/Bumper_sticker.gif

:D:D

kcvet
09-13-2008, 10:30 AM
kcvet, thanks! My father was a vietnam vet. I have the highest respect for you and your fellow Vietnam vets. (for the dems here, yes that goes for Kerry and Gore also, they served there time. I just don't like what they did after they got back). My father was in Vietnam 66-67 with the US Army.

it runs in your family to. a salute to them. tell em it was our pleasure to swift boat Kerry's ass. 66-70 fer me

my late dad served in the USN in WW2

kcvet
09-13-2008, 10:37 AM

can't use a search engine????

Google's Liberal Bias
link (link)

and here (and here)

jAZ
09-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Excuse me? I don't see Bush jumping on the bash obama bandwagon.

If you want to see hypocricy all you have to do is look at everyone involved in the election, top to bottom. You are one of the biggest hypocrites in that regard, at least on this board.

It's basic politics.

You missed the point entirely.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 10:44 AM
You weren't?!?

Undecided at first. I tried to find a reason to consider Obama. There was nothing to be found.

chiefforlife
09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
can't use a search engine????

Google's Liberal Bias
link (link)

and here (and here)

Its a link to a book. It had nothing to do with Google other than I used it to find the book.

eazyb81
09-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Obama gets extra points in my book if he blew his lines off a stripper's ass.

RJ
09-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I thought Muslims didn't use drugs.

This Obama guy is a real piece of work.

I'll bet he eats bacon.

RJ
09-13-2008, 11:20 AM
googles is liberal.

Soylent Green is People!!!

Calcountry
09-13-2008, 11:32 AM

This is like a year old. He is for change, so why is this news?

RINGLEADER
09-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Obama did coke?

This is ASTONISHING!

This is DEVASTATING!

ROFL

kstater
09-13-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm shocked and stunned at this new revelation.

whatsmynameagain
09-13-2008, 12:08 PM

Obama wasn't stealing his drugs.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Its a link to a book. It had nothing to do with Google other than I used it to find the book.

use brain. look at both

whatsmynameagain
09-13-2008, 12:13 PM
it runs in your family to. a salute to them. tell em it was our pleasure to swift boat Kerry's ass. 66-70 fer me

my late dad served in the USN in WW2

Kerry is more of a war hero than Mccain. Look at all the costs associated with the retard(not trig, mccain) being in the service. How many planes did he crash? Did Mccain save any of his men indefinately, NO! I think its horrible when people who were in any sort of military service has to bag on Kerry. I know he spoke out against a bullshit war so that means he actually has a brain but you should be mad at him for that?

kcvet
09-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Kerry is more of a war hero than Mccain. Look at all the costs associated with the retard(not trig, mccain) being in the service. How many planes did he crash? Did Mccain save any of his men indefinately, NO! I think its horrible when people who were in any sort of military service has to bag on Kerry. I know he spoke out against a bullshit war so that means he actually has a brain but you should be mad at him for that?

Kerry is more of a war hero than Mccain

ROFLROFL and Kerry did what???? thanks for you biased opinion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2008, 12:31 PM
use brain. look at both

So this is "the base". I can see why treating people like they are retarded works so well.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 12:43 PM

You might want to look up the circumstances of the planes that you claim McCain crashed.
From memory.
#1 Failed landing during flight training (No injuries, plane repaired and stayed in service)
#2 McCain flew into some power lines. (No injuries, plane repaired and stayed in service)
#3 Plane had mechanical failure, McCain attempted recovery by the book before ejecting - mishpap investigation cleared him of any wrongdoing)
#4 McCain was sitting a running armed aircraft on the flight deck of the USS Forrestal when a Zuni missile cooked off from a misplaced "huffer". He had to crawl out of the cockpit to escape the fire and explosions.
#5 McCain was shot down on a mission over North Vietnam.

Your indication seems to be that he crashed all five of the planes, as others have reported in error.

Kerry was in country for less than 6 months. He was awarded three purple hearts for very minor injuries in a very short period of time, one from metal being ejected from his own weapon.

Kerry did nothing spectacular, he was a junior officer. He put his crew in peril by returning to a battle scene to have a movie made of his mock heroics.

Discounting any time in the Hanoi Hilton, McCain flew numerous missions over Vietnam on strikes. Each and every time doing the task at hand and not once flying back over to have someone film his bomb drops for posterity.

