PDA

View Full Version : Elections McCain Takes The Lead in Colorado... Tied in Penn!!!!

recxjake
09-15-2008, 07:15 PM

Portlantis
09-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Didn't you promise you were going to limit this crap to the poll thread?

orange
09-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Didn't you promise you were going to limit this crap to the poll thread?

It was a campaign promise. They ALWAYS get broken, you know?!

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2008, 07:30 PM
The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4.5 percentage points

Donger
09-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Barack Hussein shall not have Colorado!

Programmer
09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4.5 percentage points

So McCain could be up by double digits.

Thanks for pointing that out.

RINGLEADER
09-16-2008, 02:29 AM
The NY polls were interesting too -- one has McCain behind by 5, the other by 6. He's also tied in MN and within a few points in WI, MI, WA. Then again, McCain is barely ahead in NV, CO, VA (where some polls have Obama ahead).

Going to be a very fun race to the VP debates -- after which I think you'll see things settle in until election day.

DaneMcCloud
09-16-2008, 02:49 AM
I kinda wish I lived in a battleground state, just to hear both sides in person.

You guys that do better take advantage whether it's "your" party or not.

Guru
09-16-2008, 03:31 AM
I kinda wish I lived in a battleground state, just to hear both sides in person.

You guys that do better take advantage whether it's "your" party or not.
Yeah, Cali and KS will probably never be in that position. Well, at least not this year. heh

It would be cool to know that an entire election hinged on your state.

Tim Russert is watching over everyone somewhere with a whiteboard saying Colorado, Colorado, Colorado.

Earthling
09-16-2008, 02:37 PM
It will be an interesting race here in Colorado, where I reside. One big issue here is water rights. McCain recently announced that he was in favor of "renegotiating" those rights in regards to the amount of water allocated towards other states from CO, his own state AZ being a beneficiary from such a move. This was pretty much frowned upon by the citizens here, at least on the Western slope, where agriculture takes a top tier in the heirarchy of water concerns. It is entirely possible that it will make a small impact upon the general election here but in a very close race, as it is here, it could be a game breaker.

tiptap
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
My son recently moved to Western Washington. He asked me what the local politics would be concerned with. I said follow the water. You're in a Western State. Even Eastern Washington has it's concern with water rights.

Calcountry
09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Barack Hussein shall not have Colorado!Don't they have a lot of oil potential in Colorado?

Palin's all over that Donger.

Calcountry
09-16-2008, 02:52 PM
It will be an interesting race here in Colorado, where I reside. One big issue here is water rights. McCain recently announced that he was in favor of "renegotiating" those rights in regards to the amount of water allocated towards other states from CO, his own state AZ being a beneficiary from such a move. This was pretty much frowned upon by the citizens here, at least on the Western slope, where agriculture takes a top tier in the heirarchy of water concerns. It is entirely possible that it will make a small impact upon the general election here but in a very close race, as it is here, it could be a game breaker.The gamebreaker in Co is the volume of Mexicans that have been imported to the state.

Earthling
09-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Don't they have a lot of oil potential in Colorado?

There is a LOT of natural gas here. And there is lots and lots of shale rock that has the potential of releasing oil from it. Shell oil was here big time in the early 80's to exploit that but the cost turned out to be prohibitive. Perhaps someday they will return if the cost associated with it and the procedures make it a viable option.

Donger
09-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Don't they have a lot of oil potential in Colorado?

Shale oil, mostly. Lots of NG, too.

Earthling
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
The gamebreaker in Co is the volume of Mexicans that have been imported to the state.

Do you suspect that they will vote Dem ? Or is it more of a border issue that you are referring to?

WilliamTheIrish
09-16-2008, 03:10 PM
McCain Takes The Lead in Colorado... Tied in Penn!!!!

recx gets his bone aire on.

Pitt Gorilla
09-17-2008, 01:56 PM
It's over. It's all over.

orange
09-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Do you suspect that they will vote Dem ? Or is it more of a border issue that you are referring to?

The Mexican vote is not as predictable as the Black vote. Most of the urban Latinos vote Democratic - just like all urban voters. Suburban and Rural - not so much.

Plus, there are a lot of devout Catholics who vote Anti-Abortion come what may.