PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Larry Johnson versus Jared Allen

macdawg
09-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Why did the Chiefs keep a heartless running back and trade one of the best defensive ends in the league who has been the spirit of the Chiefs defense in hard times! I wonder if any amount of money will make Larry pull the large stick that is obviously stuck up his butt out! Larry stated that this is likely to be his last season with the Chiefs on metro sports and I have to wonder what a statement like that is doing to the mentality of our rookie players! Larry is what I like to call a "locker room cancer" and I wish the fire Jared Alan brought to Chiefs was still at Arrowhead! Money should have been given to the loyal player rather than a Larry Johnson who missed training camp last year for more money and a bigger contract! Our defense was not top notch last year but Jared Alan still managed to run amazing plays! Larry however, cannot shine unless he has a top notch offensive line to over shadow his mediocrity!

OnTheWarpath58
09-14-2008, 09:29 PM
:spock:

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2008, 09:30 PM
We got 3 players for Jared Allen including a potentially All-Pro LT. We wouldnt have got a roll of ankle tape for LJ.

jidar
09-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Johnson hasn't looked good.

I'm always excited to see one of the other backs get the ball, that's a sad state of affairs.

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Timing. And odds. LJ could get a DWI and no problem. JA not so much, maybe 9 million that year?

TrickyNicky
09-14-2008, 09:36 PM
"Larry stated that this is likely to be his last season with the Chiefs on metro sports"

O RLY?

Whats the cap hit if he retires?

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Notta if he retires

macdawg
09-14-2008, 09:46 PM
We got 3 players for Jared Allen including a potentially All-Pro LT. We wouldnt have got a roll of ankle tape for LJ.

true but at what price? I did not see anything all pro about our offensive line, although, I am in agreement with the talent Albert carries.

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Albert has played pretty darn well. I bet he grades out the best again this week, its the right side of the line that is horrible. Allen was the right move to get rid of - his off the field risk was way to high for the money invested. Running backs have no major trade value in today's NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Cut the sonofabitch, take the cap hit now. Who gives a *****.

Coach
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Cut the sonofabitch, take the cap hit now. Who gives a *****.

Agreed.

Rain Man
09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
We traded Jared Allen because Carl Peterson didn't want to expend the effort to negotiate a contract with him. Why bother making the effort when you know you'll never be fired?

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 10:40 PM
**** Jared Allen.

triple
09-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I am starting to think that Larry Johnson is purposefully tanking it because he wants out.

I don't agree with his methods, but I guess I understand. He's only got so many miles on the clock left after all the overuse. He probably wants to go play for a winner.

Not saying it's right but I guess I can see why he would feel that way. It's got to be pretty bad to work in that atmosphere.

pr_capone
09-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Wait till week 6 and pray that someone making a run will need a "proven" RB.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 10:54 PM
**** Jared Allen.

I assume you mean "play" Jared Allen.

Get over it, Peanut. Your team should have paid the guy.

Of course I said the same thing about LJ and it appears that I was FOS up to my ears in that case.

Boris The Great
09-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Jared Allen actually got a sack today. Of course, it was in the first half. Colts LT Tony Ugoh didnt play in the second half and Allen still disappeared.

All that money on a guy who only plays 2 quarters.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 11:01 PM
I assume you mean "play" Jared Allen.

Get over it, Peanut. Your team should have paid the guy.Why, so his retarded ass can get tore up and be suspended for a year? No thanks. I'm happier with Branden Albert and DaJuan Morgan than I would be with that ticking time bomb. The team is going to suck with or without him, and being on the hook for that contract would have been incredibly dumb.

FAX
09-14-2008, 11:02 PM
JA or no JA, I thought LJ's post-game comments were stunning.

Imagine. He doesn't get the carries he thinks he should (after generating a whopping 1.8 YPC after two full quarters) and his first public statement is that he thinks there's "something going on" and he may not be a Chief next year. What in the hell is that all about? I suppose it's one way to garner some media attention, but the last thing that Herm needs right now is his "star" running back calling out the coaching staff and, at least indirectly, floating the idea of a trade, or holdout, or worse.

What a tool.

FAX

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Why, so his retarded ass can get tore up and be suspended for a year? No thanks. I'm happier with Branden Albert and DaJuan Morgan than I would be with that ticking time bomb. The team is going to suck with or without him, and being on the hook for that contract would have been incredibly dumb.

Yeah. Sure. Your team was so close to the salary cap and all.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah. Sure. Your team was so close to the salary cap and all.If they're going to be cheap, at least be smart about it. In this one particular case, I applaud them.

triple
09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
We should not have paid larry johnson or jared allen. neither of those guys had a mature attitude about the team and where the team is at, and what their role in that is. we should have traded both.

Allen did get traded, but only because he insulted the ego of the most arrogant personality in professional sports.

Johnson didn't, perhaps because a team didn't wish to be devoid of their only draw other than Tony Gonzalez

triple
09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Why, so his retarded ass can get tore up and be suspended for a year? No thanks. I'm happier with Branden Albert and DaJuan Morgan than I would be with that ticking time bomb. The team is going to suck with or without him, and being on the hook for that contract would have been incredibly dumb.

I don't know how anyone can argue with this. It's just stupid to think paying Allen or Johnson was the right move.

Valiant
09-15-2008, 01:00 AM
I am starting to think that Larry Johnson is purposefully tanking it because he wants out.

I don't agree with his methods, but I guess I understand. He's only got so many miles on the clock left after all the overuse. He probably wants to go play for a winner.

Not saying it's right but I guess I can see why he would feel that way. It's got to be pretty bad to work in that atmosphere.

IF he wants to play for a winner he has to act like one himself.. Seriously if I am a coach and I see a player of his talent packing it in, I would not trade for him.. I would blackball his ass into arena league..

Valiant
09-15-2008, 01:01 AM
JA or no JA, I thought LJ's post-game comments were stunning.

Imagine. He doesn't get the carries he thinks he should (after generating a whopping 1.8 YPC after two full quarters) and his first public statement is that he thinks there's "something going on" and he may not be a Chief next year. What in the hell is that all about? I suppose it's one way to garner some media attention, but the last thing that Herm needs right now is his "star" running back calling out the coaching staff and, at least indirectly, floating the idea of a trade, or holdout, or worse.

What a tool.

FAX

**** let him holdout.. No one is going to want to trade for his 2.5ypa anyway.. And his blocking that game, wtf???

Valiant
09-15-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't know how anyone can argue with this. It's just stupid to think paying Allen or Johnson was the right move.

Shit I was for trading LJ to the Giants a couple years ago for Brandon Jacobs before he blew up..

FAX
09-15-2008, 01:20 AM
**** let him holdout.. No one is going to want to trade for his 2.5ypa anyway.. And his blocking that game, wtf???

LOLORO

I couldn't agree more, Mr. Valiant. I, too, was on the ol' "Trade LJ's Ass Bandwagon" before it was vandalized by a bunch of wild, lawless, rampaging Planeteers with more keybord than conscience.

My concern is the effect his spouting may have on his teammates and my point is that, given the current state of our new, fabulous, simplified offense, a controversy surrounding LJ's commitment to the Chiefs is one of the last things Herm and his BoM need to be dealing with right now.

FAX