Kerry was a jackass that used the system to get out of country as quickly as he could.

Pitt Gorilla
09-13-2008, 12:53 PM
That may be, but do you want someone that obviously had done more than experiment with drugs?That's fine with me.

Sully
09-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Obama Killed John Goodman with his Coke Habit!!!!!

Mr. Laz
09-13-2008, 01:06 PM
meh ... don't really care as long as he's not coking it up RIGHT NOW.

didn't really care about Bush's coke habit either except for he was such a gigantic sanctimonious prick and was a complete hypocrite about it.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Kerry wanted those fake medals then hi tailed it for home..then runs for prez based on his war record.

Epic failue

HolmeZz
09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Holy crap, Obama is guilty of something he admitted to 15 years ago in a best selling book he wrote?

This. Is. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Gamechanger!

L.A. Chieffan
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Epic failue

Ahhh Epic what?

VAChief
09-13-2008, 01:50 PM

Precisely.

VAChief
09-13-2008, 01:55 PM
You might want to look up the circumstances of the planes that you claim McCain crashed.
From memory.
#1 Failed landing during flight training (No injuries, plane repaired and stayed in service)
#2 McCain flew into some power lines. (No injuries, plane repaired and stayed in service)
#3 Plane had mechanical failure, McCain attempted recovery by the book before ejecting - mishpap investigation cleared him of any wrongdoing)
#4 McCain was sitting a running armed aircraft on the flight deck of the USS Forrestal when a Zuni missile cooked off from a misplaced "huffer". He had to crawl out of the cockpit to escape the fire and explosions.
#5 McCain was shot down on a mission over North Vietnam.

Your indication seems to be that he crashed all five of the planes, as others have reported in error.

Kerry was in country for less than 6 months. He was awarded three purple hearts for very minor injuries in a very short period of time, one from metal being ejected from his own weapon.

Kerry did nothing spectacular, he was a junior officer. He put his crew in peril by returning to a battle scene to have a movie made of his mock heroics.

Discounting any time in the Hanoi Hilton, McCain flew numerous missions over Vietnam on strikes. Each and every time doing the task at hand and not once flying back over to have someone film his bomb drops for posterity.

Kerry was a jackass that used the system to get out of country as quickly as he could.

I'm sorry Tom, I am happy that you served our country, but I think it is really sad to accuse any soldier who went into combat and claim despite reports from people who served with him to the contrary that he somehow manipulated the system for future political gain. He might have gotten preferential treatment for his medals I don't know for sure and neither do you. Medals are subjectively given and as those that raised the flag at Iwo Jima have lamented not always to those that deserved them most.

It was shameful the way Kerry was treated on his record. As un-American an act as I can think of which is why I don't like the same kinds of things said about McCain. I think it is one part of their lives that should be honored, but not necessarily used as reason for voting..or not voting for POTUS.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Precisely.

Precisely wrong. no book here

Google Accused of Liberal Bias After Refusing Conservative Ads
link (link)

or here (or here)

VAChief
09-13-2008, 02:23 PM

link (link)

or here (or here)

The book was written by Google? I don't see that anywhere in the link. With your logic I could say the following link found through a Google search represents a liberal bias? Claiming they refused ads and that you found something through a search does not make a bias.

http://www.amazon.com/Turner-Diaries-Novel-Andrew-MacDonald/dp/1569800863

kcvet
09-13-2008, 02:24 PM
The book was written by Google? I don't see that anywhere in the link. With your logic I could say the following link found through a Google search represents a liberal bias? Claiming they refused ads and that you found something through a search does not make a bias.

http://www.amazon.com/Turner-Diaries-Novel-Andrew-MacDonald/dp/1569800863

prove me wrong. its right there in B&W

VAChief
09-13-2008, 02:31 PM
prove me wrong. its right there in B&W

They did not write the book you questioned I don't know how clearer that could be. If you don't understand what Google does I don't have time to bring you into this century.

Your link "accuses" them of a liberal bias with the ads they accept. The content that is found on their search engines is not in question. If that were the case how could you find all the right wing extremist sites that you can find in 5 seconds with a search?

kcvet
09-13-2008, 02:34 PM
They did not write the book you questioned I don't know how clearer that could be. If you don't understand what Google does I don't have time to bring you into this century.

Your link "accuses" them of a liberal bias with the ads they accept. The content that is found on their search engines is not in question. If that were the case how could you find all the right wing extremist sites that you can find in 5 seconds with a search?

