PDA

View Full Version : General Politics I need some help for a class...

Silock
09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
So, I have a PUAD Ethics class this semester, and I have to do an analysis of an ethical issue facing either the KC metro area (so, suburbs are fair game), or either Kansas or Missouri state politics. Local is much preferred. Can't be a national topic like "Iraq" or the presidential elections or anything of that nature.

Unfortunately, the topic I originally picked is set to be potentially finalized tomorrow with a vote (Bannister Mall/Wizards stadium issue), so it would be pointless to use as a paper for this semester if the vote passes. So, I think it would be prudent to choose another topic. I don't have to write an entire paper tonight, but I do have to do a 1 page overview of my chosen topic to turn in tomorrow night.

Any ideas? I was thinking of doing the Deutsche Bank foreclosure properties, but I can't find a lot of info on that aside from an article in the Pitch and a random article in the Star. Maybe something about The Funk and his wife? Local school districts?

|Zach|
09-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Power and Light District dress codes?

J Diddy
09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I think Carl Peterson stealing honest folks money is an ethical issue.

Ultra Peanut
09-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Power and Light District dress codes?Zach can name that topic in one post.

Silock
09-16-2008, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't mind doing that, but I know that 2 other people in the class are doing that one, and since we're giving presentations also, I don't want to do the same thing as everyone else. I hate it when that happens.

|Zach|
09-16-2008, 12:49 AM
The usage of TIF funding for large scale projects in Kansas City.

Silock
09-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Keep 'em coming :)