PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Marty for new GM

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I know there are several dumbasses who don't like Marty but he has a track record for turning franchises around. I doubt he would come back here but I would sure like to have him as GM. Let him pick the new coach.

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Marty would be a horrible choice for GM. When he had that power here, it turned out real bad.

Ebolapox
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
thing is, I don't recall his draft record being all that great. I'm not sure I'd want him in control of player personnel, either. remember the 'bone thugs n harmony' team with bam morris, vanover, and rison ALL getting into trouble with the law? as bad as we are, I don't want us turning into the bengals.

RibKing67
As long as you dont mind him sleeping with your wife.... OK

Smed1065
ROFL

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Marty would be a horrible choice for GM. When he had that power here, it turned out real bad.

He never had that power here. He hated CP as much as we do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Awful idea. That guy couldn't identify offensive talent to save his sorry ass.

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2008, 09:45 PM
He never had that power here. He hated CP as much as we do.

Wrong he had control after the 1995 season.

acasas4
09-14-2008, 09:49 PM
The truth is this franchise has sucked since Marty left. The only credit Carl deserves for the turn around in the '90s was hiring Marty. He didn't have control of personell until his last couple of years here and he took a lot of under-talented teams to winning records. I would rather have him here than the *****ing clown we have now.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Wrong he had control after the 1995 season.

Wrong. CP has always had control. That is why marty quit.

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Wrong. CP has always had control. That is why marty quit.

Bullshit. Marty had personal decisions, its been talked about before.

Brock
09-14-2008, 09:51 PM
No, Marty was given a larger say in what players to bring in, and it did result in a lot of bad things happening.

FAX
09-14-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure. I always looked at Marty as a "teacher" - not an administrator. Those are very different roles in a football franchise. Marty believes in actually winning football games, though. So I say, okay.

As long as he hires good scouts and listens to their advice.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
09-14-2008, 09:53 PM
If we are getting a new GM we need to go out and find the best young talent guy out there. We dont need to be retreading the past.

Stinger
09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
When we bring someone in for GM we need to blow up the whole Carl tree, good ol boy network, dipshitery network, what ever you want to call it and start fresh.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
No, Marty was given a larger say in what players to bring in, and it did result in a lot of bad things happening.

Back then we had to rely on the Star what was going on and they said he lost a power struggle with Carl. Other than that who knows what went on? Besides that, Marty is among the top 10 all time winningest coaches. Can you do that without being abe to identify talent?

'Hamas' Jenkins
I love that this fan base is so myopic they can't see beyond retreads, let alone our own goddamned retreads.

There are so many good young minds out there in the NFL that we could give a chance to, rather than a never was from a bygone era.

We run an antiquated offense, we have horrible position coaches, and our defensive scheme is only our scheme because our HC is so goddamned devoid of imagination that he just took a scheme he saw his friend use rather than try to identify what would be a good fit in the modern NFL.

el borracho
Great time to do it, really. Sort of a trial period for the rest of this year and see how we feel and what other options exist in January 09. Although, now that I type that I am wondering, what do NFL GMs do during the season? I suppose we could bring Marty in as a combination Head coach/GM. Heh. If he sucks, he could fire himself.

acasas4
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure. I always looked at Marty as a "teacher" - not an administrator. Those are very different roles in a football franchise. Marty believes in actually winning football games, though. So I say, okay.

As long as he hires good scouts and listens to their advice.

FAX
You got it right man. Hell yes.

DeezNutz
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Look, there are a lot of great things that one can say about Marty. But I've read this book. I know how it ends.

New blood, please.

This thread is like the ex-girlfriend who was a complete bitch but had a great set of cans. On particularly lonely nights, you really, really want to give 'em another feel.

TrickyNicky
09-14-2008, 09:57 PM
There are so many good young minds out there in the NFL that we could give a chance to, rather than a never was from a bygone era.

Name a few. Not meant as a challenge, but I'm curious as to who could be potential coaches (head or position).

Brock
09-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Back then we had to rely on the Star what was going on and they said he lost a power struggle with Carl. Other than that who knows what went on? Besides that, Marty is among the top 10 all time winningest coaches. Can you do that without being abe to identify talent?