Googles is liberal biased. and so is youtube. that was my point and i proved it

banyon
09-13-2008, 02:35 PM

:spock:

VAChief
09-13-2008, 02:37 PM

You can keep saying it over and over, it won't make it salient to the discussion you interjected it...How does that effect the book you were commenting on?

splatbass
09-13-2008, 03:36 PM

The stink was because Bush wouldn't admit it. Obama admitted it in his own book. Surely you can see the difference.

splatbass
09-13-2008, 03:39 PM

Has he actually had any of those effects? It doesn't appear so. I'm the same age as Obama and also used drugs, including cocaine, for several years in high school. I've never had any of those symptoms.

penchief
09-13-2008, 05:09 PM

Which is why I make my point. They were yelling so loud because of how the republicans crucified Clinton for much less drug use than what Bush was known for yet nobody gave a shit. Even the so-called "liberal" media gave Bush a free pass. Of course they were yelling. But they were yelling about the double standard more than the drug use.

You would be wrong about this. We're talking about the seventies, you know. In high school we used to cruise with a case of beer and a couple of joints. In college, alcohol and drugs were even easier to access and were still not completely taboo like they were by the time the eighties had ended.

Logical
09-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Wow, welcome to 2008, this is such old news that it should not even be posted. Lucky I am not a mod or I would lock this stupid thread.

Logical
09-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Effects of cocaine excessive or prolonged use; the drug can cause itching, tachycardia, hallucinations, and paranoid delusions. And Obama said in his book he used drugs for several years, I wonder what long term effects Obama's drug use had on him..Please provide a link to the Dems making a big deal about Cindy?

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow, welcome to 2008, this is such old news that it should not even be posted. Lucky I am not a mod or I would lock this stupid thread.

You don't think that it is important to know that Obama used drugs for several years??????

penchief
09-13-2008, 05:19 PM
You don't think that it is important to know that Obama used drugs for several years??????

It wasn't important that Bush was a cocaine addict well into his thirties so why should it matter for Obama? Unless you want to apply that double standard that republicans insist doesn't exist.

Logical
09-13-2008, 05:26 PM

[/URL][URL="http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2005/may/05050402.html"]link (http://link)

or here (http://newsbusters.org/node/8355)That is a little better, I was wondering how a search engine could have a bias. Anyone who knows even the basics would wonder as well. So what they don't accept conservative ads, what does that prove and what does it mean other than they are some rich Mother****ing liberals.

Logical
09-13-2008, 05:28 PM
You don't think that it is important to know that Obama used drugs for several years?????? Dude this has been posted on this BB multiple times. It is really old news and no I don't give a darn about it. To me the important thing is he did not try to hide it.

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Please provide a link to the Dems making a big deal about Cindy?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3992109

Here is your link.

This democrat site also has called Sarah Palin every name in the book. My daughtor has decided to do anything possible to help McCain and Palin this year because of this democrat site.

PS - Glad you're not a mod...you might lock this thread....ROFL

Logical
09-13-2008, 05:30 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3992109

Here is your link.

This democrat site also has called Sarah Palin every name in the book. My daughtor has decided to do anything possible to help McCain and Palin this year because of this decocrat site.

That is not the Democrats, definitely not Obama's campaign. That is just a website like this one.

penchief
09-13-2008, 05:32 PM

It wasn't important that Bush was a cocaine addict well into his thirties so why should it matter for Obama? Unless you want to apply that double standard that republicans insist doesn't exist.

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 05:34 PM

Where is your proof that Bush used cocaine into his thirties?????

With Obama, we have proof he used cocaine and other drugs.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 05:34 PM

Here is your link.

This democrat site also has called Sarah Palin every name in the book. My daughtor has decided to do anything possible to help McCain and Palin this year because of this democrat site.

the DUmmies????? ROFLROFL

Skip Towne
09-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm not voting for Obama now.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2008, 05:42 PM

But he's for senior citizens rights on all message boards. that should most certainly be a concern of yours, right? :evil:

Calcountry
09-13-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm not voting for Obama now.You live in Okiehoma right? McCain is leading by 32 points there. Well, at least your vote will count up on the total Margin of Victory there.

O.K. Clem?

penchief
09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Where is your proof that Bush used cocaine into his thirties?????

With Obama, we have proof he used cocaine and other drugs.

