PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Does no one here remember the 80's

redbrian
09-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Good God people Herm has finally been allowed to blow up the team (something he should of done day one), and all you bandwagon fans are jumping ship faster than rats off of the Titanic......this year is going to be ugly....no one I repeat no one could coach this team to a win this year....hell I hope we go 0-16....It is going to take two years min. to get the Chiefs back where they should be.....changing coach's every week will not help the process..

Robo-Chachi
09-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Thankfully, no I do not.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
I was born in 80 so not really....

Also bitching about this has nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan, if you were really a bandwagon fan you wouldn't be here cause you wouldn't care.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Changing the GM and this loser Coach will help....

Herm is not going to lead us to anything...we need a competent coaching staff...this is really bad.

Baconeater
09-14-2008, 04:51 PM
There's plenty of tickets available for real fans like you.

memyselfI
09-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I do. We would have Chiefs parties every week on a rotating basis. We'd watch the game intently for the first ten minutes and then just indulge in insane quantities of food and adult beverage...

ah, those were the days. No kids yet and no hangovers cuz we could drink a bunch it not make you sick and could eat with reckless abandon and not worry about gaining weight...

oh, the Chiefs used to be so much fun.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Good God people Herm has finally been allowed to blow up the team (something he should of done day one), and all you bandwagon fans are jumping ship faster than rats off of the Titanic......this year is going to be ugly....no one I repeat no one could coach this team to a win this year....hell I hope we go 0-16....It is going to take two years min. to get the Chiefs back where they should be.....changing coach's every week will not help the process..

rebuilding doesn't mean you have to be a laughingstock

rebuilding doesn't mean your COACHING STAFF has to suck

rebuilding doesn't mean your fundamentals suck

lots of teams rebuild with only minor suckatude ... this is much,much more than just rebuilding.

btw .... you can take your "bandwagon fan" schtick and shove it up your azz ........ sideways.

gblowfish
09-14-2008, 04:52 PM
The difference between now and the 1980's was, in the 1980's we had great defense. We'd lose 17-9, because all the offense could do was kick field goals. That's why Nick Lowrey's scoring records were so good, we would always settle for 3, and lose because the D would give up a couple TDs.

Last time our offense looked this pathetic was the year Elvis The Pants Wetter sat out the San Diego game with a bruised finger, and the Chargers beat the crap out of Warren Moon for their ONLY win in a 1-15 season. This was as bad today.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
We make the Houston Texans expansion year look like a NE Superbowl run

JuicesFlowing
09-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Changing coaches is going to take another 2 years to clean house and get the new coach's players/staff in ... Maybe it will be worth it, but maybe it won't ... I don't know. People think that a new coach next week will turn the franchise around. Hilarious.

redbrian
09-14-2008, 04:54 PM
rebuilding doesn't mean you have to be a laughstock

rebuilding doesn't mean your COACHING STAFF has to suck

rebuilding doesn't mean your fundamentals suck

lots of teams rebuild with only minor suckatude ... this is much,much more than just rebuilding.

bull shit........the Chiefs of the 80's sucked even more than this........and no I didn't watch the game for 10 min and go eat and get shit faced.......I went to most home games.....sat in some very nice seats....and will probablly do the same all the while hearing the same crap that was spouted back in the 80's

Deberg_1990
09-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Changing coaches is going to take another 2 years to clean house and get the new coach's players/staff in ... Maybe it will be worth it, but maybe it won't ... I don't know. People think that a new coach next week will turn the franchise around. Hilarious.

Well you have to start somewhere. All i know is Herm Edwards is never going to win anything here in KC, and probably anywhere he goes after here.

Its pointless to continue on with him at the helm after this year.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 04:56 PM
bull shit........the Chiefs of the 80's sucked even more than this........and no I didn't watch the game for 10 min and go eat and get shit faced.......I went to most home games.....sat in some very nice seats....and will probablly do the same all the while hearing the same crap that was spouted back in the 80's

You're a "True" fan, Carl loves you

Bearcat
09-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Nope, I was 9 when Carl was hired.

I love how people associate complaining and being outraged and leaving at halftime with being fair-wheather and a bandwagon-jumper. Riiiight, we jumped on the bandwagon 13 years ago and are just now jumping off, because now it's bad. LMAO

Inspector
09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I do. We would have Chiefs parties every week on a rotating basis. We'd watch the game intently for the first ten minutes and then just indulge in insane quantities of food and adult beverage...

ah, those were the days. No kids yet and no hangovers cuz we could drink a bunch it not make you sick and could eat with reckless abandon and not worry about gaining weight...

oh, the Chiefs used to be so much fun.

