PDA

View Full Version : Elections John McCain gets his ass kicked by The View

jAZ
09-13-2008, 10:48 PM
The media should be shamed by the fact that The View is the only one willing to call John McCain on his BS.

Kudos to them.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lST-VU9bgPY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lST-VU9bgPY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bkkcoh
09-13-2008, 10:52 PM
and when is the press going to call Obama to the carpet for the BS he spews forth.

Captain Obvious
09-13-2008, 10:57 PM
and when is the press going to call Obama to the carpet for the BS he spews forth.

I doubt they do because that would make the carpet really messy. You didn't think that through now, did ya?

HolmeZz
09-13-2008, 11:02 PM

Deflect much?

Taco John
09-13-2008, 11:03 PM
The View, Jaz?

Really?

HolmeZz
09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
The View, Jaz?

Really?

I'd agree, except they did actually grill him more than the press has bothered to.

Logical
09-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Is John McCain senile because he cannot believe a VP is going to change Washington, or the parties. I had not heard him say this in a forum where I thought he might believe it until now. Dude is seriously whack.

ROYC75
09-13-2008, 11:13 PM
The View ........ROFLROFLROFL

If I recall, all of them are left wing going thru the change of life wacky liberals except Hasselback.

Sheesh .......going on that show was a political nightmare, what was it, 4 against 1, until his wife stepped onto the set ? Didn't they cut him off every time he tried to speak, always interrupting him ?

I haven't watched it, just a few clips ...... anybody have a link to the whole segment ?

RINGLEADER
The media should be shamed by the fact that The View is the only one willing to call John McCain on his BS.

Kudos to them.

I'd really agree with you to a large extent if Whoopi hadn't made the stupid slave comment that seems to be the most reported aspect of the interview. The fact that the hard-left can't contain themselves (or their hatred for Republicans) always ends up making their opinions seem more radical than the people (in this case McCain) that they question. Despite the media's full-court press to get Obama elected it doesn't seem to be having much of an effect. But who knows, maybe the cumulative effect will bring McCain down.

jAZ
The View, Jaz?

Really?

Sad huh?

jAZ
09-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Despite the media's full-court press to get Obama elected
Comedy Gold!

ROYC75
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Comedy Gold!

It sure is Comedy Gold that he has fallen , The media, at least in the early going of his campaign was as bias as they could get. It wasn't until the public outcry about it that the media backed off.

It is what it is, it's just one of the many contributing factor Obama has lost his lead in the polls.

HolmeZz
09-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Fair and Balanced Roy! Just calling it like he sees it!

RINGLEADER
09-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Comedy Gold!

I'd find a lot of humor in it too if the institutional media of this country weren't blaring page one headlines about things that they then have to retract days later.

Mecca
09-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow he looks like a moron in that clip.

SNR
09-13-2008, 11:32 PM
The View is surprisingly hostile to candidates. In one episode, (the older one who wasn't Barbara Walters) talked about how she loved Ron Paul in the debates, and when he was invited on the show, all they did was itch their vaginas about their right to abortion.

That one black woman on the show who's not Whoopi, btw, is DUMB :eek:

Mecca
09-13-2008, 11:34 PM
You can say they're hostile all you want the truth is they made him look pretty bad...especially when he tried to defend his shitty ads.

ChiTown
09-13-2008, 11:34 PM

Kudos to them.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lST-VU9bgPY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lST-VU9bgPY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL....at you. That's calling McCain on his BS? A bunch of cackling women with an agenda? Geezus.

SNR
09-13-2008, 11:43 PM
You can say they're hostile all you want the truth is they made him look pretty bad...especially when he tried to defend his shitty ads."All I want"? I can say they're hostile all I want? You mean like ONCE? :spock:

Dude, this is why people hate talking football with you is because you act like somebody takes an extreme everytime. For instance, "Croyle looked good in the 1st quarter against the Patriots" instantly turns into "We shouldn't draft a QB next year".

All I said was the View having guests on the show and then asking them tough questions isn't a new thing. They do it all the time.

irishjayhawk
09-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Sorry, I can't respect anyone on the View after the "world is flat" and "creationism" debacles.

BigRock
09-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I'd really agree with you to a large extent if Whoopi hadn't made the stupid slave comment that seems to be the most reported aspect of the interview.

Can you imagine how much sooner slavery would have ended if Whoopi Goldberg had actually been around back then? Instead of singing old spirituals and whatnot, she probably would have been doing her stand-up routine in the fields. And plantation owners would have picked their own cotton rather than listen to it.

Logical
09-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Can you imagine how much sooner slavery would have ended if Whoopi Goldberg had actually been around back then? Instead of singing old spirituals and whatnot, she would have been doing her stand-up routine in the fields. And plantation owners would have decided to pick their own cotton rather than listen to it.
I understand why don't like her for her politics but Whoopi is a brilliant comedien. If you never had the chance to see her in a full stand-up routine that is your loss.