Oh, you mean because it wasn't made into a big deal and because Bush didn't feel he should be held to the same standard that Clinton was so he didn't comment one way or the other? Because he said he wasn't going to talk about it instead of denying it? He got to set the rules with the media. Does that mean it didn't happen? It's accepted as common knowledge and Bush has not denied it.

Are you also suggesting that his DUI which mysteriously disappeared didn't happen, too? You realize that we are talking about a silver spoon who's had the luxury of having his messes cleaned up after him by daddy's friends, right? And you do realize that he's had the luxury of a corporate media that doesn't hold republicans to the same standards it holds democrats, right?

Just ask those people that knew he shirked his National Guard duty but couldn't prove it because the only records that could be found was a piece of paper showing that he showed up for some free dental work. Shirking one's duty seems like an awful ungrateful way to repay a system that allowed you to avoid Viet Nam just because your daddy had pull. But I guess that's how George Bush rolls.

And he was a coke addict, too. Just because Obama will admit to his use and Bush won't admit to anything doesn't mean there hasn't been a double standard. Bush is also a known liar.

Skip Towne
09-13-2008, 05:46 PM
But he's for senior citizens rights on all message boards. that should most certainly be a concern of yours, right? :evil:

I wasn't going to vote for the coke head anyhow.

Calcountry
09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Dude this has been posted on this BB multiple times. It is really old news and no I don't give a darn about it. To me the important thing is he did not try to hide it.Dude, why wait for change and hope, just go cut 10 1000 dollar checks to your nearest neighbors who earn less than 30K/year.

penchief
I wasn't going to vote for the coke head anyhow.

Bush isn't running again.

MikeTheWildcat
What you are saying is, YOU HAVE NO PROOF! Just what you want to believe happened.

Oh, you mean because it wasn't made into a big deal and because Bush didn't feel he should be held to the same standard that Clinton was so he didn't comment one way or the other? Because he said he wasn't going to talk about it. He got to set the rules with the media. Does that mean it didn't happen? It's accepted as common knowledge and Bush has not denied it.

Are you also suggesting that his DUI which mysteriously disappeared didn't happen, too? You realize that we are talking about a silver spoon who's had the luxury of having his messes cleaned up after him by daddy's friends, right?

Just ask those people that knew he shirked his National Guard duty but couldn't prove it because the only records that could be found was a piece of paper showing that he showed up for some free dental work. Shirking one's duty seems like an awful ungrateful way to repay a system that allowed you to avoid Viet Nam just because your daddy had pull. But I guess that's how George Bush rolls.

And he was a coke addict, too. Just because Obama will admit to his use and Bush won't admit to anything doesn't mean there hasn't been a double standard. Bush is also a known liar.

penchief
09-13-2008, 05:54 PM
What you are saying is, YOU HAVE NO PROOF! Just what you think.

Well, if Obama's book is your only proof, that's really no proof at all. There are plenty of books and articles that claim Bush was an abuser. I guess the only real proof would be an arrest record. Which Bush has for his DUI. So since Bush is the only one with a record, I guess that makes Obama more moral.

The "no proof" argument is one of the most dishonest arguments there is. There's no proof that the Bush Administration outed Plame because it's all been shredded but we know they did.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 05:57 PM

that's 1

kcvet
09-13-2008, 06:02 PM

yeah were's the proof????

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 06:02 PM
A book that Obama himself wrote isn't proof???? Only a democrat could use that logic. Obama has admitted using drugs for several years.

Well, if Obama's book is your only proof, that's really no proof at all. There are plenty of books and articles that claim Bush was an abuser. I guess the only real proof would be an arrest record. Which Bush has for his DUI. So since Bush is the only one with a record, I guess that makes Obama more moral.

The "no proof" argument is one of the most dishonest arguments there is. There's no proof that the Bush Administration outed Plame because it's all been shredded but we know they did.

penchief
09-13-2008, 06:09 PM
A book that Obama himself wrote isn't proof???? Only a democrat could use that logic. Obama has admitted using drugs for several years.

Sure, he's documenting it himself. But why should it carry any more weight than the claims of others who have documented Bush's cocaine use which he does not deny?

If somebody writes something bad about you that is not true, wouldn't you want to set the record straight? And considering that many people have made that claim about Bush you would think that there would be some outrage if it were'nt true. But since it is true there is nothing Bush can do except what he did. Neither confirm nor deny.

