PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV (Heroes - the Official Thread Volume Three Villains)

Pages : [1] 2

oaklandhater
09-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Here is some clips of (Volume Three) spoiler warning

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com/2008/09/first-5-minutes-of-season-3.html

This Monday any hero can be a Villain

next ep The Second Coming airs 9/22/2008

This show is going to rape TSCC in the rateings on monday :(

Pestilence
09-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I still have to watch Season 2.

Buck
09-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I was at Comic-Con when they previewed the first hour of the 2 hour premier, and it was AWESOME

irishjayhawk
09-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I was at Comic-Con when they previewed the first hour of the 2 hour premier, and it was AWESOME

Really?

I heard the exact opposite from a lot of people. Basically, it made the "Claire cures all" story line tolerable by making things even more stupid.

Tribal Warfare
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Bwaahhaahhhaahahhaahaa :fire:

Buck
09-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Really?

I heard the exact opposite from a lot of people. Basically, it made the "Claire cures all" story line tolerable by making things even more stupid.

Uh, no.

Don't listen to them, they have the retarded.

Valiant
09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Mod, we need you to stick this on the main thread like Wrasslin...

Guru
09-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Here is some clips of (Volume Three) spoiler warning

http://spoilertv-heroes.blogspot.com/2008/09/first-5-minutes-of-season-3.html

This Monday any hero can be a Villain

next ep The Second Coming airs 9/22/2008

TSCC is on at 7pm. Heroes is on at 8pm.

Fruit Ninja
09-19-2008, 10:31 PM
I hope its better. Season 2 was booooo.

KCChiefsMan
09-19-2008, 11:09 PM

I love this show. I didn't think season 2 was that bad, it should have focused on the season 1 characters more instead of bringing in a new one each week. So I kinda agree. I still can't wait for season 3!

irishjayhawk
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM

Yep. And that's my fear. I have really low expectations.

Especially after that awful love relationship between claire and that idiot.

Fruit Ninja
09-20-2008, 12:18 AM
I did watch it every week though. I could just stare at Kristen Bell forever and not be bored. lol

Fairplay
09-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Hiro looks like hes trying to take a huge dump everytime he time travels.

BigRedChief
09-22-2008, 06:33 AM
The official site:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/ (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/)

The unoffical fan site:
http://www.9thwonders.com/ (http://www.9thwonders.com/)

Interactive Novels that pick up where the TV show ends:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/ (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/)

Heroes the series.com
http://www.heroestheseries.com/ (http://www.heroestheseries.com/)

Other Heroes video links:
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/vide...tml#mea=160134 (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/video_display.shtml#mea=160134)

Link for reference to the Chief Planet season 1 discussion:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149388 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149388)

Link for reference to the Chief Planet season 2 discussion:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=170794&page=13&highlight=heroes

BigRedChief
09-22-2008, 12:29 PM
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- When we last saw "Heroes," those ordinary humans with extraordinary powers were tussling with an atypical foe: a writers strike that cut the NBC drama's second season short.

Several months later, everyone on the show agrees the labor struggle gave the superhero series an inadvertent creative boost.
"The show is made under a certain amount of duress because of the sheer size and scale of it," says creator and executive producer Tim Kring, sitting in his office alongside co-executive producers Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander. "It basically takes us a whole year to shoot a season. We don't really get a break, so the time off creatively helped us."

Kring says the time allowed for a reinvigoration of the creative team -- which may pacify fans who lashed out at the "Heroes" writers for a second-season story line focusing on twins Maya (Dania Ramirez) and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) and a plot that left time bender Hiro (Masi Oka) -- a fan favorite -- trapped in feudal Japan.

Production on the new season began in May, picking up where the second season left off: the small-town Texas police station where high-flying Nathan Petrelli (Adrian Pasdar) was shot down by a shadowy figure. The set was supposed to play a big role in a volume about the town being quarantined, but that was scrapped because of the writers strike.

On this day of filming, power-absorbing Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia) is spending a suspicious amount of time in the janitor's closet with a scowl -- and a scar -- across his face. While his presumably dead brother, Nathan, is nowhere to be seen, Peter has caught the attention of mind-reading policeman Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg).

