PDA

View Full Version : Trying to upgrade....

Mr. Plow
09-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Alright....I've got Drew Brees & Phillip Rivers as my QB's. Thinking about trying to offer one up in a trade because....well....my team sucks ass.

Rivers: 594 yards, 6 TD's, 1 INT (Points in my league: 52)
Brees: 559 yards, 4 TD's, 3 INT (Points in my league: 37)

Which would you give up and what value do they come with?

OnTheWarpath58
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
I have Cutler and Rivers and have been trying to deal Rivers all week.

There are 2 teams that are just suffering at QB, but are stubborn and won't make a deal.

Don't push it, you're in a position of power, and as the season goes on, will likely have more power.

Bill Lundberg
09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Alright....I've got Drew Brees & Phillip Rivers as my QB's. Thinking about trying to offer one up in a trade because....well....my team sucks ass.

Rivers: 594 yards, 6 TD's, 1 INT (Points in my league: 52)
Brees: 559 yards, 4 TD's, 3 INT (Points in my league: 37)

Which would you give up and what value do they come with?

I bet you could get McFadden or Chris Johnson for either one of them... I know this because they were both offered to me for Aaron Rodgers. I turned them down because neither one would start in front of LT or Lynch, and Rodgers is starting for me for now... Until Carson Palmer pulls his head out of his ass.

Oh and you're right your teams SUCKS ASS :) :)

Cave Johnson
09-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I bet you could get McFadden or Chris Johnson for either one of them... I know this because they were both offered to me for Aaron Rodgers. I turned them down because neither one would start in front of LT or Lynch, and Rodgers is starting for me for now... Until Carson Palmer pulls his head out of his ass.

Not to hijack this thread, but....

Clearly studs like Rogers have more value in leagues like yours with less starters. My main league starts 7 (!) WRs and RBs. I'm struggling with the idea of trading very good startable players (like Bowe, Royal, Stewart, Chris Johnson) for an upgrade at QB (have Palmer and Eli). But, rationally, since QBs are relatively scarce, I think I'll probably have to give up more than I otherwise would.

One owner has Peyton, Rodgers, and Rivers. Another has Romo and Cutler. I've been in trade talks with the latter for Cutler (tried to trade before week 1, value has obviously skyrocketed to the point of unaffordability). Who should I target out of this group, and what would they be worth?

Mr. Plow
09-17-2008, 12:35 PM

Exactly. I had Brees ranked higher. But Rivers is off to a good start. I'm thinking about Rivers for Johnson.....but who knows.

I've got the trade out there....I'm just gonna try to ride Brees this year.

Mr. Plow
09-17-2008, 12:43 PM
And yes....I suck.

Bill Lundberg
09-17-2008, 01:16 PM
And yes....I suck.

I want a goddamn commission for brokering this deal!!!

Mr. Plow
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I want a goddamn commission for brokering this deal!!!

I tell you what.....I'll only charge you $2 for any waiver moves this year.

Bill Lundberg
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I tell you what.....I'll only charge you $2 for any waiver moves this year.

Make it a dollar and you have a deal

BigVE
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
FWIW, I read somewhere today that until Colston comes back Brees will be severely downgraded in FFL's, on the other hand Rivers is being upgraded all over the place. Just something to keep in mind. (personally I would stick with Brees)

sedated
09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Brees also lost Shockey for 6 weeks, his 2nd leading receiver

BigVE
09-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Brees also lost Shockey for 6 weeks, his 2nd leading receiver

AND, Rivers is now the top fantasy QB as far as points scored so far.

Mr. Plow
09-23-2008, 07:33 PM
AND, Rivers is now the top fantasy QB as far as points scored so far.

Doh!

Traded him. Oh well. I was bad enough that I had to do something. Got my first win this weekend and I was the high scoring team....we'll see how it plays out.