So when I'm faced with both scenarios, I tend to believe that both claims are true. Both the claims made by someone who is honest enough to admit it, and the unchallenged claims made by multiple people about someone who is not honest enough to admit it.

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Simple, Obama wrote a book admitting he used drugs, OTHER people (that don't like Bush) wrote books about Bush.

I have read that McCain blow up the Forrestal (False), should McCain go on the news and say that isn't true? By your logic, if he doesn't, it means he did it, because he hasn't denied it. :shake:

Sure, he's documenting it himself. But why should it carry any more weight than the claims of others who have documented Bush's cocaine use which he does not deny?

If somebody writes something bad about you that is not true, wouldn't you want to set the record straight? And considering that many people have made that claim about Bush you would think that there would be some outrage. But since it is true there is nothing Bush can do except what he did. Neither confirm nor deny.

So when I'm faced with both scenarios, I tend to believe that both claims are true. The claims made by someone who is honest enough to admit it. And the unchallenged claims made by multiple people about someone who is not honest enough to admit it.

Logical
09-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Dude, why wait for change and hope, just go cut 10 1000 dollar checks to your nearest neighbors who earn less than 30K/year.This kind of panic is not even worth worrying about. I own a million dollar home and a 300,000 dollar condo so I don't really need or want more real estate. I own a Jaguar, but I suppose I could by a Mercedes (but you cannot drive them both at the same time). I have two big screen TVs, having 3 does not hold much appeal. So basically there is nothing I need or really want that I don't have. I paid about 30K in Fed taxes last year and if I pay more that will be fine, as long as soon we quit occupying other nations and start putting the US first.

Logical
09-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Simple, Obama wrote a book admitting he used drugs, OTHER people (that don't like Bush) wrote books about Bush.

I have read that McCain blow up the Forrestal (False), should McCain go on the news and say that isn't true? By your logic, if he doesn't, it means he did it, because he hasn't denied it. :shake:That is because it pretty much is true, the details may be somewhat mitigating but facts are facts.

penchief
09-13-2008, 06:27 PM

I have read that McCain blow up the Forrestal (False), should McCain go on the news and say that isn't true? By your logic, if he doesn't, it means he did it, because he hasn't denied it. :shake:

Bush didn't address the issue because he knew that he abused. His strategy was to say that he wasn't going to talk about it. Which worked because the corporate media didn't press him like they should have.

That said, being accused of causing the conflagration on the Forrestal and having witnesses to your habitual drug use are two different things. Just because he wasn't arrested for his drug use isn't proof that he wasn't a user. And unless he is going to contest the claims that he was a user, you have no proof that he wasn't. If he hadn't been arrested for a DUI, there would be no proof that he used to drink and drive.

So where is your proof that he wasn't a habitual user?

As I said, considering that stonewalling and destroying evidence is common practice in government and business circles, the "where's your proof" argument is generally a moot argument that neither proves nor disproves anything.

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 06:30 PM
What is true? The Obama did drugs (True) or that McCain destoryed the Forrestal (Not True).

I'm a retired Navy vet. I have seen the Forrestal video in fire training coures several times. The plane that fired the rocket was on the other side of the ship, towards the bow (front of the ship). McCain's plane was on the edge of the angle (ext over the side). McCain did not wet start his plane, he didn't start the fire. Period!

That is because it pretty much is true, the details may be somewhat mitigating but facts are facts.

vailpass
09-13-2008, 06:40 PM
BFD. Statistics show that almost all black guys have tried drugs. Every black guy I have ever met smokes weed, whether they are 13 or 63.

penchief
09-13-2008, 06:42 PM
What you are saying is, YOU HAVE NO PROOF! Just what you want to believe happened.

According to this medical history he admitted his drug use, too. He apparently changed his story about how long he had been drug free but did admit to using.

http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/t43.htm

Here is the relevent section.

During his 2000 presidential campaign there were persistent questions about a history of cocaine use. Eventually Bush denied using cocaine since 1992, then quickly extended the cocaine-free period back to 1974 (age 28). NBC reporter David Bloom then noted "that current White House appointees must disclose any drug use since their 18th birthday". Bush, however, refused to make a disclosure, instead admitting he'd made mistakes in the past, and if voters didn't like that "they can go find somebody else to vote for. That's the wonderful thing about democracy".