"I'm in a really good place on the show right now," says Grunberg during a break from shooting. "I know Matt will soon be getting some frequent-flier miles. Hopefully, he'll now be able to control people with his mind. And I'd like him to get a little taste of the dark side. I think that's something that's certainly tempting with his sort of power."

Grunberg's wish may be granted. This season, many of the "Heroes" will morph into villains -- or at least tussle with a group of powerful baddies who've escaped from a superpowered underground penitentiary called Level 5. Mastermind Linderman (Malcolm McDowell) and the electric Elle (Kristen Bell) will also return in guest stints.
Hiro will reteam with sidekick Ando (James Kyson Lee) following the murder of
his father Kaito (George Takei). After receiving a beyond-the-grave clue from Kaito, the duo will set out to find a super-secret formula. Hiro will also meet his nemesis, speedy thief Daphne (Brea Grant), and will witness Hiro 3.0 when he leaps forward to a very freaky future.

"We're going to see a different version of future Hiro," says Oka. "The first one became sort of corrupt because Ando died. This future Hiro is not as hardened because there is a future Ando, but this future Hiro gets betrayed, and what he thought was his foundation disappears. It's a big shock that Hiro will be dealing with for a few episodes."

Confused? Don't worry. Kring and company promise more answers are coming. In the two-part premiere episode airing 8 p.m. EDT Monday, viewers will learn who shot Nathan and whether evil Sylar (Zachary Quinto) actually eats the brains of his superpowered victims. They'll also see a few characters wield new powers for the first time.

"Once we answer a question, there's this certain relief from the audience that we know what we're doing," says Kring. "I think the audience has been burned by shows that take them down roads where they're not given a satisfying conclusion. This season, I really feel like great rewards are going to be given to people who watch this show."

Yet traipsing through the "Heroes" soundstages at Sunset Gower Studios provides more questions than answers: Why is a somber horde of extras hanging out near the New Orleans home of Nana Dawson? Who is Tracy Strauss and why does she have such a swanky apartment in Washington? And what's up with the big blood stain in the Bennet's California abode?
The most curious question, however, lies inside power-absorbing Peter Petrelli's New York City apartment.

There's an intricate web of colorful strings -- similar to one glimpsed in a few futuristic season-one scenes -- amid dingy walls that have been plastered with photos, maps, book pages, newspaper clips and curious scribbles. One note reads: If they knew what the future is to going end up like, how will they go about changing their fate and the fate of others?

HolmeZz
09-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Been as much action in the first 30 minutes as all of last season.

Getting tired of people being brought back to life though.

HolmeZz
09-22-2008, 07:38 PM
This is the creepiest scene I've ever seen on network television.

Saulbadguy
09-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Linderman back. Does anyone die?

KcMizzou
09-22-2008, 08:09 PM
"Like a long night after a bad taco."

Groan...

ZootedGranny
09-22-2008, 09:57 PM
This show has turned into a complete trainwreck, but I will continue to watch it just to simultaneously love it and hate it.

Ultra Peanut
09-22-2008, 10:10 PM
WISE FWOM YOUW BED MINE ZOMBIE BROTHER

I haven't seen an episode since, like, episode four from last year, so uh, I really don't know what the **** is going on. Maybe that's for the best.

They killed off Forest AND George Takei last year? Man, what the ****?

Francis Capra is on the show now, or at least these episodes? I hope the second hour is just Veronica and Weevil reminiscing.

Ultra Peanut
09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
MARLO?!

Silock
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
First hour -- sucked.

Second hour -- awesome.

Ultra Peanut
09-22-2008, 11:23 PM
First hour -- sucked.

Second hour -- awesome.I just started the second hour a second ago, and seeing Marlo Stanfield behead Claire was pretty much enough for me. A++

Seriously, as retarded as the show may or may not be, they know who to cast to entice me to watch.

Valiant
09-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Bruce Boxleitner ftw

Ultra Peanut
09-22-2008, 11:43 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2lcobgi.jpg

Guru
09-22-2008, 11:48 PM
BAD CGI. Horrible.

Mr Luzcious
09-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Will I be completely lost if I start watching again after missing all of season 2?

Valiant
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Will I be completely lost if I start watching again after missing all of season 2?

Yes..

