PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fans at arrowhead let the team down?

Demonpenz
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I was at the game today and was sorely dissapointed with the fans. I thought they were fire the team up but it looked sad out there. Empty seats...Way to go fans. Give up when the team needs you the most. I guess I am just old school in thinking

kstater
09-14-2008, 03:10 PM
LMAO

thurman merman
what the **** do they have to get excited about?

Mr. Flopnuts
You can always tell a diehard Royals fan when you hear one.

alanm
09-14-2008, 03:11 PM
The team has to meet them halfway. The pile of shit on the field today deserves nothing but contempt. :shake:

grandllama
09-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I have to agree... I was very upset that on the TV it sounded like only 1000 people booing and not 80,000. Clark is never going to get the message when we can put on such an offensive display of ineptitude and only get a whimper of displeasure from the fans in attendance.

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Rebuilding. Get over it.

thurman merman
09-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Rebuilding. Get over it.

this is beyond rebuilding. they aren't even trying.

Demonpenz
09-14-2008, 03:13 PM
at one point pollard looked at our group and was like Trying to get us pumped up and we made eye contact and I said I am trying.. At first I thought it was because I was in a wine and cheese section but everyone was in deer hunting geer and smelled like deer piss so it wasn't that

Bwana
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
:shake:

Hydrae
09-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Listening on the radio I notice how loud the cheering was at the end of the game. I suppose I would cheer if I knew the torture was coming to an end too.

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Rebuilding. Get over it.

I agree with this, but I have read this post 10 times already. I guess it's an excuse to go 0-16, have attendance plummet to 500 fans per game. ??

Demonpenz
09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I saw video's all week on here about the mystique of arrowhead and how we are great fans. I was sorry dissapointed. At a couple points I just turned to the my girlfriend and Said I am sorry I heard it was better than this. Sorely dissapointed in the fans

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2008, 03:17 PM
I agree with this, but I have read this post 10 times already. I guess it's an excuse to go 0-16, have attendance plummet to 500 fans per game. ??

10 times? That's it? You're not trying hard enough.

DT58HOF
09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
I saw video's all week on here about the mystique of arrowhead and how we are great fans. I was sorry dissapointed. At a couple points I just turned to the my girlfriend and Said I am sorry I heard it was better than this. Sorely dissapointed in the fans you can't be a real fan, if you were at Arrowhead and didn't shoot Herm you cannot be a real Chiefs fan!!

Robo-Chachi
09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
How many loses in a row have these fans paid to watch? Are they expected to be on their feet cheering as they watch the 12th straight 3 and out?

triple
09-14-2008, 03:19 PM
what did the attendance look like at the start of the game?

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I saw video's all week on here about the mystique of arrowhead and how we are great fans. I was sorry dissapointed. At a couple points I just turned to the my girlfriend and Said I am sorry I heard it was better than this. Sorely dissapointed in the fans

I agree. Of course, this is how I felt last year too. The stadium was empty at halftime. Pretty awesome fanbase. And then they bitch that they aren't #1 on some ESPN poll for best fans in the league.

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 03:20 PM
what did the attendance look like at the start of the game?

I don't know the numbers, but I saw lots of empty seats. For a home opener against a division rival, it was sad.

triple
09-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't know the numbers, but I saw lots of empty seats. For a home opener against a division rival, it was sad.

was it half full? three quarters?

L.A. Chieffan
09-14-2008, 03:25 PM
PENZ IS RIGHT THOSE FANS ARE FAAKE!!! WE'RE REBUILDING THEY SHOUD GET OVER IT!!!

Agent V
09-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree. Of course, this is how I felt last year too. The stadium was empty at halftime. Pretty awesome fanbase. And then they bitch that they aren't #1 on some ESPN poll for best fans in the league.
What team in the league retains a full crowd in a game like this?

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
What team in the league retains a full crowd in a game like this?

I don't know, but I'm glad I didn't pay $200 to see 30 mins of football.

ping2000
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
They should pay us to watch this shit. Not only do we suck, but we are BORING. The most boring ass team in sports. Plus, I am ****ing tired of screaming my ass off on 3rd and long only to see the efense give up 32 yards and a first down. Blaming the fans? **** that shit.

PastorMikH
09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I think the team let fans down long before the fans started letting the team down.