After eight years of listening to this guy, I had to laugh at how typical his defiant response sounded. If only we knew then what we know now.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 06:45 PM
What is true? The Obama did drugs (True) or that McCain destoryed the Forrestal (Not True).

I'm a retired Navy vet. I have seen the Forrestal video in fire training coures several times. The plane that fired the rocket was on the other side of the ship, towards the bow (front of the ship). McCain's plane was on the edge of the angle (ext over the side). McCain did not wet start his plane, he didn't start the fire. Period!

same here. I saw the libtard post on this. with NO proof.

penchief
09-13-2008, 06:49 PM

Which libtard are you referring to?

I saw the Forrestal video, too.

By the way, apparently Bush did admit to his drug use (see last post). Does that mean he and Obama are equally immoral?

J Diddy
09-13-2008, 07:04 PM

assume it is true, does it matter?

I mean honestly.

RJ
09-13-2008, 07:13 PM
This is simple. Anyone who gives a f*** about whether or not Obama snorted coke and smoked pot when he was a teenager wasn't going to vote for him in the first place. I'm fairly certain Mike the Wildcat wasn't an Obama supporter up until this morning. I'm also pretty damn sure Mike didn't actually read Obama's book.

FTR, I also don't care if Bush used coke, but if he did I'd think better of him if he told the truth. We don't mind faults in our politicians (see Palin) but we do hate being lied to.

Adept Havelock
09-13-2008, 07:22 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/chuiyXQKw3I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/chuiyXQKw3I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Logical
09-13-2008, 07:43 PM

I'm a retired Navy vet. I have seen the Forrestal video in fire training coures several times. The plane that fired the rocket was on the other side of the ship, towards the bow (front of the ship). McCain's plane was on the edge of the angle (ext over the side). McCain did not wet start his plane, he didn't start the fire. Period!Truthfully I was just pulling the kind of shit that the conservatives like you are doing on this BB. Post shit to see what will stick.

kcvet
09-13-2008, 07:44 PM
assume it is true, does it matter?

I mean honestly.

no it doesn't. its a fake

kcvet
09-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Which libtard are you referring to?

I saw the Forrestal video, too.

By the way, apparently Bush did admit to his drug use (see last post). Does that mean he and Obama are equally immoral?

typo. libtards

we'll have to see who dr zebra is huh?????

MikeTheWildcat
09-13-2008, 07:58 PM
But, Obama using drugs isn't made up. Obama himself admits he used drugs for years.

Truthfully I was just pulling the kind of shit that the conservatives like you are doing on this BB. Post shit to see what will stick.

banyon
09-13-2008, 08:07 PM
But, Obama using drugs isn't made up. Obama himself admits he used drugs for years.

Yes, everyone knows, it's old news.

It's like posting

"HAY YOU GUYS KNOW THAT MCCAIN DIVORCED HIS FIRST WIFE AND CHEATED ON HER WHILE SHE WAS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL?"

Logical
09-13-2008, 08:11 PM
But, Obama using drugs isn't made up. Obama himself admits he used drugs for years.Dude I read the book, so f*cking what. I did drugs when I was young and admitted it when I got my security clearance and I have had various levels of security clearance over the years. It is irrelevant because he was honest about it.

ROYC75
09-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Obama admitted trying cocaine ..........:doh!:

So what ....... Really, as a kid, he was young, naive,irresponsible Trial and error, live and learn ...........

This is really a non issue folks. That all went out the window during the Clinton elections. The voters showed then that things you do as a kid growing up show not hinder your decision making abilities now.

Now if he was still doing it ....... then it's a problem.

People need to let this one go ........

penchief
09-13-2008, 11:28 PM

What proof do you have the Bush using drugs is made up?

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 11:32 AM
You live in Okiehoma right? McCain is leading by 32 points there. Well, at least your vote will count up on the total Margin of Victory there.

O.K. Clem?

Send you a ticket for what?

CHIEF4EVER
09-15-2008, 04:07 AM
So Obama snorted coke. Whoopdefreakindoo. So has Bush and a lot of other people whether connected to politics or just the average schmo on the street. I could give a shit if he previously did lines so big it looked like he spilled a bottle of baby powder on the hallway mirror. Whether or not he still does it is more relevant IMO. I won't vote for him regardless of whether or not he did nose candy but I hardly think prior coke snorting is in any way relevant to his ability to be the Chief Executive.