PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is this rock bottom?

rambleonthruthefog
09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
11 straight losses, our latest to a bad OAK team in our own house. no offense for the past 2 or 3 seasons, and getting worse with no end in sight. a defense consistantly giving up the big play(the offense living on the sideline doesn't help.) an overpaid, no blocking crybaby at HB, and a headcoach that is as clueless as any i can remember in this league. Someone needs to pay for this. Who should be held accountable. I submit the Jared Allen theory. If we can lose with him , then we can lose without him.

FIRE HERMAN EDWARDS THIS INSTANT!!!!!!!

there is no time like the present to look toward the future. The chiefs future should not include Herm. This guy is a *****ing joke. He has taken our beloved franchise, drivin' it into the ground, and made us the laughing stock of the league. I don't want all these youngsters learning a tradition of loss, which is what Herm brings to the table(see NY Jets).

Guru
09-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Nope. It CAN get worse.

HonestChieffan
09-15-2008, 09:31 AM
No we have more games on the schedule and as many Herm interviews as well.

Fish
09-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Ha.... there's a basement and sub-basement below this level of shititude... Chiefs fans are spoiled in that regard.

It could be(get) much worse....

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
It can and will get worse.....

Brock
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
We told you so.

gblowfish
09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Go out and buy a big ole bottle of turd polish.
This thing ain't close to ugly yet.

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Hmmm...I wonder if there's gonna be anymore "TEH CHIEFS SUCK, FIRE HERM AND CARL!1!" threads?

I have a good response for those.

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM
I had a headache after the game. Seriously I had to take 3 aspirin. THIS is my entetainment?

rambleonthruthefog
09-15-2008, 09:43 AM
We told you so.

congrats. your right, and your an *sshole.

i told you so. nobody like people like you.

Brock
09-15-2008, 09:53 AM
congrats. your right, and your an *sshole.

i told you so. nobody like people like you.

Oh, I'm sorry. Does the Stupid Homer have yet more things to be wrong about?

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Ha.... there's a basement and sub-basement below this level of shititude... Chiefs fans are spoiled in that regard.

People just don't get it, Fish.

That's why I added my sig line...

Redrum_69
09-15-2008, 09:55 AM
LOL rockbottom? the second game of the year?

nope. not yet

Wanna know rockbottom?

Just wait until Cincy is here in week 17 and our record is 0-15

by then, the QB's will be on a 2 minute rotation..regardless of how well they are doing.

Nzoner
09-15-2008, 09:56 AM

I don't know how it gets any worse than being utterly embarrassed in the home opener against another shit team of the NFL,a hated division rival,and a team that other than KC will probably be a doormat for other teams to wipe their cleats on.

StcChief
09-15-2008, 09:56 AM
that will occur after 11/09 when SD stumps us and we are still winless.

Guru
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't know how it gets any worse than being utterly embarrassed in the home opener against another shit team of the NFL,a hated division rival,and a team that other than KC will probably be a doormat for other teams to wipe their cleats on.
Heh. You were right about the blowout though. :thumb:

Al Bundy
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
0-16 is the bottom, which is a distinct possibility.

Bowser
09-15-2008, 10:01 AM
The Chiefs have merely opened the door to get to the steps that take you to rock bottom, and it's a long climb down.

DJ's left nut
09-15-2008, 10:01 AM

++

Even if we go 0-16; that's just staying at a steady level of suck.

It gets no worse than this. We realized today just how incompetent this team is in nearly all facets of the game. We realized that 0-16 is a very VERY real possibility (anyone think we'll be favored in a game from here out?). We got our asses handed to us in our HOME OPENER against our biggest rivals...who just so happen to suck.

You folks that think it can get worse just haven't put this in its proper perspective. I'm not claiming it's going to get better, but this is absolutely as bad as it gets.

Nzoner
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM

Oh I get it and I don't expect much this season but how the hell do you travel to New England and at least look respectable only to come home to an absolutely shitty team and get punk'd in your own house.

