PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV ****Smallville Season 8****

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2008, 07:03 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/73/SmallvilleNewOpeningCredits.jpg

Yeah bitch, Superman FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://channelsurfing.net/

http://www.smallvilleepisodesfree.com/

http://www.scifistream.com/smallville/

Sure-Oz
09-18-2008, 07:06 PM
i havent seen any of season 7, currently catching up on DVD right now...i assume season 8 started tonight?? is there a site that i can catch current eps for season 8, maybe the CW site? I havent started to DVR them yet

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2008, 07:51 PM
i havent seen any of season 7, currently catching up on DVD right now...i assume season 8 started tonight?? is there a site that i can catch current eps for season 8, maybe the CW site? I havent started to DVR them yet

http://channelsurfing.net/

http://www.smallvilleepisodesfree.com/

http://www.scifistream.com/smallville/

Guru
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Decent ep.

Tribal Warfare
09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Decent ep.

yes it was, Now it's time for Clark to kick ass in Metropolis while macing on Lois Lane.

Guru
09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
yes it was, Now it's time for Clark to kick ass in Metropolis while macing on Lois Lane.
Its about time they killed the farm life aspect of his history.

Silock
09-19-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm really getting sick of the "losing your powers" storylines. Hopefully, they've burned those scripts.

Guru
09-19-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm really getting sick of the "losing your powers" storylines. Hopefully, they've burned those scripts.

Yeah, I wasn't real happy with that either. I would have to imagine that is at an end now.

keg in kc
09-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Haven't seen much of a change with the new showrunners. It was okay, I guess, but didn't do much for me.

Supernatural was awesome. As usual.

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
It seems like this "Davis" guy will be the incarnation of Doomsday

Guru
09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
It seems like this "Davis" guy will be the incarnation of Doomsday
Yep. they said they were going to get him involved early.

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Yep. they said they were going to get him involved early.

I wonder if they'll go into that "Davis" is another alien and do the Doomsday backstory, or will they make him out as some mutated freak that was produced by Lexcorp.

Guru
09-25-2008, 11:18 PM
I wonder if they'll go into that "Davis" is another alien and do the Doomsday backstory, or will they make him out as some mutated freak that was produced by Lexcorp.
I'll be disappointed if they don't do the comic backstory on him.

Silock
09-26-2008, 02:09 PM
That episode sucked.

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Chloe got hardcore!!!

Guru
10-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Holy crap!!!! Didn't see that one coming.

Guru
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Doom's day has come.
About time.

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Doom's day has come.
About time.

I'm glad they didn't fuck up the comic storyline too much, but if they are trying to stay true ( somewhat) The JL with Clark and battle against Doomsday. Clark and the JL will get the shit kicked out of them and Clark is thought to be dead.

Guru
11-14-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm glad they didn't **** up the comic storyline too much, but if they are trying to stay true ( somewhat) The JL with Clark and battle against Doomsday. Clark and the JL will get the shit kicked out of them and Clark is thought to be dead.I've never read the comics or the specific book on that. Based on what you have said though, this could be an interesting few weeks of sweeps.

Bowser
11-14-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm glad they didn't **** up the comic storyline too much, but if they are trying to stay true ( somewhat) The JL with Clark and battle against Doomsday. Clark and the JL will get the shit kicked out of them and Clark is thought to be dead.

And at least it looks like they kept his appearance similar to the comic.

I'll guess ahead and say that it's going to take Jor-El fighting off Brainiac in the Fortress to save Clark, and in some way that will trigger an event causing everyone ot forget about Clark so he can blend in at the Planet without being noticed as Superman. :shrug:

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
And at least it looks like they kept his appearance similar to the comic.

I'll guess ahead and say that it's going to take Jor-El fighting off Brainiac in the Fortress to save Clark, and in some way that will trigger an event causing everyone ot forget about Clark so he can blend in at the Planet without being noticed as Superman. :shrug:

This is my assumption also where some type of global mind wipe erases everyone's memory concerning his abilities.

Guru
11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
This is my assumption also where some type of global mind wipe erases everyone's memory concerning his abilities. Yeah but they still need to wipe their memories of Clark as well. right now, Lois would recognize him as superman since he has never worn glasses. (dumbest disguise ever)

Of course, they will do what they want to do though.

