PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Remind me not to listen to Mitch Holtus anymore..

Mecca
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I had this on and he actually said "we'll see some more of Hagans and the slash offense, don't make fun of it, he can do some good things and Chan has had success with this before" Then he went on and on about getting a guy like Charles the ball in space with the option.

I understand he works for the Chiefs so he's being positive but that is almost to the level of insulting everyone's intelligence acting like a guy running the option is something to be positive about.

SBK
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I had this on and he actually said "we'll see some more of Hagans and the slash offense, don't make fun of it, he can do some good things and Chan has had success with this before" Then he went on and on about getting a guy like Charles the ball in space with the option.

I understand he works for the Chiefs so he's being positive but that is almost to the level of insulting everyone's intelligence acting like a guy running the option is something to be positive about.

LMAO

We are awesome.

kstater
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Shoot me now.

keg in kc
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
I think it's silly, but at the same time, what the hell else are we going to do with Air Thigpen behind center.

The Bad Guy
Slash had success 11 years ago.

It's fitting the Chiefs mouthpiece is praising this.

The only time people cared about the Chiefs were in the 90s, so they might as well revert back to something that worked.

Think of how batshit crazy this is. The Chiefs brought in a guy last week from the PS to run the option. The ****ing option. The Chiefs can't score points so they want to run a style of offense that has NEVER really worked in the NFL.

keg in kc
Or maybe that should be Err Thigpen.

OnTheWarpath58
Ugh.

I like Mitch, but it's disappointing to see him drop to this level.

I understand he has to be a bit careful considering who signs his check, but he probably should have just kept quiet on this one...

Mecca
09-15-2008, 04:42 PM
The part that really got me was "don't make fun of it" well what do you expect? When an NFL team does stuff like that, it gets made fun of.

SBK
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM
I can kind of understand him needing to take up airtime with stupid crap like this. He used to be preoccupied with "TOUCHDOWN, KAN-SAS CITY!!!" A phrase we all know he won't use 10 times this year.

Fish
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
He defending the Chiefs much more than I thought he would. Surprised me....

ChiefaRoo
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Shoot me now.

Mitch drank the Kool-Aid

Deberg_1990
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
What kills me is we have proven TD weapons on this team like Gonzalez, LJ and Bowe, and yet they want to take away looks and carries from them to try this slash crap???

Thats comical and insulting.......Wow, just wow...

BigVE
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Hagans is a heck of an athlete for sure, he played several (6 I think) different positions in college with success but THIS AINT COLLEGE!!

Ebolapox
09-15-2008, 04:51 PM
ROFL

sad. just sad. seriously, the joke gets worse every day.

CoMoChief
09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
LMAO

We are awesome.

ROFLROFLROFL

At this point really the only thing you can do is laugh your ass off at the coaches and front office of this hilarious football team.

And as for the people who have season tickets and that actually pay money to see this shit festival ran by retarded monkeys.......ROFLROFLROFL

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Hagans is a heck of an athlete for sure, he played several (6 I think) different positions in college with success but THIS AINT COLLEGE!!

Yep.

I've said this before, but they are completely wasting his talents.

He's best suited as a WR and KR, yet Herm wants to turn him into Kordell Stewart just because the kid played QB in college.

The minute they signed him, I thought it was a great signing. Figured he'd take over for Sams, and see some time at WR with Franklin out.

Yeah, not so much.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Well the Rams cut him so that should tell you how good he is.

SBK
09-15-2008, 04:59 PM

LMAO

What are the chances there could be 2 teams that go winless in the same year?

dirk digler
09-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Holthus has lost all credibility

Mr. Flopnuts
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
If we're going to run the mother****ing option offense can we at least get Tom Osbourne to come do it? ****, I'll take Daffy Duck at this point.

OnTheWarpath58
09-15-2008, 05:10 PM

Right. The Rams might be the only organization that is as dysfunctional as the Chiefs.

He was cut because the Rams are dumb enough to hang their hat on Dante Hall, who can't seem to stay healthy more than 3 games at a time.

They just drafted 2 WR's relatively early, Avery and Burton.

He was a victim of the numbers game, period.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-15-2008, 05:10 PM
BRING BACK THE SUIT!!!11!!!!!!!!

http://euroross.blogspot.com/kermit%20the%20frog%201.jpg

Mr. Laz
09-15-2008, 05:12 PM
the thing about having a slash player ...... you have to actually be able to run some kind of regular offense before it means anything at all.

putting a slash in there doesn't mean shiite if you can't block

putting a slash in there doesn't mean shitte if you can't pass the ball normally

CoMoChief
09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
because the Rams are dumb enough to hang their hat on Dante Hall, who can't seem to stay healthy more than 3 games at a time.

