PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why can...?

FringeNC
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Mike Martz take a nobody like O'Sullivan and put him into a position to go for 20-32 for over 300 yards with a suspect O-line, and since we are "rebuilding" [and SF is not?], we have no options but to run up the centers ass all day long.

I am so sick of people claiming the rebuilding process necessitates running up the middle on every first down. It's ****ing bullshit.

tk13
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't know anyone who thinks rebuilding involves running it up the middle three times every possession.

Now, if we're going to be playing a 3rd or 4th string QB... then maybe it is the most effective offense over having somebody out there flinging it at 40% completion rate.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree with you.

An offensive mind like Mike Martz is hated by guys like Herm.

Herm is the biggest control freak in the NFL.

The Chiefs would be so lucky to have an offensive mind like his grooming QBs. O'Sullivan looked like a season vet today, in a hostile enviroment, against a pretty good defense with no line.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 06:58 PM
What really pisses me off about this offense is it seems Gailey is too afraid to run stretch plays and toss sweeps. All offseason we heard about how great Albert is in space. Why aren't the Chiefs running to his side more?

Mecca
09-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Mike Martz is one of the best guys I've ever seen at developing QB's, that guy knows how to get it done.

If I was going to draft a QB #1 overall I'd hire that guy for a few years.

Sure-Oz
Be nice if Vernon Davis could get the ball, he screwed me today

FringeNC
I don't know anyone who thinks rebuilding involves running it up the middle three times every possession.

Now, if we're going to be playing a 3rd or 4th string QB... then maybe it is the most effective offense over having somebody out there flinging it at 40% completion rate.

It's hard to complete passes on 3rd and long. It's a little easier on 1st down.

tk13
Seattle's given up 77 points so far. I'd wait a little bit before calling their defense good.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Seattle's given up 77 points so far. I'd wait a little bit before calling their defense good.

Fact still remains, Martz has a pretty good track record of developing or getting career years out of QB's.

the Talking Can
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
um...we have the worst coaches in the league....

herm is a clown

the Talking Can
09-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Mike Martz take a nobody like O'Sullivan and put him into a position to go for 20-32 for over 300 yards with a suspect O-line, and since we are "rebuilding" [and SF is not?], we have no options but to run up the centers ass all day long.

I am so sick of people claiming the rebuilding process necessitates running up the middle on every first down. It's ****ing bullshit.

great post

Coach
09-14-2008, 07:02 PM
What really pisses me off about this offense is it seems Gailey is too afraid to run stretch plays and toss sweeps. All offseason we heard about how great Albert is in space. Why aren't the Chiefs running to his side more?

Which brings up the bigger question, Is Solari really that bad as people claiming he is, or did he get thrown under the bus, or "Hermcuffed" by Edwards, therefore ruining his short-lived career as a OC?

So far, the pre-season games and the first two games, really closely resembles the same shit we saw last year. We changed QB's, we got LJ back, and the O-line somewhat improved, but not as much as last year, and we're still seeing predictable plays.

I thought Chan Gailey was supposed to be pretty damn good?

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Remember when everyone made fun of Martz.....hell I'd like to have him coach our team at this point.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Which brings up the bigger question, Is Solari really that bad as people claiming he is, or did he get thrown under the bus, or "Hermcuffed" by Edwards, therefore ruining his short-lived career as a OC?

So far, the pre-season games and the first two games, really closely resembles the same shit we saw last year. We changed QB's, we got LJ back, and the O-line somewhat improved, but not as much as last year, and we're still seeing predictable plays.

Herm has had I believe 5 OCs in 7 years...his offenses all look the same, it's his offense he just fires OC's as scapegoats brings in a new guy and it's still the Herm offense.

Reaper16
09-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Martz realizes that the game is changing at the pro level. The emphasis on run-first is lessening each season. Teams pass to set up the run these days, not the other way around.

So, sure, the Chiefs are rebuilding. They just happen to be rebuilding to play a slightly different game than the rest of the NFL.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 07:05 PM

I think Chan is a fine OC.

I think Herm is a shit leader, and dictates the style of offense he wants to his coordinators.

ChiefsFanatic
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
herm is a clown

That is a slap in the face to clowns everywhere.