DeezNutz
09-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I understand why don't like her for her politics but Whoopi is a brilliant comedien. If you never had the chance to see her in a full stand-up routine that is your loss.

Also a very talented actress.

RJ
09-14-2008, 12:15 AM
I always hear about the view but have never seen the show. From what I've been able to gather it features obnoxious women from both sides of the political aisle who yell at each other. When they yell loud enough it is reported on the interweb.

Am I missing anything?

BigRock
09-14-2008, 12:16 AM

Whoopi Goldberg is to comedy what Bill Goldberg is to comedy.

irishjayhawk
09-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Okay, I watched it. McCain can't handle the View grilling him? Seriously?

He didn't really say anything in the whole deal. Except that selling an airplane constitutes experience.

irishjayhawk
09-14-2008, 12:18 AM
I always hear about the view but have never seen the show. From what I've been able to gather it features obnoxious women from both sides of the political aisle who yell at each other. When they yell loud enough it is reported on the interweb.

Am I missing anything?

Yes. When they say the "earth is flat" and seriously believe it, you hear about it.

RJ
09-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes. When they say the "earth is flat" and seriously believe it, you hear about it.

Did that really happen?

irishjayhawk
09-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Did that really happen?

Yes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNC117UYsHs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNC117UYsHs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 12:33 AM

She is brilliant. As a performer and a person. My point is that McCain would have taken more of a beating on his answers if the headline wasn't about Whoopi asking if she'll be a slave if he's elected.

RJ
09-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Yes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNC117UYsHs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNC117UYsHs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, that's very funny. But why is that crap on television and who the f*** are those women?

I am thinking lately that many of my opinions are invalidated due to my lack of awareness of popular culture. That video reinforces my view.

irishjayhawk
09-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Wow, that's very funny. But why is that crap on television and who the f*** are those women?

I am thinking lately that many of my opinions are invalidated due to my lack of awareness of popular culture. That video reinforces my view.

This crap is on television because people are that dumb. They relate to it.

I know, it's unbelievable.

RJ
09-14-2008, 12:44 AM
This crap is on television because people are that dumb. They relate to it.

I know, it's unbelievable.

I had no idea. Thanks for sharing.

irishjayhawk
09-14-2008, 12:51 AM
I had no idea. Thanks for sharing.

:D

Mr Luzcious
09-14-2008, 12:53 AM

Hm. I couldn't make it all the way through the video.

Logical
09-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Yes.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LNC117UYsHs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>Hell I am now less for having spent those 2:34 seconds. How do people watch that all the time with the constant interuptions of each other. Let alone stupidity such as that displayed. I know it was only a cut so maybe we lost some context, but WTF?

Cannibal
09-14-2008, 02:12 AM
The View, Jaz?

Really?

hahahaha. I'm an Obama guy and I still had to laugh at that.

Oh Snap
09-14-2008, 03:28 AM
barbra walters, whoopi and the other old ugly lady with saggy tits are known liberals. I would classify them as extreme. Obviously, barbra was using a political bias with what she was saying, why McCain continues to go on "the view" is beyond me.

J Diddy
09-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Hell I am now less for having spent those 2:34 seconds. How do people watch that all the time with the constant interuptions of each other. Let alone stupidity such as that displayed. I know it was only a cut so maybe we lost some context, but WTF?

It's an entire woman panel. Alot of women watch it based on that as well as it is an all woman view of perceived women issues. Anyway that's what my wife told me and I ain't gonna watch it to form my own opinion.

BigMeatballDave
09-14-2008, 08:34 AM
If Obama were on that show, they line up to suck him off. Cunts...

memyselfI
09-14-2008, 08:43 AM
If Obama were on that show, they line up to suck him off. **nts...

He has been on the view. There were orgasms on the set and a line to service him. You can see clips on You Tube. I remember when he did the show how ridiculous it was in the fawning over him. Of course they were representative of the media back in March.

Most people will see these women and Whoopie's 'slave' remark and pass them off as mindless. Most people, not OBots obviously.

tiptap
09-14-2008, 08:45 AM
When you look at the gender gap in voting for women, you will note that it breaks to the Democrats. Democrats do tend to be more liberal. Is it surprising then that a show for women should seem reflective of that. And the fact that someone on the panel has a fundamentalist position shouldn't be surprising. It is true that most fundamentalist no longer believe the world is flat, but they do so by opining verses in the Bible that suggest the world is round. But it is not the teachings of the Bible that would lead us to that understanding of the world. It was science and exploration that gave us confidence in a spherical world and the evidence to keep the Bible relevant was produced after it was so very clear to so many people. The Bible was not enlightening to new understanding, it was science. The Bible's interpretation came in response to keep it relevant.

