PDA

View Full Version : General Politics "Change We Can Believe In"

NCarlsCorner2
09-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Obama showing that he is desparate has change the slogan to "Change We Need", I guess that way he can continue to lie about McCain.ROFL

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Really? LOL. That'll make a real difference. I'm sure there were dozens of meetings and hundreds of hours spent coming up with that one.

NoLurkerNoMore
09-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Obama showing that he is desparate has change the slogan to "Change We Need", I guess that way he can continue to lie about McCain.ROFL

What I admire about the republican party is that there always set the parameters in the general election. I think one of the big reason Bill Clinton won the election in 1992 was that he set the tone with is the 'economy stupid'. McCain sets the parameter in this election and will probably win.

memyselfI
09-14-2008, 01:02 PM
LOL,

need smacks of desperation. Trying to convince the voters that we 'need' Barack Obama vs. that we can choose to believe in him.

***SPRAYER
09-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Really? LOL. That'll make a real difference. I'm sure there were dozens of meetings and hundreds of hours spent coming up with that one.

Axelrod and the rest of the crew pulled an allnighter.

Direckshun
09-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Obama just happens to be both versions of change.

banyon
09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
You guys understand that this is a reaction to McCain's fake promises of change, right?

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Maybe he should change it to A Leader We Can Believe In.

ohwai

NCarlsCorner2
09-14-2008, 01:22 PM
You guys understand that this is a reaction to McCain's fake promises of change, right?

After the election when Obama is crying, that will be his reaction to the fact that he lost to McCain.ROFL

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 06:16 PM

ohwai

No, can't do that. McCain is clobbering Obama on the leadership question and that might confuse people.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Carter promised change too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ujaix6ya54

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 06:21 PM
This is great stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGhGx5PhDTg&feature=related

jettio
09-14-2008, 06:27 PM
McCain said it best, "It's over, it's over for the special interests."

McCain and Palin are going to reform Washington, DC.

The first step will be a constitutional amendment that will give the vice president the authority to fire Alaskan state troopers at will.

whoman69
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM

So did Bush in 2000 with almost the same exact words that McCain used. Plagarism?

HonestChieffan
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM
New Slogan is "We Should Have Changed"

Logical
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM

ohwai
I have always thought Obama should start a campaign based on

Obama - A Leader we can trust

HonestChieffan
09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Its based currently on "Godda** America"...Obama's chickens have come home to Roost.

NewChief
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
The irony of you whining about Obama's "lies" when Karl ****ING Rove just said that McCain's campaign has crossed over the line in dishonesty is beautiful.

StcChief
09-14-2008, 06:52 PM

I still can't believe I voted for that stupid Peanut farmer. I was just a dumb college kid though, wowed by seeing a candidate.....

maybe that's the pheno here with Bark.

NewChief
09-14-2008, 06:53 PM
This just in: McCain camp unfurls new campaign, "Change We Want!"

I love how the Cons on here are making fun of Obama's change slogan when their candidate has done everything he can to steal it for himself. You guys are hilarious.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
No, can't do that. McCain is clobbering Obama on the leadership question and that might confuse people.Yes, that's why he's running headlong into the CHANGE LOOK EVERYONE I CAN DO CHANGE TOO!!!! bus.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 06:59 PM
The irony of you whining about Obama's "lies" when Karl ****ING Rove just said that McCain's campaign has crossed over the line in dishonesty is beautiful.

Not exactly what he said but if I was an Obama supporter I'd use it.

HolmeZz
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I still can't believe I voted for that stupid Peanut farmer. I was just a dumb college kid though, wowed by seeing a candidate....

As opposed to the amazing intellect you displayed when you twice voted for George W. Bush as an adult.

It sounds more to me like you've just always been awful at picking candidates.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 07:01 PM
McCain alters Obama slogan to his own liking
The Associated Press
Published: June 5, 2008

WASHINGTON: The general election is now in full speed — just check out the competing slogans.

Republican John McCain has transformed rival Barack Obama's slogan of "Change We Can Believe In" into his own line, "A Leader We Can Believe In."

McCain's campaign this week posted the personalized motto on its Web site, http://www.johnmccain.com. The white, bold words are posted on a blue background above red and white stripes — a pattern similar to Obama's campaign logo.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Yes, that's why he's running headlong into the CHANGE LOOK EVERYONE I CAN DO CHANGE TOO!!!! bus.