Al Bundy
09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Well.. it looks like I will be able to buy great Chiefs-Bucs game tickets for way below face value.

Bwana
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Well.. it looks like I will be able to buy great Chiefs-Bucs game tickets for way below face value.

Without question.....

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
what the **** do they have to get excited about?

Home opener against the raiders?

Robo-Chachi
09-14-2008, 03:42 PM

Maybe you can even play a little QB.

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
The team has to meet them halfway. The pile of shit on the field today deserves nothing but contempt. :shake:

And they had ESP to not go today because?

baitism
09-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Our ownership won't get the message until the blackouts start and they are losing money. I say bring it it. This team and organization doesn't deserve the amount of money they are wanting to charge for this "entertainment."

memyselfI
09-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I'd like to know when it became the FANS responsibility to win games in the NFL?

If that is the case they need to unionize or something cuz not only are they SORELY underpaid but they are paying for the right to do their job...

WTF is that???? :spock:

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 03:48 PM
How many loses in a row have these fans paid to watch? Are they expected to be on their feet cheering as they watch the 12th straight 3 and out?

They had to show up to stand up........

Bowser
09-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Demonpenz needs his own Hall of Classics forum.

Bwana
09-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd like to know when it became the FANS responsibility to win games in the NFL?

If that is the case they need to unionize or something cuz not only are they SORELY underpaid but they are paying for the right to do their job...

WTF is that???? :spock:

:eek:

Good God, this is the 2nd post you have made today that I agree with. :spock:
The Apocalypse may be near.

triple
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM

you might try getting arrested, maybe jackson county will start sending people to the game in lieu of jail sentences

DJJasonp
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
The fans of the kc chiefs ...whether they be season ticket holders....casual fans....bandwagoners....

owe the chiefs, players, management, ownership......absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!!

In fact, it's the other way around....taxes, ticket prices, parking, insane costs for beers, etc.....the OWNERSHIP OWE THE CHIEFS FAN (and the city of KC in general) a hell of a lot more.

StcChief
09-14-2008, 04:13 PM
without major shakeup.... Carl and KC can Kiss my hard earned money fall weekend money.... right out the window.

today just sucked very hard. We are now fimly implanted in top 2 worse teams with Rams and Lions their after.

Silock
09-14-2008, 04:14 PM
What I don't understand is why the parking lot was so ****ing full, I had to drive all the way around the damn stadium to get a parking spot, which caused me to miss the first 7 minutes of the first quarter, yet the stands were only half full when I got there.

Spott
09-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Ticket prices have gone up every year since Carl was year, yet fans are expected to pay all that extra money to see Damon *****ing Huard. I don't blame the fans for not showing up.

blueballs
09-14-2008, 04:20 PM
did they cheer
when Huard was declared out for the rest the game

blueballs
09-14-2008, 04:22 PM
it was a nice idea bring a cardboard cut out to fill up an empty seat
you getting half crocked and punching it out was not
though hilarious

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I had a ticket to todays game-glad I sold it. First HO I missed since 1990.

I am just sick of this team. There isn't much to cheer for-well we do have a good punter-lol

BigChief68
09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I was at the game today and was sorely dissapointed with the fans. I thought they were fire the team up but it looked sad out there. Empty seats...Way to go fans. Give up when the team needs you the most. I guess I am just old school in thinking

I am also and will always be a CHIEFS Fan,but I will NOT pay the amount of money they want at a game to go and watch a team that at some times seems like they dont even care. Im not talking just about the players either. That coaching staff is pretty SAD also.We will not win a thing with Carl Peterson as a GM. We need to rebuild from the VERY TOP!! I was also at the game today and the fans were in to it when it mattered.

blueballs
09-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Buy two home game tickets for two games in '08
and Brodie will kill you a 6 point buck or better

Demonpenz
09-14-2008, 05:16 PM
it's maddening because this is a young team that needs the cheers and love the most. We let them down

Robo-Chachi
09-14-2008, 05:19 PM
These aren't our 9-year-old sons, they're grown men playing professional football.

Baby Lee
09-14-2008, 05:22 PM
at one point pollard looked at our group and was like Trying to get us pumped up and we made eye contact and I said I am trying.. At first I thought it was because I was in a wine and cheese section but everyone was in deer hunting geer and smelled like deer piss so it wasn't that

No wonder they lost, they were playing at a disadvantage. Our home games are precious because we get a twelfth man, and this week the twelfth man stayed on his big dumb duff.