Programmer
09-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Deflect much?

What deflection? They are calling it as it is, you are just too blind to see that your boy is as full of BS as the other boy.

Programmer
09-14-2008, 08:51 AM

Brilliant? Opinioins vary.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
The View, Jaz?

Really?

LOL. Exactly.

Brock
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
I see where Whoopi asked McCain if she should be worried "about being made a slave". I've never been a McCain fan, but it appears to me that this kind of stuff is going to get him elected.

Chiefnj2
09-15-2008, 08:52 AM
If a couple of women from The View can make McCain look like a hack imagine what foreign leaders are going to do to the guy.

kcvet
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM

Kudos to them.

Kudos to him for showing up in the American snake pit !!!!!

kcvet
09-15-2008, 09:01 AM
If a couple of women from The View can make McCain look like a hack imagine what foreign leaders are going to do to the guy.

they'll stare down the barrel of a gun

kcvet
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I see where Whoopi asked McCain if she should be worried "about being made a slave". I've never been a McCain fan, but it appears to me that this kind of stuff is going to get him elected.

liberals are to stupid to know that. that's why they lose elections. that asshole under their nose does it everytime. and Whoopi was named after the famous cushion LMAO:LOL:

Brock
09-15-2008, 09:05 AM
liberals are to stupid to know that. that's why they lose elections. that asshole under their nose does it everytime. and Whoopi was named after the famous cushion LMAO:LOL:

Sorry, I don't talk to retards.

Guru
09-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Serious politics. The View? ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Why did McCain go on that show? Who in his campaign thought that would be a good idea?

kcvet
09-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Sorry, I don't talk to retards.

the door is right over there !!!!!!!!!!

kcvet
09-15-2008, 09:20 AM
barbra walters, whoopi and the other old ugly lady with saggy tits are known liberals. I would classify them as extreme. Obviously, barbra was using a political bias with what she was saying, why McCain continues to go on "the view" is beyond me.

to show America just that. "old ugly lady with saggy tits are known liberals."

Brock
09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
In case you were wondering what the rest of teh political heavyweights thought of McCain.

Lindsay Lohan Lashes Out at Sarah Palin
September 14 2008
Lindsay Lohan isn't happy with Republican vice presidential candidate John McCain's choice of running mate, Sarah Palin.

"I really cannot bite my tongue anymore when it comes to Sarah Palin," the actress, 22, wrote on her MySpace blog Sunday.

"I couldn't be more supportive of a woman in office, but let's face it, it comes down to the person, and their beliefs, male or female," Lohan said.

"I would have liked to have remained impartial, however I am afraid that the 'lipstick on a pig' comments will overshadow the issues and the fact that I believe Barack Obama is the best choice, in this election, for president," she added.

Although Lohan said she feels "it's necessary for me to clarify that I am not against Sarah Palin as a mother or woman", the star believes that Palin -- the Incumbent Governor of Alaska -- isn't ready to run the country.

She said, "I find it quite interesting that a woman who now is running to be second in command of the United States, only 4 years ago had aspirations to be a television anchor, which is probably all she is qualified to be.

"Oh, and... Hint Hint Pali Pal - Don't pose for anymore tabloid covers, you're not a celebrity, you're running for office to represent our, your, my COUNTRY!"

Lohan -- who is rumored to be in a relationship with DJ Samantha Ronson -- also referenced Palin's views on homosexuality.

"Is it a sin to be gay?" Lohan asked. "Should it be a sin to be straight? Or to use birth control? Or to have sex before marriage? Or even to have a child out of wedlock?

"Is our country so divided that the Republicans best hope is a narrow minded, media obsessed homophobe?"

In conclusion, Lohan cited an Associated Press story reporting that Palin's church advocates a conference about prayer curing homosexuality. Wrote Lohan: "Palin's Desire to "save and convert the gays" - really??"

Ronson also chimed in.

"Vote for obama!" Ronson wrote. "Mainly because if she gets elected my green card probably won't get renewed!!!"

vailpass
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
What the hell is The View? Some sort of MTV teenager show? Desperation has an odor all it's own.

kcvet
09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
In case you were wondering what the rest of teh political heavyweights thought of McCain.

September 14 2008
Lindsay Lohan isn't happy with Republican vice presidential candidate John McCain's choice of running mate, Sarah Palin.

"I really cannot bite my tongue anymore when it comes to Sarah Palin," the actress, 22, wrote on her MySpace blog Sunday.

"I couldn't be more supportive of a woman in office, but let's face it, it comes down to the person, and their beliefs, male or female," Lohan said.

