PDA

View Full Version : Misc Which of these people do you like and why? Also...

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Which of these people do you like and why? Also...
Which do you not care for and why... I won't be interacting on the subject, but I'll hang up and listen...

TIA and see below...

- Sean Hannity

- Bill O`Reilly

- Neil Boortz

- Rush Limbaugh

- Michael Savage

Note: I know there are many others. I've listened to the listed often, though. Feel free to write-in others if you choose.

Calcountry
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Mark Levin.

orange
09-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh when I was doing deliveries. It's hard to fall asleep at the wheel when your blood's boiling.

Howlin Wolf
09-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I like Savage because he totally understands Islam.

banyon
09-18-2008, 05:53 PM
I can't listen to any of the people you listed for more than ten minutes without switching the channel.

If I'm going to listen to a conservative, It would be Michael Medved, he has a brain of his own and is not afraid to take tough calls.

***SPRAYER
09-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Laura Ingraham.

WilliamTheIrish
09-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Rush is still one of the funniest commentators in the media today. After 20 years. I'm not in the car as much any more and when I am, I listen to Sirius. The one thing I really disliked about Rush's show was the sheer volume of commercials.

Put that fugger on satrad with limited interruptions and I'd listen to him again.

Calcountry
09-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I can't listen to any of the people you listed for more than ten minutes without switching the channel.

If I'm going to listen to a conservative, It would be Michael Medved, he has a brain of his own and is not afraid to take tough calls.Kind of like when Olberman is juicing all over Rachael Madaow?

I get your point.

Friendo
09-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Which of these people do you like and why? Also...
Which do you not care for and why... I won't be interacting on the subject, but I'll hang up and listen...

TIA and see below...

- Sean Hannity-not at all--water carrier plain and simple--a walking talking RWNJ cliche--corny & repetitive--only slightly less pussed out than Glen Beck--would LOVE to drop both of em in a Bagdad alley in mid-patriotic rant with an AR-15

- Bill O`Reilly--Red Cross expose--outside of that worthless

- Neil Boortz--f***ing Idiot nearly got booted from ALL Va. talk-radio stations for his boneheaded comment on the VPI shootings--nuff said

- Rush Limbaugh--entertaining and fairly sharp, but a major hypocrite

- Michael Savage--don't know much about him, but his equal Levin actually cracks me up

Note: I know there are many others. I've listened to the listed often, though. Feel free to write-in others if you choose.

Dennis Miller--actually listenable and gives a measure of legitimacy to Con-talk radio. Does great interviews (Dick Cavett)

Alan Colmes--tho disliked by both sides, the guy does good radio.

Calcountry
09-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Laura Ingraham.I don't care for her, she interupts people too much.

Very annoying to listen to her. Kind of like the other skinny blonde, what's her name. I'll think of it here in a minute. Ann Coulter.

Calcountry
09-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Dennis Miller--actually listenable and gives a measure of legitimacy to Con-talk radio. Does great interviews (Dick Cavett)

Alan Colmes--tho disliked by both sides, the guy does good radio.Miller had me laughing on O'reilly last night when he said he had to go to the thesaurus to get the synonym for defecate.

BucEyedPea
09-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Laura Ingraham.

I do too. She's about the only conservative I can listen to anymore.
I don't do much talk radio though.

Friendo
09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Miller had me laughing on O'reilly last night when he said he had to go to the thesaurus to get the synonym for defecate.

that's an odd-pair for sure and when Westwood One first started making joint promo appearances, it was awkward as hell--it was clear Dennis was just humoring Riles. O'Reilly strikes me as a extremely insecure, and it sure showed in those first dog and pony appearances.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-18-2008, 06:14 PM
none of the above.

banyon
09-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Kind of like when Olberman is juicing all over Rachael Madaow?

I get your point.

I didn't even know Olbermann had a radio show, so that's how much I listen I guess.

We don't tend to get those shows out here in Western Kansas.

wazu
09-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Of the ones listed Limbaugh is the only one I like.

