PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs At what point are we supposed to see improvement?

bobbything
09-15-2008, 08:53 AM
If I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be I suppose, isn't the idea of drafting high and playing young to show marked improvement with those particular players? At what point do these players start showing signs of improvement?

Of course, the Brodie Croyle experiment is put on hold for the time being. Larry Johnson, who I still contend is not the brightest hole-reader in the league and has no ability to improvise, has become neutralized. Bowe seems to have regressed a little. The other receivers provide no more boost than a cardboard cutout. When the young defensive line was being parted like the Red Sea, the linebackers were jumping out of their lanes all day.

Hell, we're running the option with a practice squad QB. That pretty much sums up our coaching right there.

Yes, yes. Young season. Bad offensive line. It can get better. But, it can also get worse.

At what point should we expect improvement? Spare me the "when Herm and Carl are gone" responses. If that's the case, then just say "we're not going to improve this season."

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 08:55 AM
If that's the case, then just say "we're not going to improve this season."

Uhhhhh.... I think we know where this one is going....

Bowser
09-15-2008, 08:59 AM
We're not going to improve this season.

Seriously, our offensive line looks every bit as bad as last year's did. Until they can shore that up, we will not see anything on offense. That's why we have a practice squad receiver playing QB and running the option. And as the old cliche goes, if you can't stop the run, you're not going to win games. That being said, that blowhard Krumrie needs to be fired, A-****ing-SAP. Long term, I don't think it looks any better for a few years down the road, because we still don't have a QB this team can build around. We could take Stafford next year, but then it's almost a given that it will be three years of watching him learn the game before he becomes a force.

Bottom line - the Chiefs are going to suck hard for this year and a few years to come.