Is there any way I can convince you that we should be looking forward, and not back to when zubaz pants were in style?

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:00 PM
He has won every place he has been and they have all gone downhill when he left. The dude knows what it takes to win and has done it over and over. Find me some "new blood" with a track record and I'll agree.

tk13
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM
This would have to increase the chances of hiring Bill Cowher! :)

Brock
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM
He has won every place he has been and they have all gone downhill when he left. The dude knows what it takes to win and has done it over and over. Find me some "new blood" with a track record and I'll agree.

Well, the Chargers actually won a couple of playoff games after they got rid of him.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Is there any way I can convince you that we should be looking forward, and not back to when zubaz pants were in style?

Forward to what? Give me some specifics. I like proven winners not pipe dreams like Herm.

SoCalBronco
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Actually, I think Marty should be your Coach (again) not your GM. Yes, you heard that right.

Now there might be a bunch of folks on this site that would scoff at the idea, but just think about it for a second. While its true that Marty turns to shit in the playoffs, he's a proven winner developing a funadmentally sound football team that can run the ball, play defense and become respectable. He can develop squads that are young and have holes and need developing. He can get the Chiefs back to the postseason. Ofcourse, once you get to the postseason it will go to hell, but if there was ever a coach that can turn a ship around and get you to 9-7 or 10-6, he's the one.

Isn't that what you guys are lookign for at this time? You are in the first phase of rebuilding. You've added some nice prospects in the most recent draft. What is needed now is a Coach that can bring a team from the 4-12 level to the 9-10 win level. He can do that. He's proven it already with that very same team.

tk13
09-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Actually, I think Marty should be your Coach (again) not your GM. Yes, you heard that right.

Now there might be a bunch of folks on this site that would scoff at the idea, but just think about it for a second. While its true that Marty turns to shit in the playoffs, he's a proven winner developing a funadmentally sound football team that can run the ball, play defense and become respectable. He can develop squads that are young and have holes and need developing. He can get the Chiefs back to the postseason. Ofcourse, once you get to the postseason it will go to hell, but if there was ever a coach that can turn a ship around and get you to 9-7 or 10-6, he's the one.

Isn't that what you guys are lookign for at this time? You are in the first phase of rebuilding. You've added some nice prospects in the most recent draft. What is needed now is a Coach that can bring a team from the 4-12 level to the 9-10 win level. He can do that. He's proven it already with that very same team.
Somebody lock this guy in a closet and don't let him anywhere near Clark Hunt.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, the Chargers actually won a couple of playoff games after they got rid of him.

It took him 2 or three years to build the Chargers and it will take that long for them to disintegrate. The are 0-2 at present.

Brock
09-14-2008, 10:05 PM
It took him 2 or three years to build the Chargers and it will take that long for them to disintegrate. The are 0-2 at present.

They were like 1-3 last season. So what? They still got farther than they ever got with Marty.

DeezNutz
09-14-2008, 10:06 PM

They'll still win the division. It took smoke and mirrors for them to lose this afternoon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Name a few. Not meant as a challenge, but I'm curious as to who could be potential coaches (head or position).

I wasn't just talking about coaches, but what the hell:

Mike Singletary, Russ Grimm, Bruce Arians (who helped developed Manning), Doug Marrone, Bob Sanders (GB), Cam Cameron (Offense)

For personnel guys, I would look internally to the people in San Diego, New England, Green Bay, Dallas, and Indy because those teams consistently draft the best players who make immediate impacts.

DeezNutz
09-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I wasn't just talking about coaches, but what the hell:

Mike Singletary, Russ Grimm, Bruce Arians (who helped developed Manning), Doug Marrone, Bob Sanders (GB), Cam Cameron (Offense)

For personnel guys, I would look internally to the people in San Diego, New England, Green Bay, Dallas, and Indy because those teams consistently draft the best players who make immediate impacts.

Maybe there's someone over in Europe? Trey Hillman's been such a smashing success that I'd like to import another coach.