HolmeZz
09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Of those, O'Reilly. He's a clown, but he's a tolerable clown(not in his views, tolerable in the sense that I can at least stand him).

I don't know how anyone could listen to Hannity and not become stupider.

Logical
09-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I almost like O'Reilly, I only listen to the others for the value of the humor. Though I won't ever listen to Rush.

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't care for her, she interupts people too much.

Very annoying to listen to her. Kind of like the other skinny blonde, what's her name. I'll think of it here in a minute. Ann Coulter.

I hate her. I'd like to pull her hair.

MahiMike
09-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Sean Hannity and Billo should be ripped apart by wild bears.

Rush needs to be run over by a truck.

The rest I really don't even care about.

MahiMike
09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I almost like O'Reilly, I only listen to the others for the value of the humor. Though I won't ever listen to Rush.

This one pretty much sums up Billo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctlmholr45c

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 07:05 PM
One thing (amongst others) I like about Boortz is, he's a mental warrior and never EVER get's broken down. He owned O`Reilly and owned Bob Barr alike in debates. Nobody on this board could knock back Boortz (given the chance), He's entirely too solid in confidence alone, let alone a double major. But don't be mistaken, he too can get on my nerves.

Logical
09-18-2008, 07:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctlmholr45cYes

Direckshun
09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
The ironic thing is, while I'm sure the conservatives on this board (S. Red included) probably don't give a shit what I think of conservative radio, I actually probably listen to it more than just about anybody here. I do a lot of my work while listening to it, drive to it in my car, and oftentimes have it playing while scrolling the internet and reading blogs and posting here.

I listen in order to understand the emotions and thought processes behind these salespeople that thrill the Republican Base. So my take will be completely different than most of the conservatives, but they are genuine and will reflect my most objective opinion possible.

- Sean Hannity

Hannity is little more than a salesman. Combine the selective and vacuous nature of recxjake and give it a charismatic, passionate, silver tongue. It's really hard for an objective person to deny that he's a likable character, even when he's feigning outrage at the Democrats. He reads actual articles from the news on his shows, and he has an unparalleled set of guests. His effusive praise for America can get excessive, but at least it never grows bland. He's a magnetic personality.

So why do I simply refer to him as a salesman? Because, of all the commentators listed here, except perhaps Coulter, basically nobody cherry-picks the news worse, and nobody stretches the truth more than Hannity. To draw a recent, extreme example, he sneered at Matt Damon on the air and told Damon to "go read somebody else's lines in your next movie," when in reality Damon's won an Oscar for writing. He is an "ends justify the means" type guy, so he is nothing but knee-jerk party line in all cases and will say basically anything, no matter how wrong, to save face for his side or to attack the other.

He takes calls from liberals and while he doesn't shout them down, he does interrupt them and force them to make impossible choices, or he filibusters and goes to commercials.

- Bill O`Reilly

O'Reilly gets unfairly maligned because, well, he's not the brightest guy. I rarely think that O'Reilly lies like some of the others here do (except when talking about himself), because I honestly think he's trying to be honest, he just doesn't have a clear grasp of the facts. O'Reilly, compared to the rest of conservative radio, is among the fairest, and believe it or not, more reasonable hosts. He is rarely a strict party-liner, instead marching to his own drum which usually beats conservative, albeit in unconventional ways. O'Reilly takes all callers of all stripes and treats them fairly. I prefer O'Reilly to most on this list.

His biggest problem is his aforementioned lack of grip on the facts, and his overwhelming ego, which can smother the show at times.

- Neil Boortz

Bootz, I'm afraid, is little more than a boorish hack. When you're a host on conservative radio, you're already playing to a friendly audience. All you have to do is present a clear line of thought, no matter how ignorant of reality or the facts as it may be, and you will do fine. It's a good gig.

But Bootz's arguments are usually void of substance, and impossibly simple to break down for even people who want to agree with him. This can get irritating when he's taking liberal callers and he's just shouting them down, disallowing them from even making a point. But it gets killer amusing when he allows his left-leaning co-host (whose name I don't remember) share the air, as this passive guy quietly stymies Boortz's dumb thought processes instantly.

