PDA

View Full Version : Elections More Lies and BS from McCain-surprise

chiefforlife
09-13-2008, 11:23 AM
The guy just outright lies. What a great strategy?

September 13, 2008
McCain ad slams Obama, Senate Democrats on immigration
Posted: 09:49 AM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand
New McCain ad blames Obama and Democrats for death of immigration overhaul effort.
New McCain ad blames Obama and Democrats for death of immigration overhaul effort.

(CNN) – John McCain’s campaign is running a Spanish language ad in battleground states that blames Barack Obama and Senate Democrats for the failure of attempts to overhaul the nation’s immigration laws — even though the Republican nominee and his Democratic counterpart cast identical votes in the key Senate showdowns on that issue last year

“Obama and his congressional allies say they are on the side of immigrants. But are they?” asks the announcer in the 30-second spot, “Which Side Are They On?”

“The press reports that their efforts were 'poison pills' that made immigration reform fail,” he continues. “The result: No guest worker program. No path to citizenship. No secure borders. No reform. Is that being on our side? Obama and his Congressional allies ready to block immigration reform, but not ready to lead.”

But Obama and McCain cast identical votes in the major congressional showdowns on the issue last year. Both men cast votes in favor of an unsuccessful early June effort to end a filibuster. Later that month, they voted again to end debate on the issue – but again failed to shut down the filibuster effort, led for the most part by Republican senators.

The ad will air in Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada, all crucial fall states with significant Hispanic voting populations.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Reaper16
09-13-2008, 11:25 AM
They won't be running that ad in English; it'd piss off the conservative base too much.

chiefforlife
09-13-2008, 11:27 AM
I guess they are hoping Spanish speaking people are to dumb to realize the truth. Hispanics should be insulted.

Calcountry
09-13-2008, 11:31 AM
vamos america, es mas bien. Mucho trabahando alli.

Reaper16
09-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I guess they are hoping Spanish speaking people are to dumb to realize the truth. Hispanics should be insulted.
Their entire campaign is hoping that everyone can't separate truth from distortion.

PRIEST
09-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Straight talk my azz ,has McCain lost his mind with all these lies not distortions lies:grr:

Programmer
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Straight talk my azz ,has McCain lost his mind with all these lies not distortions lies:grr:

Both voted no on the same bills. Why was their no vote cast?

Without knowing first hand, and it just might be the McCain staff do know, how can you say that they have the same stand?

Obama might have voted against it because it didn't give wide enough acceptance to the ILLEGALS.

McCain might have voted against it because ti gave too much lattitude in the acceptance of the ILLEGALS.

Or vice versa.

You don't know, none of us know.

chiefforlife
09-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Without knowing first hand, and it just might be the McCain staff do know, how can you say that they have the same stand?

Obama might have voted against it because it didn't give wide enough acceptance to the ILLEGALS.

McCain might have voted against it because ti gave too much lattitude in the acceptance of the ILLEGALS.

Or vice versa.

That doesnt matter. The fact is McCain is saying to Hispanics, look Obama voted No on this. When he voted the same way.

banyon
09-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Or vice versa.

McCain was the SPONSOR of the amnesty bill you dumba**.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 12:11 PM

And he voted against it? Right.

The line here, dumbass, was that they both voted the same on all of the bills and it was against the bills.

You are one ****ed up individual.

kstater
09-13-2008, 12:11 PM

Minor detail, not important.

whatsmynameagain
09-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Their entire campaign is hoping that everyone can't separate truth from distortion.

Yeah right, what about the last 2 elections? ROFL

whatsmynameagain
09-13-2008, 12:16 PM

Or vice versa.

:clap: Heres your chance to go green and recycle that tin foil hat of yours. ROFL

banyon
09-13-2008, 12:18 PM

The line here, dumbass, was that they both voted the same on all of the bills and it was against the bills.

Uh, to refresh your failing memory you said this:

And this is a stupid thing to say when there is NOTHING in McCain's voting record to indicate that he would vote that way. To the contrary, he has been one of the biggest proponents for Amnesty of anyone in Congress.

How much effort does it take for you to be this retarded?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2008, 12:22 PM
The more and more he lies, the less empathy I have for his time in Vietnam.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM

And this is a stupid thing to say when there is NOTHING in McCain's voting record to indicate that he would vote that way. To the contrary, he has been one of the biggest proponents for Amnesty of anyone in Congress.

Damn, you are illiterate. But I expect you to take everything out of context so continue with your rant and name calling.

The same amount of effort it takes for you to be this retarded.

You can only see one side of the issue. The comment I was addressing said that both McCain and Obama voted the same on each and every immigration bill. Why would they do that in the first place and secondly if they did what part of the bill was it they were voting against or for?

