PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I am so FRIGGIN' jealous of the Broncos...

Short Leash Hootie
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Shanahan, though we all hate him, he has some MAJOR balls...

And he knows how to manage the clock, and he knows how to run an offense...look at that...

they go for two, nail it...and now they are going to steal a victory (most likely)...

I'm jealous.

Coach
09-14-2008, 06:33 PM
None of that should have happend, since it was CLEARLY a fumble by Cutler that San Diego recovered, which should have meant the game was over.

Yet, the refs and the review people ****ed it. They ****ed it up so bad.

Mr. Laz
09-14-2008, 06:33 PM
i want to know who he bribed to make the replay break down

Mr. Laz
09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
i want to know who he bribed to make the replay break down

Silock
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
As much as I hate him, I'd take Shanarat in a heartbeat. He always fields a competitive team, and right now, the Broncos look like one of the better teams in the AFC.

kcchiefsus
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
**** the Broncos. First Champ Bailey has an interception that actually wasn't an interception and then they are given the ball back after what was without a doubt an interception. I sure ****ing hope karma comes to bite them in the ass. Mike Shanahan can drive off a ****ing cliff, ****ing piece of shit.

Short Leash Hootie
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I agree, they were playing with house money...

but remember last week when we tried a draw play 2nd and Goal (a good call I thought) and then called a TO right after LJ got stuffed leaving 53 seconds on the clock? So if we did score, NE would have had plenty of time to drive and get a game winning field goal? Rather than running 20 seconds or so off like we should have?

Watching Shanahan coach offense is frustrating because we ****ing suck.

Short Leash Hootie
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
I know, I hate Denver too...

But watching them play TO win, take a risk with house money like they did...makes me jealous.

Hopefully we can get rid of this terrible regime and find someone that can not make me want to kill myself every Sunday.

Molitoth
09-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I know, I hate Denver too...

But watching them play TO win, take a risk with house money like they did...makes me jealous.

Hopefully we can get rid of this terrible regime and find someone that can not make me want to kill myself every Sunday.

Today was one of the worst days in my chiefs history...

You know, ranking up there with the kicker who shall not be named...

I mean, it was the most pathetic I have EVER seen this team.

Molitoth
09-14-2008, 06:40 PM
oh, and I would welcome the Rat with open arms to coach the chiefs.

aturnis
09-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah...but they nailed it with Eddie Royal.

Frazod
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM
No need to be jealous, Hootie. I think you'd make a fine Bronco fan.

Start your journey here: www.orangemane.com

Via con Dios. :thumb:

Gravedigger
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah that fumble at the end will receive so many complaints. I know I'd be pissed if the Chiefs could actually score more than 10 points of course.

Halfcan
09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
A sad day for the Cheaps when an "I love Shanarat thread" is on the front page of the Planet.

chief4life
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
What is with the chiefs and the refs this year they called it a ****in fumble and the chargers recovered it and Ed ****alee said he blowed the whistle so it is still Denver's ball unbelievable!!! :mad:

Short Leash Hootie
09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
No need to be jealous, Hootie. I think you'd make a fine Bronco fan.

Start your journey here: www.orangemane.com

Via con Dios. :thumb:

Yawn.

DaFace
09-14-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm jealous, too. We'd probably have a chance of winning a couple games this year if they refs would cheat for us.

BigRock
09-14-2008, 06:45 PM

Why wouldn't they go for it? If a defender ended up picking it off, they just would have ruled that the Charger now played for Denver.

Baby Lee
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
None of that should have happend, since it was CLEARLY a fumble by Cutler that San Diego recovered, which should have meant the game was over.

Yes, it was clearly a fumble, but the whistle rules all. And I don't know why ESPN can't get someone to explain it.

This is a fast violent game, and one of the biggest weapons the refs have to shut those big boys' motors down is their whistle. Everyone agrees, play full out . . . 'til you hear the whistle, then let up. It's passed down from the league to the refs to the HC, to the position coaches, to the trainers to the players.

They have settled expectations, if the players agree to let up when they hear the whistle, nothing can happen on the field of play to change the state of the game at the moment the whistle was blown.

Last thing you want to do is introduce this idea to play to the whistle, unless you disagree with the whistle.

Taco John
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Yes, it was clearly a fumble, but the whistle rules all. And I don't know why ESPN can't get someone to explain it.