Taco John
11-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Is this show worthwhile? Season eight? It must be. I may have to pick up season one and see for myself.

Bowser
11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Is this show worthwhile? Season eight? It must be. I may have to pick up season one and see for myself.

It's...above average, mostly. They have taken a lot of liberties with the Supes mythos, some good, some kind of eh. The storyline is up and down, but this season is holding my attention better. It is kind of cool on certain DC characters to see how they blend into the Smallville storyline.

Bowser
11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I wll say that it bugs the hell out of me that they made Metropolis into Kansas City, essentially, by putting it smack dab in the middle of the country, instead of on the east coast where it should be.

Silock
11-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I wll say that it bugs the hell out of me that they made Metropolis into Kansas City, essentially, by putting it smack dab in the middle of the country, instead of on the east coast where it should be.

w00t! KC!

Silock
11-15-2008, 01:03 PM

The first season is incredibly cheesy, but it does really well setting up the series. I'm a big fan of the whole series. It can get trying at times, but what show doesn't at some point? Hell, even Entourage got bogged down in the middle, and it's only in its 5th season.

Overall, I highly recommend this show. If you like comic books or Superman at ALL, you'll love it.

Guru
11-20-2008, 06:54 PM
how much longer before we hear Lana utter the words.....

Guru
11-20-2008, 07:47 PM
January? damn

Silock
11-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Dammit... January?!?!

BTW, I would so fuck Lois. She's hot as hell.

Guru
11-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Dammit... January?!?!

BTW, I would so **** Lois. She's hot as hell.

Oh mighty Isis. :)

keg in kc
01-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Looks like there's going to be a 9th season after all.

Guru
01-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Looks like there's going to be a 9th season after all.Hadn't heard there would not be one. What info are you citing?

keg in kc
01-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Hadn't heard there would not be one. What info are you citing?Talk for months was that 8 was the last because Tom Welling wanted to do something else. I thought there was a pretty good chance it was posturing for more $$$, which apparently it was.

Got the story here: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/ask-ausiello-sp.htmlQuestion: Any news as to whether Tom Welling has signed on for another season of Smallville? -- Scarlett

Ausiello: Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well-placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street.

Guru
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
And we're back.

keg in kc
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
And we're back.In even more epic news, supernatural is back in 3 minutes.

Silock
01-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Evil Chloe was hot.

Guru
01-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Evil Chloe was hot.Got a kick out of her line after waking up. "I feel a whole lot dumber now."

BWillie
01-16-2009, 01:10 AM
So I stopped watching this show 3 years ago when I was in college. Has he become f*cking superman yet or not? Is Clark like 33 yet? He's gotta be getting up there. Tom Welling is like 35 in real life, swear to god.

Guru
01-16-2009, 02:02 AM
So I stopped watching this show 3 years ago when I was in college. Has he become f*cking superman yet or not? Is Clark like 33 yet? He's gotta be getting up there. Tom Welling is like 35 in real life, swear to god.So? Ralph Machio was 25 when he played a 16 year old in Karate Kid. heh

Age 25:
Clark graduates from college after just two years
(THE WORLD OF METROPOLIS #3)
Clark studies journalism in Europe (ADVENTURES #0)
Clark saves Spaceplane over Metropolis;
Lois Lane writes article about "Superman"; Pa Kent designs costume;
Superman goes public (MAN OF STEEL #1)
Superman makes his debut, inspiring a new heroic ago (ZH*10 ya)
Intergang forms in Metropolis (ADVENTURES Annual #7)
Superman meets Lois Lane; Clark gets a job at the Daily Planet
(MAN OF STEEL #2; THE WORLD OF METROPOLIS #3)
Superman's first encounter with magic & Dr. Occult (SUPERMAN Annual #7)
Superman's first trip to outer space (ACTION Annual #7)
Superman first meets Batman and the two become uneasy allies (8 mos. after
first Superman appearance) (MAN OF STEEL #3)
Superman meets rest of original JLA (S:TMOS Annual #4)
Superman's first Christmas in Metropolis (DCU HOLIDAY BASH #1 [1997])

He's technically not there yet as he is only 22 or 23 in the show now.
</pre>

Valiant
01-16-2009, 03:03 AM
So I stopped watching this show 3 years ago when I was in college. Has he become f*cking superman yet or not? Is Clark like 33 yet? He's gotta be getting up there. Tom Welling is like 35 in real life, swear to god.