You don't just will yourself out of those kinds of holes, not with a sea of apathy washing over you.

Demonpenz
09-14-2008, 05:25 PM
So you are saying we should just turn our backs on them because they are grown men? Nice community we got here. We're number 1 we're number one Honestly it is frightning and embarrassing anymore to live around here. When I was growing up there was a sense of pride in Our town and team. Now people show up and turn their noses up at the people who started build this team and town. No wonder people are leaving, no one takes pride and anything anymore. Standard I guess is to do the same thing for this football team. I don't know if you would even want to raise your dogs let alone children in an envirement this negative and self distructive. You know how we used to do business? With a hand shake and a smile. Now it is like a chore to do the right thing ethically. Makes me sad, mad, and embarrassed.

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 05:27 PM
it's maddening because this is a young team that needs the cheers and love the most. We let them down

Folks left during the 3rd and 4th quarter of games that actually meant something during the 90's. It really isnt anything new. Better seats for the real fans (Mo.) that stood in rain and snow to yell til they were hoarse.

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
These aren't our 9-year-old sons, they're grown men playing professional football.

They just play like 9 year olds. :)

burt
09-14-2008, 05:33 PM
The crowd started out loud....then after so many 3 and outs....well we queted. This team deflated the fans.

Robo-Chachi
09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I just don't think anyone has an obligation to pay money to go watch a team that has lost 11 games in a row. I don't live in KC anymore but when I was in town last year I sat in the rain until the very last second of the Jacksonville game in the pouring rain, and cheered like crazy when we finally scored with about 2 minutes left. But no one owes this organization anything. This organization that came into this game with no real plan. This organization that left over $30 million dollars in their pockets instead of using it to attempt to make this team look like an NFL team.

I don't see how you relate some perceived downturn in civilization with support of a terrible football team.

Oxford
09-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I have to agree... I was very upset that on the TV it sounded like only 1000 people booing and not 80,000. Clark is never going to get the message when we can put on such an offensive display of ineptitude and only get a whimper of displeasure from the fans in attendance.

Just quit showing up.......

Dayze
09-14-2008, 05:42 PM
"well, we had a hard time running the ball; Huard got banged up a bit; and, obviously, the most important thing is the fans weren't loud & let us down. They need to come in on Monday and review some film" / Herm

Demonpenz
09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
"well, we had a hard time running the ball; Huard got banged up a bit; and, obviously, the most important thing is the fans weren't loud & let us down. They need to come in on Monday and review some film" / Herm

agree completely rep!

Dayze
09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
agree completely rep!

:p

Al Bundy
09-14-2008, 05:47 PM
So you are saying we should just turn our backs on them because they are grown men? Nice community we got here. We're number 1 we're number one Honestly it is frightning and embarrassing anymore to live around here. When I was growing up there was a sense of pride in Our town and team. Now people show up and turn their noses up at the people who started build this team and town. No wonder people are leaving, no one takes pride and anything anymore. Standard I guess is to do the same thing for this football team. I don't know if you would even want to raise your dogs let alone children in an envirement this negative and self distructive. You know how we used to do business? With a hand shake and a smile. Now it is like a chore to do the right thing ethically. Makes me sad, mad, and embarrassed.

I don't know if you are kidding or what.. but if you aren't kidding, Carl loves people like you. The city of Kansas City has a positive vibe to it, but just because the football team stinks, the head coach lies and the dictator is a bumbling idiot when it comes to football and people don't cheer the team shouldn't have such an adverse effect on your outlook of the city.

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 05:50 PM
It has ALWAYS been about money with the Hunts-not winning. the King brings in the $$$-so will stay long enough for leisure suits to be fashionable again.

harpes
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Real fan would have ran on the field and whipped Herms ass.

RedNeckRaider
09-14-2008, 05:58 PM
When I was growing up there was a sense of pride in Our town and team. Now people show up and turn their noses up at the people who started build this team and town.

How old are you? just wondering? I have been around the midwest for many years. You must have grown up in the very late 80s and the 90s.

HonestChieffan
09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
I was there. So were a ton of other fans. The fans didnt let down, Herm and Carl and this group of losers let down. How can anyone see us with any wins.