Something tells me these kids saw Denver massacre these bums last Monday night and thought no problem and if Herm didn't (which I don't know but can't see he did) pound into their head that you don't look past anyone in this league then his ass should be gone today.

el borracho
09-15-2008, 10:10 AM
No, not likely. If we don't win in Atlanta next week we will not have another winable game until the end of November when we play the Raiders again and if we lose that we have to hope like heck we beat the Dolphins. Yesterday sucked not because our overall record went to 0-2 but because yesterday was one of the four games we had a shot at winning this year and we got blown out in ridiculous fashion. Seriously- 300 yards on the ground to the Raiders? Hagans running the option? We lost to a team that averaged 3.2 yards per pass and has one of the worst Olines in the league and we didn't manage one sack. If we had played well and lost that would be one thing but to get blown away by a crappy team like the Raiders is inexcusable.

Fish
09-15-2008, 10:10 AM

I've come to the conclusion that some fans watch the Chiefs and only the Chiefs. And they've been that way for so long that they don't realize what some teams actually have to go through to build a winning franchise.

Case in point, Cleveland Browns, 1995-2007:
5-11
2-14
3-13
7-9
9-7
5-11
4-12
6-10
4-12
10-6

12 years of complete shit performance. Could you picture this fan base going through that now? Damn.....

Or look at the Pats before they got their shit together...

Pats 1987-1993:

8-8
9-7
5-11
1-15
6-10
2-14
5-11

But 2 games into our rebuild, and fans are demanding that the team be banished from the realm... :banghead:

Bowser
09-15-2008, 10:13 AM
But 2 games into our rebuild, and fans are demanding that the team be banished from the realm... :banghead:

It's not about where we are in the rebuild. It's about twenty years with only three playoff wins, at least it is for me. This rebuild should have taken place when Gunther left as HC, not after Herm eeeked out a playoff berth with what was left of Vermeil's teams.

rambleonthruthefog
09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. Does the Stupid Homer have yet more things to be wrong about?

i knew we weren't gonna be good, i just didn't know we would be this bad.
I'd rather be wrong, then an azzhole, though.

You did know, brock(pat on the back for you). The way you expressed it before the season, and the way you've worded it afterward is grade A azzhole.

If your real personality is anything like your online one, then I thinks its a safe assumption you lack many real friends. People like you can only pretend to be happy. Sadly the misery and sadness of others are what you feed off of. a human parasite. probably fat and ugly, too.

Goapics1
09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/09/15/david-cook.jpg

How was David Cook yesterday?

Redrum_69
09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
It's not about where we are in the rebuild. It's about twenty years with only three playoff wins, at least it is for me. This rebuild should have taken place when Gunther left as HC, not after Herm eeeked out a playoff berth with what was left of Vermeil's teams.

Herm didnt exactly do anything other than get lucky by winning the last games on the schedule.

The rest of the teams that had to lose..lost.

The moon alliagned with all the planets and the unholy trinity was born that day as well.

Then the colts proved we didnt belong in the playoffs.

again.

as usual.

the end

Bowser
09-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Herm didnt exactly do anything other than get lucky by winning the last games on the schedule.

The rest of the teams that had to lose..lost.

The moon alliagned with all the planets and the unholy trinity was born that day as well.

Then the colts proved we didnt belong in the playoffs.

again.

as usual.

the end

Yep.

FringeNC
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Rock bottom is when Herm and Carl sign 20-year extensions.

gblowfish
09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/09/15/david-cook.jpg

How was David Cook yesterday?

Up to his nose in Grade A Poon, apparently.
Bet in his mind he wanted to run back and forth going bbbbbbbbthhhhhhh......
up and down the row.

Heh...

KCJohnny
09-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Is this rock bottom?
Yes.
Is this Herm's fault?
No.
This team will compete for the playoffs in 2010-2012.
Carl is the villian here, not Herm. Carl bet the farm on DV and that experiment requires substantial clean up.

FAX
09-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Is this rock bottom?
Yes.
Is this Herm's fault?
No.
Carl is the villian here, not Herm. Carl bet the farm on DV and that experiment requires substantial clean up.

This is where our opinions part company, Mr. KCJohnny. Of course Carl is responsible when you take the long view in respect to the devolution of the Kansas City Chiefs. But Herm and his BoM are culpable.

Since you've been occupied (or, perhaps, occupying) overseas, you may not have heard, but according to various reports on events transpiring inside the Chiefs' FO, Herm emerged victorious from the internal, off-season power struggle between the titanic fools in control of our destiny. If true, Hermoine is now in charge of key decision making such as how we "rebuild", who starts at QB, how many bars of soap are allotted to each player, etc. Besides, were it not for our utterly lame gameplanning and playcalling (which hasn't really changed since game 2 of the 2006 season), there would be far less dismay. And, Hermoine is certainly responsible for shoveling that pile of guanoriffic bat poo down our gullets.

