PDA

View Full Version : Elections 9/18: ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT (Obama: 267, McCain: 223, Toss-Up: 48)

RINGLEADER
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
UPDATE: Big shifts to Obama (primarily from the CNN poll and a new Indy Star poll that switches Indiana and Wisconsin to Obama and throws Florida into the toss-up category). The evidence of a renewed Obama shift hits the state polls. The CNN poll has Obama +2 in Ohio but that is RVs and there is another poll from the same period that is larger and is comprised of LVs so McCain holds the state in spite of that new poll.

In the Battleground states McCain is up Nevada, Missouri, Ohio, Colorado, North Carolina, Ohio, Montana, and Georgia while Obama is up in Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Indiana, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin, New Jersey, and Virginia.

It is tied in Minnesota and Florida.

Ultra Peanut
09-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't consider Missouri, Georgia, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, or Iowa to be battleground states at this point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-18-2008, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't consider Missouri, Georgia, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, or Iowa to be battleground states at this point.

You might be surprised about MO, Peanut, depending on how much voter registration Obama is able to do in Jackson, Boone, and St.L. Counties.

RINGLEADER
09-18-2008, 09:49 AM

Georgia and Iowa I would agree are basically settled. The last two polls out of Oregon and Washington are both within the margin of error. New Jersey is close but extremely doubtful IMO and Missouri, while consistently for McCain, will likely be closer than the +5/+6 he's currently polling.

Amnorix
09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Georgia and Iowa I would agree are basically settled. The last two polls out of Oregon and Washington are both within the margin of error. New Jersey is close but extremely doubtful IMO and Missouri, while consistently for McCain, will likely be closer than the +5/+6 he's currently polling.

Help the guy who doesn't live and breathe this stuff.

Georgia and Iowa are "basically settled" for who?

dirk digler
09-18-2008, 09:55 AM

I definitely agree about MO. I tried to explain this to Jake a while back. Going into the primaries Hillary was up 9 here in MO and that was from polls a day or so before the primary. St. Louis Co. swung the state. Obama was behind IIRC 150,000 votes or so and several news outlets called MO for Hillary including Fox News and the AP

dirk digler
09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Help the guy who doesn't live and breathe this stuff.

Georgia and Iowa are "basically settled" for who?

Georgia = McCain

Iowa = Obama

alnorth
09-18-2008, 10:51 AM

Yep. If Georgia is a battleground, then McCain is dead.

Likewise, I know some polls have come close, but if Washington state comes down to the wire, then it wouldnt matter because the networks will have all called the election for McCain as the WA polls close.

jAZ
09-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Kudos to you for doing this thread when it doesn't favor McCain (unlike recxjake). In kind, I make the same comments today that I did in the other one.

Why does it need a seperate thread? I'd create a single "*** (Un)Official Electoral Vote Count Thread ***". And keep the opening post updated with your latest details.

No Obama propaganda on good news days for him... not McCain propaganda on good news days for him. No endless board clutter with battling bumped threads.

JMO.

alnorth
09-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Kudos to you for doing this thread when it doesn't favor McCain (unlike recxjake). In kind, I make the same comments today that I did in the other one.

Why does it need a seperate thread? I'd create a single "*** (Un)Official Electoral Vote Count Thread ***". And keep the opening post updated with your latest details.

No Obama propaganda on good news days for him... not McCain propaganda on good news days for him. No endless board clutter with battling bumped threads.

JMO.

You cant update the thread title, and having that count in the board without having to constantly open it up and check is more interesting.

I dont think it really matters, its not like chiefsplanet is a finite cup that can hold only so many threads before it starts running over. The old threads can fall down and newer more relevant discussion can be seen on the first page.

Ultra Peanut
09-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Yep. If Georgia is a battleground, then McCain is dead.

Likewise, I know some polls have come close, but if Washington state comes down to the wire, then it wouldnt matter because the networks will have all called the election for McCain as the WA polls close.Exactly. There are some polls with Obama close in AZ and McCain within 10 in IL, but that doesn't make them battlegrounds. Similarly, places like Georgia and Washington may have a few polls that look close, but they're not going to be in doubt in November barring a landslide.

Ultra Peanut
09-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Some of us print out every page, mister. YOU ARE KILLING MORE TREES.

jAZ
09-18-2008, 11:27 AM
You cant update the thread title, and having that count in the board without having to constantly open it up and check is more interesting.

I dont think it really matters, its not like chiefsplanet is a finite cup that can hold only so many threads before it starts running over. The old threads can fall down and newer more relevant discussion can be seen on the first page.

Doing a single *** Official *** thread removes the temptation for Jake's (or hell my) propaganda. It's not like this would be the first such thread. It's been standard board protocol for years.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Gallup has Obama +4, while Rasmussen has it tied.

RINGLEADER
09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Doing a single *** Official *** thread removes the temptation for Jake's (or hell my) propaganda. It's not like this would be the first such thread. It's been standard board protocol for years.

If someone could show me how to change the thread title each day I'd be all for it. As it stands it's just one thread. I don't know what you're talking about re: propaganda...that's what makes this place fun you Obamanite you...