ROFL

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I knew there would be dissent when I posted this but Marty is tied with Stram for the most wins with this franchise. And a couple of years ago the Star took a poll of the Chiefs most popular all time coach and Marty beat Stram. I like winning and being on Monday Night football and going to the playoffs and that hasn't happened since Marty left.

Smed1065
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM

He built them in 2 years. No players before he got there? No players in the top 5, it was all Marty.

Must be good shit. Bogart.

DeezNutz
09-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I knew there would be dissent when I posted this but Marty is tied with Stram for the most wins with this franchise. And a couple of years ago the Star took a poll of the Chiefs most popular all time coach and Marty beat Stram. I like winning and being on Monday Night football and going to the playoffs and that hasn't happened since Marty left.

It was a great time to be a fan, but answer this question seriously and honestly: Do you think Marty can win it all?

philfree
09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
How 'bout Mike Holmgren as GM? He'll be done in Seattle at season's end. He knows QBs.

PhilFree:arrow:

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:19 PM
It was a great time to be a fan, but answer this question seriously and honestly: Do you think Marty can win it all?

He hasn't yet but if you want to make something out of nothing in a hurry, Marty is your man. You can then bring in your "new blood" to run the playoffs. Any new blood will be a risk and could further set back our Super Bowl aspirations. I want to win now and Marty can do that. He's done it over and over. But he probably wouldn't come back here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 10:20 PM
How 'bout Mike Holmgren as GM? He'll be done in Seattle at season's end. He knows QBs.

He was a horrible GM when at the helm in Seattle.

philfree
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM

He was also the HC and it's just to hard to do both.

SoCalBronco
09-14-2008, 10:22 PM

That's not the question you guys should be asking. The better question is, can Marty take you back to the playoffs. You have to crawl before you can walk. Once he gets you back to that point, you can change coaches.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM
its just too bad that people in KC ran marty off. People should really appreciate him now and what he did during the 90s

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM

There is something wrong with everybody. I'm not sure how many of the top candidates would take this job. I'm sure the Tuna wouldn't have. Beggars can't be choosers. But Marty might just to kick sand in Carl's face after he lost the power struggle.

DeezNutz
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
That's not the question you guys should be asking. The better question is, can Marty take you back to the playoffs. You have to crawl before you can walk. Once he gets you back to that point, you can change coaches.

But it is the question b/c a new coach will mean a new philosophy, etc. This isn't a 5-year project in the NFL. The next head coach needs to be the "right" guy, not just a bridge.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2008, 10:26 PM
There is something wrong with everybody. I'm not sure how many of the top candidates would take this job. I'm sure the Tuna wouldn't have. Beggars can't be choosers.

No there isn't. There's always something wrong with a retread, which is why they are retreads. New coaches are unknown commodities to an extent, but if they've shown a decent track record of fielding good units and developing players (Mike Tomlin), they have a hell of a lot more upside than bringing in Dom *****ing Capers or Norv Turner.

DeezNutz
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Or Tom Coughlin. Wait...check that...

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm a big Marty fan. The guy has experienced every bad break possible in every big game he's had, and he still considers himself and his teams to be winners. I admire that attitude.

That said, I'm afraid that the window has closed on Mr. Schottenheimer.

He deserved better than he ever got.

triple
09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
He did ok in San Diego.

But I think we're all a little punchdrunk here because anything's better than the Yugo of a front office we have now

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:33 PM
its just too bad that people in KC ran marty off. People should really appreciate him now and what he did during the 90s

Totally agree except the people in KC didn't run Marty off. Carl Peterson did. Marty is still the most popular coach the Chiefs have ever had according to a Star poll a couple of years go. Peterson thought he was the reason for our success in the 90's. He found out otherwise when Marty left.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm a big Marty fan. The guy has experienced every bad break possible in every big game he's had, and he still considers himself and his teams to be winners. I admire that attitude.

Yo might be right. He is 65 years old and may not want to coach any longer. What do you mean he considers himself and his teams winners? He is among the top 10 winningest coaches ever.