FAX

Demonpenz
09-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Wait until the off the field problems start happening. The last thing on this teams mind seems to be football

KCJohnny
09-15-2008, 11:04 AM
This is where our opinions part company, Mr. KCJohnny. Of course Carl is responsible when you take the long view in respect to the devolution of the Kansas City Chiefs. But Herm and his BoM are culpable.

Since you've been occupied (or, perhaps, occupying) overseas, you may not have heard, but according to various reports on events transpiring inside the Chiefs' FO, Herm emerged victorious from the internal, off-season power struggle between the titanic fools in control of our destiny. If true, Hermoine is now in charge of key decision making such as how we "rebuild", who starts at QB, how many bars of soap are allotted to each player, etc. Besides, were it not for our utterly lame gameplanning and playcalling (which hasn't really changed since game 2 of the 2006 season), there would be far less dismay. And, Hermoine is certainly responsible for shoveling that pile of guanoriffic bat poo down our gullets.

FAX

1. The "occupying" comment is deeply distasteful and insulting to OIF vets.

2. Herm's preceived emergence as victorious in any FO skirmish is what you and others have demanded for years. If Carl's hegemony is broken, a new current may flow at One Arrowhead Drive. That will require several years of reprogramming. Trust me. As an "occupier" I know the narrative in reprogramming a poor, enslaved population to becoming a free, self-governing state.

The Chiefs are entertainment. The actions of our government abroad deserve the utmost respect and support. More is riding on popular perception than you would imagine.

Mr. Laz
09-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Nope. It CAN get worse.

we play 1 team who just lost their starting QB and 1 team that sucks almost as bad as we do.

oh ..... hell yeah it can get worse

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh I get it and I don't expect much this season but how the hell do you travel to New England and at least look respectable only to come home to an absolutely shitty team and get punk'd in your own house.

Something tells me these kids saw Denver massacre these bums last Monday night and thought no problem and if Herm didn't (which I don't know but can't see he did) pound into their head that you don't look past anyone in this league then his ass should be gone today.

They looked respectable against a team that was missing their most important player, and arguably, the MVP of the entire NFL.

They got "punked" by a team that is no where near as bad as they showed last week against Denver.

With a roster as young as this, there are going to be weeks where they don't even resemble the team they showed the week before.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM

I agree, Bowser.

But it didn't, and you can't go back and change it.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 11:10 AM

This man gets it.

Nzoner
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
They looked respectable against a team that was missing it'smost important player, and arguably, the MVP of the entire NFL.

They got "punked" by a team that is no where near as bad as they showed last week against Denver.

With a roster as yougn as this, there are going to be weeks where they don't even resemble the team they showed the week before.

Sorry the Raiders are/will be bad again,like Petro just said this could've happened against a much better team and we as fans could understand it a little better but not the focking Raiders.

rambleonthruthefog
09-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Is this rock bottom?
Yes.
Is this Herm's fault?
No.

how you could let herm off the accountability hook is beyond me. he picked em. the players the coaches. he got worse every year. he seems to have learned nothing from his mistakes. hes stubborn and backwards thinking. other coaches do more with less. i say keep carl. he turned a sh*t franchise into a winning one. herm turned a winning franchise into a sh*t one. his one playoff appearance was a fluke, that game was about as ugly as yesterdays. we won't win with him. why wait to fire him.

ROYC75
09-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I had a headache after the game. Seriously I had to take 3 aspirin. THIS is my entetainment?

Should have jerked one off cause that wasn't anywhere close entertaining ..... I got lucky, The remnants of Ike came thru at 2:20 and we lost power.

The only thing I missed was the extra embarrassment of watching it. I had already turned it over to watch NASCAR by then.

Skip, what are the chances I can get a refund on my Sunday Ticket ?

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Sorry the Raiders are/will be bad again,like Petro just said this could've happened against a much better team and we as fans could understand it a little better but not the focking Raiders.

Joe, I like you, and this is NOT an attack on you, but:

Fans are ****ing idiots, for the most part.

This is the NFL. Contrary to popular belief, the difference between and 10-6 team and a 6-10 team are just a few plays made, or not made over the course of the season.

