PDA

View Full Version : Elections KS Governor throwing out the race card.

Programmer
09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm ashamed to say I live in Kansas.

The is a walking talking cluster phuque.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5io19iOl4RpdFTSbbKEsc4yBUlpKgD9385RL00
Sebelius: 'Code language' hindering Obama campaign

By NIGEL DUARA – 1 day ago
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius said Tuesday that a belief among some voters that Democrat Barack Obama is different from them is hindering his campaign for president.
Asked at a brown-bag lunch at the local library why the campaign is neck-and-neck, Sebelius said "code language" raising doubts about Obama is invalid because his life experience "has a lot more to do with me and my family."
"I think that the notion that, 'By the way, have any of you noticed that Barack Obama is part African American?' I think that is for a number of people difficult," Sebelius said. "I think we need to talk about the fact that that is a real issue."
Sebelius promoted Obama's candidacy during stops in Cedar Rapids and West Burlington.
GOP leaders said Sebelius' comments were divisive.
"With less than 50 days to go, Democrats will continue to try and change the focus away from the issues that will decide this election," said Caleb Hunter, executive director of the Republican Party of Iowa. "Whether it is energy, the economy, or national security, Obama and his surrogates know that he is on the wrong side of each issue and that is why he can't seal the deal with Midwestern voters."
The governor said recent polling in the Upper Midwest showed the region is still in play for both parties. She noted that polls indicate Obama has a wide lead in Iowa over Republican John McCain but that the race in Minnesota is a dead heat.
The Democratic governor said she remains optimistic that Obama will carry the region because tax issues, energy policy and health care reform all favor the Democrat. She said Obama's campaign will focus on the economy and try to tie McCain's tax and economic plans to President Bush's policies.
"Iowa is likely to be a state that's decided by a couple percentage points either way," Sebelius said. "Sen. McCain's on his way here Thursday. He clearly feels that Iowa is in play." McCain and his vice presidential running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, were to attend a rally Thursday in Cedar Rapids.
Sebelius talked about a "neighborhood-by-neighborhood ground game" strategy to win votes in the region, but acknowledged it won't be an easy fight.
In Minnesota, a Minneapolis Star Tribune poll on Sunday showed each candidate supported by 45 percent of likely voters in the state. That's a dramatic improvement for McCain from a Star Tribune poll in May that found him trailing Obama by 13 percentage points.
"Minnesota is a state that's likely to be close," Sebelius said. To win, Democrats must refocus "voters on the economic challenges of the country and the fact that these candidates have very different plans to move us forward. I'm convinced Barack Obama will do very well in Minnesota."

HC_Chief
09-18-2008, 01:22 PM
How the hell did she win? Seriously? She is a complete #*%@tard.

tiptap
09-18-2008, 01:25 PM
I crossed the borders like back in the 1850's and voted for her

Dick Bull
09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
How the hell did she win? Seriously? She is a complete #*%@tard.

she can see missouri from an island in kansas