Friendo
09-14-2008, 10:36 PM

Marty's in a rocking chair overlooking Lake Lure, digging on the grandkids. He's got the last laugh.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:39 PM
What is Marty doing now? On the post game show they said he predicted the Raiders would beat us today.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 10:53 PM
No there isn't. There's always something wrong with a retread, which is why they are retreads. New coaches are unknown commodities to an extent, but if they've shown a decent track record of fielding good units and developing players (Mike Tomlin), they have a hell of a lot more upside than bringing in Dom *****ing Capers or Norv Turner.

Except a lot of those unit coaches don't have what it takes to be a head coach. I agree with retread losers like Turner and Capers. Mary is among the top 10 winners ever. Totally different story. Marty can take our present collection of shit and win next year. Check his first year with the Chiefs.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Yo might be right. He is 65 years old and may not want to coach any longer. What do you mean he considers himself and his teams winners? He is among the top 10 winningest coaches ever.

He's not wearing either of the rings he should have won with the Browns. He's not sporting his K.C. Super Bowl ring. He's not twirling his San Diego ring on his finger.

Still, IMHO, the man is a winner. That's all I'm saying.

You won't find a bigger Marty fan than I, Skip.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Marty's in a rocking chair overlooking Lake Lure, digging on the grandkids. He's got the last laugh.

I like that picture, but I really wish he had a ring to show those grandkids. He's the most deserving coach who doesn't have one, IMO.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Marty has lost every HC job he has ever had due to a conflict over player personnel with the GM. In Clevend it was Modell, in KC it was Peterson, in Washington it was Snyder in San Diego it was A.J. Smith. But while Marty was compiling his top ten ever winning percentage, nobody has ever let him run things like he wants to. A lot of egos involved it seems to me. As shitty as the Chiefs are, I think it is time to see what Marty can do when he finally has control. We could get a very pleasant surprise. The dude has proven he can win.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Marty should've never been canned in SD...

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 11:09 PM
He's not wearing either of the rings he should have won with the Browns. He's not sporting his K.C. Super Bowl ring. He's not twirling his San Diego ring on his finger.

Still, IMHO, the man is a winner. That's all I'm saying.

You won't find a bigger Marty fan than I, Skip.

I always thought you were pretty smart, now I'm sure of it.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Marty has lost every HC job he has ever had due to a conflict over player personnel with the GM. In Clevend it was Modell, in KC it was Peterson, in Washington it was Snyder in San Diego it was A.J. Smith. But while Marty was compiling his top ten ever winning percentage, nobody has ever let him run things like he wants to. A lot of egos involved it seems to me. As shitty as the Chiefs are, I think it is time to see what Marty can do when he finally has control. We could get a very pleasant surprise. The dude has proven he can win.

Agreed, but I think it's over now.

Agreed, in spades.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 11:13 PM

Agreed. Every other team he has left has gone downhill. Lets see if it happens again. I'm betting it will.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I would love for Marty to come back and run the team, but at this point he's probably thinking "**** it, time to enjoy life" Let's hope they atleast make the call...

Tribal Warfare
09-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Mike Singletary would be interesting as HC/DC or The Giants' DC Steve Spagnuolo

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Can anyone agree Herm does NOT get a coaching job after this in the NFL, atleast HC.

POND_OF_RED
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I'd take Herm over Marty for GM but I would take Marty over Herm for a head coach. Herm has put some great young talent on this team. I think he could make a very good GM sometime soon since he can't coach worth a shit.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
I would love for Marty to come back and run the team, but at this point he's probably thinking "**** it, time to enjoy life" Let's hope they atleast make the call...

I wouldn't blame the guy for sitting it out from here on in. The role of a head coach these days requires a ridiculous time commitment.

It would be fun to see our guy come back out and try to be the oldest ever to ever win the whole thing.

Even if he's offered the chance, I wonder whether he'd take it.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 11:20 PM
I'd take Herm over Marty for GM but I would take Marty over Herm for a head coach. Herm has put some great young talent on this team. I think he could make a very good GM sometime soon since he can't coach worth a shit.

I really don't want that guy near our team anymore honestly.....herm

POND_OF_RED
09-14-2008, 11:24 PM

I agree he will never come here. It would be pretty retarded to fire a head coach and bring him back as GM. I'm just saying down the line I think he would make a better GM choice than Marty. I could see him being more successful if he only had to scout talent. It's his only real strength as a coach.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree he will never come here. It would be pretty retarded to fire a head coach and bring him back as GM. I'm just saying down the line I think he would make a better GM choice than Marty. I could see him being more successful if he only had to scout talent. It's his only real strength as a coach.

