PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Well, Okay Then ...

FAX
09-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Does anyone wish to take the argument that the Herm/Gaily offense is at all effective after this week? This performance is eerily reminiscent of last week's debacle. Of course, this is against the Raiders and at home ... here are the first down plays, so far ...

L.Johnson up the middle for 2 yards.
D.Huard pass incomplete
L.Johnson right tackle for 3 yards
L.Johnson up the middle for no gain
J.Charles right end for 3 yards
L.Johnson up the middle for -1 yards
T.Thigpen pass incomplete
L.Johnson right tackle for 4 yards
T.Thigpen pass incomplete short left
L.Johnson up the middle for 2 yards

That's with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd, of course. The moral of the story is that, if you can't get anything on 1st down, it's a problem for both the offense and the defense. I have tried to be positive, but it's more difficult all the time.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Baby Lee
09-14-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm starting to think my love for this team was born and died with DT.

FAX
09-14-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm starting to think my love for this team was born and died with DT.

Well, it's been a long time since we've had it this bad, Mr. Baby Lee. That's for sure. We are a true laughing stock, now. The Raiders? At home?

FAX

Bearcat
09-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Last week looked like Herm... quick screens and so forth.

This week it looks a little like Gailey, but within the bounds of Herm's conservatism. We're gimmicky, but within a culture of conservative football that's lacking the right players for the gimmicks.

So, like I said in the game thread, we're the Michigan Wolverines. Only worse.

FAX
09-14-2008, 02:19 PM
We have gained 81 yards through 3 quarters. That's total offense. Not just LJ's yards, by the way.

FAX

Baby Lee
09-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Well, it's been a long time since we've had it this bad, Mr. Baby Lee. That's for sure. We are a true laughing stock, now. The Raiders? At home?

FAX

I've moved beyond to disappointment, to honestly not caring how they do.

The fortune of the Chiefs is as interesting to me now as whether the new Color Me Badd album is any good.

Mr Luzcious
09-14-2008, 02:24 PM
I've moved beyond to disappointment, to honestly not caring how they do.

The fortune of the Chiefs is as interesting to me now as whether the new Color Me Badd album is any good.

Go... Packers!

harpes
09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Its easy to get angry as a fan but honestly this is way below what any pro team should perfrom like. Have they forgot they are at arrowhead! No Pride

Baby Lee
09-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Go... Packers!

Nah, just wait until this team looks much different [with diff GM and HC, and all asst at the least], or Marty gets another coaching gig.

Mr Luzcious
09-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Nah, just wait until this team looks much different [with diff GM and HC, and all asst at the least], or Marty gets another coaching gig.

I've always liked the Packers though, it's nice to have another team to watch (and care about) while the Chiefs are under the present management.

dirk digler
09-14-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree Mr. Fax. Herm is the sole reason why the offense is horrid. It has been that way since the day he was hired. We are running the same damn offense as last year but with less motion.

blueballs
09-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Lane Kiffen has a better winning percentage
in Arrowhead than Herm Edwards

FAX
09-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I agree Mr. Fax. Herm is the sole reason why the offense is horrid. It has been that way since the day he was hired. We are running the same damn offense as last year but with less motion.

I don't see how you can argue it any other way, Mr. dirk digler. Herm has officially screwed us beyond recognition and owes us a 4th rounder. He needs to be dunked in moose pee and the posters who gave me a beat down after I complained about last week's offensive playcalling owe me an apology.

FAX

FAX
09-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Its easy to get angry as a fan but honestly this is way below what any pro team should perfrom like. Have they forgot they are at arrowhead! No Pride

Young players or no young players, this kind of performance is utterly inexcusable. One has to wonder when Clarkie steps in to bring some sanity into the conversation. Herm is out of control.

Mitch and Lenny have just agreed that this one was "a double kick to the stomach".

FAX

Baby Lee
09-14-2008, 03:10 PM
The best thing that could happen in the immediate future would be for Gonzo to retire. Don't wait for the end of the season, issue a statement that this is not what he dedicated his career to, nor is it what he wants to be associated with.

Midnight_Vulture
09-14-2008, 03:11 PM
The Raiders had over 300 rushing yards againist us.

USC would easily beat the Chiefs hahahaha.

FAX
09-14-2008, 03:39 PM
The best thing that could happen in the immediate future would be for Gonzo to retire. Don't wait for the end of the season, issue a statement that this is not what he dedicated his career to, nor is it what he wants to be associated with.

Absolutely the best thing he could do for the franchise. No question. Such an announcement would send shock waves throughout Chiefs Nation and, perhaps, serve as the catalyst to decisions that would ultimately end this madness.

FAX

Stewie
09-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Can I tell you that the post game on Metro Sports is laughing? Yes, laughing about this team. I had hope after last week, but we're screwed. My apologies to Mr. FAX for calling him out. We're DOOMED!