Wins and losses are relative to the situations in which they are achieved.

Christ, we were 4-3 at one point last year and people THOUGHT we were playoff bound. That team was just as bad in the first 7 games as they were in the last nine - the difference is that our incompetence was overshadowed by the other team's incompetence in 4 of those games.

boogblaster
09-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Head coaching isn't a glamor job .. But that display yesterday was retarted .. Plus our D-line got punked ...

Chiefshrink
09-15-2008, 11:25 AM
I think you are right Fringe!!

The big question really lies with Clark, as the losses pile up and thus goes his reputation with the fans and the NFL as to what type of owner he is IMHO. Does he want to be seen as a "do-nothing owner" who lets the GM and coaches run the team further in the ground as the season goes on and set the team back even farther for the start of next season? Or does he show everyone on both sides how big his balls are and starts swinging them to send a message that a lack of progress will NOT be tolerated.

The Pressure at this point is really on Clark IMO as to when the team cannot get anyworse than it is,and when he starts swinging his demolition balls, if he has any does he make this move.

KCJohnny
09-15-2008, 11:25 AM
how you could let herm off the accountability hook is beyond me. he picked em. the players the coaches. he got worse every year. he seems to have learned nothing from his mistakes. hes stubborn and backwards thinking. other coaches do more with less. i say keep carl. he turned a sh*t franchise into a winning one. herm turned a winning franchise into a sh*t one. his one playoff appearance was a fluke, that game was about as ugly as yesterdays. we won't win with him. why wait to fire him.

Dude. Its week TWO. We have 13 rookies on the roster. Relax.

el borracho
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
For the record:
Herm Edwards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Edwards#With_Kansas_City)

2001 10-6
2002 9-7
2003 6-10
2004 10-6
2005 4-12
2006 9-7
2007 4-12
2008 ?
Total 52-62

FAX
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
1. The "occupying" comment is deeply distasteful and insulting to OIF vets.

It was merely a play on words. Please don't make me pull the "Who sacrificed more for his country in this lifetime" card, Mr. KCJohnny. I will win.

2. Herm's preceived emergence as victorious in any FO skirmish is what you and others have demanded for years. If Carl's hegemony is broken, a new current may flow at One Arrowhead Drive. That will require several years of reprogramming. Trust me. As an "occupier" I know the narrative in reprogramming a poor, enslaved population to becoming a free, self-governing state.

Are you insane, peep? Are you truly comparing our overseas military presence to the goings-on at the Chiefs' FO? If so, I'm not going there. Or, if that's intended to be funny, it's tons worse than my comment that fostered your number 1 response. Besides, how do you know that I have demanded that Herm take power away from Carl? When have you seen me express the desire that Herm take any power away from anyone ... or have any power whatsoever in any form or at any time?

The Chiefs are entertainment. The actions of our government abroad deserve the utmost respect and support. More is riding on popular perception than you would imagine.

I refer you to my first response. Honestly, Mr. KCJohnny, I have respect for you and you don't want me to go there. Nor, do I.

FAX

Brock
09-15-2008, 11:31 AM
It was merely a play on words. Please don't make me pull the "Who sacrificed more for his country in this lifetime" card, Mr. KCJohnny. I will win.

Are you insane, peep?

To answer your question, yes, he is a mentally unstable person.

KCJohnny
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM

Are you insane, peep? Are you truly comparing our overseas military presence to the goings-on at the Chiefs' FO? If so, I'm not going there. Or, if that's intended to be funny, it's tons worse than my comment that fostered your number 1 response. Besides, how do you know that I have demanded that Herm take power away from Carl? When have you seen me express the desire that Herm take any power away from anyone ... or have any power whatsoever in any form or at any time?

I refer you to my first response. Honestly, Mr. KCJohnny, I have respect for you and you don't want me to go there. Nor, do I.

FAX

Let's go there. For the readership of Chiefs Planet (that most unsavory group) please, state explicitly what you allude to. I have nothing to lose. Everyone here hates me already.

[if your 'occupying' remark was a military inside joke/remark, please send me a PM to clarify].

Nzoner
09-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Joe, I like you, and this is NOT an attack on you, but:

Fans are ****ing idiots, for the most part.

This is the NFL. Contrary to popular belief, the difference between and 10-6 team and a 6-10 team are just a few plays made, or not made over the course of the season.

Wins and losses are relative to the situations in which they are achieved.

