PDA

View Full Version : Football Fire Herm and Carl NOW poll

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
If it was your call what would you do?

TrickyNicky
09-15-2008, 01:59 PM
There isn't much to gain from firing them right now. End of the season is fine with me. However, Clark should have announced this is Carls last year already.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
At the endo of the season...

This way a new GM and coach would have some good draft picks and have time to get thier staff and players in and ready to start the 09 season...

Pestilence
09-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Fire Carl
Demote Herm to Media Representative. He can go in front of the media after every game and say it's OKKKKKKK.

Hog Farmer
09-15-2008, 02:05 PM
At the endo of the season...

This way a new GM and coach would have some good draft picks and have time to get thier staff and players in and ready to start the 09 season...

And why should we not start that RIGHT ****ING NOW?????????

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
So we had 2 "true fans" vote for keeping Carl??

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM

I agree, give the new coach as much time as he can to get things straightened ou before next season.

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Brewers just fired Ned Yost, lol

Rooster
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
So we had 2 "true fans" vote for keeping Carl??

I think that was Rufus Dawes voting twice.

StcChief
09-15-2008, 02:12 PM
barring major improvements... they will have fired themselves.

penchief
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
After yesterday's ineptitude I'm finally on board for getting rid of both. However, I would evaluate them at the end of the season before doing anything. I'm fully on board with this being their last year if they don't produce anything significant by season's end.

TrickyNicky
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I agree, give the new coach as much time as he can to get things straightened ou before next season.

So we wouldn't be limiting our options at coaching positions by doing it in Week 3? Not many coaches are going to leave their team in mid-season just to take over a train wreck.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
So we wouldn't be limiting our options at coaching positions by doing it in Week 3? Not many coaches are going to leave their team in mid-season just to take over a train wreck.

Cowhers is available

philfree
09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Clark needs to make Carl fire Herm. Gun can look it up on the internet for Herm. Then Carl needs to sit quietly while Clark hires the interim HC. Then Carl needs to sit quietly in a lame duck stauts to the end of the season when Clark fires him. Carl could see what's coming and resign first.

PhilFree:arrow:

Carlota69
09-15-2008, 02:23 PM
There isn't much to gain from firing them right now. End of the season is fine with me. However, Clark should have announced this is Carls last year already.

The season is already over, isn't it?

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Hey I am all for it, I would go for it now, But I was trying to be reasonable....

FringeNC
09-15-2008, 02:33 PM
There is a non-trivial reason to fire Herm today. Assuming a new GM can't be brought in immediately, he will need to review game film to determine how to prioritize the roster revamping. It'll be much more difficult if he is watching film of the Chiefs from games like yesterday when the scheming and effort level that was not NFL-caliber. Fire Herm and Gun immediately, promote Gailey to head coach, and start looking for a new GM.

BigMeatballDave
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Am I seeing that correct? There are actually 5 people in favor of keeping Carl? WTF?

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 02:48 PM

Do you have any clue?

Who are we going to hire in the middle of a season?

Any decent candidate is likely working for another team, in some capacity. You can't just start interviewing guys that are currently working.

Trying to replace Herm/Carl now ensures we'll get the shittiest replacement possible.

Simply Red
09-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Brewers just fired Ned Yost, lol

He'll be Mgr. for the Braves when Bobby steps down. MMW's

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Cowhers is available

Nevermind. Just ignore my previous post.

It's OBVIOUS that you don't have a clue...

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Do you two have any clue?

Any decent candidate is likely working for another team, in some capacity. You can't just start interviewing guys that are currently working.

Trying to replace Herm/Carl now ensures we'll get the shittiest replacement possible.

So now Cowhers is the shittiest replacement possible. Sometimes I wonder why I even post.

kcvet
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
the seasons over. fire both now put in an interim HC.

FringeNC
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Do you have any clue?

