PDA

View Full Version : Elections Carly Fiorina: Palin Doesn't Have Enough Experience to Run HP

penguinz
09-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, a co-chair of the McCain presidential campaign and a chief economic surrogate for the GOP presidential candidate, said in a radio interview this morning that Sarah Palin doesn't have enough experience to run the Silicon Valley-based company Fiorina managed -- but ''that's not what she's running for.''

KTRS in St. Louis, Mo., scheduled the interview with her this morning with host McGraw Milhaven, who asks Fiorina if she thinks Palin has enough experience to run Hewlett Packard.

''No, I don't,'' said Fiorina. ''But you know what? That's not what she's running for. Running a corporation is a different set of things.''

Fiorina goes on to say that ''Sarah Palin has more executive experience than Barack Obama. ... Barack Obama has never made an executive decision in his life.''

''He has been in the U.S. Senate for a very short period of time,'' she said. Besides, ''She's the vice presidential nominee; Barack Obama is the presidential nominee.''

Fiorina has made news before on the campaign trail for McCain, most recently charging that news organizations have engaged in sexism in their coverage of Palin.

Democrats note that Fiorina was a controversial top executive at Lucent Technologies before she went to the Palo Alto tech giant.

At HP, she oversaw the controversial merger of HP and Compaq that resulted in thousands of layoffs, stagnant earnings and the flight of leading HP talent. She was fired and walked out with a $21 million severance package.

The debate still rages on whether Fiorina should get credit for the company's eventual resurgence; she insists that as a pioneer businesswoman, she was subject to harsher treatment and a firing that a man might not have faced.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=14&entry_id=30341

HolmeZz
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
She also said McCain didn't have enough experience to run a corporation.

And if there's anybody who knows about not being able to run a corporation, it's Carly Fiorina.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 03:26 PM
$21 million severance for running a company in the ground??? This lady's opinion isn't worth a damn.

bkkcoh
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
$21 million severance for running a company in the ground??? This lady's opinion isn't worth a damn.

And if there's anybody who knows about not being able to run a corporation, it's Carly Fiorina.

That is really good work if you can get it. I am sure that there aren't a lot of people that are qualified to do that even though there are quite a few that would be capable of doing so.

dirk digler
09-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Carly Fiorna is one of the dumbest CEO's ever to run a major corporation. Since she got fired HP products have been outstanding.

banyon
09-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I guess she took that not getting picked as VP thing hard, huh?

alnorth
09-16-2008, 03:36 PM
This is kind of a dumb statement. Most members of congress dont have enough experience to run HP. It requires a different set of skills. Its kind of like saying an FBI agent doesnt have enough experience to be a helicopter pilot. That doesnt say anything bad about the agent or anything good about the pilot.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
And her opinion is sought after...WHY?

bkkcoh
09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
And her opinion is sought after...WHY?

Because she was a prominent female that held a high position.

dirk digler
09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Because she was a prominent female that held a high position.

She is ****ing stupid. HP lost 20,000 jobs under her watch and then she received a golden parachute on the way out.

RJ
09-16-2008, 03:44 PM
That is really good work if you can get it. I am sure that there aren't a lot of people that are qualified to do that even though there are quite a few that would be capable of doing so.

An interesting thing about being a CEO is that the only qualification you need to be one is to have been one before. You needn't have been successful at it, success appears to be irrelevant. The fact she failed miserably in no way disqualifies her from being a McCain campaign co-chair or anything else she wants to be.

Rich people puzzle me.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 03:47 PM
She's a Republican, so she's overqualified, apparantly.

HolmeZz
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM
An interesting thing about being a CEO is that the only qualification you need to be one is to have been one before. You needn't have been successful at it, success appears to be irrelevant. The fact she failed miserably in no way disqualifies her from being a McCain campaign co-chair or anything else she wants to be.

Rich people puzzle me.

I don't know, pocketing $20 million after running a company into the ground sounds successful to me. ;)

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 03:49 PM

I see you all are conveniently leaving out the fact that she said Obama and Biden couldn't as well. I don't know if anyone could do much worse than she did.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't know, pocketing $20 million after running a company into the ground sounds like successful to me. ;)The American Dream.:D

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
She's a Republican, so she's overqualified, apparantly.

For a guy who I used to really enjoy you sure post a lot of stupid shit lately.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
The American Dream.:D

That's nothing, the top executives are suppposed to be getting 200 million at Merrill Lynch.

HolmeZz
09-16-2008, 03:52 PM

And if there's anybody who knows about posting stupid shit, it's BIG DADDY.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
That's nothing, the top executives are suppposed to be getting 200 million at Merrill Lynch.That's attrocious. Scary times look to be ahead if we keep going down this path.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
That's attrocious. Scary times look to be ahead if we keep going down this path.

MOF if you look closer the top executives of almost any of the top financial players that have went down you get the same thing. They strip the company and take all the profits. Bear Stearns executives were taking year end bonuses in the 200-400 million category every year leaving very little liquidity in that business until it failed.

