PDA

View Full Version : Legal An observation: Sarah Palin blunted the Obama feeding frenzy

Taco John
09-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Just an observation... Prior to the nomination of Sarah Palin, everything in this campaign revolved around Barack Obama's incompetency (or so the attack went). With Palin on board, the McCain camp has taken that attack out of their hands and put it in the hands of the Democrats.

Just an observation... Funny how things change.

bango
09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Blunted. That is funny. It is kind of like blunt.

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
It's rather amusing that the same people who used to post fifteen threads a day about Obama's ______ are now whining about the same thing happening to Palin.

bango
09-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I just hope that Palin can beat Obama in this race. I did not mean to mention race though. They need to call it something else.

irishjayhawk
09-17-2008, 09:20 PM
It's rather amusing that the same people who used to post fifteen threads a day about Obama's ______ are now whining about the same thing happening to Palin.

Yep.

RINGLEADER
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I really agreed with this line of thinking when he picked her but I'm less certain that having her on the ticket blunts the issue at all. Then again, the issues of leadership and defense that McCain thumps Obama with won't matter as much if this economic turmoil continues for seven more weeks.

Direckshun
09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Just an observation... Prior to the nomination of Sarah Palin, everything in this campaign revolved around Barack Obama's incompetency (or so the attack went). With Palin on board, the McCain camp has taken that attack out of their hands and put it in the hands of the Democrats.

Just an observation... Funny how things change.

No shit?

It's called creating a distraction, which is really the only campaign tactic Steve Schmidt knows how to conduct. The entire Palin nomination is a distraction.

NewChief
09-18-2008, 06:43 PM
No shit?

It's called creating a distraction, which is really the only campaign tactic Steve Schmidt knows how to conduct. The entire Palin nomination is a distraction.

But I think the point is that the distraction, in this case, distracted the Right from their attacks on Obama and they now spend all their time defending Palin. Not exactly the intended effect, I don't think.

MahiMike
09-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Only in America can a milf become president. And the scary thing is, with Mccain as president, he won't live thru 1 term let alone 2. Can you honestly feel comfy with someone as clueless as her running the country?