But you gotta admit he's done a pretty good job of co-opting that line. Politically, it's pretty amazing that a guy who's been in the Senate for three centuries can get anyone to believe he's more for change than the other guy (whoever it is).

Obama has to be asking how the hell this happened.

But there's eons of time left to get more people to think he's more changey than the other guy.

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
This just in: McCain camp unfurls new campaign, "Change We Want!"

I love how the Cons on here are making fun of Obama's change slogan when their candidate has done everything he can to steal it for himself. You guys are hilarious.

Change what after 33 years?
I am a maverick, err I was until I need the votes to be a candidate. I am different.

His VP for a swing vote, whatever to win? She will change the process? As a VP?

Only if she had some respect but she will because she has experience, in sumthing.

ROFL

If you have no clue, take the bases of the winner. Then say change is our base. Most of our voters cant remember.

HolmeZz
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Politically, it's pretty amazing that a guy who's been in the Senate for three centuries can get anyone to believe he's more for change than the other guy (whoever it is).

That says more about the electorate than it does about McCain. And that's the problem.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
But you gotta admit he's done a pretty good job of co-opting that line.What, exactly, has borne that assertion out?

Politically, it's pretty amazing that a guy who's been in the Senate for three centuries can get anyone to believe he's more for change than the other guy (whoever it is).

Obama has to be asking how the hell this happened.Obama and his people are probably more annoyed by the amazement everyone is showing than anything. A message change has had nothing to do with the bounce, and it honestly staggers me that people are so willing to believe it's a BIG. DEAL.

Here's a graph Nate Silver put up on 538 before the conventions got underway:

http://i34.tinypic.com/1264os6.png

Look familiar?

NewChief
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
McCain alters Obama slogan to his own liking
The Associated Press
Published: June 5, 2008

WASHINGTON: The general election is now in full speed just check out the competing slogans.

Republican John McCain has transformed rival Barack Obama's slogan of "Change We Can Believe In" into his own line, "A Leader We Can Believe In."

McCain's campaign this week posted the personalized motto on its Web site, http://www.johnmccain.com. The white, bold words are posted on a blue background above red and white stripes a pattern similar to Obama's campaign logo.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Good lord, I swear my post was in jest. I didn't honestly think that McCain would try to, once again, steal Obama's slogan. Just pathetic. Oh well, maybe if he wins, he can have Obama be his shadow president. He'll just take all of Obama's ideas and alter them slightly, claiming they're his own.

patteeu
09-15-2008, 06:03 AM
I still can't believe I voted for that stupid Peanut farmer. I was just a dumb college kid though, wowed by seeing a candidate.....

maybe that's the pheno here with Bark.

College kids are naturally dumb when it comes to voting for POTUS. Hell, I'm embarrassed to admit that I even voted for a democrat a couple of years after I got out of college.

patteeu
09-15-2008, 06:06 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Good lord, I swear my post was in jest. I didn't honestly think that McCain would try to, once again, steal Obama's slogan. Just pathetic. Oh well, maybe if he wins, he can have Obama be his shadow president. He'll just take all of Obama's ideas and alter them slightly, claiming they're his own.

Is "Change We Can Believe In" really what passes for an idea when it comes to Obama supporters? :p

Programmer
09-15-2008, 06:31 AM

Your opinion is not actually a point of view it's a disbelief that McCain wants to change. You are still married to the
McCain = Bush myth.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 06:33 AM
McCain said it best, "It's over, it's over for the special interests."

McCain and Palin are going to reform Washington, DC.

The first step will be a constitutional amendment that will give the vice president the authority to fire Alaskan state troopers at will.

You are aware that state troopers and other government officials serve at the pleasure of the governor? A governor can dismiss most state employees at their discretion.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 06:34 AM
I have always thought Obama should start a campaign based on

Obama - A Leader we can trust

Everyone that draws breath would know that one is bullshit.

ROYC75
09-15-2008, 11:01 AM

ohwai

I think it is more like ,Obama , A Leader Who Just Changed to Believe His Own Change.......

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 11:39 AM
I think it is more like ,Obama , A Leader Who Just Changed to Believe His Own Change.......Meanwhile, the McCain/Palin platform is:

We're going to throw out those scandalous Republicans who've ****ed this country so badly for the past 8 years! Vote Republican!

tiptap
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
You know when the economy goes south people tend to hunker down. But they will show up to vote. It's the economy, stupid. And the John McCain's war is what bought it.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
And the John McCain's war is what bought it.