- Rush Limbaugh

I don't like to listen to much of Limbaugh anymore. He reminds me a lot of Garofalo. He gained a huge audience a couple decades ago with his wry, conservative humor that always had a smirk on its face as a Democrat ended up in the crosshairs. But Limbaugh has abandoned this style for more straight-forward party-line stuff, and compared to the more excitable guys like Hannity and Levin, he's actually really bland.He's only good for an outrageous statement or two, or a cool guest from time to time.

- Michael Savage

Savage is basically the dark side of talk radio. I don't exactly know how this gentleman got started in the business but he is about this close to being deranged. The world is the center of the universe, and good is always at war with evil and the sheer breadth of things that he labels as evil is bewildering. He knows nothing but outrage. There is nothing of value about his show, like Boortz. But whereas Boortz is just a harmless buffoon, Savage truly has a completely radical construction of reality from which he judges the world that it's hard for me to understand what others see in him.

Until he starts taking calls. Then I see it. I've heard some of the freakiest and most horrifying theories about religion (since Savage basically advocates a crusade), armageddon, and the snailbeasts that inhabit Congress, all on his show. Savage's show appeals to no one but radicals and freaks. It's a circus on terrestrial radio. And I'm really not interested in having any part of it.

- Mark Levin

Levin is one of the most entertaining radio hosts on the power of his personality alone. He's an intelligent guy, but he rarely excercises that intelligence in any other way than to craft wonderfully sounding insult monologues at the liberals and Democrats and callers that he hates. As a pure model of language and propaghanda, Levin is second to none, except maybe Hannity. He is colorful, he covers a range of emotions, and he is just as good riffing off callers as he is with more thought-out material.

My main knock on Levin is that he's party-line on everything but McCain, which is refreshing. But he does play with selectiveness and bullying as much as anybody on radio, but that's basically the nature of the beast. Levin is a show, not an argument, and that's how any serious person should approach it to enjoy it. The real fireworks start when he lights into a liberal caller -- his arguments usually have holes, but damn can he deliver.

- Laura Ingraham

Ingraham is probably my favorite on the list except for Dennis Miller. She is smart but she is not afraid to stoop to dumb slogans like "Defeat-O-Crats," she is funny and witty even when it's a joke to interrupt a liberal caller, but the most important aspect of her show is that it's one of the more substantial shows on the radio. It's also one of the least acidic -- she doesn't think liberals and Democrats are evil, she just laughs at them and thinks they're ignorant and that they will be defeated at the end of the day because of that ignorance.

Now, she too is a cherry-picker of the news, but again that's a must of conservative radio, so you can't fault her too much for that. And she is strict party line but refuses to admit that she is unfair to the other side. But it's a lot easier to listen to her show, and a lot more enjoyable, than almost everybody else on this list.

- Dennis Miller

I have not heard Miller's show, but I am deeply familiar with his comedy. I think Miller is as sharp as anybody on this list, but I can't judge his show.

- Alan Colmes

Alan Colmes actually has a spine on radio, but too bad it's made of rubber. He's just not that interesting of a salesman, and he seems more interested in being right than in selling his point of view.

- Ann Coulter

I have nothing good to say about her. She is racist, sexist, and prejudiced against non-Christians. She will literally say anything if she perceives it as advantageous, and cares so little for facts that entire webpages are dedicated to correcting her. She has contempt for everyone who agrees with her just as much as those who disagrees with her, and she sees society as a collection of people to despise rather than as something to improve and progress.

Direckshun
09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
One thing (amongst others) I like about Boortz is, he's a mental warrior and never EVER get's broken down. He owned O`Reilly and owned Bob Barr alike in debates. Nobody on this board could knock back Boortz (given the chance), He's entirely too solid in confidence alone, let alone a double major. But don't be mistaken, he too can get on my nerves.

I've already made my argument in the above post, but I completely disagree.

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I've already made my argument in the above post, but I completely disagree.