RJ
09-16-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't know, pocketing $20 million after running a company into the ground sounds successful to me. ;)

Yep, it all depends on what measuring stick you want to use.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
For a guy who I used to really enjoy you sure post a lot of stupid shit lately.Most of my stuff is said tongue in cheek, but I have been a bit partisan lately. It's mainly because I'm so disgusted by what our government has done to the working class, that I've been angered by it all and feel like I need to beat that drum rather loudly.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Most of my stuff is said tongue in cheek, but I have been a bit partisan lately. It's mainly because I'm so disgusted by what our government has done to the working class, that I've been angered by it all and feel like I need to beat that drum rather loudly.

I certainly understand your frustration. I am going to try an simplify my life some time in the next couple years and move back to Oregon up in the mountains. Some things are just more important than chasing the not so almighty dollar. California is going to shit fast.

jettio
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
McCain likes having girls with big mouths that kiss his azz around. Too bad for him is that he does not weed out the egomaniacs.

BigChiefFan
09-16-2008, 04:19 PM
I certainly understand your frustration. I am going to try an simplify my life some time in the next couple years and move back to Oregon up in the mountains. Some things are just more important than chasing the not so almighty dollar. California is going to shit fast.
Sounds like a good course of action. We have our differences in philosophy, but I wish you all the best in your journey northward.

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM

For a guy who I never used to really enjoy, you sure post a lot of stupid shit always.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a good course of action. We have our differences in philosophy, but I wish you all the best in your journey northward.

My son should know who his gandparents are. Great place to raise a kid as well. Way better than here.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:28 PM
And if there's anybody who knows about posting stupid shit, it's BIG DADDY.

For a guy who I never used to really enjoy, you sure post a lot of stupid shit always.

Nice to see guys today.

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Nice to see guys today.

Nice to see you, too.

Hopefully, you'll have something intellectual to say today.

NewChief
09-16-2008, 04:29 PM

Cool, man. Oregon is beautiful, and you'll probably enjoy the people there much more, though there are certainly enough libs there to drive you crazy.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Cool, man. Oregon is beautiful, and you'll probably enjoy the people there much more, though there are certainly enough libs there to drive you crazy.

It's worse where I am at now. Southern Oregon to be specific it's not nearly as liberal as northern or central Oregon. Probably take me 30 - 45 minutes to get to work but I am going to go way up in the mountains.

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 04:33 PM
It's worse where I am at now. Southern Oregon to be specific it's not nearly as liberal as northern or central Oregon. Probably take me 30 - 45 minutes to get to work but I am going to go way up in the mountains.

Yes, yes, but what about your guns?

NewChief
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM

If he's living in Oregon, then hunting and fishing will probably be a lot more realistic than where he currently lives. I suggest he buy many and use them frequently.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM

What about them?

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
If he's living in Oregon, then hunting and fishing will probably be a lot more realistic than where he currently lives. I suggest he buy many and use them frequently.

:p ;)

What about them?

Well, I just wondered if the gubment was going to come hunt you down in the mountains and wrestle your guns from you.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:37 PM

That's the enviroment I want my son to be raised in where I can take him fishing or just go outside and jump on a dirt bike and ride. Life is too short to raise him down here in the People's Republic of Mexico.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 04:59 PM

This is an area I may move into.

RJ
09-16-2008, 05:00 PM

Nice, good luck with that.

NewChief
09-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Beautiful! Some of my friends lived up the mountains from Newport. It was a very pretty place when I went to visit. Very wild as well, though the amount of clear cutting was a little disheartening.

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Actually, that's really sweet.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Actually, that's really sweet.

It's a different lifestyle, one I really miss.

BIG_DADDY
09-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Beautiful! Some of my friends lived up the mountains from Newport. It was a very pretty place when I went to visit. Very wild as well, though the amount of clear cutting was a little disheartening.

There is no reason they need to clear cut. We do our family reunion in Newport every year. It is beautiful country. I would like to raise my son in that instead of having him watch people pushing carts in front of our house selling pork rines. Don't get me wrong there are things I will miss about Northern California (food) but it will be well worth it.

Stewie
09-16-2008, 06:04 PM
The headline should read:

Carly Fiorina: Palin Doesn't Have Enough Experience to Run HP into the ground like I did!

wazu
09-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Incidentally, Palin also lacks the experience to be an astronaut. How can she be a head of state if she can't even be an astronaut?

BucEyedPea
09-16-2008, 09:04 PM
The headline should read:

Carly Fiorina: Palin Doesn't Have Enough Experience to Run HP into the ground like I did!

That's exactly right! And Carly is tutoring McCain on economics I heard. Gettin' him up to snuff.

irishjayhawk
09-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Incidentally, Palin also lacks the experience to be an astronaut. How can she be a head of state if she can't even be an astronaut?

She isn't trying to be an astronaut. But since you agree she lacks the qualifications and experience for such a position and imply that she should not / could not be one, I guess you're going to concede that her experience makes her inept for the VP and potential presidency.

dirk digler
09-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Apparently McCain doesn't like his women to tell the truth. She has been thrown under the bus LMAO

This campaign source said Fiorina would be discouraged from additional media interviews. Another top campaign adviser was far less diplomatic.
"Carly will now disappear," this source said. "Senator McCain was furious." Asked to define "disappear," this source said, adding that she would be off TV for a while - but remain at the Republican National Committee and keep her role as head of the party's joint fundraising committee with the McCain campaign.
Fiorina was booked for several TV interviews over the next few days, including one on CNN. Those interviews have been canceled.