Obviously, it'll be impossible to get a coach under contract. I wonder about assistant GMs? Might they be allowed to leave? It really wouldn't be a disruption. I don't think you could have an extended interview process with multiple candidates, but if you know who you wanted, you may be able to hire the guy.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 02:57 PM
So now Cowhers is the shitties replacement possible. Sometimes I wonder why I even post.

Trust me, a LOT of us wonder why you post.

Here we go with the Cowher BS again...let's get this all out on the table now.

First: Cowher left one of the best jobs in the NFL to spend more time with his family in Carolina. What in God's name makes you think he'd WANT to come here and literally start from scratch?

Second: Even IF he was willing to take the challenge of rebuilding a franchise, he's much more likely to do it close to his family. East coast.

Third: He has a sweet gig now making good money to work one day a week for CBS. Why would he leave that for a shitty situation here?

Fourth, and most importantly: None of those things matter. Bill Cowher (and Marty) are EXACTLY what you guys are bitching about philosophically. Powerful ground game. Tough defense. Win TOP battle. QB's as game managers. For Christ sake, they're the white Herman Edwards, they just happen to handle the clock better.

Please, PLEASE people...give up on this Marty and Cowher bullshit. It's not happening, and I can't for the life of me figure out why ANYONE would WANT it to happen.

You're just begging for more of the same...

DJJasonp
09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
There's been a lot of talk on this board today about firing whomever and when do we fire them....

One thing I havent seen mentioned.....the players yesterday - on both sides of the ball - looked like they quit on Herm. Tony was still running his routes, etc.....but if you look at the body language on players on both sides of the ball.....they all had the "it doesnt matter how hard I play, we're still going to suck" look about them.

If that is true - and the players have no faith in Herm.......it's time to go.

A note I made in the preseason....watching "hard knocks" with the cowboys this year....it really made apparent a huge gap in professionalism between theirs and our organizations. Watching the cowboys organization looked very polished and professional. Watching the chiefs looked like a bunch of high school gym teachers that were promoted to prominent positions in a multi-million dollar organization.

Think back to when Gunther was canned........and how it was released on the internet. For god's sake....that is one of many examples.

Clark Hunt needs to clean house. I dont want any "friends" of the organization....no "UCLA" friends, etc. A full, complete, clean sweep is the only thing that can save this doomed and cursed franchise.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Obviously, it'll be impossible to get a coach under contract. I wonder about assistant GMs? Might they be allowed to leave? It really wouldn't be a disruption. I don't think you could have an extended interview process with multiple candidates, but if you know who you wanted, you may be able to hire the guy.

I would think that the other team would have to give us permission to talk to said Asst. GM.

With that being said, that's not likely, IMO. It would be a bigger distraction than you think. I can't think of one reason why a team would allow an employee to interview with another team during the season - especially this early. Now if we were talking about Week 14? Maybe. But not now.

Logical
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
There is a non-trivial reason to fire Herm today. Assuming a new GM can't be brought in immediately, he will need to review game film to determine how to prioritize the roster revamping. It'll be much more difficult if he is watching film of the Chiefs from games like yesterday when the scheming and effort level that was not NFL-caliber. Fire Herm and Gun immediately, promote Gailey to head coach, and start looking for a new GM.

I like this and it would give us some time to find Carl's replacement and for that replacement to name the new HC

Bob Dole
09-15-2008, 03:06 PM
This team was finished when it couldn't manage to score a TD from 1st and goal at the 5 in week one.

And at the end of the season, Clark needs to completely clean house, hire a new GM, and instruct him to eliminate anyone from the Shittenheimer Family Tree from the coaching applicant pool.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
This team was finished when it couldn't manage to score a TD from 1st and goal at the 5 in week one.

And at the end of the season, Clark needs to completely clean house, hire a new GM, and instruct him to eliminate anyone from the Shittenheimer Family Tree from the coaching applicant pool.

The good senator from the great state of Kansas gets it.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Trust me, a LOT of us wonder why you post.

Here we go with the Cowher BS again...let's get this all out on the table now.