That's fine, I certainly wouldn't call his thought-process dumb though. Regarding Savage, his book-smarts are sick. He is EXTREMELY versed in science as well as history. I simply love Savage.

MahiMike
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
The ironic thing is, while I'm sure the conservatives on this board (S. Red included) probably don't give a shit what I think of conservative radio, I actually probably listen to it more than just about anybody here. I do a lot of my work while listening to it, drive to it in my car, and oftentimes have it playing while scrolling the internet and reading blogs and posting here.

I listen in order to understand the emotions and thought processes behind these salespeople that thrill the Republican Base. So my take will be completely different than most of the conservatives, but they are genuine and will reflect my most objective opinion possible.

- Sean Hannity

Hannity is little more than a salesman. Combine the selective and vacuous nature of recxjake and give it a charismatic, passionate, silver tongue. It's really hard for an objective person to deny that he's a likable character, even when he's feigning outrage at the Democrats. He reads actual articles from the news on his shows, and he has an unparalleled set of guests. His effusive praise for America can get excessive, but at least it never grows bland. He's a magnetic personality.

So why do I simply refer to him as a salesman? Because, of all the commentators listed here, except perhaps Coulter, basically nobody cherry-picks the news worse, and nobody stretches the truth more than Hannity. To draw a recent, extreme example, he sneered at Matt Damon on the air and told Damon to "go read somebody else's lines in your next movie," when in reality Damon's won an Oscar for writing. He is an "ends justify the means" type guy, so he is nothing but knee-jerk party line in all cases and will say basically anything, no matter how wrong, to save face for his side or to attack the other.

He takes calls from liberals and while he doesn't shout them down, he does interrupt them and force them to make impossible choices, or he filibusters and goes to commercials.

- Bill O`Reilly

O'Reilly gets unfairly maligned because, well, he's not the brightest guy. I rarely think that O'Reilly lies like some of the others here do (except when talking about himself), because I honestly think he's trying to be honest, he just doesn't have a clear grasp of the facts. O'Reilly, compared to the rest of conservative radio, is among the fairest, and believe it or not, more reasonable hosts. He is rarely a strict party-liner, instead marching to his own drum which usually beats conservative, albeit in unconventional ways. O'Reilly takes all callers of all stripes and treats them fairly. I prefer O'Reilly to most on this list.

His biggest problem is his aforementioned lack of grip on the facts, and his overwhelming ego, which can smother the show at times.

- Neil Boortz

Bootz, I'm afraid, is little more than a boorish hack. When you're a host on conservative radio, you're already playing to a friendly audience. All you have to do is present a clear line of thought, no matter how ignorant of reality or the facts as it may be, and you will do fine. It's a good gig.

But Bootz's arguments are usually void of substance, and impossibly simple to break down for even people who want to agree with him. This can get irritating when he's taking liberal callers and he's just shouting them down, disallowing them from even making a point. But it gets killer amusing when he allows his left-leaning co-host (whose name I don't remember) share the air, as this passive guy quietly stymies Boortz's dumb thought processes instantly.

- Rush Limbaugh

I don't like to listen to much of Limbaugh anymore. He reminds me a lot of Garofalo. He gained a huge audience a couple decades ago with his wry, conservative humor that always had a smirk on its face as a Democrat ended up in the crosshairs. But Limbaugh has abandoned this style for more straight-forward party-line stuff, and compared to the more excitable guys like Hannity and Levin, he's actually really bland.He's only good for an outrageous statement or two, or a cool guest from time to time.

- Michael Savage

Savage is basically the dark side of talk radio. I don't exactly know how this gentleman got started in the business but he is about this close to being deranged. The world is the center of the universe, and good is always at war with evil and the sheer breadth of things that he labels as evil is bewildering. He knows nothing but outrage. There is nothing of value about his show, like Boortz. But whereas Boortz is just a harmless buffoon, Savage truly has a completely radical construction of reality from which he judges the world that it's hard for me to understand what others see in him.

