PDA

View Full Version : Computers PC Question : Help ?

ROYC75
09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
OK, I have a compaq as a work station, I usually let the kids play on it. When it comes on, I type in the pass word to unlock it, we are up and running.

But something has happened, today, I type in the password, nothing. No command, no prompt, cursor ..... nothing. Reboot, same thing........ The keyboard lights up, I have unplugged the keyboard and the mouse ....reset them .

Is there a way to bypass this ?

What should I try next ?

morphius
09-16-2008, 09:40 AM
There should be a jumper on the motherboard that you are going to need to reset. You should be able to figure out how to do this from the manual, or online at their site. Just look for BIOS Password Reset.

DaFace
09-16-2008, 09:41 AM
So are you saying that the keyboard isn't responding? Or that you type in the password, but nothing happens? And does the password come up right when you turn on the computer, or after it loads a bunch of stuff (after the Windows screen)? Final question - is the keyboard wireless or wired?

ROYC75
09-16-2008, 10:23 AM
So are you saying that the keyboard isn't responding? Or that you type in the password, but nothing happens? And does the password come up right when you turn on the computer, or after it loads a bunch of stuff (after the Windows screen)? Final question - is the keyboard wireless or wired?

Found it, had to change out the keyboard.....I guess it wasn't giving the command.

Thanks , guys. I knew If I couldn't find it, somebody could.