PDA

View Full Version : Other Games ATTN: Serious Goal-Line Blitzers, the Bullpups could be for you!

Nightfyre
09-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Below is a mission statement I drafted for our team. More or less, this is a farm team for the Bulldogs that MTG has. We are ONLY accepting interested people who will be active (or let us know in the event of absence,) boost EVERY season, and buy and upgrade custom gear!

In exchange, for the first season, we are taking a hit and slow-building. Additionally, depending on how many people we get, we will either split time between all players equally (if we get enough interest) or keep our players out on the field the entire game (if we only have one set of players.)

If you are interested, please PM Taklinn in GLB and you will be informed about a position draft to take place at a later date.

Objective:
It is the goal of the Montreal Bullpups to build excellent players and agent loyalty in order to supplement the Burmese Bulldogs with players and agents that fulfill our winning culture.
We will accomplish our goal by slow-building players in our first season and progressing in such a way that we are one league below the Bulldogs.

Winning Culture:
There are a few things that make winners in Goal Line Blitz. The most important ones are boosting every season, custom gear, and active agents.

Progression Goals:
Year 1: Slow-Building
Year 2: Progress to Canada A.
Year 3: Progress to Canada AA. Create new farm team.
Year 4: Slow-Building
Year 5: Progress to Canada AAA. Create new farm team.

The Concept of Slow-Building:
The idea is that you train one attribute while you collect enough SP to 2x soft-cap it at 48.07 (or slightly higher.) At this point you would start training another attribute and once again saving SP. You can either save SP to hit the 3x softcap with the first attribute or save SP to cap a second attribute at the 2x softcap.
It is important to note that in order to get the most out of training that even if you pursue the 3x softcap, you still train the second attribute.
Benefits:
1) Increased weighted attribute value of the character.
How this is achieved: By storing up SP and expending them to soft-cap a skill, you are reaching that soft-cap in the fastest manner possible. This allows your level gains to acheive a higher SP value than they would have previously. For example, as a QB, you always gain .4 in your major attributes for a total of 2 stats gained. However, by maximizing throwing at level 3 or 4, your .4 is now worth .8 SP instead of .4 SP because it would take 2 SP to increase your throwing instead of the 1 SP it would have previously.
2) Increase efficiency of training (though not maximize.)
How this is achieved: By storing SP, you are progressing an attribute faster than if you progressively spent SP into that attribute, allowing you to reach the soft-cap more quickly than otherwise possible.

KCChiefsMan
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm thinking about creating a new player. All of my others are locked up. I was thinking a FB or TE maybe, I boost towards the end of the season and use custom equip. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Nightfyre
09-15-2008, 10:52 PM
@ KCChiefsMan and other Planeteers!
We presently have the following openings, first come first serve:
1x OT
2x DE
1x DT
1x CB
1x FS
1x K
1x P

I'll keep this updated to the best of my ability!

Nightfyre
09-18-2008, 04:01 AM
We now have open spots at the following:
DT
OT
DE
CB
FS