He can go scout talent, but i may not even listen to him. I'm suprised they didn't **** up the Dorsey pick by taking Albert right there or drafting Joe Flacco at 5...

The guy is that ****ing stupid and im sick of him, where is bernard pollard to shred his knee?

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM

It depends.

My favorite sports team is the Colorado Avalanche. Tony Granato was the head coach of the team, but he suggested to the owner that Joel Quenneville should be hired as head coach instead.

Granato stayed on as an assistant coach.

It really depends on the character of the man you're talking about.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 11:31 PM
It depends.

My favorite sports team is the Colorado Avalanche. Tony Granato was the head coach of the team, but he suggested to the owner that Joel Quenneville should be hired as head coach instead.

Granato stayed on as an assistant coach.

It really depends on the character of the man you're talking about.
This is the same guy that put in a practice squad WR to play QB today....i don't care what character he has.....atleast right now

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Can anyone agree Herm does NOT get a coaching job after this in the NFL, atleast HC.

Without sounding like GoChiefs, that s a stone cold lock. One look at his record would secure that.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
You're looking to win now, Sure-Oz.

That's not a good idea given the Chiefs' predicament.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I would be THRILLED if Marty came back to this franchise in damn near any capacity. WTF is wrong with you guys? All the guy does is win.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I honestly think that if he took this team over tomorrow they'd finish with 6 or 7 wins, whereas now they're looking at a couple. Tops.

Sure-Oz
09-14-2008, 11:36 PM
You're looking to win now, Sure-Oz.

That's not a good idea given the Chiefs' predicament.

No, trust me i'm not looking to win now, i'm looking for improvements on the team. Like someone who can coach them up and get them to play better. Our defense was shredded for 300 yards of rushing offense and our offense was given zero chance to succeed. Even with Brodie starting...i'm very frustrated, i could care less if we lose all our games, but show me something....

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
It's a rebuild. You're supposed to suffer through it.

Skip Towne
09-14-2008, 11:40 PM

First off, Marty was not fired as the HC. He quit in a power struggle over player personnel with Peterson. Secondly, Herm has no proven administrative abilities, he was never even an OC or DC. Marty, on the other hand was /is a top of the line Head coach while Herm is a miserable failure as a HC. Why would you want to Peter Principle Herm to GM? He's already in over his head.

|Zach|
09-14-2008, 11:44 PM
You know I never thought about that. It is interesting. Would definitely like to get him involved in some form...I don't know if GM would be the best...that could require a lot of skill sets he may not have.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Yeah, lets hire someone who's NEVER been a GM.

Someone who's OUT OF FOOTBALL.

Someone who CAN'T WIN A ****ING PLAYOFF GAME.

Hell, he should be the President of the United States.

ClevelandBronco
09-14-2008, 11:52 PM

Someone who's OUT OF FOOTBALL.

Someone who CAN'T WIN A ****ING PLAYOFF GAME.

Hell, he should be the President of the United States.

You've never hired a guy who hasn't done exactly what you're looking for?

I'm surprised.

chiefs1111
09-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I just want to get some people in here who know what the hell they are doing and know how to BUILD A TEAM! Not to mention,someone who thinks different from Carl.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2008, 12:08 AM
You've never hired a guy who hasn't done exactly what you're looking for?

I'm surprised.

I've been "pushed" into hiring someone that wasn't exactly what I needed at the time.

You're just hoping the Chiefs hire Marty so Shanahan can continue to kick his ass for the next decade.

:D

Tribal Warfare
09-15-2008, 12:10 AM

It looks like Kuharich will be anointed as the GM when King Carl leaves

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2008, 12:12 AM
It looks like Kuharich will be anointed as the GM when King Carl leaves

Maybe we'll all get lucky as fans and Clark Hunt will wake up, look around and say **** THIS.

One man's dream...

