PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Remember When Herm was going to Fix the Defense?

Reerun_KC
09-14-2008, 07:19 PM
And not touch the offense.

Remember when people here were laughing and trashing Jets fans for us "stealing" their coach, yet they where thankfully appreciative of us giving them a 4th round draft pick, just to get rid of the loser.

Remember Chiefsplanet fans that defended Herm and said he needed time to get his players in here, and that they wanted to get back to some old fashion running the football and killer defense.

Well you got what you wished for, Herm and Gunthers vaunted Chiefs Tampa 2 Defense just gave up 300+ yards of rushing to the FREAKING RAIDERS AT HOME!!

Thank you Herm, your just want this franchise and fanbase needed!

Sarcasm meter is broken today!

Short Leash Hootie
09-14-2008, 07:21 PM
REPOST

evolve27
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
We're a broken team.

Molitoth
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Yup, just want we needed.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2008, 07:23 PM
But, but, but ...Herm made the playoffs in 3 of 5 years in New York.

Dayze
09-14-2008, 07:27 PM
I 'fixed' my dogs....pretty much the same thing.

I think he's done just as he said.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
how dare you post this.......there will be someone along pretty soon to tell you to get over it...it is rebuilding

Reerun_KC
09-14-2008, 07:35 PM
how dare you post this.......there will be someone along pretty soon to tell you to get over it...it is rebuilding

:doh!:

sorry...

I guess I should, it does happen and its called life....

Deberg_1990
09-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Herm has not improved one area of our team since hes been here.

***SPRAYER
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Herm always talks about "fixing the defense" while he destroys the offense. The end result? The offense gets destroyed and the defense never gets fixed. Enjoy.

Buehler445
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM

It all depends on the definition of improved. If by improved you mean made into shit, then he most certainly has. :harumph:

Spott

Our punting game has improved dramatically since he's been here.

Chiefnj2
I'd hate to see how bad the LBs would be if Gunther didn't spend all summer working hands on with them.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Our punting game has improved dramatically since he's been here.

WooHoo...he didnt even draft that guy.

FringeNC
09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I'd hate to see how bad the LBs would be if Gunther didn't spend all summer working hands on with them.

LOL. Isn't he now also LB coach? If so, no wonder they suck so much.

The Bad Guy
09-14-2008, 07:50 PM
What I don't get is why they want Dorsey taking up the blockers to free everyone up. Shouldn't Tyler be clogging the holes to allow Dorsey to create havoc?

Raiderhader
09-14-2008, 08:15 PM
This post is by no means a defense of Herm, however the defense looked pretty damn good today until the second half. You have to remember how long they were out on the field today, the offense kept going three and out. There was little rest for the defwensive squad and, eventually they wore down. The defense has improved, but at the same time they have been handicapped by a neutered offense.

Today's loss is not on the D, it is on the coaching staff for shuffling three QBs in and out of the game like a gawddamned college program. Either start Huard and let him play the game or start Thigpen and let him play the game. I hate the QB shuffle at the college level, I really despise it at the pro level.

FAX
09-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't remember any of that stuff.

FAX

FAX
09-14-2008, 09:14 PM
What I don't get is why they want Dorsey taking up the blockers to free everyone up. Shouldn't Tyler be clogging the holes to allow Dorsey to create havoc?

The way I see it, Herm's plan must be for Tank to clog DJ while Dorsey clogs Tank which frees up Hali to clog whoever is playing MLB whose primary responsibility is to clog the middle of the field where the safeties are.

FAX

chop
09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Remember when Herm said that to help the defense the offense shouldn't score too fast. He wanted to make sure the offense was on the field long enough to give the defense a rest forget about a lead. Now he doesn't have an offense that gives the defense a break or one that scores points.

Say what you want about Vermeil but at least his teams were competitive. His defenses were not but the offense was fun to watch.

Spott
09-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't remember any of that stuff.

FAX

Here's where it started. Somewhere there's a thread where Herm said he wouldn't change the offense.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145822&page=1&pp=15

Buehler445
09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Remember when Herm said that to help the defense the offense shouldn't score too fast. He wanted to make sure the offense was on the field long enough to give the defense a rest forget about a lead. Now he doesn't have an offense that gives the defense a break or one that scores points.

Say what you want about Vermeil but at least his teams were competitive. His defenses were not but the offense was fun to watch.

And his offenses won the TOP battle.

PastorMikH
09-14-2008, 10:48 PM

With DV, they'd run a couple of plays, score, one more play for the PAT, then the D takes the field up 7. Now, we go three and out, punt and the D comes out to the field in the same number of plays but isn't up 7.

Yeah, Herm's a genus!