PDA

View Full Version : Weather NFT: Storm damage...

MeaTy The Pimp
09-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Did anyone else get hit by the remnants of Hurricane Ike? We lost power about 11:30am yesterday, and by the sounds of it, it is probably a good thing I didn't get to see the game. We had numerous trees and limbs down, and as of about 4PM yesterday there were an estimated 250,000 people without power in Louisville Ky. Is everyone else doing alright?

I am at work now (I have been since 4:30am) and am cleaning up problems here. I hope my power is on when I get home...

bkkcoh
09-15-2008, 12:46 PM
we lost power about 5:00 Sunday pm and as of know they are estimating having it back on by Wednesday around 8:00 pm....

StcChief
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Just a lot (5.5 inches) of rain. flooding / power in STL areas effected.

Creeks are out.

sportsman1
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
We lost power for a little while. The poorer infrastructure parts of the city are still out of power. Lots of wind damage on the Arkansas side of the river, a bit on the Tennessee side.

DaFace
09-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I've decided that Denver is one of the most boring cities in the world with regard to weather. Yeah, we get snow, but all that does is slow people down. Even when we had a blizzard a couple years back, we never lost power or anything. It was just a lot of sitting around and waiting on it to stop. No hurricanes, no earthquakes, no tornadoes...boring.

But I guess a lack of things that could potentially kill me isn't that bad. :sulk:

Frazod
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
There was flooding all over the Chicago area this weekend. The rain finally stopped today, but there were parts of the area that got over 9" - we got about 6" in Naperville. Several area interstates were shut down, a couple were still out this morning. Side streets are a mess, and thousands of homes flooded. It rained like hell up here, independent of the hurricane remnants, which blew through yesterday. The cloud cover was so thick Saturday that my DTV was out for hours, and prior to that it had never gone out for more than a few minutes at a time.

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/6jn7dv.gif

MeaTy The Pimp
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
The rain finally stopped today, but there were parts of the area that got over 9" - we got about 6" in Naperville.

The company I work for has their home office in Naperville.

bkkcoh
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
we lost power about 5:00 Sunday pm and as of know they are estimating having it back on by Wednesday around 8:00 pm....

Our power came back on about 3:30 yesterday afternoon.