Until he starts taking calls. Then I see it. I've heard some of the freakiest and most horrifying theories about religion (since Savage basically advocates a crusade), armageddon, and the snailbeasts that inhabit Congress, all on his show. Savage's show appeals to no one but radicals and freaks. It's a circus on terrestrial radio. And I'm really not interested in having any part of it.

- Mark Levin

Levin is one of the most entertaining radio hosts on the power of his personality alone. He's an intelligent guy, but he rarely excercises that intelligence in any other way than to craft wonderfully sounding insult monologues at the liberals and Democrats and callers that he hates. As a pure model of language and propaghanda, Levin is second to none, except maybe Hannity. He is colorful, he covers a range of emotions, and he is just as good riffing off callers as he is with more thought-out material.

My main knock on Levin is that he's party-line on everything but McCain, which is refreshing. But he does play with selectiveness and bullying as much as anybody on radio, but that's basically the nature of the beast. Levin is a show, not an argument, and that's how any serious person should approach it to enjoy it. The real fireworks start when he lights into a liberal caller -- his arguments usually have holes, but damn can he deliver.

- Laura Ingraham

Ingraham is probably my favorite on the list except for Dennis Miller. She is smart but she is not afraid to stoop to dumb slogans like "Defeat-O-Crats," she is funny and witty even when it's a joke to interrupt a liberal caller, but the most important aspect of her show is that it's one of the more substantial shows on the radio. It's also one of the least acidic -- she doesn't think liberals and Democrats are evil, she just laughs at them and thinks they're ignorant and that they will be defeated at the end of the day because of that ignorance.

Now, she too is a cherry-picker of the news, but again that's a must of conservative radio, so you can't fault her too much for that. And she is strict party line but refuses to admit that she is unfair to the other side. But it's a lot easier to listen to her show, and a lot more enjoyable, than almost everybody else on this list.

- Dennis Miller

I have not heard Miller's show, but I am deeply familiar with his comedy. I think Miller is as sharp as anybody on this list, but I can't judge his show.

- Alan Colmes

Alan Colmes actually has a spine on radio, but too bad it's made of rubber. He's just not that interesting of a salesman, and he seems more interested in being right than in selling his point of view.

- Ann Coulter

I have nothing good to say about her. She is racist, sexist, and prejudiced against non-Christians. She will literally say anything if she perceives it as advantageous, and cares so little for facts that entire webpages are dedicated to correcting her. She has contempt for everyone who agrees with her just as much as those who disagrees with her, and she sees society as a collection of people to despise rather than as something to improve and progress.

Excellent synopsis. You have too much talent for this board.

banyon
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM

What?

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 08:50 PM
What?

Huh? Uncle? Mom?

Is there a question.

banyon
09-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Huh? Uncle? Mom?

Is there a question.

Were you talking about him having a double major in college, or did it mean something else?

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Were you talking about him having a double major in college, or did it mean something else?

yes, no. I'm sorry, I knew there was a reason I didn't post here. I was thinking Savage, Savage actually has three degrees..

I stand corrected,

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Boortz only has one to my knowledge, He was a trial lawyer.

BucEyedPea
09-18-2008, 09:08 PM
- Laura Ingraham

Ingraham is probably my favorite on the list except for Dennis Miller. ... It's also one of the least acidic -- she doesn't think liberals and Democrats are evil, she just laughs at them and thinks they're ignorant and that they will be defeated at the end of the day because of that ignorance.

She used to date Keith Olbermann. I think they were engaged at one point too. There's another known liberal she had a relationship with too, but I can't think of the name off the top of my head. I was surprised but maybe that's why she doesn't think Liberals and Democrats are evil.

banyon
09-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Boortz only has one to my knowledge, He was a trial lawyer.

