PDA

View Full Version : Buy low on LJ?

FD
09-15-2008, 06:41 PM
We all saw how bad last week was, but I'm still somewhat optimistic that he can finish the year with decent numbers. Am I the only one who feels this way?

How low has his stock fallen do you think? Could I get him for a presumed but unproven starter like Steve Slaton or a WR coming off a great start like Santana Moss, plus another mediocre player?

Mecca
09-15-2008, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't touch LJ....

Deberg_1990
09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I actually think LJ has something left, but it seems Herm and Chan have soured on him some.

I wouldnt touch him.

banyon
09-15-2008, 07:25 PM
If you can get him for next to nothing and stash him on your bench and then he whines enough to get traded to a good team whose star RB is hurt, then it could be brilliant.

But then again, you'd be counting on the Chiefs to be smart enough to expoit another team's need. So, it probably won't happen.

Ceej
09-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I traded for him.

My current QBs are Delhomme and Garrad-bage.

My RBs are Portis, Barber, Selvin Young, Thomas Jones.

I traded TJones for Big Ben and LJ.

Cave Johnson
09-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I traded for him.

My current QBs are Delhomme and Garrad-bage.

My RBs are Portis, Barber, Selvin Young, Thomas Jones.

I traded TJones for Big Ben and LJ.

Nice trade. How'd you get Delhomme?

Ceej
09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Waiver - wire. Sorry to confuse, this is my smaller $$ league with 10 guys in the league. He was dropped after week one.

Oh, and off topic. Here's an e-mail I got from a member in my bigger money league. It's good for a laugh.

He offered me Roddy White, Kevin Smith and Alge Crumper for Fitzgerald and Cooley.

My response:
The only way I'll do either of those trades you just suggested was if you threw in Steve Smith OR Brandon Marshall.

Roddy White and Alge Crumpler are garbage.

His response:

And all of your offers have been YARGH garbage.Rudi a backup that just got cut from the Bengals & a fair
TE for a fair TE & top 15-20 RB? Offer garbage get garbage Theres a reason you havent made any trades.The other team
has to at least think they gain something.

My response:
Explain to me how getting Roddy White an average WR (who has a young, inconsistent rookie throwing him the ball) Kevin Smith (who is alright) and Alge Crumpler (who isn't even the best TE on his team) is good enough for me to give up Larry Fitzgerald who is going to have a MONSTER year since Warner is throwing him the ball and Cooley who has the potential (not quite there yet) to be on of the best recieving TEs in the game.

And the reason why I've not traded yet is because the only people who try trading with me are trying to lowball me like I'm some clown - and the fact I've got no RB to trade.

Good times!

Hoover
09-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I just bought low on SJax. I sent Eli Manning to a team straight up for him. Phillip Rivers is by backup QB. Its a little bit of a risk, but overall I'm thrilled