First: Cowher left one of the best jobs in the NFL to spend more time with his family in Carolina. What in God's name makes you think he'd WANT to come here and literally start from scratch?

Second: Even IF he was willing to take the challenge of rebuilding a franchise, he's much more likely to do it close to his family. East coast.

Third: He has a sweet gig now making good money to work one day a week for CBS. Why would he leave that for a shitty situation here?

Fourth, and most importantly: None of those things matter. Bill Cowher (and Marty) are EXACTLY what you guys are bitching about philosophically. Powerful ground game. Tough defense. Win TOP battle. QB's as game managers. For Christ sake, they're the white Herman Edwards, they just happen to handle the clock better.

Please, PLEASE people...give up on this Marty and Cowher bullshit. It's not happening, and I can't for the life of me figure out why ANYONE would WANT it to happen.

Cowhers is a white Herm? LMAO

Cowhers left so he could spend 2-3 years with his kids, not to leave the game forever. I would love to see Bill come here.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Cowhers is a white Herm? LMAO

Cowhers left so he could spend 2-3 years with his kids, not to leave the game forever. I would love to see Bill come here.

Wow.

Great rebuttal.

"yeah, but...I LOVE COWHER!!11!"

:shake:

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow.

Great rebuttal.

"yeah, but...I LOVE COWHER!!11!"

:shake:

I'll bet most people would love to see Bill come here.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I'll bet most people would love to see Bill come here.

And I just pointed out why those people are idiots.

But please, continue.

I'm still waiting for some kind of rebuttal other than "I love Bill Cowher."

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
And I just pointed out why those people are idiots.

But please, continue.

I'm still waiting for some kind of rebuttal other than "I love Bill Cowher."

Yea everyone is an idiot except you dude. Since you like throwing name calling out there I will start with this. Bill is not Herm douchebag, look at their records. Herm is a massive failure with a losing record. Bill is 161-99-1 with a superbowl ring. He is also not a pussy ass players coach that can get in their faces and light some fires when needed. He may not be a high flyer you're looking for but he certainly isn't Herm.

HemiEd
09-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I doubt Clark would move on both of them, this early in the season. But he should, but if he won't my choice would be for Herm to be gone.

Ari Chi3fs
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I would fire Carl and begin the GM search immediately. Let Herm squirm for awhile... once the new GM is in place, let him begin the search for a new head coach.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Yea everyone is an idiot except you dude. Since you like throwing name calling out there I will start with this. Bill is not Herm douchebag, look at their records. Herm is a massive failure with a losing record. Bill is 161-99-1 with a superbowl ring. He is also not a pussy ass players coach that can get in their faces and light some fires when needed. He may not be a high flyer but he certainly isn't Herm.

Another excellent rebuttal.

For **** sake, I'll show you how to do this:

Here's my post, and what you should do in responding

This is where you give us a reason, or several, why you don't agree with what I posted. A good start would be answering the question I posed at the end.

Again, here's a place to give a reason WHY you think differently than I do.

Again, I never said he'd NEVER come back to coaching. But he has no reason to do so in KC. Feel free to respond.

At least you made an ATTEMPT here, albeit a poor one.

When you have no argument, throw out his W/L record. He MUST be God's gift to coaching if he has a winning record. Christ, Marty has a winning record. Doesn't change the fact that they both share the same philosophies when it comes to football that Herm does. And that philosophy doesn't work in today's NFL.

Laugh all you want, but Marty or Cowher would be exactly what we've had for the last 19 years...

Mediocre, stone-age, play not-to-lose football.

Ari Chi3fs
09-15-2008, 03:37 PM
I would take Cowher in a heartbeat.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I would take Cowher in a heartbeat.

Stop encouraging him, ****tard.

:D

Ari Chi3fs
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
In fact, If Cowher comes here, I would trade the Steelers OnTheWarpath58 just because...

FringeNC
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
I doubt Clark would move on both of them, this early in the season. But he should, but if he won't my choice would be for Herm to be gone.