Close, he is a year older then my at 31

keg in kc
03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
New ep tonight, new supernatural too.

Guru
03-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I can see Dane was involved with this ep as well. Damn time travel crap.

keg in kc
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
There was no other way out of that setup. Clark telling the world everything?

The end was a good pair of twists. Killing Linda Lake and then having Clark get cold feet after teasing them getting together all episode.

Guru
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
There was no other way out of that setup. Clark telling the world everything?

The end was a good pair of twists. Killing Linda Lake and then having Clark get cold feet after teasing them getting together all episode.Why was killing Linda Lake a good twist? Doomsday did that.

Tribal Warfare
04-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Doomsday has officially arrived

Guru
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Doomsday has officially arrivedGoing with the beauty and the beast angle here.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Going with the beauty and the beast angle here.

and Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde , the beauty and the beast shit is to keep the female viewership interested.

Guru
04-04-2009, 01:33 AM
and Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde , the beauty and the beast shit is to keep the female viewership interested.Yeah, I'm sure they are having a hard time keeping the females involved. Hell, my step mother tunes it only for the "eye-candy" as she puts it.

keg in kc
04-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Haven't liked most of this season, particularly recently, although I thought Thursday was better. Hopefully when they do have their fight, it's about 100 times bigger than anything they've done on the show up to now.

Guru
04-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Haven't liked most of this season, particularly recently, although I thought Thursday was better. Hopefully when they do have their fight, it's about 100 times bigger than anything they've done on the show up to now.Agreed. It had better be EPIC the way they are building it up. If it turns out like the Heroes DUD with Peter and Sylar in season one I will be PISSED.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Agreed. It had better be EPIC the way they are building it up. If it turns out like the Heroes DUD with Peter and Sylar in season one I will be PISSED.

Clark will have to die, and wil hel be resurrected because the writers had to put a biblical messiah overtone to it with the Judas tripe.

Guru
04-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Clark will have to die, and wil hel be resurrected because the writers had to put a biblical messiah overtone to it with the Judas tripe.That would follow the Doomsday setup since that is where they went after the book.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2009, 03:36 AM
That would follow the Doomsday setup since that is where they went after the book.

Yeah, but the writers made it too cookie cutter for even mentioning the whole biblical notion, the premise of the Superman Mythos implies that without saying it in the aburpt fashion that Tess divulged. Now we know her ass is definitely dead, because anyone who can ascertain that Clark is the red and blue blur constitutes an immediate threat especially an enemy and an opportunist. She'll probably die while Doomsday breaks of a piece of kryptonite in her asshole.

Guru
04-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Yeah, but the writers made it too cookie cutter for even mentioning the whole biblical notion, the premise of the Superman Mythos implies that without saying it in the aburpt fashion that Tess divulged. Now we know her ass is definitely dead, because anyone who can ascertain that Clark is the red and blue blur constitutes an immediate threat especially an enemy and an opportunist. She'll probably die while Doomsday breaks of a piece of kryptonite in her asshole.She would probably enjoy that.

keg in kc
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
What a shitty, shitty finale.

Guru
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Very Heroes-esque. All the build up all season for the showdown with Doomsday and then nothing.

Silock
05-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow. That was the worst finale I've EVER seen. I'm done with this show, too. First Heroes, now Smallville. I guess there's a reason comic-book TV shows never last.

Nightwish
05-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Very Heroes-esque. All the build up all season for the showdown with Doomsday and then nothing.
I think part of that is that through most of the season, they were planning for this to be the final season, so they wanted to build it up for a grand finale when Clark fights his final battle and dons the red and blue tights. But then the show got picked up for a 9th season, so they had to take some of the "finally" out of the "finale."

Valiant
05-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Supernaturals finale was awesome though..

Tribal Warfare
05-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I think part of that is that through most of the season, they were planning for this to be the final season, so they wanted to build it up for a grand finale when Clark fights his final battle and dons the red and blue tights. But then the show got picked up for a 9th season, so they had to take some of the "finally" out of the "finale."