This is a fast violent game, and one of the biggest weapons the refs have to shut those big boys' motors down is their whistle. Everyone agrees, play full out . . . 'til you hear the whistle, then let up. It's passed down from the league to the refs to the HC, to the position coaches, to the trainers to the players.

They have settled expectations, if the players agree to let up when they hear the whistle, nothing can happen on the field of play to change the state of the game at the moment the whistle was blown.

Last thing you want to do is introduce this idea to play to the whistle, unless you disagree with the whistle.

THIS

I'll be the first to admit that we got lucky. But if San Diego wanted to win this game, they could have stopped Brandon Marshall from catching 18 passes.

OnTheWarpath58
09-14-2008, 07:02 PM
THIS

I'll be the first to admit that we got lucky. But if San Diego wanted to win this game, they could have stopped Brandon Marshall from catching 18 passes.

Yep.

Or stopped Denver on 4th and goal.

Or stopped Denver when the wen't for 2.

Or any number of other plays.

Short Leash Hootie
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't even care about who won or lost...

I'm just jealous of watching a good coaching staff, opposed to what we have.

OnTheWarpath58
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM

Excellent post, BL.

Short Leash Hootie
09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Friggin' Eddie Royal AND Brandon Marshall?

Shit.

They are going to own the West again...

I hate life today.

chop
09-14-2008, 07:19 PM

I was up by 7 points in my fantasy football league until that messed up call. The other team was playing Cutler and Royal against me. Now they are up by double digits.

Moobs
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM

Shit.

I hate life today.

With our defense, we may resemble that Chiefs team that started 9-0 a few years ago.

A heartbreaking playoff loss may be in the works, but there is still plenty of room on this bandwagon.

So, whataya say? :evil:

dirk digler
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM

Not quite...

Chris Collingsworth just explained the rule. If the QB had been running or a RB been running the ball and fumbled and the ref blew the whistle it still is reviewable and it would have been Chargers ball, but because the QB was in the throwing motion and the whistle blew it was called an incomplete pass.

2 different rules for almost the exact situation. Stupid rule that cost the Chargers

Moobs
09-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Come 'ere Hootie, you can be my 19th catch.... :Pinky:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/10/01/topper-marshall.jpg

alanm
09-14-2008, 07:27 PM

Shit.

I hate life today.
Denver gets off to a fast start every year and then November begins.

rad
09-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Ed Hochuli is obviously a Broncos fan.

El Pendejo
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Why wouldn't they go for it? If a defender ended up picking it off, they just would have ruled that the Charger now played for Denver.

Hah! That's great.

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2008, 08:19 PM

It was blown dead meaning all bets are off, but it was a bad whistle. And I'll take it.

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Denver gets off to a fast start every year and then November begins.

Silly Chief Fan..you mean October.

alanm
09-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Silly Chief Fan..you mean October.
I'm giving the Bronco's the benefit of the doubt this year. You're D is still pretty suspect.

Buck
09-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Either way we got our ass kicked, but I've never seen a team Jobbed as much as the Chargers did today.

Buehler445
09-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Either way we got our ass kicked, but I've never seen a team Jobbed as much as the Chargers did today.

Yeah dude, WTF happened to your defense? Shawne Merriman is NOT that good.

Buck
09-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I know that a bunch of Chiefs fans are not going to be sympathetic to me, but yeah, we got screwed and our Defensive Coordinator must have amnesia. We play defense like we did to begin the season last year in the beginning.

Both of our teams are reeling right now, but at least you guys weren't expected to be a playoff team.

Also, I hate to say it, but the Broncos look for real.

El Pendejo
09-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I know that a bunch of Chiefs fans are not going to be sympathetic to me, but yeah, we got screwed and our Defensive Coordinator must have amnesia. We play defense like we did to begin the season last year in the beginning.

Both of our teams are reeling right now, but at least you guys weren't expected to be a playoff team.

Also, I hate to say it, but the Broncos look for real.

Offensively they do, however, both the D and special teams look very suspect. Hopefully they'll right the ship, or at least become average.

It's going to be an interesting week in San Diego...I'm tempted to actually tune in to 1090...the whining should be phenomenal.

TinyEvel
09-15-2008, 01:24 AM
The best part of today's stadium experience was the national anthem.

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 01:26 AM

Chargers got anal raped without lube on that fumble....Denver should've lost the game for sure, but damn that defense should've made atleast 1 play