Yeah, that's kinda the way I remember them too.

And since it was immediately following the 70's, I'm amazed I remembered anything.

dirk digler
I semi-remember the 80's. How do we go about fixing what happened in the 80's?

Lamar grew some balls and cleaned house.

It is Clark's turn to do that now.

redbrian
Well you have to start somewhere. All i know is Herm Edwards is never going to win anything here in KC, and probably anywhere he goes after here.

Its pointless to continue on with him at the helm after this year.

really....got any hot stock tips...cause man you must be able to see into the future....and no I don't know if Herm will or won't.....I am just not as smart as the collective brain trust here on the planet.....

KCinNY
09-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Eleven straight losses with no end in sight....dude, the 80's were bad but they were not, repeat NOT, worse than this.

redbrian
09-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Eleven straight losses with no end in sight....dude, the 80's were bad but they were not, repeat NOT, worse than this.

Hell they were a lot worse.....do you not remember the parade of coaches and quaterbacks.......

dirk digler
09-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Hell they were a lot worse.....do you not remember the parade of coaches and quaterbacks.......

redbrian how did we reverse the trend of the 80's?

Lamar cleaned house and brought in Carl and a new head coach.

Don't you think it is time to do that again?

ChiTown
Actually, this team reminds me of the '77 team that went 2-12.

redbrian
You're a "True" fan, Carl loves you

Hell Carl does not give a crap about me or I him........but I have followed the Chiefs from day one and will continue to do so till they put me in the ground or God forbid they should leave town.....

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Nope, I was 9 when Carl was hired.

I love how people associate complaining and being outraged and leaving at halftime with being fair-wheather and a bandwagon-jumper. Riiiight, we jumped on the bandwagon 13 years ago and are just now jumping off, because now it's bad. LMAO

Leaving at half time qualifies. IMO

I agree with the rest though.

sportsman1
09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
You guys need to watch some Memphis Tiger Football. It makes the Chiefs look really good. U of M is the saddest sack of crap I have ever witnessed in my life. Worst 100 bucks spent ever on season tickets.

redbrian
09-14-2008, 05:03 PM

ouch...very true......had forgotten about that team......thanks for picking another scab........:D

Bearcat
09-14-2008, 05:03 PM
2001 -- The New England Patriots beat the Raiders and the Rams in the same postseason and win the Super Bowl. The Raiders got snow-jobbed, and the loss was huge F*** YOU to the "greatest show on turf". With bandwagon-Rams fans all around me, I posted the front page of paper on the bulletin board outside my dorm room the next day. Expecting it to get ripped down, I had grabbed some extras.

The Chiefs? Went 6-10, "rebuilding"...

What a PERFECT time to jump off the bandwagon and become a fan of the Patriots..... a chance like that may never come again.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2008, 05:05 PM
so your saying that because we suck MORE in the 80's than we do now that it makes this acceptable??

well bully for you, super-douche.

ummm ... newsflash, this isn't the 80's and it has nothing to do with the completely pathetic team we are fielding right now.

bad coaching
bad gameplan
bad preparation

rebuilding isn't an excuse of these things

Deberg_1990
09-14-2008, 05:05 PM

Is that the team they always show on the old Walter Payton highlights when he runs over about 11 defensive guys on the Chiefs?

redbrian
09-14-2008, 05:06 PM
redbrian how did we reverse the trend of the 80's?

Lamar cleaned house and brought in Carl and a new head coach.

Don't you think it is time to do that again?

after going through how many coaches........hell they put in a turnstile on the coaches office door.....

StcChief
the day the music died

Bearcat
Leaving at half time qualifies. IMO

I agree with the rest though.

Of today's game? Really? If I had paid $100 ($80 for an upper deck ticket, $20 for parking) just to get into the stadium and sat through an hour and a half of that, I'd be demanding my money back at halftime, and certainly wouldn't waste the rest of my day on it.

I've watched pretty much every game possible up through a couple of years ago... after wasting $100 on the Broncos game last year and moving to Omaha, I've started to "get it". If a movie sucks, I'm going to leave... and that's only a waste of $10.

dirk digler
09-14-2008, 05:08 PM
after going through how many coaches........hell they put in a turnstile on the coaches office door.....

It is not only about the head coach they need to clean house from top to bottom starting at Carl and head down

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't pay $50 for good seats with this shit...