"I would have liked to have remained impartial, however I am afraid that the 'lipstick on a pig' comments will overshadow the issues and the fact that I believe Barack Obama is the best choice, in this election, for president," she added.

Although Lohan said she feels "it's necessary for me to clarify that I am not against Sarah Palin as a mother or woman", the star believes that Palin -- the Incumbent Governor of Alaska -- isn't ready to run the country.

She said, "I find it quite interesting that a woman who now is running to be second in command of the United States, only 4 years ago had aspirations to be a television anchor, which is probably all she is qualified to be.

"Oh, and... Hint Hint Pali Pal - Don't pose for anymore tabloid covers, you're not a celebrity, you're running for office to represent our, your, my COUNTRY!"

Lohan -- who is rumored to be in a relationship with DJ Samantha Ronson -- also referenced Palin's views on homosexuality.

"Is it a sin to be gay?" Lohan asked. "Should it be a sin to be straight? Or to use birth control? Or to have sex before marriage? Or even to have a child out of wedlock?

"Is our country so divided that the Republicans best hope is a narrow minded, media obsessed homophobe?"

In conclusion, Lohan cited an Associated Press story reporting that Palin's church advocates a conference about prayer curing homosexuality. Wrote Lohan: "Palin's Desire to "save and convert the gays" - really??"

Ronson also chimed in.

"Vote for obama!" Ronson wrote. "Mainly because if she gets elected my green card probably won't get renewed!!!"

I don't talk to retards

kcvet
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
What the hell is The View? Some sort of MTV teenager show? Desperation has an odor all it's own.

just old has been liberals with no goals left in life. pour the coffee

Mr. Kotter
09-15-2008, 11:41 AM
jAZ.....a fan of "The View."

How utterly, unsurprising. ROFLROFLROFL

Guru
09-15-2008, 12:43 PM

September 14 2008

Ronson also chimed in.

Now we are using quotes from Lindsey Blohan? ROFL

Brock
09-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Now we are using quotes from Lindsey Blohan? ROFL

How is that any worse than Whoopi, Baba and the rest of the kotex mafia?

Warrior5
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM
He has been on the view. There were orgasms on the set and a line to service him. You can see clips on You Tube. I remember when he did the show how ridiculous it was in the fawning over him. Of course they were representative of the media back in March.

Most people will see these women and Whoopie's 'slave' remark and pass them off as mindless. Most people, not OBots obviously.

ROFL

eazyb81
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I can't wait to hear what political pundits such as Kathy Griffen and Rosie O'Donnell have to say.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
jAZ.....a fan of "The View."

How utterly, unsurprising. ROFLROFLROFL

They have Obama's wife on there and they treat her like some kind of goddess then they jack up McCains daughter before they treat him like a POS and jaz thinks these bitches are great? New low for you jaz

kcvet
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM

September 14 2008

Ronson also chimed in.

Lindsay Lohan hmmm oh yeah she's the new DC Maddam..........god

StcChief
09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
They have Obama's wife on there and they treat her like some kind of goddess then they jack up McCains daughter before they treat him like a POS and jaz thinks these bitches are great? New low for you jaz I really have to wonder who has the time/inclination to watch "The View" ....

Brock
09-15-2008, 02:23 PM
I really have to wonder who has the time/inclination to watch "The View" ....

Bored housewives and Jaz.

Guru
09-15-2008, 02:39 PM
How is that any worse than Whoopi, Baba and the rest of the kotex mafia?
Didn't say it was any worse. Just the fact it was being presented was laughable.

Brock
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Didn't say it was any worse. Just the fact it was being presented was laughable.

That was my hope.

J Diddy
09-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I really have to wonder who has the time/inclination to watch "The View" ....

Okay...

Dismiss the show. If it's such a waste of time why did McCain go on there?

StcChief
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Okay...

Dismiss the show. If it's such a waste of time why did McCain go on there?
I guess he thought he would be given a chance to talk and not be interrupted by "The View" panel.... just more biligerent than some of the Sunday morning talk shows or Bill Maher.

If your view is different than ours then FU seems to be their mode.

Carlota69
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I guess he thought he would be given a chance to talk and not be interrupted by "The View" panel.... just more biligerent than some of the Sunday morning talk shows or Bill Maher.

If your view is different than ours then FU seems to be their mode.

Like most shows on Fox News?

Dave Lane
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Whooped by a bunch of hens....

Jeez

Dave

J Diddy
09-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Whooped by a bunch of hens....

Jeez

Dave

fwiw, walters scares me

Programmer
09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Like most shows on Fox News?

I don't watch Fox other than football games, want to list some examples?

Programmer
09-15-2008, 07:46 PM

:rolleyes:

Only the libs feel it's BS. I wonder why that is?