TrickyNicky
09-15-2008, 12:14 AM
The thing about Kuharich is that he was the GM of Ditka's Saints. *shudders* No matter what, you can't excuse that shitstorm.

Tribal Warfare
09-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Maybe we'll all get lucky as fans and Clark Hunt will wake up, look around and say **** THIS.

One man's dream...

Kuharich has a great eye for talent, and hopefully he won't mortgage a draft for a single player like the Saints did.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Kuharich has a great eye for talent, and hopefully he won't mortgage a draft for a single player like the Saints did.

That was Mike Ditka. He personally lobbied Saints owner Tom Benson and won.

IF Williams hadn't been a head case, the deal probably would have been worth it to the Saints.

He's still a badass. Even after smoking pot, traveling to India, impregnating 10 women and trying his best to **** up his life.

Ditka was right about his talent but wrong about his head.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Why in Gods sweet name would anyone want to hire Martha? Martha, Martha, Marta...:Lin:

Martha is like your ex-girlfriend that you are still madly in love with, but she used you when you were dating. Used you so much that she was giving your best friends anal sex, the best anal sex alive, while she would only give you a handjob and maybe once in a great while, she would actually let you get in her.... Kind of like Martha and playoff wins.. Few and FAR between...

Thanks but no thanks to Martha in any capacity... It was a great regular season ride and an embarrassing still to this day playoff disaster one right after another.. Been down that rode once, have zero desire to travel it again...

Time for a NEW GM with Fresh Ideas, and a New NFL level Coach... The coaching tree of Carl, Marty, Gunther, DV and Herm is very stale and there isnt any of them worth a revisit.... EVER!

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Why in Gods sweet name would anyone want to hire Martha? Martha, Martha, Marta...:Lin:

Martha is like your ex-girlfriend that you are still madly in love with, but she used you when you were dating. Used you so much that she was giving your best friends anal sex, the best anal sex alive, while she would only give you a handjob and maybe once in a great while, she would actually let you get in her.... Kind of like Martha and playoff wins.. Few and FAR between...

Thanks but no thanks to Martha in any capacity... It was a great regular season ride and an embarrassing still to this day playoff disaster one right after another.. Been down that rode once, have zero desire to travel it again...

Time for a NEW GM with Fresh Ideas, and a New NFL level Coach... The coaching tree of Carl, Marty, Gunther, DV and Herm is very stale and there isnt any of them worth a revisit.... EVER!

Your and idiot. You can't even spell your username right. Your NEW GM may be a total ****up like Carl. I want somebody proven like Marty. We need to go down that "rode" again

Brock
09-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Your and idiot. You can't even spell your username right. Your NEW GM may be a total ****up like Carl. I want somebody proven like Marty. We need to go down that "rode" again

Marty isn't proven. Certainly not as a GM.

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Marty isn't proven. Certainly not as a GM.

He's proven he can build a winning team. Nobody was born a GM. Everybody had to get that first shot.

keg in kc
09-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Just when you think things couldn't get any worse.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:23 AM
He's proven he can build a winning team. Nobody was born a GM. Everybody had to get that first shot.
:banghead:

NO NO NO NO!

Dont be scared of letting go of the mediocrity train Skip...

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Just when you think things couldn't get any worse.
Marty at GM would be pushing Carl and Herm for the lowest of lows...

Marty failed miserably in the late 90's with personnel decisions... How can people forget "bones, thugs and Marty"?

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Marty at GM would be pushing Carl and Herm for the lowest of lows...

Marty failed miserably in the late 90's with personnel decisions... How can people forget "bones, thugs and Marty"?

Carl wouldn't let Marty pick who he wanted. That's why he left dumbass.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:33 AM
:thumb: Then we owe Carl a small debt of graditude!

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 07:39 AM
:thumb: Then we owe Carl a small debt of graditude!

Are you really as stupid as you appear?

Brock
09-15-2008, 07:41 AM

Neither would San Diego's GM. So I guess marty didn't really have all that much to do with building these teams.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Neither would San Diego's GM. So I guess marty didn't really have all that much to do with building these teams.
And yet, AJ Smith loaded that team with talent, had two very solid Coordinators and Marty still snake bit that team when it counted the most....