FringeNC
09-14-2008, 05:11 PM

Yeah, let's suck off Carl and Herm, and let the standard of comparison be the 80s Chiefs instead of the 80s 49ers, 90s Cowboys, or 00s Patriots, or any of the other franchises, that have, you know, won championships. And there have been a lot of them.

How long did it take GB to completely turn over their roster? How long have the Raiders been "rebuilding"? So many of you guys just think if we endure the pain of losing, winning is our right and we will win playoff games. It doesn't work that way unless competent individuals are in charge, and it's quite evident that Carl and Herm do not fit that bill.

Spott
09-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Good God people Herm has finally been allowed to blow up the team

I'd say he's done a great job of that. ROFL

ChiTown
09-14-2008, 05:16 PM
ouch...very true......had forgotten about that team......thanks for picking another scab........:D

Paul Wiggin started the season, went 1-6 and gave way to Tom Bettis who went................1-6.

Mike Livingston was the QB and on his last leg, and it was Ed Podolak's last NFL season.

ChiTown
09-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Is that the team they always show on the old Walter Payton highlights when he runs over about 11 defensive guys on the Chiefs?

Yep. He had like nearly 200 yards that game. Funny enough, the Chiefs led nearly the entire game. Bob Avellini threw a late TD to give the Bears the win in Chicago.

Al Bundy
09-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I remember right in the mid 80's the Chiefs were just as bad as my Buccaneers were, especially 1987 and 1988.

Bearcat
09-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't pay $50 for good seats with this shit...

I wouldn't take $50 for good seats to sit through this shit...

Lonewolf Ed
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM

So, you think that in order to rebuild, the team has to be so damned bad that it goes 0-16 before it can get better? Rebuilding is a process in which a team gets better. Dicking around season after season with high draft picks is what Oakland does. And apparently, the Chiefs are following that trend. Herm is not a good head coach.

KCinNY
09-14-2008, 05:27 PM
I remember right in the mid 80's the Chiefs were just as bad as my Buccaneers were, especially 1987 and 1988.

To be fair, Mackovic's '86 Chiefs squeezed into the playoffs largely on the strength of the special teams.

Then Lamar brilliantly fired the head coach and replaced him with a career assistant who was in way over his head.

redbrian
09-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, let's suck off Carl and Herm, and let the standard of comparison be the 80s Chiefs instead of the 80s 49ers, 90s Cowboys, or 00s Patriots, or any of the other franchises, that have, you know, won championships. And there have been a lot of them.

How long did it take GB to completely turn over their roster? How long have the Raiders been "rebuilding"? So many of you guys just think if we endure the pain of losing, winning is our right and we will win playoff games. It doesn't work that way unless competent individuals are in charge, and it's quite evident that Carl and Herm do not fit that bill.

The Cowboys are a great example, in the past 8yrs they have had 8 losing seasons three in a row......

dj56dt58
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I could buy that if it was the players..your saying Herm has been allowed to start over..but Herm's the problem..he might be the most retarded person in america

FringeNC
09-14-2008, 05:28 PM
The Cowboys are a great example, in the past 8yrs they have had 8 losing seasons three in a row......

WHAT?

redbrian
09-14-2008, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=FringeNC;5018422]WHAT?[/QUOT

*()&(*^^ sorry that is 4 losing seasons.......not 8.....

ChiefsFanatic
09-14-2008, 05:34 PM

So, because I don't like Herm, I am a bandwagon fan? Because I think that Carl has been here too long, I am a bandwagon fan? Because I think what happened today was an embarrassment, and in no way related to rebuilding, I am a bandwagon fan?

I remember the 80's. HERM EDWARDS IS NO EFFING MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER!

sd4chiefs
09-14-2008, 05:42 PM

At least in the mid 80's the Royals had a good team and they won the World Series in 85.

redbrian
09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
So, because I don't like Herm, I am a bandwagon fan? Because I think that Carl has been here too long, I am a bandwagon fan? Because I think what happened today was an embarrassment, and in no way related to rebuilding, I am a bandwagon fan?

How many Super Bowls did Marty get too..........I take it you were wishing for the Marty years again......

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 05:48 PM

Yep. Unless you fully embrace the Chiefs and everything they do, you are a bandwagon fan according to redshitforbrains.

You must be satisfied, and you must compare every Chiefs failure to a time earlier to when they were even worse to make yourself feel better.

I love how people constantly bring up those 80s teams. It's like they want to give a free pass to being in suckville.