I can't stand Martz, but he knows QBs and offense. He has more ability to coach quarterbacks than any of our coaches have to coach their respective positions.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:07 PM
That is a slap in the face to clowns everywhere.

I can't stand Martz, but he knows QBs and offense. He has more ability to coach quarterbacks than any of our coaches have to coach their respective positions.

He has one of the best track records with QB's that you will ever see....If we're gonna go QB #1, we should hire him, let him develop our QB.

OnTheWarpath58
09-14-2008, 07:09 PM

I think Herm is a shit leader, and dictates the style of offense he wants to his coordinators.

This.

I wasn't sure that was the case until now.

We opened the playbook more in the ****ing preseason.

Now the games count, and Gailey is in a straightjacket.

Let me take this time to apologize to Mike Solari.

I'm sorry, Mike. I was wrong. It's impossible to be succesful under this leadership.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Herm is stuck in 1956. Neanderthall ball. It's all he knows.

Chiefshrink
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Be nice if Vernon Davis could get the ball, he screwed me today

Precisely the reason I did not draft Vernon Davis is because Martz rarily uses the TE in his offensive scheme. The same reason I immediately dropped Chris Cooley after the Redskins first game last week because Zorn is the same way. But Joe Gibbs loves the TE play. I had to see if Zorn was getting him the ball. Cooley only had one play to him, that's it!! Could it change? Maybe but I doubt it. Find those OCs and head coaches that truly love TE play.

FringeNC
09-14-2008, 07:10 PM

I used to think Chan was a decent OC, but anyone allowing themselves to be handcuffed by Edwards like that? He should just quit. A few more games, and he will never get another NFL job.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I used to think Chan was a decent OC, but anyone allowing themselves to be handcuffed by Edwards like that? He should just quit. A few more games, and he will never get another NFL job.

Herm wrote a book, in it he says that he doesn't believe anyone should question the head coach because he's the head coach the authority the end all be all.

If any coach stood up to Herm he'd probably tell Carl to fire them right then and there, he feels his word and what he wants to be done is the final say.

chiefs1111
[QUOTE=ChiefsFanatic;5019150]That is a slap in the face to clowns everywhere.

ROFL

Delano

The picture in your sig has been moved or deleted. You may want to change that.

chiefs1111
09-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Herm wrote a book, in it he says that he doesn't believe anyone should question the head coach because he's the head coach the authority the end all be all.

If any coach stood up to Herm he'd probably tell Carl to fire them right then and there, he feels his word and what he wants to be done is the final say.

Herm wrote a book??? wow ,that's kinda of surprising

FringeNC
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM

A clueless guy who is a control freak -- what an awful combination. How can Herm keep getting jobs?

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:16 PM
A clueless guy who is a control freak -- what an awful combination. How can Herm keep getting jobs?

He has a job here because the Chiefs are fully entrenched in the good ole boy network.

Personally I think everyone should go and Chris Polian should be the hire.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2008, 07:20 PM

It was easy to blame solari and throw him under the bus. Hiring Chan to get these results clearly exposes Herm and what really happened. Clark should see him for the fraud he is.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
The guy is great with QB's. Heck, Bulger has been brutal since he left the Rams.

ChiefsFanatic
09-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Personally I think everyone should go and Chris Polian should be the hire.

Anyone from the Patriots would be nice. Assistant GM, Head of Pro Personnel, Front Office Administrative Assistant, Waterboy, Janitor......Anyone not Carl Peterson or Herm Edwards.

Mecca
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Anyone from the Patriots would be nice. Assistant GM, Head of Pro Personnel, Front Office Administrative Assistant, Waterboy, Janitor......Anyone not Carl Peterson or Herm Edwards.

Well Chris Polian works with the Colts, he's Bill Polians, their GM's son, his dad has done a great job and he's basically been around it his entire life so I think he'd be a great GM hire, he's also not very old.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 07:33 PM

No shit.

Could you imagine if the Chiefs had the NFL MVP go down in the first quarter of the first game, and then go on the road to win with a guy who has NEVER started a game in college or the NFL?

ChiefsFanatic
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Well Chris Polian works with the Colts, he's Bill Polians, their GM's son, his dad has done a great job and he's basically been around it his entire life so I think he'd be a great GM hire, he's also not very old.

I know exactly who Polian is (and his son.) Before he was with the Colts, he helped build Buffalo into an AFC power.