PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This is probably a repost, but a question about leadership on the field.

Programmer
09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I have not seen what you would call a leader on the field for the Chiefs, offense or defense.

I have the feeling that Hermcuff has been so much of a micromanager that the players nor the coaches are willing to step up.

Usually you have veteran players that are the leaders, TG has been one for years.

The leadership may be there but you don't see the signs of it. When Green was the QB there was no doubt that he was the man on the field. Another was Priest.

It's a systemic problem caused by the HC IMO.

What do you all see?

Fish
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Priest was nowhere close to a leader. He was recluse and independent. Nobody knew WTF he was even thinking, let alone getting any leadership from him. A leader doesn't disappear when injured and chow on nachos when his team is giving it up on the field.

Otherwise, I agree. We are lacking leadership on this young team.

TheCloser
09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Usually we notice leadership in a crucial point of a ball game, or during a rally or a comeback...other than the last possession of the Patriots game we haven't been in a situation where a leader would be noticed.

The closest we've seen this year is Huard in the last drive week 1.

Mecca
09-15-2008, 09:23 PM
We don't have one.....in other to be a leader above all else you have to be one of the best players on the team that everyone else respects....

Right now our team is full of young guys that don't have that respect or old guys who half the time play like they don't care.

Molitoth
09-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I've seen a few people leading to suck... and the rest of the team has been following.

88TG88
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
We don't have one.....in other to be a leader above all else you have to be one of the best players on the team that everyone else respects....

Right now our team is full of young guys that don't have that respect or old guys who half the time play like they don't care.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/scorecard/07/13/truth.rumors.nfl/p1_gonzalez.jpg

KCCHIEFS27
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Apparently, since we've turned in to such a joke out on the field this has to be our leader..
http://www.toward-the-goal.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/wolf-tackle.jpg

Mecca
09-15-2008, 11:58 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/scorecard/07/13/truth.rumors.nfl/p1_gonzalez.jpg

No offense here but I don't think Tony is a "leader" he's a great player but I don't think he leads the team, not to mention that isn't easy to do as a TE.

Guru
09-16-2008, 12:01 AM
There was one point that Herm pulled TG aside after a play and it appeared as if he was telling him what he did wrong. Kind of pissed me off. Of all the players fuggin up out there TG is not the one with the problems.

TinyEvel
09-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I think the team has turned into a complainorship

Guru
09-16-2008, 12:09 AM
I think the team has turned into a complainorship
Well get in there and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!