Christ, we were 4-3 at one point last year and people THOUGHT we were playoff bound. That team was just as bad in the first 7 games as they were in the last nine - the difference is that our incompetence was overshadowed by the other team's incompetence in 4 of those games.

Dude it's all good we're just two passionate fans that happen to disagree on a few points.I think the game has changed to a downfield game and I do not want a HC that has the focking inability to realize that and makes a dumbass statement about scoring too much means you should be in the arena league or whatever the hell he said.

I just think the guy is incompetent as hell and I look no further than last year's Jags game,a must win,and we pulled out every trick in the book and during his PC he says it was a must win we had to get creative and then goes into the play-offs and is too focking stubborn to abandon his gameplan.:banghead:

CosmicPal
09-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry, but this is indeed rock bottom. I've been on the "this is a rebuilding year, so get over it" bandwagon way before the season started.

But this team I witnessed yesterday, was lethargic against one of our most bitter rivals. This isn't about the season. This is about how they played yesterday. Every former Chiefs team I've ever known would have done their best to destroy the Raiders, and if we couldn't beat the snot out of them, we would have fought them like coked up gangsters on every play. There would have been an anger boiling in their stomachs and you could witness each player playing with a fire born in their eyes.

I didn't see ANY of that yesterday. And don't tell me about how there's a hundred new faces on the team- this is supposed to be the day you introduce them to their most bitter rival and you sure as hell let them know that. Instead, what I saw was a team going through the motions without any emotions.

I already anticipated this was going to be a long season, but I sure as hell didn't think it was going to be this bad- particularly against our most bitter rival at home!

Mr. Kotter
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
If it is not rock-bottom, it's pretty damn close.

After yesterday, I can honestly imagine an 0-16 season. Seriously.

Now, Herm likely won't let that happen; he'll be able to steal a couple or more wins. If he does, the question then becomes, will it be enough to save his job....I hope not. OTOH, with that said....I can see Hunt sticking with CP and Herm through next year. To see the Stadium renovation through, if for no other reason.

After that though, Hunt might finally do the house cleaning that's been over-due for years, now. But I won't be holding my breath.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Dude it's all good we're just two passionate fans that happen to disagree on a few points.I think the game has changed to a downfield game and I do not want a HC that has the focking inability to realize that and makes a dumbass statement about scoring too much means you should be in the arena league or whatever the hell he said.

I just think the guy is incompetent as hell and I look no further than last year's Jags game,a must win,and we pulled out every trick in the book and during his PC he says it was a must win we had to get creative and then goes into the play-offs and is too focking stubborn to abandon his gameplan.:banghead:

I agree 100% with this post.

But, for better or for worse, we have to deal with it, for at least this season, and hope that Clark has the stones to initiate REAL CHANGE in the offseason.

Carl: GONE

Herm: GONE

Kuharich: GONE

No one gets out alive. And I mean NO ONE.

Nothing is left but Clark and a pile of rubble. Blow it the **** up.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Dude. Its week TWO. We have 13 rookies on the roster. Relax.
Dude its Year 3 and no signaficant improvement in the coaching staff..

You ****ing relax...

FAX
09-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Let's go there. For the readership of Chiefs Planet (that most unsavory group) please, state explicitly what you allude to. I have nothing to lose. Everyone here hates me already.

[if your 'occupying' remark was a military inside joke/remark, please send me a PM to clarify].

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm having a good day and would prefer not to dwell on it, if you don't mind. I do, however, have some Dutch Uncle advice for you, though. Before you roll out the "holier than thou" routine, it might be a good idea to know a little more about the "thou".

FAX

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2008, 11:40 AM

But, for better or for worse, we have to deal with it, for at least this season, and hope that Clark has the stones to initiate REAL CHANGE in the offseason.

Its going to be 2009 when that happens. You know they want everything fresh and new for the stadium when it reopens in 2010.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 11:40 AM

Great Post!:clap:

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Its going to be 2009 when that happens. You know they want everything fresh and new for the stadium when it reopens in 2010.

That's what I said. The offseason.

2009 is just over 3 months away.

KCJohnny
09-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks, but no thanks. I'm having a good day and would prefer not to dwell on it, if you don't mind. I do, however, have some Dutch Uncle advice for you, though. Before you roll out the "holier than thou" routine, it might be a good idea to know a little more about the "thou".