Luckily the Chiefs are smart enough to have hung their hat on an inj starting QB, you know......the most important position on the team.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 05:22 PM
God Bless you Herm... You are exactly what these fans wanted...

We got what we wished for!

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
You know what is funny. DV ran an NFL offense.

Who is running the ****ing circus offense now...

Thank you Herm for that insightful comment.. You ****ing piece of worthless ass... Thank you for taking this franchise to the depths of hell....

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Holtus is former K-State guy. Surprised?

FAX
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM

Mitch has taken this whole "SuperFan" persona to the level of three quarts of bad ham sandwich vomit. Yes, it's true that he grew up loving the Chiefs. Yes, it's true that his life's desire was to be their play-by-play man. Yes, it's true that the Chiefs own him lock, stock, and barrel. But, he is losing cred with the peeps and, once your peep cred is kaput, you can't get a refund for your ass cap.

Sad.

As for the "slash" deal, if that's all that Gailey's bringing to the table, it's time for a tree and a rope so far as I'm concerned. Mixing Herm's "Deja Vu Offense" with some kind of "Wide-Receiver-Direct-Snap-What-The-Hell Attack", is going to do nothing but add to our misery and give the NFL and ESPN guys more joke material. It's all bad.

FAX

FAX
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
You know what is funny. DV ran an NFL offense.

Who is running the ****ing circus offense now...

Thank you Herm for that insightful comment.. You ****ing piece of worthless ass... Thank you for taking this franchise to the depths of hell....

ROFL

Good point. I hadn't thought of that, Mr. Reerun_KC. They're sending in the clowns.

FAX

Mecca
09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
When the Chiefs had Hagans in all I could think was "um guys the Urban Meyer offense doesn't work in the NFL"

El Pendejo
09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Slash had success 11 years ago.

It's fitting the Chiefs mouthpiece is praising this.

The only time people cared about the Chiefs were in the 90s, so they might as well revert back to something that worked.

Think of how batshit crazy this is. The Chiefs brought in a guy last week from the PS to run the option. The ****ing option. The Chiefs can't score points so they want to run a style of offense that has NEVER really worked in the NFL.

The option can work as a wrinkle in the NFL...just not as a team's philosophy. Unless you want to run through about a dozen quarterbacks. As recently as last year the Donks ran it at times with Cutler, and had some success.

FAX
09-15-2008, 05:29 PM

Just curious, but have you said this three times in this one, single thread already?

FAX

FAX
09-15-2008, 05:30 PM
The option can work as a wrinkle in the NFL...just not as a team's philosophy. Unless you want to run through about a dozen quarterbacks. As recently as last year the Donks ran it at times with Cutler, and had some success.

So there is hope.

FAX

Mecca
09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Just curious, but have you said this three times in this one, single thread already?

FAX

People just like quoting that line.

FAX
09-15-2008, 05:32 PM
If we're going to run the mother****ing option offense can we at least get Tom Osbourne to come do it? ****, I'll take Daffy Duck at this point.

Daffy would be good, I think. When he does that "Spin The Beak Clean Around Your Entire Head" trick, the LBs will be all like, "What the heck?" then he can wing the rock downfield for six. Plus, his endzone celebration is the bomb.

FAX

orange
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
LMAO

What are the chances there could be 2 teams that go winless in the same year?

... In ONE STATE!

They should move that super-collider to MO since there's already a Black Hole there.

HemiEd
09-15-2008, 05:39 PM

I understand he works for the Chiefs so he's being positive but that is almost to the level of insulting everyone's intelligence acting like a guy running the option is something to be positive about.I hate to say it, but I called a couple things two years ago.
1) Herm and others will be saying "this team just needs to learn how to win."
2) The winged T= That wasn't the winged T, but it might as well have been. It is equally embarrasing as a fan.

The Bad Guy
09-15-2008, 05:40 PM

There is the problem.

When #10 comes in (hilarious that he has the same number as Stewart), teams know what's coming.

When Cutler did it, no one had a ****ing clue.

FAX
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Man, do I ever feel sorry for Tony Gonzalez.

FAX

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Where's Lenny, i'd rather hear what he say's rather than the paid Homer Holthus....

Hagans has no business being on the field either, maybe at WR

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Man, do I ever feel sorry for Tony Gonzalez.

FAX
I really don't, he was the dumbass that could've left, but he stayed loyal and paid for it...

He should've known

That said...he better get pissed off and bust skulls if this continues

TrickyNicky
09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
There is the problem.

When #10 comes in (hilarious that he has the same number as Stewart), teams know what's coming.