It's also very convenient that the post that stated both voted no on the bills was deleted. I'm sure that you had nothing to do with that ...

Programmer
09-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Minor detail, not important.

Another dipshit that can't follow the thread.

banyon
09-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Damn, you are illiterate. But I expect you to take everything out of context so continue with your rant and name calling.

The same amount of effort it takes for you to be this retarded.

You can only see one side of the issue. The comment I was addressing said that both McCain and Obama voted the same on each and every immigration bill. Why would they do that in the first place and secondly if they did what part of the bill was it they were voting against or for?

It's also very convenient that the post that stated both voted no on the bills was deleted. I'm sure that you had nothing to do with that ...

No retard. You speculated that McCain might've thought that bill was not tough enough on illegals. That was retarded based on his entire legislative record, as well as these quotes:

FactCheck: Yes, he has used the word "amnesty" in the past
While debating whether McCain supported amnesty, Romney said, "I don't describe your plan as amnesty in my ad." McCain denied ever favoring amnesty, saying, "Let me just say I've never supported amnesty."
McCain is right when he says that his bill required penalties to be paid by illegals trying to adjust their status, while dictionaries define "amnesty" as a pardon. But he himself has in the past used the "a" word to describe what he had in mind:

May 29, 2003 interview: "Amnesty has to be an important part because there are people who have lived in this country for 20, 30 or 40 years, who have raised children here and pay taxes here and are not citizens."
Dec. 15, 2000 press release: "I support the Latino and Immigrant Fairness Act (LIFA). Negotiations between the White House and the leadership, which endorsed more limited immigration reform, have resulted in a compromise.... this bill makes meaningful but insufficient progress on amnesty for those wrongly denied

Programmer
09-13-2008, 12:46 PM
No retard. You speculated that McCain might've thought that bill was not tough enough on illegals. That was retarded based on his entire legislative record, as well as these quotes:

While debating whether McCain supported amnesty, Romney said, "I don't describe your plan as amnesty in my ad." McCain denied ever favoring amnesty, saying, "Let me just say I've never supported amnesty."
McCain is right when he says that his bill required penalties to be paid by illegals trying to adjust their status, while dictionaries define "amnesty" as a pardon. But he himself has in the past used the "a" word to describe what he had in mind:

May 29, 2003 interview: "Amnesty has to be an important part because there are people who have lived in this country for 20, 30 or 40 years, who have raised children here and pay taxes here and are not citizens."
Dec. 15, 2000 press release: "I support the Latino and Immigrant Fairness Act (LIFA). Negotiations between the White House and the leadership, which endorsed more limited immigration reform, have resulted in a compromise.... this bill makes meaningful but insufficient progress on amnesty for those wrongly denied

HEY YOU ****ING RETARD!

I was referring to the "bills" that a poster said both voted no on. You are the one that singled out a bill that McCain authored.

Which part of paying attention to detail did you miss? If you are this good at your job you might want to go back to school and find a class that teaches you to stay in context and be a little more detail oriented.

banyon
09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
HEY YOU ****ING RETARD!

I was referring to the "bills" that a poster said both voted no on. You are the one that singled out a bill that McCain authored.

Which part of paying attention to detail did you miss? If you are this good at your job you might want to go back to school and find a class that teaches you to stay in context and be a little more detail oriented.

F*cktard.

You are the one who said this:

So, EXPLAIN WHY YOU THINK THAT'S A REAL POSSIBLITY given his voting record and the quotes I showed. I really can't say it any slower or more simply for your addled brain to register.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 01:44 PM
F*cktard.

So, EXPLAIN WHY YOU THINK THAT'S A REAL POSSIBLITY given his voting record and the quotes I showed. I really can't say it any slower or more simply for your addled brain to register.

You do know that you are a ****ing idiot, right?

You seem to still have the impression that you actually know what was said, it's obvious that you went off on a tangent and are moving from one point of reference to another and wanting me to validate your ignorance. Not going to happen you validate your ignorance every time you post.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Your mother should have taken a coat hanger to you.

Nice. I'm sure your mother tried it on you and ****ed it up.

banyon
09-13-2008, 02:20 PM
You do know that you are a ****ing idiot, right?

You seem to still have the impression that you actually know what was said, it's obvious that you went off on a tangent and are moving from one point of reference to another and wanting me to validate your ignorance. Not going to happen you validate your ignorance every time you post.

What was said on that occasion and that particular vote has nothing to do with the point i was making, namely that you trying to ascribe these tough illegal immigration policies by a wish to McCain is patently ridiculous given his lengthy senate record on the matter and his sponsorship of the biggest amnesty bill in 20 years.