FAX
Send it, Over.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 11:44 AM

So why not bring in a new fresh approach and staff, so when 2010 opens we can really enjoy the benefits?

Keeping Herm and Carl around after this year is pointless at best...

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/20gjf3t.png

OnTheWarpath58
So why not bring in a new fresh approach and staff, so when 2010 opens we can really enjoy the benefits?

Exactly my point.

ChiefsCountry

I meant after the 2009 season. I just dont think they are going to pull the trigger on anything until then. Clark's a pretty smart dude, I think he knew this year was going to be what it is.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Exactly my point.
fair enough, I see you meant 2009...

CosmicPal
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM

I agree, however, they are under contract. I'm sure someone here can answer what the ramifications would be if we were to break their contracts now. I don't know what that might be.

I would think if we can get out of their contracts without breaking our balls, we would do it in a heartbeat.

Can someone verify that?

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree, however, they are under contract. I'm sure someone here can answer what the ramifications would be if we were to break their contracts now. I don't know what that might be.

I would think if we can get out of their contracts without breaking our balls, we would do it in a heartbeat.

Can someone verify that?

I think we just have to pay them for the season.

If they were to take jobs elsewhere *snicker* they would forfeit their salary from KC.

Someone please correct me if that is incorrect...

TN_Chief
09-15-2008, 11:50 AM
0-16 is the bottom, which is a distinct possibility.We'll effectively be there in 5 more weeks. I don't see much difference between 0-16 in a season or 16 consecutive non-playoff losses.

Chiefshrink
09-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Clark better start swinging his "demolition wrecking balls" NOW if he has any, in order not to allow Carl and Herm not to drive this team any further into the ground than it already has at this point!!

TN_Chief
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM

I would think if we can get out of their contracts without breaking our balls, we would do it in a heartbeat.I believe there are justifiable reasons for firing someone that also nullify their contract. Gross incompetence might be one of them...

FAX
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Actually, when you think about it a certain way, it might make sense to keep Herm around for 1 more year.

It is possible that a lot of his draft picks are going to work out well. Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Charles, et al. Even Tank and Turk are showing promise. These are, apparently, good players acquired through the draft with, ostensibly, bright futures (something we honestly haven't seen here in awhile). Since Herm has committed to this "go young, young man" approach and since Clarkie likes that idea, the prudent thing to do might be to keep Hermoine doing what he does best and let him draft our next class. Then, when the stable is full, bring in someone who is a true coach, a solid gameday guy, and a more strategic thinker. We don't need Carl for any of that, but it looks like Herm is delivering value for his salary in the form of solid picks.

FAX

Bowser
09-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree, Bowser.

But it didn't, and you can't go back and change it.

Oh trust me, I've tried to get a Way-Back machine and a really smart dog off of E-Bay so I can go back and try to make things right, but to no avail. My comment was aimed more at why people are throwing their hands up in the air now and not seemingly realizing what is going on at Arrowhead. We all know it's a rebuild, and we all know it probably should have started three or four years ago as opposed to this one. Throw in the fact the Chiefs have won three playoff games in twenty ****ing years gives you the reason why people are acting like Ragnarok has started. (and it still cracks me up to think that the Giants won FOUR playoff games last year alone, including the Super Bowl, ALL ON THE ROAD. JAY EFF CEE)

KCJohnny
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM

FAX
:hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Actually, when you think about it a certain way, it might make sense to keep Herm around for 1 more year.

It is possible that a lot of his draft picks are going to work out well. Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Charles, et al. Even Tank and Turk are showing promise. These are, apparently, good players acquired through the draft with, ostensibly, bright futures (something we honestly haven't seen here in awhile). Since Herm has committed to this "go young, young man" approach and since Clarkie likes that idea, the prudent thing to do might be to keep Hermoine doing what he does best and let him draft our next class. Then, when the stable is full, bring in someone who is a true coach, a solid gameday guy, and a more strategic thinker. We don't need Carl for any of that, but it looks like Herm is delivering value for his salary in the form of solid picks.

FAXCombover.

FAX
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Combover.

No, no, no. Plugs. Definitely plugs.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
0-16 is probable.

ChiefaRoo
09-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Nope. It CAN get worse.
Yep, I once saw Todd Blackledge throw and INT to the same DE twice in one game against the Chargers. The DE was at the line of scrimmage at the time.