Yeah, at this point in the season, what damage can Carl do? Herm can squander the opportunity for young players to gain experience playing in NFL schemes. Compare us to SF -- both teams were horrid on offense last year, and rebuilding. SF has their young players learning the Martz system, and actually trying to win games. We have our players running up the middle, and running the wishbone. Goddamn, it pisses me off every time I think about it. Why the **** not just forfeit the games if you play like we do.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
In fact, If Cowher comes here, I would trade the Steelers OnTheWarpath58 just because...

ROFL

Pestilence
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
It took Cowher what....12 years to win a Superbowl?

No thanks. I want to see someone new....someone with fresh ideas.

SBK
09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
I would fire Carl and begin the GM search immediately. Let Herm squirm for awhile... once the new GM is in place, let him begin the search for a new head coach.

This would energize the fan base more than anything they could do at this point. We could suck and people would still come just to support the team for getting rid of the King.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
It took Cowher what....12 years to win a Superbowl?

No thanks. I want to see someone new....someone with fresh ideas.

IIRC, it was 15.

But hey, who's counting?

bogey
09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I am done with them all. Get rid of Carl now for sure, he's a paperweight. The only reason I would keep Herm is, I suspect the players love him and it would only add to the players misery to get rid of him. Bring in a QB that can make a few plays and will help the rest of our young players improve at the game of NFL football. I don't care about our record, but week after week embarrassment does no one any good. If we don't start actually improving, get rid of Herm at the end of the season.

luv
09-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd get rid of them now. It may be hard to find an interim, but I wouldn't want my players subjected to any more of Herm's philosophies or coaching. We looked like we were playing a week one preseason game, for pete's sake!

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
OTWP,
1. Because a top position isn't available. Because Kansas City is a GREAT football city to build a team.

2. How do you know he wouldn't come to KC what are you psychic now? I am not saying he would come here but we should try to make it happen.

3. Because he is a coach and that's what he loves to do.

4. to say the only difference between Cowhers and Herm is clock management is beyond assinine. I am embarrassed for you.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
OTWP,
4. to say the only difference between Cowhers and Herm is clock management is beyond assinine. I am embarrassed for you.

Do you have the NFL Sunday Ticket? Did you WATCH the Steelers during his 15-year reign?

Did you know that instead of drafting or signing a legitimate QB for the first 12 years of his tenure, he cost his team the chance of appearing in at least 3 more Super Bowls?

Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, Mike Tomczak & Kordell Stewart - are these the names of QB's you want leading your team while your defense is in the top 5 every single year?

How about the fact that he started Tommy Maddox over Rothlisberger? And that Rothlisberger went on to win his next 16 starts but only because of injury to Maddox?

No. ****ing. Way.

Keep Cowher the **** out of Kansas City.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Do you have the NFL Sunday Ticket? Did you WATCH the Steelers during his 15-year reign?

Did you know that instead of drafting or signing a legitimate QB for the first 12 years of his tenure, he cost his team the chance of appearing in at least 3 more Super Bowls?

Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, Mike Tomczak & Kordell Stewart - are these the names of QB's you want leading your team while your defense is in the top 5 every single year?

How about the fact that he started Tommy Maddox over Rothlisberger? And that Rothlisberger went on to win his next 16 starts but only because of injury to Maddox?

No. ****ing. Way.

YOu have a good point on their QB situation.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM

No. ****ing. Way.

Goddammit, Dane.

I get up to make a sandwich, and you beat me to this softball...

:cuss:

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Goddammit, Dane.

I get up to make a sandwich, and you beat me to this softball...

:cuss:

Do you really need a friend that bad?

Since you are out here calling people names you must have the master plan being you are football god and all.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Cowher is waiting his time out till John Fox gets the boot in Carolina.

KC Tattoo
09-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Herm let them walk all over us in our House. The worst team beat us.