Yeah, I saw that coming too since it was picked up, but at least they should've had a badass battle which left Clark supposely dead for a cliffhanger to transition into next season.

Nightwish
05-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I saw that coming too since it was picked up, but at least they should've had a badass battle which left Clark supposely dead for a cliffhanger to transition into next season.
I agree. After all, Doomsday did kill Supes in the comics. Of course, Doomsday isn't dead, so the apocalyptic battle could still happen at some point in the series. But I agree, the season finale was somewhat anticlimactic.

Nightwish
05-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Supernaturals finale was awesome though..
Yeah, it was good. I was really disappointed with Ruby's betrayal - I really didn't see that coming. So, is next season going to just be Sam & Dean & Bobby & Cas & Anna chasing Lucifer all over creation? And I wonder if what's-her-name, the thief chick, is going to make a reappearance.

Tribal Warfare
05-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree. After all, Doomsday did kill Supes in the comics. Of course, Doomsday isn't dead, so the apocalyptic battle could still happen at some point in the series. But I agree, the season finale was somewhat anticlimactic.

What was the deal with the Lex Luthor looking figure residing on top of a kryptonion symbol. I'm not sure how the writers will make this new element feasible in the story.

Guru
05-17-2009, 12:00 PM
What was the deal with the Lex Luthor looking figure residing on top of a kryptonion symbol. I'm not sure how the writers will make this new element feasible in the story.It looked like a big Z to me.

I was thinking Zod myself.

Nightwish
05-17-2009, 12:01 PM
What was the deal with the Lex Luthor looking figure residing on top of a kryptonion symbol. I'm not sure how the writers will make this new element feasible in the story.
You mean the final scene? That wasn't Lex, that was General Zod. He was somehow released from the Phantom Zone. If you listen closely, he was repeating, "Zod, Zod, Zoddddd."

Tribal Warfare
05-17-2009, 12:14 PM
You mean the final scene? That wasn't Lex, that was General Zod. He was somehow released from the Phantom Zone. If you listen closely, he was repeating, "Zod, Zod, Zoddddd."

I don't remember the Zod enchantment, but a bald naked dude appearing in front of Tess.

Guru
05-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't remember the Zod enchantment, but a bald naked dude appearing in front of Tess.That is who we are talking about.

Valiant
05-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah, it was good. I was really disappointed with Ruby's betrayal - I really didn't see that coming. So, is next season going to just be Sam & Dean & Bobby & Cas & Anna chasing Lucifer all over creation? And I wonder if what's-her-name, the thief chick, is going to make a reappearance.

I think Lucifer is going to possess Sam.. Either that or it is Sam, Dean, Bobby, Cas and Anna vs. heaven and hell after they defeat Lucifer..

Nightwish
05-17-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't remember the Zod enchantment, but a bald naked dude appearing in front of Tess.
Tess sees a glowing light, starts running through her mansion to her bedroom, then looks out the window. A glowing sphere appears floating above the ground, then an explosion of bright light, then she looks again and there's a naked Zod (maybe bald, hard to tell, he's all CGI) holding the sphere and standing in what looks like a stylized "Z." Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Lex resurface at some point. It was an extremely bold step away from canon to kill him off before Clark ever dons the suit, so I'm half expecting them to come up with some reason why he wasn't killed, or maybe there's a clone of him out there, or something.

Guru
05-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Tess sees a glowing light, starts running through her mansion to her bedroom, then looks out the window. A glowing sphere appears floating above the ground, then an explosion of bright light, then she looks again and there's a naked Zod (maybe bald, hard to tell, he's all CGI) holding the sphere and standing in what looks like a stylized "Z." Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Lex resurface at some point. It was an extremely bold step away from canon to kill him off before Clark ever dons the suit, so I'm half expecting them to come up with some reason why he wasn't killed, or maybe there's a clone of him out there, or something.I believe I did read where the actor playing Lex will be back in the final season. Not full time though.

Bowser
05-17-2009, 09:18 PM
When did they decide to do another season? It seems like the finale was some hectic mishmosh thrown together at the last second.

Guru
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
When did they decide to do another season? It seems like the finale was some hectic mishmosh thrown together at the last second.Around mid season. January I think.