Go netflix or rent it.. You can watch it all in a couple days easily..

Basileus777
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
I just started the second hour a second ago, and seeing Marlo Stanfield behead Claire was pretty much enough for me.

I didn't even realize that was Marlo.

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2008, 12:17 AM
BAD CGI. Horrible.It looked fine in real time. That didn't keep me from literally laughing for five minutes straight when I saw that screencap, though.

I didn't even realize that was Marlo.I have the BEST idea. They could just bring in Bodie and Omar (and Omar's latin lover), and kill off every regular except Noah, Nathan, Hiro, and Ando, and retcon it so that Enrico Colantoni is <strike>Veron</strike>Elle's real father, and...

That was indeed a fun second episode. I yelled "Through hellfire and brimstone!" when the Kane-looking guy first appeared early on, and then, wouldn't you know it, he does look like Kane and he is a pyromaniac. That had to be intentional.

Come on Weevil, you always save Veronica just in time.

ZootedGranny
09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
MARLO?!

Andre Royo (BUBBLES!) was credited in the intro to the second episode, but I never saw him.

Just save yourself the time and read a recap somewhere. If you sit down and watch the second season, by the time you're done you won't want to watch the third.

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Andre Royo (BUBBLES!) was credited in the intro to the second episode, but I never saw him.Well, there's an hour I'm going to have to spend going through the episode frame by frame.

And I approve of the Mohinderfly storyline as long as it produces stuff like this:

Hey look its mohinder

BUZZ BUZZZ BUZZZ BUZZZ

Fruit Ninja
09-23-2008, 01:55 AM
First hour -- sucked.

Second hour -- awesome.

Thats why they played 2 episodes to start the season off. They knew episode one was going to be more of a introduction type deal. Then 2nd hour get into some good stuff.

kaplin42
09-23-2008, 09:41 AM
These people (Marlo and Bubbles and someone else), are they from the comics or did I miss something?

Basileus777
09-23-2008, 11:01 AM
These people (Marlo and Bubbles and someone else), are they from the comics or did I miss something?

They are characters from the HBO show the Wire. The actor that plays Marlo in the Wire plays the villain whose power is to spread fear (don't know his name) in Heroes.

Reaper16
09-23-2008, 02:28 PM
They are characters from the HBO show the Wire. The actor that plays Marlo in the Wire plays the villain whose power is to spread fear (don't know his name) in Heroes.
Even better: his power is that he gains tremendous strength from the fear of others.

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
And his other power is that he has minions with the power to make bodies disappear.

ZootedGranny
09-23-2008, 06:25 PM
"I know it sound crazy, but I ain't jokin...forreal Nathan Patrelli a zombie."
http://www.hbo.com/thewire/img/castcrew/character_season04/randy.jpg

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Peter ain't changin' 'em; he killin' 'em.

FAX
09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I missed a whole big chunk of the second hour. Does anyone know where one might be able to see the show on the internet?

FAX

ZootedGranny
09-23-2008, 07:46 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/36006/heroes-the-butterfly-effect

irishjayhawk
09-23-2008, 08:57 PM
This show has turned into a complete trainwreck, but I will continue to watch it just to simultaneously love it and hate it.

Kinda where I'm at.

Going in, show was at an 8 (of 10).
Hour 1: 2
Hour 2: 5

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2008, 09:17 PM
It's so retarded and awesome (and retardedly awesome), with a few characters I really like and so many actors I like from other things, that I feel compelled to keep watching.

Miles
09-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Well, there's an hour I'm going to have to spend going through the episode frame by frame.

I didn't notice him either. Wonder if he actually shows up next week with a special power that allows him to go upstairs?

Reaper16
09-24-2008, 01:01 AM
There are a lot of questions that season 3 hasn't begun to explain yet. I'm still holding out hope that it will be a large improvement on season 2. You can't judge one way or another based on two episodes.

BigRedChief
09-24-2008, 06:54 AM
That annoying Mexican gal from last year sure is one hot babe now. Yowza

The Rick
09-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Maybe it's because I was really tired, but I didn't quite grasp the whole Peter Petrelli/Level 5 Hispanic dude thing. What's the deal with that?

keg in kc
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Not doing it so far. It seems like they're getting more and more derivative (of comics and movies), and less original.

oaklandhater
09-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe it's because I was really tired, but I didn't quite grasp the whole Peter Petrelli/Level 5 Hispanic dude thing. What's the deal with that?

