PDA

View Full Version : Elections August $$$

recxjake
09-14-2008, 08:38 AM

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Obama August Total.... $66 Million.... $77 million on hand

McCain August Total... $47 Million... $84 million on hand

Nothing yet on RNC/DNC $$... (anything McCain raises now goes to the RNC)

Read earlier in the week that the DNC pulled in $13m in August. That would make a $79m month for Obama/DNC or $31m short of his adjusted goals. To keep pace with the GOP Obama needed to raise a combined $100m a month between his campaign and the DNC. So far in July and August Obama and the DNC have raised a cumulative $156m. That puts them $44m behind their goals for parity with the GOP and requires them to raise an almost impossible $122m per month in September and October.

I'd say Obama has a problem -- despite the fact that his $66m haul is truly remarkable.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 09:20 AM
The Obama campaign is just awful. Watching his surrogates on Sunday morning shows and they can't seem to get off the fixation of linking McCain with Bush. Don't they realize they've been doing that for four months and it isn't working?

NCarlsCorner2
09-14-2008, 09:25 AM
The Obama campaign is just awful. Watching his surrogates on Sunday morning shows and they can't seem to get off the fixation of linking McCain with Bush. Don't they realize they've been doing that for four months and it isn't working?

McCaskill looked like trailor trash supporting Obama.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 09:31 AM
The Obama campaign is just awful. Watching his surrogates on Sunday morning shows and they can't seem to get off the fixation of linking McCain with Bush. Don't they realize they've been doing that for four months and it isn't working?Welp, you're finally back in full-on retarded RINGLEADER mode.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Welp, you're finally back in full-on retarded RINGLEADER mode.

OK sparky. It's your election to lose.

tiptap
09-14-2008, 09:49 AM
What does that mean. At any time the prospect of getting enough votes to win changes. The plan should be to have the number in November. So its your election to lose as well. And your welcome to coming in second.

whoman69
09-14-2008, 11:39 AM

That's because the Maverick label for McCain is still working. The McCain campaign is doing a good job of keeping the message what they want it to be. I think they still have to push on it because its McCain's biggest weakness. IMO they should also push on his maverick status. How does he stop the partisan gridlock in Washington by moving his message to the right while looking at a minority in Congress.

Direckshun
09-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Are they trying to buy the election, Jake?

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 03:17 PM
What does that mean. At any time the prospect of getting enough votes to win changes. The plan should be to have the number in November. So its your election to lose as well. And your welcome to coming in second.

:shrug:

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 03:21 PM
RNC has 110 million cash on hand... DNC has 17 million

So Mccain has nearly 194 million to spend, Obama has 94 million...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/The_RNCs_cash_advantage.html?showall

I don't think McCain will end up with an advantage but it also won't be the enormous upper-hand that some thought. But it might end up being decisive, who knows. I do think that Obama should get some credit for the spends he made earlier in the primaries where he established a large ground organization. Whether it translates into votes remains to be seen.

But as far as the dollars and cents of the campaign goes Obama is behind where they thought they would be.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
BTW, the Chiefs suck.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 03:48 PM
BTW, the Chiefs suck.Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhard.

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
OK sparky. It's your election to lose.

I thought it was the incumbant parties to lose?

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
I thought it was the incumbant parties to lose?

You're right. Obama should stop what he started doing today (which is to attack McCain head on) and go back to comparing him to Bush and talking about Sarah Palin and how she's terrible and all that.

HonestChieffan
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
McCaskill looked like trailor trash supporting Obama.

Never Changes.