Marty is just bad mojo...

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Are you really as stupid as you appear?
Nope, I am just not going to buy into the "Marty as the next GM" hype... Its a bad move, just like hiring Herm is and was a bad move...

Yeah you can call me stupid all day long for wanting to douche Arrowhead from the stench of Carl, Marty, Gunther, DV and Herm..

Time for a new fresh load of ideas, wether they are right or wrong, we have to move forward and see... Marty will be out there in 4 years, not many people want him, and I can see why. Only people that want Marty are the Chiefs fans that want to return to the mediocrity glory years...

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Nope, I am just not going to buy into the "Marty as the next GM" hype... Its a bad move, just like hiring Herm is and was a bad move...

Yeah you can call me stupid all day long for wanting to douche Arrowhead from the stench of Carl, Marty, Gunther, DV and Herm..

Time for a new fresh load of ideas, wether they are right or wrong, we have to move forward and see... Marty will be out there in 4 years, not many people want him, and I can see why. Only people that want Marty are the Chiefs fans that want to return to the mediocrity glory years...

Reetard, you being against him is the best argument FOR him. You are willing to take another shot in the dark and maybe going through another 20 years of this shit. I'm not.

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 08:00 AM

It's really hard to say since we didn't have the info that we have today. But it appeared that Carl let him have his way until he built a winner and then Carl's ego took over and he thought he was responsible. We'll have to wait to see what happens in SD to find out if AJ built that team. But AJ certainly didn't build Cleveland or Washington.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Reetard, you being against him is the best argument FOR him. You are willing to take another shot in the dark and maybe going through another 20 years of this shit. I'm not.
So going with Marty is guarateeing superbowl appearances and wins?

Laughable at best Skip... For someone as OLD as shit, you should know better...

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 08:07 AM
It's really hard to say since we didn't have the info that we have today. But it appeared that Carl let him have his way until he built a winner and then Carl's ego took over and he thought he was responsible. We'll have to wait to see what happens in SD to find out if AJ built that team. But AJ certainly didn't build Cleveland or Washington.
Washington?

WTF? You serious? That team was in ****ing shambles when Marty left. Snyder tried to buy a superbowl with is wallet... That worked rather well...

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Washington?

WTF? You serious? That team was in ****ing shambles when Marty left. Snyder tried to buy a superbowl with is wallet... That worked rather well...

No, he brought Washington back from a horrible start to finish 8-8. Even with Snyder's interference.

keg in kc
09-15-2008, 08:13 AM
This thread will make wikipedia under 'senility'.

HemiEd
09-15-2008, 08:19 AM
No, he brought Washington back from a horrible start to finish 8-8. Even with Snyder's interference.

I agree, he had brought them back to respectability at least. He then built San Diego, got shafted again.

Brock
09-15-2008, 08:22 AM
I agree, he had brought them back to respectability at least. He then built San Diego, got shafted again.

LOL

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM

:huh:

Frankie
09-15-2008, 08:47 AM
I know there are several dumbasses who don't like Marty but he has a track record for turning franchises around. I doubt he would come back here but I would sure like to have him as GM. Let him pick the new coach.

Which one do you want as HC? Kurt or Jimmy Raye?

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Which one do you want as HC? Kurt or Jimmy Raye?

he would probably bring in Dave Aldolf... ROFL

chiefsngop
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM
When it comes to hiring Marty on :

The Good : IMO if the Chiefs would've went with Gannon over Grbac I believe KC would've brought home the Lombardi trophy when the talent was here. Give Marty credit for assembling that team.

The Bad : Set aside the few Vermeil years and the conservative mindset around 1 arrowhead drive has cost this team plenty over the years. Remember Marty ball ? And don't quote me Chargers success, they didn't make it to the big one.

The Ugly : No one's wife will be safe once the big Schot returns !

The Other Idea : Bill Cowher, has KC connections, has made it to the big one. Won't take any sh*t excuses from coaches, players, or LJ.

Hoover
09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I'd rather have Herm as GM

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I'd rather have Herm as GM

I'd rather have Ultra Peanut as GM than Marty.

And I'm not kidding.