I'm a trial lawyer with four, so maybe I should debate both of them. :D

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm a trial lawyer with four, so maybe I should debate both of them. :D

I'll set it up, I know people in AM. ;) That's cool, if that is your profession. Rock on! PTTP!

bango
09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I am not sure that I know of this Neil Boortz. I do not like the others at all. Bill to me is the only one that I can tolerate the most. I do listen to a few minutes of Savage a week. I do not tune into any of the others. I will give Savage some credit he does go off and talks about almost everything and not just about politics. I have to take his credit away for being so over the top rude though. I used to listen to him almost everyday that he is on. I did until he went too far in one of the nicknames that he gives out to those on the media that he does not agree with. He made fun of a condition that they have. I think that is low just because someone does not think that the world should go back to being exactly like 1950's Brooklyn. He is the most entertaining though. He calls Rush Hush Bimbo, Bill Leprechaun, and I can not remember if he had a name for Sean or not. I think that they all play up how they feel about things like most people do when you put a camera or microphone in front of them. It is all an act.

SNR
09-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Michael Savage is a lot like Hitler. Provided you don't bring up politics, he's a funny man and a great guy.

Simply Red
09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
I am not sure that I know of this Neil Boortz. I do not like the others at all. Bill to me is the only one that I can tolerate the most. I do listen to a few minutes of Savage a week. I do not tune into any of the others. I will give Savage some credit he does go off and talks about almost everything and not just about politics. I have to take his credit away for being so over the top rude though. I used to listen to him almost everyday that he is on. I did until he went too far in one of the nicknames that he gives out to those on the media that he does not agree with. He made fun of a condition that they have. I think that is low just because someone does not think that the world should go back to being exactly like 1950's Brooklyn. He is the most entertaining though. He calls Rush Hush Bimbo, Bill Leprechaun, and I can not remember if he had a name for Sean or not. I think that they all play up how they feel about things like most people do when you put a camera or microphone in front of them. It is all an act.

Eh, your not missing much, just some prick. He's the best natural salesperson I've ever exposed my ears to, in a landslide.

He totally owned OReilly, like three and a half yrs. ago. Again, in a landslide.

SBK
09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Limbaugh is hilarious, his sense of humor is classic.

Hannity is nothing but a nasal talking points argument for however long he's on the radio. He has the worst show on the radio period.

Never listen to Bill O, he's an idiot.

Glenn Beck is hilarious too, pure entertainment.

Michael Savage reminds me of sitting in the living room with your old family member who just rambles and rambles. I love listening to his show for that purpose only.

In the end these guys are all entertainers, some are clearly better than the rest.

Velvet_Jones
09-18-2008, 10:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctlmholr45c

hehehe. Donahue is a total idiot and a pussy. is this all you got?

Velvet_Jones
09-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Sean Hannity - I like sean but I think he is petty sometimes. I rarely listen to him on radio or on hannity and colmes. The tv side makes me want to kit Alan Colmes in the nuts.

Bill O`Reilly - I do like bill at times. He is a graff person that askes tough questions. But - in order to get interviews, he limits his questions too much. Its a business issue.

Neil Boortz - I like neil but I thing some of his ideas are nuts. The application of his ideas reminds me of Ron Paul. Baby steps would be a better approach.

Rush Limbaugh - funnier than hell.

Michael Savage - ****ing crazy dude. Have little respet for him.

SNR
09-18-2008, 11:08 PM
See, this is funny stuff that Savage brings to the table. It's valid, but it's also nothing more than pure speculation. Some of the listeners will interpret it as truth, and others will think he's dead serious. Whatever it is, it makes for good listening on the way home from work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtytCT08g-Q

SBK
09-19-2008, 01:08 AM
There are no better laughs than when Savage uses his 'dirty nightshirts' to describe how our terrorist friends dress.

rrl308
09-19-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't like any of them, but I absolutely can't stand Hannity.

Saggysack
09-19-2008, 01:10 AM
I don't like any of them. I use the radio to listen to music. **** all that babble from buffoons. Ain't got time for it.

Ari Chi3fs
09-19-2008, 01:24 AM

- Sean Hannity

- Bill O`Reilly

- Neil Boortz

- Rush Limbaugh

- Michael Savage

- Mark Levin

- Laura Ingraham

- Dennis Miller

- Alan Colmes

- Ann Coulter

Id rep you, but I used all mine getting Claythan back in the green.