John McCain's war? which one is that?

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 12:08 PM
John McCain's war? which one is that?sup

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ieHwOm4ljA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ieHwOm4ljA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tiptap
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
John McCain's war? which one is that?

He is going to win the Iraqi War. I think he must want it badly because he thinks he is going to win that war. All the way to Hell.

ROYC75
09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Meanwhile, the McCain/Palin platform is:

We're going to throw out those scandalous Republicans who've ****ed this country so badly for the past 8 years! Vote Republican!

OK, THIS A KIND OF A MILD RANT, MUST BE THE LIBERALS AND THE STEROIDS I'M ON RIGHT NOW .........:grr::grr:

DEMS : Yep, don't blame us democrats, IT'S THE ******ING REPUBLICANS, it's your president that did this, he's the debil. Even thou we control the house and senate, it's not our fault we voted with him on this. He lead us astray .......:deevee: IT'S NEVER OUR FAULT !!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Liberals : Vote for us, we will take care of you ....If you vote for us, we can raise your taxes, bring on more BIG GOVERNMENT, more social programs to take of care you Americans, we know what is best. It's BIG GOVERNMENT, that's it, Our leader, you see,he hasn't done anything to help the economy in the Senate, but he is all for CHANGE. HE WILL CHANGE US BACK TO big government .You see, he has only voted 95% + liberalism in his whole career .

Wait, Change ? Is that the Change of the last 6 months he has ran, or is it this week, maybe it will change again before the election. You can bet one sure CHANGE, the CHANGE will be the change in your pocket leaving . BIG GOVERNMENT needs your money in order to take care of you.... It's called a sacrifice to Obama, It's Tax and Spend, redistribution of your money to run his BIG GOVERNMENT. DO YOU LIBERALS REALLY BELIEVE IN BIG GOVERNMENT AS YOU PUSH EVERY F***ING ELECTION ?

There is very little tax differences in the 2 candidates plans, providing Obama does cut the taxes on his so called 95 % of Americans. It's small change to the increased taxes you pay at the pumps, cost of living, etc. Most Americans will not benefit from it ...... It's all Smoke and Mirrors, same old democratic B.S. each election, just gift wrapped into a different presentation. We want your money, we want you to do what you want, if you fail because of your irresponsibility, so what, we have your money to help bail you out. You can even live off of us because we will increase social programs and you teach your irresponsibility's to your children, you can be a liberal anyway yous you want, we don't care.

I'll say this much, the democratic party is a whiny bunch, they want BIG GOVERNMENT to bail them out for being irresponsible.

This is the reason I'm a republican and have only voted democrat a few times for a candidate. How much longer is it going to take for the left wing liberal party to grow up ? Stop ******ing whining ....... accept responsibility. All you see out of them is, DON'T BLAME ME, I VOTED DEMOCRAT.

If the left wing liberals, hell for that matter, all the right wing wacko's controlled the WH, House, and Senate for 20+ years, you would see the downfall of the USA. The United States would dissolve just like the USSR did.

HolmeZz
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I'll say this much, the democratic party is a whiny bunch, they want BIG GOVERNMENT to bail them out for being irresponsible.

Roy, the problem is you don't comprehend what's wrong with that statement after the past 8 years. The bailouts you're talking about have been agreed to by this administration and in large part a result of the terrible economic policies of Bush. You're holding onto the same stale talking points of years past. The Republicans are not small government. If that is truly your concern, you would've found another candidate to support instead of just being lazy and going with whoever the Rs trotted out there.

ROYC75
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Roy, the problem is you don't comprehend what's wrong with that statement after the past 8 years. The bailouts you're talking about have been agreed to by this administration and in large part a result of the terrible economic policies of Bush. You're holding onto the same stale talking points of years past. The Republicans are not small government. If that is truly your concern, you would've found another candidate to support instead of just being lazy and going with whoever the Rs trotted out there.

I could be wrong here, but was it not that most democrats said that our deficit is so high due to the wars that are going on ? The 2nd biggest problem is the energy crisis that we Americans allowed ourselves to get into ?

Both parties want the money redistributed, they just have different approaches on how it's done.

ROYC75
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Sorry for the rant, steroids and kids today ......... home because most of the county is still without power from yesterday's storms.

I got into a bunch of poison oak and that shit spread over me like rain coming down....... I'm on my 2nd week of this shit, bout gone, finally