Peter from the future put present peter into the body of the lvl 5 dude

The Rick
09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Peter from the future put present peter into the body of the lvl 5 dude
OK, I can see that now. Thanks.

Baby Lee
09-25-2008, 06:27 AM
I didn't notice him either. Wonder if he actually shows up next week with a special power that allows him to go upstairs?

I'm enjoying my sobriety!!

FAX
09-25-2008, 07:48 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/36006/heroes-the-butterfly-effect

Thanks, Mr. ZootedGranny.

FAX

FAX
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Man, I'm telling you ... Mr. Redrum_69 can go ahead and have Peter's mom.

FAX

irishjayhawk
09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Are they going for all out comic book feel or are they going for some sort of realism?

irishjayhawk
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I went back and rewatched the premiere. I liked it a lot better. I still could do away with the spiritual aspects of it that make it want to be a LOST wannabe and I could still go for an answer to my question above, but the show itself was actually pretty good.

xbarretx
09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
yes, the speedster girl needs to die...

Linderman is an odd twist...

Angela talking to Syler was a odd.....

Hero still rocks and he needs to restab syler...

Noah is cool, where is the Hatian? (sp?)

kaplin42
09-29-2008, 10:38 AM
A budy of mine had an interesting thought.

What if Nikki isn't really Nikki, but her twin that she thought was dead. I mean we saw the real Nikki get blown up last season. This might explain the freezing power.

xbarretx
09-29-2008, 11:10 AM
A budy of mine had an interesting thought.

What if Nikki isn't really Nikki, but her twin that she thought was dead. I mean we saw the real Nikki get blown up last season. This might explain the freezing power.

but her sisters name was jessica. :shrug: who knows, the only thing i find annoying is the dumb fast blonde girl and the who "im sylers mom" thing......

per angelas dream the new nikki/jessica/gina is a villian anyways.

KevB
09-29-2008, 01:20 PM
I was disappointed that The Greatest American Hero had such a short stint....tough break guy.

"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air....never thought I could feel so freeeeeeee!"

Valiant
09-29-2008, 06:52 PM
yes, the speedster girl needs to die...

Linderman is an odd twist...

Angela talking to Syler was a odd.....

Hero still rocks and he needs to restab syler...

Noah is cool, where is the Hatian? (sp?)

That is because Sylar is Peter's twin brother..

HolmeZz
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Sylar's awesome.

irishjayhawk
09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Sylar's awesome.

Yep.

A great episode today. I'm back on board.

xbarretx
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Yep.

A great episode today. I'm back on board.

QFT i concur. however i SOOO MORE THAN EVER WANT THAT FRENCH GIRL TO DIE! shes only there b/c the someone got a case of writers block :cuss:

xbarretx
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM

ill take no more sass from you Val LMAO :p

Lzen
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Ugghh!! KSNT's HD broadcast was jacked. It kept breaking up. They went to SD for a bit and it was fine. But they went back to the HD and it was even worse. I DVRd this so I have no other option. They are back to the SD feed now with about 37 minutes to go, thank goodness. They better have kept it this way until the end or I will be pissed.

xbarretx
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I was disappointed that The Greatest American Hero had such a short stint....tough break guy.

"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air....never thought I could feel so freeeeeeee!"

that would have been a perfect spot for a RickRoll ... :shake: LMAO

xbarretx
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Ugghh!! KSNT's HD broadcast was jacked. It kept breaking up. They went to SD for a bit and it was fine. But they went back to the HD and it was even worse. I DVRd this so I have no other option. They are back to the SD feed now with about 37 minutes to go, thank goodness. They better have kept it this way until the end or I will be pissed.

Mojo HD shows it. dvr it on there and you might get lucky.

Lzen
09-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Mojo HD shows it. dvr it on there and you might get lucky.

Thanks but, what the Hell is Mojo HD?