CoMoChief
09-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Cheering the players isn't going to help this team the way things are going.

In fact I don't think anything at all can help this team at this point.

CoMoChief
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I was there. So were a ton of other fans. The fans didnt let down, Herm and Carl and this group of losers let down. How can anyone see us with any wins.

Because Croyle will lead us to a win. He gives us the best chance to win. We need to see if he's the future or not...........ROFL

Deberg_1990
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Its the same in any pro sports city.

Fans cheer and support winners

Fans boo and mock losers. KC is no different.

kstater
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
It's always funny to see the reaction to Demonpenz's threads.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Its the same in any pro sports city.

Fans cheer and support winners

Fan boo and mock losers. KC is no different.

Yep, any fanbase would be on a downer after what we've had to witness.

Otter
09-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry Demon but management let this team down, not the fans. What you're seeing is collateral damage from that ****ing loser known as Peterson.

suds79
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM

You must be old school.

CP appreciates your continuing support of the Chiefs though.

They have to earn our respect. It's not given.

Guru
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Listening on the radio I notice how loud the cheering was at the end of the game. I suppose I would cheer if I knew the torture was coming to an end too.
Hell, that was when the inept offense actually started to move downfield. There was a reason to cheer. They looked like complete shit for 3 Qtrs. The fans tried to be loud. The team didn't respond.

Guru
09-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry Demon but management let this team down, not the fans. What you're seeing is collateral damage from that ****ing loser known as Peterson.
A ****ing MEN to that.:cuss:

gblowfish
09-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Demonpenz is Rufus Dawes Love Child.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2008, 06:52 PM
how lame to blame the fans......Peterson is that you?

kstater
09-14-2008, 06:54 PM
http://www.sadcom.com/chincoteague/fishing.gif

BigChief68
09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Real fan would have ran on the field and whipped Herms ass.

Totally agree...........ROFL

bogey
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
**** em. Fire them all! Fire the fans! **** them all!

DJ's left nut
09-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Ticket prices have gone up every year since Carl was year, yet fans are expected to pay all that extra money to see Damon *****ing Huard. I don't blame the fans for not showing up.

Don't forget the massive amounts of unused cap space.

Once the front office decided that it wasn't even prudent to restructure contracts to take advantage of the space...all while raising beer, parking and ticket prices, I was out.

Win or lose, there's no excuse for complacency and that's what we have.

It's the fans that show up that do this org. a disservice. The Hunts know one thing only: Money. Exercise your dollar vote and stay home. Show your displeasure, you'll be doing the team a HUGE favor in the long run.

Whosurdaddy
09-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I usually watch the games with my dad and brother, and this weekend my dad actually stood up and walked to the garage and said, "The Chiefs Suck". I asked him where he was going and he said he wanted to finish mowing the lawn instead of watching a bunch of bums pretending to be prepared to play the raiders. That says a lot about where we are IMO...

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Why would you pay to watch that?

bogey
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I have been a homer for years, no more. **** them all! i am embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. I've never actually been embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. **** the hunts, **** carl, **** herm!

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I have been a homer for years, no more. **** them all! i am embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. I've never actually been embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. **** the hunts, **** carl, **** herm!

How do you really feel bogey?

KC Tattoo
09-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Was at game, yelled my ass off on defense quiet for the offense. Highlight of the day was my steak in the parking lot was good, other than that I got nothing. We lost to the GD RAIDERS! WE SUCK! Reallity check we suck. I love this team I will allways love this team and pray for the best in the near future. The future is long ways away I think unfortunatly:(

I don't spend money for the Hunts or Carl Peterson. I spend my money on my beloved Chiefs win or lose. We lost to the Raiders suppose to be the worst team in the NFL that makes us the worse team in the NFL. Unforgiveable IMO.

I booed Herm Edwards & LJ. Very flustraited Chiefs fan, hope we can clean house and move on.

Nzoner
09-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I remember when I gave up on the team and management financially,it was the December right before they hired Herm and when I heard of the signing I knew this day and time was coming.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it a thousand times over,come to my gameroom and even try and question my love for this team and do not point your finger at me for not going out and plopping my hard earned cash down on this shit.I am a customer as well as a fan and when the customer is unhappy with the product it's well within their right to say no to getting their money.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Rebuilding. Get over it.