I would rather have Lane Kiffen. Mostly cus Al Davis doesn't like him & is going to fire him and young coaches that left Raiders have beaten them down on the record books & won Super Bowls.

It doesn't matter who the coach is here as long as Carl Peterson is here.

Cowher would be my vote for GM.

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 04:28 PM
You know what this place needs?

More fire so and so threads.

SBK
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
YOu have a good point on their QB situation.

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. We need someone who will draft, and develop a franchise QB.

KC Tattoo
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
If a tree fell on Carl or Herm in the woods, would any body care? :hmmm:

Silock
09-15-2008, 04:39 PM
End of the season.

Hire Cowher as GM, try to lure Garrett away from Dallas as HC.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-15-2008, 04:44 PM
End of the season.

I don't understand this line of thinking. I really don't. Cowher wasn't responsible for the personnel decisions in Pittsburgh, Kevin Colbert was. Furthermore, Jerry Jones will not let Garret walk away from Dallas. It isn't happening. He has more money and a team that can win right now instead of a team that is 3-5 years away.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
End of the season.

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Cowher is not coming here.

Garrett isnt going anywhere, he will be the Cowboys coach soon like next year.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Do you really need a friend that bad?

Since you are out here calling people names you must have the master plan being you are football god and all.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said...

You should probably stay in DC and keep your embarrassing posts limited to one forum.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
You know what this place needs?

More fire so and so threads.

Consider the source.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I said...

You should probably stay in DC and keep your embarrassing posts limited to one forum.

words, words, words. thanks for playing

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't understand this line of thinking. I really don't. Cowher wasn't responsible for the personnel decisions in Pittsburgh, Kevin Colbert was. Furthermore, Jerry Jones will not let Garret walk away from Dallas. It isn't happening. He has more money and a team that can win right now instead of a team that is 3-5 years away.

You must be a football God, too.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
words, words, words. thanks for playing

Yeah, BD. WORDS.

If only you could string 3 or 4 together without looking like an ass.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, BD. WORDS.

If only you could string 3 or 4 together without looking like an ass.

Appears a lot of people like Cowhers on here. I know they are all idiots because you said so.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
End of the season.

Why? So the Chiefs can continue to sign washed up QB's?

Here's a hint: Cowher was NOT the GM in Pittsburgh and was NOT in charge of their personnel.

Tom Donohoe and Tom Modrak helped to build the Steelers in the 90's. Modrak left for the Eagles, Donohoe for the Bills and Kevin Colbert was brought into replace both.

He's still there, BTW.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Appears a lot of people like Cowhers on here. I know they are all idiots because you said so.

I'd say that a lot of people on here like Cowher and Marty because they are extremely myopic and are only familiar with coaches and former coaches in Kansas City.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 04:59 PM

Bill Cowher.

B-I-L-L C-O-W-H-E-R.

FFS.

And I'll ask those people to please jump into the debate, as opposed to shying away from it, like you did.

People who DO want Cowher here all share one trait.

They can't write a decent argument as to WHY they want him here, other than he won a ****ing Super Bowl.

scooter
09-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Fire both....forget having a HC, we'll just let Gun and Chan handle their respective duties...then we can see for sure if the offense sucks because of Chan or because everything has to go through the "Herm Filter" before it is sent out to the field.

Chiefshrink
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM

No. ****ing. Way.

Good point, but I would be willing to bet he learned a BIG lesson about the QB pos and how you just can't have a mediocre to piss poor QB.:shake:

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Bill Cowher.

B-I-L-L C-O-W-H-E-R.

FFS.

And I'll ask those people to please jump into the debate, as opposed to shying away from it, like you did.

They can't write a decent argument as to WHY they want him here, other than he won a ****ing Super Bowl.

God you are a condescending asshole. Nothing worse than a BB badass. I answered your questions. Frankly you are not worth having a conversation with. I guess that's why after 12k posts I finally know who you are now.

keg in kc
09-15-2008, 05:04 PM
God you are a condescending asshole. Nothing worse than a BB badass. rofl

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 05:06 PM
God you are a condescending asshole. Nothing worse than a BB badass. I answered your questions. Frankly you are not worth having a conversation with. I guess that's why after 12k posts I finally know who you are now.