My god. You're right.

I guess we all know what that means... Make Hagans the starter!

DTLB58
09-15-2008, 05:52 PM
That is extremley depressing news.

That was college B.S. I paid to watch Sunday and absolutely pathitic at that.

Fine, go ahead and do it. Clark isn't has patient as his father. Their heads will roll if we see more of that crap.

chefsos
09-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I think it's great. I mean, if you're not gonna get good football, or flashy football, or even merely boring football, you've got few choices other than to go for maximum comedy...

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 06:27 PM
I almost hope we keep losing in the stupid ways like last week, cause Herm and Carl will be out of here, no way fans will show up for the newly rebuilt arrowhead with a pile of shit on the field.

Carl definetly has destroyed this franchise and Herm probably his career with the shit he's done

kstater
09-15-2008, 06:53 PM
The option can work as a wrinkle in the NFL...j.

You know how I know you're stupid?

InChiefsHell
09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I think it's great. I mean, if you're not gonna get good football, or flashy football, or even merely boring football, you've got few choices other than to go for maximum comedy...

And remember, the stadium improvements are gunna be fuggin' awesome!!!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you and welcome to the New Arrowhead! Please welcome to the stage, everybody's favorite wacky guy, Herm Edwards, and his amaaaaaazing slashin' gashin' CHIEEEEEFS!!!"

kcfanXIII
09-15-2008, 07:08 PM
somebody go to atlanta and kidnap herm sunday morning before the game. that way he can't interfere with the offense. surely an OC like gaily wouldn't come up with this shit.

see sig for other option...

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I find it hard to understand Mitch when he is talking; with Carl's balls in his mouth and all.

PGM
09-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Just when you think it can't get any worse.....

Tribal Warfare
09-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Like I said before we need to get a drunk Bob Uecker to call the Chiefs games

Dartgod
09-15-2008, 09:07 PM
What do Minnie Mouse and the Chiefs offense have in common?

They're both ****ing Goofy.

prhom
09-15-2008, 10:02 PM
The key point of the option is that there is an option to throw the ball. I was pretty sure Hagans wasn't going to throw the ball, and I knew if he did it was about a 30% chance it would be complete. I don't know, but I think the Raiders had that figured out too.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
The key point of the option is that there is an option to throw the ball. I was pretty sure Hagans wasn't going to throw the ball, and I knew if he did it was about a 30% chance it would be complete. I don't know, but I think the Raiders had that figured out too.

If we try this shit against a good team it will be brutal, the Raiders literally could have had 7 INT's.

Munson
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I bet we see the wishbone offense next week. :banghead:

Ceej
09-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I am glad I decided to pick up Atl's D this week in my big money league.

After reading this - I'd advise you guys to do the same.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Can the Chiefs set the record for fewest points scored in a season?

Buehler445
09-15-2008, 10:21 PM

Undoubtedly.

prhom
09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
If we try this shit against a good team it will be brutal, the Raiders literally could have had 7 INT's.

I just think they weren't expecting Thigpen to throw it right at them. They probably prepped all week for Huard's soft-touch passes, the Thigpen brings the heat and they couldn't handle it. Even the pro-bowler Asomugha dropped that one that was almost a lateral.

Skip Towne
09-15-2008, 10:54 PM

Herm knows the NFL can defend the wishbone. He's really smart. He'll run the Houston Veer instead. That'll fool 'em.

SBK
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM

What is the record? As of right now I have no doubt we'll hear about how close we are to it come about week 12 or so.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2008, 01:35 AM

Hell, Marv Levy ran it and the winged T and was run out of town.

I seriously think that more than 95% of Chiefs fans aren't living in reality.

The roster SUCKS. Holes EVERYWHERE.

Depth NO WHERE.

These coaches are just trying to make it respectable.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2008, 01:35 AM
What is the record? As of right now I have no doubt we'll hear about how close we are to it come about week 12 or so.

www.google.com

Chief Chief
09-16-2008, 04:08 AM
But if you don't listen to Mitch Holthus, then you'll miss his classic lines which appear out of nowhere -- like the following for example which occurred during Sunday's Faders-Chiefs game.