You are like a broken record. We've been rebuilding for going on three years now. You expect a team to progress not digress.

There isn't any indication the team is getting better. You know why that is? There isn't anyone reinforcing the team attitude they need. The HC is probably the quickest to throw someone under the bus.

Hermcuff is the only common denominator to the implosion of the offense that Al Saunders left behind. He first said the offense was OK so he wasnt' going to mess with it. He lied outright. He limited the plays. The second year he limited the offense even more. This year he introduced Chan Gailey and Gailey commented about getting the ball down field more, 15 seconds after Gailey was done Hermcuff stated "We passed the ball too much last year". Instead of 150 different pass plays in the play book it's been reported that we have less than 30 pass plays in the book.

You don't rebuild by taking away things that work. You don't rebuild with an iron fist manufactured in the 1950's.

It's the 21st century and the face of the NFL has changed, Hermcuff has not.

Rebuilding my ass.

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 04:02 PM
You are like a broken record. We've been rebuilding for going on three years now. You expect a team to progress not digress.

There isn't any indication the team is getting better. You know why that is? There isn't anyone reinforcing the team attitude they need. The HC is probably the quickest to throw someone under the bus.

Hermcuff is the only common denominator to the implosion of the offense that Al Saunders left behind. He first said the offense was OK so he wasnt' going to mess with it. He lied outright. He limited the plays. The second year he limited the offense even more. This year he introduced Chan Gailey and Gailey commented about getting the ball down field more, 15 seconds after Gailey was done Hermcuff stated "We passed the ball too much last year". Instead of 150 different pass plays in the play book it's been reported that we have less than 30 pass plays in the book.

You don't rebuild by taking away things that work. You don't rebuild with an iron fist manufactured in the 1950's.

It's the 21st century and the face of the NFL has changed, Hermcuff has not.

Rebuilding my ass.

Yeah and I bet you REALLY believe the fans let the team down don't you.

You're a dumb****.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 04:04 PM
There is a very large difference in the fan base when there is some hope of winning the game. With a transparent offense and a defense that seems to get worse than better "in a rebuilding effort" seems to dampen even the most hard core Chiefs fan.

I had never walked out on a Chiefs game since 1963, then Hermcuff came to KC. I feel like I've given up, but when the corpse isn't even breathing there usually isn't any life to expect. Hermcuff has choked the breath out of the fanbase.

Redrum_69
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Chuck the Fiefs

Programmer
09-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah and I bet you REALLY believe the fans let the team down don't you.

You're a dumb****.

Grow up dude.

The fans didn't let the team down. Hermcuff let the whole city down.

He isnt' rebuilding, he is digging a grave.

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Grow up dude.

The fans didn't let the team down. Hermcuff let the whole city down.

He isnt' rebuilding, he is digging a grave.

Have you ever heard of sarcasm or satire in your entire life?

The more you say the dumber you look.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I remember when I gave up on the team and management financially,it was the December right before they hired Herm and when I heard of the signing I knew this day and time was coming.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it a thousand times over,come to my gameroom and even try and question my love for this team and do not point your finger at me for not going out and plopping my hard earned cash down on this shit.I am a customer as well as a fan and when the customer is unhappy with the product it's well within their right to say no to getting their money.

Exceptionally well put Nzoner. I'll give you psycological rep (all I got is red stuff).

Programmer
09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Have you ever heard of sarcasm or satire in your entire life?

The more you say the dumber you look.

You are a moron if you believe that this is where the team needs to be after 2+ years of a rebuild.

Vermeil totally wrecked the defense, but there was games won and the team was competitive each and every game in his third year, the Chiefs were 13-3 that year and were in the playoffs.

You dont' have the temperment for sarcasm or satire. You are nothing more than a broken record.

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
You are a moron if you believe that this is where the team needs to be after 2+ years of a rebuild.

Vermeil totally wrecked the defense, but there was games won and the team was competitive each and every game in his third year, the Chiefs were 13-3 that year and were in the playoffs.

You dont' have the temperment for sarcasm or satire. You are nothing more than a broken record.

:spock:ROFL Either you are being more sarcastic than anybody on here or you really are possibly the dumbest mother ****er on Earth.

I think I'm gonna go with the latter.