Yeah, typically people who ask you to defend your ****ing opinions are real condescending assholes...

:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
09-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Fire both....forget having a HC, we'll just let Gun and Chan handle their respective duties...then we can see for sure if the offense sucks because of Chan or because everything has to go through the "Herm Filter" before it is sent out to the field.

I damn guarantee you there "ain't no Herm filter" because it shows. Carl calls the shots and Herm is too afraid override anything.:cuss:

Herm is the "Obama" of the NFL- "All talk no do the closer you examine what he has not done" !:shake::shake::shake:

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I damn guarantee you there "ain't no Herm filter" because it shows. Carl calls the shots and Herm is too afraid override anything.:cuss:

Herm is the "Obama" of the NFL- "All talk no do the closer you examine what he has not done" !:shake::shake::shake:

:spock: You're saying Herm is a pedophile? What are you saying?

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
rofl

You're cool in my book, Keg, but I gotta ask:

Are you laughing because the pot is calling the kettle black, or do you agree with him?

I know you've disliked me before, and for good reason - just curious.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, typically people who ask you to defend your ****ing opinions are real condescending assholes...

:rolleyes:

Go back and look at your posts. It's not the questions that make you that. I think our conversation should have ended with Herm and Bill are the same coach. Other than some philosophical similarities they are far from being the same coach.

Silock
09-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Bill Cowher.

B-I-L-L C-O-W-H-E-R.

FFS.

Name someone else that knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl and has done it that we are going to get. Pioli? Fat chance. And yes, I know that we won't get Garrett, but at least making a run at him will signal that we're serious.

keg in kc
09-15-2008, 05:14 PM
You're cool in my book, Keg, but I gotta ask:

Are you laughing because the pot is calling the kettle black, or do you agree with him?

I know you've disliked me before, and for good reason - just curious.Pot and kettle.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Pot and kettle.

Funny thing is most people who talk the most shit on this BB would never even make a squeek on the street.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Name someone else that knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl and has done it that we are going to get. Pioli? Fat chance. And yes, I know that we won't get Garrett, but at least making a run at him will signal that we're serious.

One, it's to early to tell who's going to be available, and who's not.

Two, why would making a run a Garrett signal we're serious? He's never been a coach for a SB team.

Three, why do people insist on hiring the same old retreads from the same old coaching trees?

I want the best option for this franchise.

Not the most popular option.

Not the one with the most SB rings.

Not the one who's a disciple of a particular coach.

Experienced, or inexperienced, I want the BEST option for THIS franchise, in 2009.

Period.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM

Two, why would making a run a Garrett signal we're serious? He's never been a coach for a SB team.

Three, why do people insist on hiring the same old retreads from the same old coaching trees?

I want the best option for this franchise.

Not the most popular option.

Not the one with the most SB rings.

Not the one who's a disciple of a particular coach.

Experienced, or inexperienced, I want the BEST option for THIS franchise, in 2009.

Period.

That was deep.

MichaelH
09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
I didn't see fire them at the end of last season anywhere so I voted for NOW.

Fish
09-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Funny thing is most people who talk the most shit on this BB would never even make a squeek on the street.

ROFL

Translation... I might not be winning this argument.... but I think I could kick your ass!

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
ROFL

Translation... I might not be winning this argument.... but I think I could kick your ass!

So what you're saying is you think Cowher is a white Herm?

BIG DADDY

Not expecting an answer

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 05:33 PM
That was deep.

I'm not the one running around like a chicken with its head cut off demanding everyone be fired right NOW.

I answered his questions to the best of my ability.

I've made it perfectly clear over the last 24 hours or so that Herm and Carl DO need to go. In fact, I've said that EVERYONE needs to go. I think I said something along the lines of Clark standing in a pile of rubble - no one gets out alive.