Just because we were dogshit in the 80s does NOT excuse the brand of football you saw today.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 05:49 PM
How many Super Bowls did Marty get too..........I take it you were wishing for the Marty years again......

I would take the Marty years in one second over this shit football.

You keep wanting to compare to how bad things were in the 80s. The only thing that saved it then was Marty.

Make up your mind already, genius.

ChiefsFanatic
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM

Hell, I would take the 1998 Season Meltdown over this Herm Edwards crap.

redbrian
09-14-2008, 05:55 PM

You keep wanting to compare to how bad things were in the 80s. The only thing that saved it then was Marty.

Make up your mind already, genius.

the point that you and the rest of the friggen brain trust fail to understand is every team even the great Cowboys have to go thru crap years....most fans understand this......but the brain trust here feels that a new coach can come in overnight a create a silk purse from a pork ass.......and if you cannot have a conversation with out the personal insults maybe you should go sit in the corner for a time out........

milkman
09-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Yep. Unless you fully embrace the Chiefs and everything they do, you are a bandwagon fan according to redshitforbrains.

You must be satisfied, and you must compare every Chiefs failure to a time earlier to when they were even worse to make yourself feel better.

I love how people constantly bring up those 80s teams. It's like they want to give a free pass to being in suckville.

Just because we were dogshit in the 80s does NOT excuse the brand of football you saw today.

Were those teams in the 80s really worse.

Isn't 11 consecutive losses a franchise record?

As bad as the 80s were, I don't remember feeling that they were ever as god awful as this team, and I don't even remember thinking that Frank Ganz was this bad.

Oxford
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM

At least Marty beat Oakland. Marty's players played with pride. Herm has no concept of what it means to lose to Oakland, none whatsoever. If he had, he would commit suicide on the 50 yard line right after this game.

I am stunningly embarassed with that performance, I wonder when he gets his check from Al Davis?

T-post Tom
09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Get off your high horse: this has nothing to do with being a "bandwagon" fan." It's about Herm's inability to run this team. 11 straight losses. It's been nothing but excuses since he got here. But you keep cheering him on. Embrace mediocrity.

KCinNY
09-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Get off your high horse: this has nothing to do with being a "bandwagon" fan." It's about Herm's inability to run this team. 11 straight losses. It's been nothing but excuses since he got here. But you keep cheering him on. Embrace mediocrity.

Mediocrity????

Hell, I'd love me some mediocrity. Mediocrity is 6-10 or 7-9. This team's lookin' dead in the eye at 1-15 or worse.

gblowfish
09-14-2008, 06:54 PM
How depressing. Our biggest argument tonight is when we sucked more.

Great, just great.

Bearcat
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
the point that you and the rest of the friggen brain trust fail to understand is every team even the great Cowboys have to go thru crap years....most fans understand this......but the brain trust here feels that a new coach can come in overnight a create a silk purse from a pork ass.......and if you cannot have a conversation with out the personal insults maybe you should go sit in the corner for a time out........

Yeah, that's it. LMAO

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 15 years.

You want to talk like we've had sunny days until this recent rebuild.

The Dallas Cowboys also rebuilt with a young head coach named Jimmy Johnson. Sperm is a far cry from him.

I'll call you a retard anytime I want when you continue to post like one.

Do as Hamas says and kill yourself.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 07:04 PM
How dare me want an imaginative coach leading a rebuild. How dare I want a varied offense that a defense has to be prepared for.

the Talking Can
09-14-2008, 07:05 PM

i was never on herm's ship....i don't sail the seas with retards....

Baby Lee
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Chiefs Does no one here remember the 80's
That period after which we got a new GM, HC, staff and roster?

Good times. Looking forward to a repeat.

el borracho
09-14-2008, 07:32 PM
redbrian,

Please keep in mind that the Raiders are also a bottom-barrel team that might not win again until November. Even during rebuilding years you should expect to be competetive with other bottom 5 teams in the league.

The problem isn't that the Chiefs are 0-2, the problem is that the Chiefs were never in the game with another crappy, 4-12 team. The problem is that our GM is very average without Marty and our head coach is a career loser (52-62 and getting worse). The problem isn't the fact that we suck (we all knew we would) but rather the fact that no one believes the men in charge are capable of improvement. Honestly, tell us why we should believe in Carl and Herm to build a championship team.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM

neither does changing QBs each week or not game planning each week or standing on the sideline like you don't have a clue each week. Edwards has proven he can't engineer, develop or build anything but the worst team in the NFL.

You have to cut your losses with Herm now