PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink anybody got a good Polish sausage recipe?

AustinChief
09-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I planned on baking/broiling some polish sausage tonight and need a good recipe. I used to have a good one that was with apples, brown sugar and honey... but can't seem to find it.

Anybody know of any similar?

Simply Red
09-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Man, not really off the top of my head. We used to buy some around the K.C. Mkt. But no, not really man. You may just eighth it and bake it off and serve it w/ a kick-ass mustard variety, like: chili-mustard, Jalepeno-mustard, honey-mustard, etc, etc...

There's not a lot of options to my knowledge, bud. If you have time I have a kick ass Ruben-dip recipe served w/ those mini-rye's....

Sorry man...

Simply Red
09-13-2008, 06:02 PM
just put it in the smoker. / Phobia

kstater
09-13-2008, 06:04 PM
It's out there, but I used to put a tin pan on the grill, add sausage Sauerkraut, and a couple cans of beer and let it cook on the grill.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-13-2008, 06:08 PM
This thread has potential.

Lonewolf Ed
09-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I like to put them in a pot with a darker beer such as an Octoberfest, add coarse black pepper, cayenne pepper, mustard seed, ground thyme, sea salt, and garlic powder and bring it to a low boil, then simmer it for 20 minutes. I serve them on whole grain bread with spicy mustard. Sauerkraut can go into the pot as well, if you like.

PastorMikH
09-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Start off with pork cuts and grind them up along with the apples. Add in your brown sugar, honey, a bit of ground pepper, salt, and if you like spicey, some ceyenne and mix everything up really good. Now, take the "casing" you saved fromt the butchering - make sure you turn the "casing" inside out and wash it really good then turn it back to right side out, and stuff the sausage mix into the "casing" at whatever legnths you prefer, twist the sausage and casings 6-8 times, stuff more, twist and so on until you have them all done then cut the twists between sausage links. Place on grill and cook.

That what you were looking for?

:)

AustinChief
09-13-2008, 07:41 PM
OK here is what I did...

I decided to wing it and make up the recipe...

First I sliced up an apple and layered the bottom of a baking dish.
Next, mixed honey, lime juice and a dash of pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and then drizzled over the apples.

Put this in the over at 300 for 15 minutes...

While that was going I sliced up 4 polish sausage links and put in a skillet on high heat with a bunch of sherry and butter.
Once that boiled, I removed it and poured the sausage over the apples and let bake for 30 more minutes.

For your approval...

Fish
09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Damn that looks delicious......

Cjanz
09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeah man, I do.

Bill Parcells
09-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Candy'd Kielbasi? that looks pretty good..only in Texas

bishop_74
09-13-2008, 10:37 PM
I was thinking this was the wrong place to ask a question like that. Disappointed you didn't get one inappropriate response.

boogblaster
09-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Wrap ur sausage in a hot-wet virgin slow cook till screaming hot.. remove and wash ... unless she wants to eat it ....

Simply Red
09-13-2008, 11:03 PM
relatively clever and crafty.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-14-2008, 12:28 AM
I was thinking this was the wrong place to ask a question like that. Disappointed you didn't get one inappropriate response.

1 part Flopnuts, 2 parts your mouth = a creamy and succulent dish that will leave you wanting more.

Better?

blueballs
09-14-2008, 12:31 AM
If you have ever thrown up hotdogs...

bishop_74
09-16-2008, 08:05 PM
1 part Flopnuts, 2 parts your mouth = a creamy and succulent dish that will leave you wanting more.

Better?

Thanks for that...