But I'm not calling for anyone's head yet, because Clark's not going to replace them with anyone outside of the organization before the season ends. Period.

Problem is, the fans in KC want retreads. They want their security blanket. But to do it right mean hiring an up and coming guy who the casual fans haven't heard of, or had little/no experience.

If you just want me to throw names out there, then I'd start with Josh McDaniels in New England and Pete Metzelaars in Indianapolis.

ChiefsCountry
09-15-2008, 05:33 PM

He is Marty with a Super Bowl ring. Been there done that, lets pass on Cowher.

Fish
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM

BIG DADDY

Not expecting an answer

Yes I do. White Herm with a bigger jaw....

Silock
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM

Sure, but if they're *available*, that may be a bad thing. IMO, we should go after a few people who aren't, but might be coaxed away for the right amount of money.

No, but you can't deny that's running one hell of an offense down there in Dallas.

I wouldn't call Cowher, the successful one out of this coaching tree, a "retread," exactly.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm not the one running around like a chicken with its head cut off demanding everyone be fired right NOW.

I answered his questions to the best of my ability.

I've made it perfectly clear over the last 24 hours or so that Herm and Carl DO need to go. In fact, I've said that EVERYONE needs to go. I think I said something along the lines of Clark standing in a pile of rubble - no one gets out alive.

But I'm not calling for anyone's head yet, because Clark's not going to replace them with anyone outside of the organization before the season ends. Period.

Problem is, the fans in KC want retreads. They want their security blanket. But to do it right mean hiring an up and coming guy who the casual fans haven't heard of, or had little/no experience.

If you just want me to throw names out there, then I'd start with Josh McDaniels in New England and Pete Metzelaars in Indianapolis.

It shouldn't take us that long to here, Hopefully next time we are in the same thread it can be more civil. You can call it running around like a chicken without a head but right now I don't want to see Carl or Herm in KC anymore period. If I had it my way I would never want to see those two ****heads again unless they were in black and silver. I know our team is in a bad spot but they can't expect anyone to support them unless they begin addressing the problem of accepting unacceptable performance. We are WAY over that line at this point and there is never a good reason to keep accepting it. If there has to be an interim head coach and GM then so be it.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes I do. White Herm with a bigger jaw....

Their records are miles apart. For you not to see a difference says a lot. I don't even think you necessarily believe that I think you just want to be a part of something.

Fish
09-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Their records are miles apart. For you not to see a difference says a lot.

I see the difference in their records. If a coach's record were all that mattered maybe that would be more relevant.

Cowher is likely a better coach. But his style of play is the exact same as Edward's. We'd see the same thing we're seeing now. We wouldn't be getting any additional wins this year with Cowher out there instead of Herm.

And he's not coming here, so it's rather pointless.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I see the difference in their records. If a coach's record were all that mattered maybe that would be more relevant.

Winning is all that matters. It's relevant.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Apparently the Cowher people missed what Roethlisberger asid after he was gone.....about how he was excited that he actually gets to pass now.

Calcountry
09-15-2008, 06:06 PM
If it was your call what would you do?
If I were Clark, I would have called a presser yesterday.

BIG_DADDY
09-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Apparently the Cowher people missed what Roethlisberger asid after he was gone.....about how he was excited that he actually gets to pass now.

I think it was Bill that told him to wear a helmut too.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 06:10 PM
I thought it was pretty amusing how after both Cowher and Whisenhunt were gone Ben called them both incompetent boobs in a round about way.

Silock
09-15-2008, 06:19 PM

He was a rookie . . . what else should he have done? Let the kid pull a Thigpen?

***SPRAYER
09-15-2008, 06:54 PM
You guys haven't suffered enough. Two more years of Herm, and then you can truly appreciate what pain and misery really feels like.

Fish
09-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Winning is all that matters. It's relevant.