Holthus must have had his binoculars on the KC cheerleaders as the Chiefs' fullback moved parallel to the line of scrimmage before the snap, because he clearly declared over the air: "My cock's in motion."

the Talking Can
09-16-2008, 04:30 AM

:clap:

the Talking Can
09-16-2008, 04:36 AM

we need a sticky thread with the record for fewest points and a countdown (err, countup?) of our march towards it...or a countdown clock with the record and our total points for the season

seriously

we need to keep a record of our progress towards BREAKING A RECORD

this will give our season meaning....THIS IS SOMETHING WE CAN SUCCEED AT

SI SE PUEDE!

anyone know the record?

the Talking Can
09-16-2008, 04:42 AM
we need a sticky thread with the record for fewest points and a countdown (err, countup?) of our march towards it...or a countdown clock with the record and our total points for the season

seriously

we need to keep a record of our progress towards BREAKING A RECORD

this will give our season meaning....THIS IS SOMETHING WE CAN SUCCEED AT

SI SE PUEDE!

anyone know the record?

Fewest Points, Season (Since 1932)
37 Cincinnati/St. Louis, 1934
38 Cincinnati, 1933, Detroit, 1942
51 Pittsburgh, 1934, Philadelphia, 1936

holy crap....37 points.....nevermind

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/scoring

1991 Colts (1-15)
A memorable season for Indianapolis -- the Colts set NFL records for fewest points (143) and fewest TDs (14) in a 16-game season.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/football/teams/worst.html

Mecca
09-16-2008, 05:15 AM
I looked that up those 30s teams only played 8 games, so I think the Colts 143 is the record we should go by.

the Talking Can
09-16-2008, 05:20 AM
I looked that up those 30s teams only played 8 games, so I think the Colts 143 is the record we should go by.

i think we could break both records

1991 Colts (1-15)
A memorable season for Indianapolis -- the Colts set NFL records for fewest points (143) and fewest TDs (14) in a 16-game season.

gblowfish
09-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Mitch is desperately trying to polish a turd. He has a mandate from his employer to stay positive. Even when the ship hits an iceberg.

Demonpenz
09-16-2008, 08:21 AM
It was the last straw last year when he said donnie edwards was going win a game or two just by his play I was like
W
T
F

triple
09-16-2008, 08:22 AM
i think we could break both records

1991 Colts (1-15)

that's 8.9 points per game. Good lord, averaging in the single digits?

Well at least maybe by the end we'll be able to laugh.

Rooster
09-16-2008, 08:31 AM
And as for the people who have season tickets and that actually pay money to see this shit festival ran by retarded monkeys.......ROFLROFLROFL

That is an insult to retarded monkeys everywhere.

beach tribe
09-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah, we could lose alot more games, but that just means we've stayed at the bottom.

YES!! this Rock bottom. We're running the option in the NFL. It doesn't get any lower than that people.

Otter
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM
There is the problem.

I thought to myself a couple times watching the game that if I could sit here and predict with 85% accuracy what the offensive play is going to be I'm pretty sure the DC and his team who have been studying game film all week have a better percentage.

Gotta give 'em credit though, I'll bet no one thought they were stupid enough to try to run the option. I'll bet the opposing DCs didn't see that coming for 2 or 3 plays.

To quote bullet tooth Tony "never underestimate the predictability of stupidity".

Mr. Laz
09-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Holthus is trying to make a living ..... he PAID BY THE CHIEFS

:shrug:

Simply Red
09-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Rebuilding, get over it.

HC_Chief
09-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Holthaus is a dumbass... always has been, always will be. He's an arrogant douche on top of that (unjustifiably so IMO). He's the dumb*$&% who came up with "the Human Joystick" for Dante Hall. WTF kind of ghey lame@ss nickname is that?

The guy will always be "a poor imitator of Harlan" to me.

FAX
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Holthaus is a dumbass... always has been, always will be. He's an arrogant douche on top of that (unjustifiably so IMO). He's the dumb*$&% who came up with "the Human Joystick" for Dante Hall. WTF kind of ghey lame@ss nickname is that?

The guy will always be "a poor imitator of Harlan" to me.

I kind of liked "The Human Joystick", Mr. HC_Chief, but that's just me.

I'm not, however, particularly crazy about "The Centaur", or whatever it is he calls LJ. Unless I'm fuzzy on my Greek mythology, Centaurs didn't spend their weekends jamming their noses up against fat guys' anal tissue.

FAX

HC_Chief
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I kind of liked "The Human Joystick", Mr. HC_Chief, but that's just me.

I'm not, however, particularly crazy about "The Centaur", or whatever it is he calls LJ. Unless I'm fuzzy on my Greek mythology, Centaurs didn't spend their weekends jamming their noses up against fat guys' anal tissue.

FAX

I couldn't stand that nickname. One, it doesn't make sense, two, it has perverse connotation, three, it just plain sounds stupid when he says it; kinda like his "Touchdown, Kan SAW City". I didn't realize I lived in "KanSAW City". What kind of tool pronounces Kansas the same way as he pronounces "Arkansas"?