Not that I'd expect you to understand any of this, even after I tried to spell it out as slowly as possible for you.

You are easily the most pathetic individual I have encountered on or off line, and that includes the meth-heads I have sent to prison.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 02:22 PM
What was said on that occasion and that particular vote has nothing to do with the point i was making, namely that you trying to ascribe these tough illegal immigration policies by a wish to McCain is patently ridiculous given his lengthy senate record on the matter and his sponsorship of the biggest amnesty bill in 20 years.

Not that I'd expect you to understand any of this, even after I tried to spell it out as slowly as possible for you.

You are easily the most pathetic individual I have encountered on or off line, and that includes the meth-heads I have sent to prison.

So, why is it that you hate me so much why is it that you haven't put me on ignore?

I find you an arrogant ass that seems to feel superior to everyone that you don't agree with.

Go with that feeling, one day you will most likely be put in your proper place, you should just hope it not in the same cell of the meth-heads you put there.

banyon
09-13-2008, 02:26 PM
So, why is it that you hate me so much why is it that you haven't put me on ignore?

I find you an arrogant ass that seems to feel superior to everyone that you don't agree with.

Go with that feeling, one day you will most likely be put in your proper place, you should just hope it not in the same cell of the meth-heads you put there.

Hate and pity are very different things.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 02:36 PM

I'm surprised you have a clue. You hate and pity together? I doubt it.

Your hatred if upfront in virtually everything you post in response to what I post.

I pity you more than you will ever know.

banyon
09-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm surprised you have a clue. You hate and pity together? I doubt it.

Your hatred if upfront in virtually everything you post in response to what I post.

I pity you more than you will ever know.

Ah, "I know you are but what am I?"

Outstanding. There's truly no retort for that. Congratulations on ending yet another thread where people started out discussing things and it wound up being a 5th grade insult match all about you.

chiefforlife
09-13-2008, 02:40 PM
It seems every thread ends up like this lately.

patteeu
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Boy cries wolf again. No wolf to be found.

There were no lies here. McCain didn't say that Obama's votes were different. He said that democrats forced poison pills into the legislation to prevent it from getting the support it needed to pass.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:11 PM

Outstanding. There's truly no retort for that. Congratulations on ending yet another thread where people started out discussing things and it wound up being a 5th grade insult match all about you.

Hey Buckwheat, you attacked me first as you always do. You take exception to anything I say. I'd say, just off hand that you are obsessed with a conservative that doesnt' put up with your liberal shit.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM

F*cktard.

It seems every thread ends up like this lately.

All of the banyon posts are based on a response I made to another posters comment.

I may not say all the right things for liberals to like, but banyon is the typical instigator of the shit slinging.

Logical
09-13-2008, 08:18 PM
They won't be running that ad in English; it'd piss off the conservative base too much.Michael Savage is probably apoplectic with indignation right now.

Logical
09-13-2008, 08:22 PM

Tom stop you are really wrong this time. See link

Kennedy-McCain Amnesty Plan Falls Flat (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/1/25/131758.shtml)

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Tom stop you are really wrong this time. See link

Kennedy-McCain Amnesty Plan Falls Flat (http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/1/25/131758.shtml)

Jim, once again I will tell you that I was responding to a comment by another poster. I didn't come up with the comment you are attributing to me.

However, I don't really give a shit.

Logical
09-13-2008, 08:25 PM

POW POW it excuses all, wait till he has his hand on the nukes, you f*cking communist.ROFL

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:27 PM
POW POW it excuses all, wait till he has his hand on the nukes, you f*cking communist.ROFL

It would be nice if you guys had the option of using common sense.

I guess that's too much to ask.

Logical
09-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Jim, once again I will tell you that I was responding to a comment by another poster. I didn't come up with the comment you are attributing to me.

However, I don't really give a shit.Good for you, because Banyon is correct and you really look dumb, dumber than normal in fact. Hell this is make recxjake look brilliant dumb.

Programmer
09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Good for you, because Banyon is correct and you really look dumb, dumber than normal in fact. Hell this is make recxjake look brilliant dumb.

banyon didn't even stay with the basic concept of the post, he diverted virtually the whole context for his point, not what was originally posted. The best part is the post I was referring to with my first comment was conveniently deleted.

I may be an ass at times, but banyon is an ass all the time.

Logical
09-13-2008, 08:57 PM
banyon didn't even stay with the basic concept of the post, he diverted virtually the whole context for his point, not what was originally posted. The best part is the post I was referring to with my first comment was conveniently deleted.

I may be an ass at times, but banyon is an ass all the time. I doubt you will find many that will agree with you. He is one of the fine posters around here with mucho respect from the others.