Winning what? Because if you mean championships, then Cowher took much longer than this fanbase has the patience for. He did exactly what has frustrated this franchise for much longer than Herm has been around. Are you aware how frustrated that fanbase was with him as HC?

Read a few of the following links and see if you can see some connection between Cowher and Herm in terms of fan approval... Replace "Bill Cowher" with "Herm Edwards" and see if you notice any correlation...

http://www.armchairgm.com/Cowher_Past_Prime

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/fire-bill-cowher.html

http://media.www.theduquesneduke.com/media/storage/paper1278/news/2005/12/01/Sports/Blasphemy.Fire.Bill.Cowher-3351277.shtml

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=107081

http://www.pghsports.com/2005-Issues/psr0512/05120101.html

It's more of the same.

Would Cowher make McIntosh block better?

Would Cowher make Pat Thomas tackle better?

Would Cowher make Novak kickoff into the endzone?

Would Cowher make LJ pass block?

Would Cowher make Thigpen more accurate?

I'm curious as to the significant advantage you see in Cowher as opposed to Herm with this personnel? Still disregarding the fact that he doesn't want to coach right now.

stonedstooge
09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
I think they should make Peterson go out and coach the rest of the games so he can experience the embarrassment first hand from the broadcasters and the T.V. audience for being the idiot that put this group together. Make Herm the guy that runs and picks up the kick off tees after the kickoffs from both sides and squirt water into the players facemasks during the time outs. Embarass them both as much as they have embarassed us for being frigging Chiefs fans.

MahiMike
09-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Let's send Palin in with her Moose gun. That'll show em.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I think they should make Peterson go out and coach the rest of the games so he can experience the embarrassment first hand from the broadcasters and the T.V. audience for being the idiot that put this group together. Make Herm the guy that runs and picks up the kick off tees after the kickoffs from both sides and squirt water into the players facemasks during the time outs. Embarass them both as much as they have embarassed us for being frigging Chiefs fans.

That might be a good idea, but Carl is probably 100 times the coach that Hermcuff is. You may doubt that but I would bet that 99.9% of the fans could coach better than Hermcuff.

stonedstooge
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Your probably right man probably right

Fish
09-15-2008, 09:16 PM
That might be a good idea, but Carl is probably 100 times the coach that Hermcuff is. You may doubt that but I would bet that 99.9% of the fans could coach better than Hermcuff.

Carl as coach? ROFL

Dear Alvis things are bad..........

Agent V
09-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I have a plan:

1. Announce that this is the final year for both Herm and Carl.
2. Send an extensive report of Herman Edwards' statistics since taking over in KC to EVERY team in the NFL, whether or not they're looking for a new coach. If he is at all angered by this move, tell him to get over it. It happens.
3. Demote Carl Peterson to janitorial staff where he will clean the Arrowhead Stadium bathrooms until we're ready for him to retire, instituting his new 5 year plan of efficiently cleaning human waste. This will teach him both work ethic, and strategies for cleaning up nasty messes.

Cannibal
09-15-2008, 11:15 PM
I realize that they are in a rebuilding process. But I'd like to see a more competent duo overseeing it.

Fire them both.

cdcox
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I would have canned Carl at the end of the DV era.

I never, ever, ever would have hired Herm.

I voted in the poll to fire them at the end of the season. Coaching changes in the middle of the season just make your franchise look clueless and drive away elite candidates to fill your open positions.

el borracho
09-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Do you have any clue?

This is probably the best reason not to do it but you have to admit it would feel good and certainly couldn't hurt our record this season.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 11:33 PM
I would have canned Carl at the end of the DV era.

I never, ever, ever would have hired Herm.

I voted in the poll to fire them at the end of the season. Coaching changes in the middle of the season just make your franchise look clueless and drive away elite candidates to fill your open positions.

Lamar just flat refused to fire anyone....lets see if his son is the same.

el borracho
09-15-2008, 11:40 PM
hey, what the heck do NFL general managers do during the season, anyway? presumably, everyone is already in place by then... no?