PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs POst game comments from Kiffin:

InChiefsHell
09-15-2008, 04:11 PM
On the game: “You win by doing three things, in my opinion. You win with playing great defense. I thought our defense played physical all day. We kept (Chiefs RB) Larry (Johnson) in check and made him run sideline-to-sideline. I thought we had a good day against their receivers as well. I’m really proud of the way our coaches game planned for this game.”

We only gave him the ball 12 times dick head, and I don't think we ever sent him "sideline to sideline".

“The second way you win is to play great special teams. Special teams are so valuable on the road. A perfect example of this is, they go down and score and get the two-point conversion. (KR) Johnnie (Lee Higgins) and the kick return bring it back to midfield and then we fumble. That brings it back to the 20 if we don’t have the return we had.”

“The third way you win is you run the ball. For our guys to come in here today and run the ball for 300 yards with (T) Mario (Henderson) the first time ever playing in the NFL, I’m very, very proud of that.”

Yeah, I thought Tamba was supposed to eat that guys lunch...

On pulling RB Darren McFadden and running RB Michael Bush in the closing series: “Darren had turf toe during the game. At halftime I told the team ‘I think Michael Bush can win this game.’ I said the only way we’re going to lose this game, with the way their quarterbacks are playing, is if we turn the ball over. I don’t think you saw how fast Darren can be on that big run he had, but he made up for it on the touchdown.”

Were you waiting to spring McFadden to the corner? “They started playing a little different defense than what they had. The come in here as a big time cover 2 zone team and they played a bunch of man-to-man today. That kind of shows a lack of respect for our passing game and they had eight guys in the box all the time.”

Name me one team that has any respect for their passing game.

On the difference between this week and last week’s loss vs. Denver: “Well, It’s like I said, one game doesn’t define you as a team. I mean we’re not going to the Super Bowl, so we have to take it one game at a time. We’re going to go prepare for a real good team next week [at Buffalo]. One game doesn’t define you as a player.”

At least he's realistic. Carl, are you taking notes?

King_Chief_Fan
09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
8 guys in the box and still got gashed......we have an awful defense

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Uh everyone has put 8-9 in the box on the chiefs for 3 years now and shut us down completely...

L.A. Chieffan
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
To be fair Kiffin doesn't get to do many post-game interviews in which they actually won.

InChiefsHell
09-15-2008, 05:05 PM
To be fair Kiffin doesn't get to do many post-game interviews in which they actually won.

Sadly, he's 2-0 at Arrowhead...:Lin:

Fruit Ninja
09-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Not hard to shut down a team when you know what they are going to do every single time. Especially if their offensive line sucks big time.

Redrum_69
09-15-2008, 05:11 PM
8 guys in the box and still got gashed......

sounds like mom on any given sunday

CupidStunt
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Hold on. Did he REALLY say those things?

"We're not going to the Super Bowl?"

Really?

If those are legit, he's one of the dumbest coaches in sports.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
He knows he's going to get fired, if you ever hear any interviews he does he really says whatever he wants to and alot of things coaches would never say. It's really interesting he just lets it fly.

Well I guess that explains how Pollard caught a guy who ran a 4.2

SBK
09-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Hold on. Did he REALLY say those things?

"We're not going to the Super Bowl?"

Really?

If those are legit, he's one of the dumbest coaches in sports.

Coaching the dumbest team in America.

Howlin Wolf
09-15-2008, 05:59 PM
we kept (Chiefs RB) Larry (Johnson) in check and made him run sideline-to-sideline.
if Larry actually tried that he might have got a few more yards.