JD10367
05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
The show's gone downhill since the founders left. They've gone from "straying from the original storyline" to "plain old making sh*t up that makes no sense". Time to end it, I think.

But I'd still love to be the meat in an Erica Durance-Alison Mack sandwich. (You can throw Kristin Kreuk in there as well.)

Valiant
05-19-2009, 01:07 PM
The show's gone downhill since the founders left. They've gone from "straying from the original storyline" to "plain old making sh*t up that makes no sense". Time to end it, I think.

But I'd still love to be the meat in an Erica Durance-Alison Mack sandwich. (You can throw Kristin Kreuk in there as well.)

Always amazes me all the newer posters that pop up in the weirdest threads on a Chiefs board..

Welcome to Chiefsplanet..

JD10367
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Always amazes me all the newer posters that pop up in the weirdest threads on a Chiefs board..

Welcome to Chiefsplanet..

Thanks. And I've perused the board a few times in the past and all the threads seemed equally weird, so I figured it didn't matter which one I started in. :)

Guru
08-27-2009, 03:25 AM
Official trailer for Season 9

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/20/smallville-season-9-promo/

Silock
08-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Hmm... looks like I'll be giving it a shot. The last couple of seasons have SUCKED ASS. But, it looks like they figured out they need to take the show in a new direction.

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Official trailer for Season 9

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/20/smallville-season-9-promo/

Friday? Man, Welling must want to end this during midseason.

Guru
08-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Friday? Man, Welling must want to end this during midseason.Hell, they are already talking about season10

BWillie
08-28-2009, 12:58 AM
So just checking in - used to watch this show 3 years ago. Is clark superman yet? Is Lex finally a complete asshole? Is Lana f*cking off the show yet?

Thanks. I'll listen off the air.

Guru
08-28-2009, 01:06 AM
So just checking in - used to watch this show 3 years ago. Is clark superman yet? Is Lex finally a complete asshole? Is Lana f*cking off the show yet?

Thanks. I'll listen off the air.
1. no but close
2. always was and is gone now
3. almost

BWillie
08-28-2009, 01:08 AM
1. no but close
2. always was and is gone now
3. almost

Lex is gone? Like he's not even a character on the show anymore? How is this show still on the air then? That is like making 3 more seasons of Entourage w/out Ari Gold.

Guru
08-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Lex is gone? Like he's not even a character on the show anymore? How is this show still on the air then? That is like making 3 more seasons of Entourage w/out Ari Gold.Yeah, he just disappeared after season 7 ended. from what I have heard, there are no plans to bring him back because the actor is no longer interested in the role.

It has actually been pretty good without him though.

BWillie
08-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah, he just disappeared after season 7 ended. from what I have heard, there are no plans to bring him back because the actor is no longer interested in the role.

It has actually been pretty good without him though.

He probably got sick of having to be bald all the time.

Valiant
08-28-2009, 02:57 AM
He probably got sick of having to be bald all the time.

Well his career isn't doing much without being on smallville.. I thought he was going to come back for the last season though, that sucks.. I wish the series was done because they ruin each season since about season 6..

Valiant
08-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Supernatural is where it is at, but alas I think this is the last season for it.. IMO it is on par with True Blood if not better.. And that is odd for a network show..

Guru
08-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Well his career isn't doing much without being on smallville.. I thought he was going to come back for the last season though, that sucks.. I wish the series was done because they ruin each season since about season 6..It would help if they quit making Clark such a wimp (at this point in the show he should be doing more than he does and getting his butt beat less often) and also quit having him lose his powers every year. That line is getting so damned old.

keg in kc
08-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Supernatural is where it is at, but alas I think this is the last season for it.. IMO it is on par with True Blood if not better.. And that is odd for a network show..Supernatural may be my favorite show on tv right now. And I believe you're right about this being the final season.

Smallville needs to be at least watchable pretty fast to keep me as a viewer. That season finale was one of the worst things I've seen on TV in a long time.

Guru
08-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Supernatural may be my favorite show on tv right now. And I believe you're right about this being the final season.

Smallville needs to be at least watchable pretty fast to keep me as a viewer. That season finale was one of the worst things I've seen on TV in a long time.Yep. Last years finale was right on par with the crap Heroes did. BIG HUGE buildup and tiny payoff.