Lzen
09-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Looks like if nothing else, G4 shows it on Tuesday at 9 pm and Wednesday at 4pm. Although my feed has been fine since about the 37 minutes mark. Looks like they got it fixed.

irishjayhawk
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Looks like if nothing else, G4 shows it on Tuesday at 9 pm and Wednesday at 4pm. Although my feed has been fine since about the 37 minutes mark. Looks like they got it fixed.

Hulu will probably have it tomorrow. Or you can torrent it.

Guru
09-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I sent them an email regarding the flaking HD feed this morning. No reply as yet though.

Reminded them that when WIBW had problems they at least updated viewers on their news and on the internet regarding the problem.

irishjayhawk
09-29-2008, 10:34 PM

That's the only story so far that I despise.

But...... I can live with it.

Just seemed so, umm, Star Wars-y

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2008, 04:48 AM
The first half of the episode was outstanding. The second half didn't quite live up to it, but it was still fun (and Ando got to be awesome!). I'm glad Marlo got away to eat people's fear another day.

But, um, couldn't Noah have just let the Haitian walk into the room, nullified Sylar's powers, and capped him? Then, you know, saw off his head, burn the body, give the ashes to the Haitian to wear in a little ashy locket; the usual?

No. The real answer is that he LIKES being part of a buddy cop duo and he's now too fond of Sylar to let him go!

irishjayhawk
09-30-2008, 10:02 AM
The first half of the episode was outstanding. The second half didn't quite live up to it, but it was still fun (and Ando got to be awesome!). I'm glad Marlo got away to eat people's fear another day.

But, um, couldn't Noah have just let the Haitian walk into the room, nullified Sylar's powers, and capped him? Then, you know, saw off his head, burn the body, give the ashes to the Haitian to wear in a little ashy locket; the usual?

No. The real answer is that he LIKES being part of a buddy cop duo and he's now too fond of Sylar to let him go!

Sylar can't die now, though. Or so it said.

HolmeZz
09-30-2008, 01:12 PM
That's the only story so far that I despise.

But...... I can live with it.

Eh, I'm not sold on Sylar being her real son just yet.

I kinda think Angela just told him that so he wouldn't harm her.

ZootedGranny
09-30-2008, 01:46 PM
So your plan is to lure HRG into a trap, knowing he rolls with The Haitian, the man that nullified your powers and helped put you in prison in the first place? What an absolutely brilliant scheme.

They build up these villains to be some true badasses, and they're all put back in jail within one episode...by two people who were also just in jail. HRG tries to destroy The Company, is put in jail, released, and back to working immediately. Sylar is hunted, put in jail, released and offered to be part of a buddy cop duo. "Well, I am a superpowerful, now immortal lunatic, but I guess I can do this for a minute, as I don't have any other plans right now."

Parkman's storyline has been, and will continue to be, absolute shit.

This show wouldn't miss a beat if half of these characters were magically killed off.

Lzen
09-30-2008, 02:11 PM

Heh, that didn't stop him from killing his mom in the first season.

Ultra Peanut
09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
This show wouldn't miss a beat if half of these characters were magically killed off.This would help.

irishjayhawk
09-30-2008, 05:14 PM

I hope so.

irishjayhawk
09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
So your plan is to lure HRG into a trap, knowing he rolls with The Haitian, the man that nullified your powers and helped put you in prison in the first place? What an absolutely brilliant scheme.

They build up these villains to be some true badasses, and they're all put back in jail within one episode...by two people who were also just in jail. HRG tries to destroy The Company, is put in jail, released, and back to working immediately. Sylar is hunted, put in jail, released and offered to be part of a buddy cop duo. "Well, I am a superpowerful, now immortal lunatic, but I guess I can do this for a minute, as I don't have any other plans right now."

Parkman's storyline has been, and will continue to be, absolute shit.

This show wouldn't miss a beat if half of these characters were magically killed off.

That's my main gripe right now. No one can die.

And agreed with a lot of what you said, but I liked the episode nonetheless.

Also, Parkman's storyline is stupid. I don't understand why they kill off Issac and then bring back the same ability in Africa.

Guru
09-30-2008, 05:42 PM

And agreed with a lot of what you said, but I liked the episode nonetheless.

Also, Parkman's storyline is stupid. I don't understand why they kill off Issac and then bring back the same ability in Africa.
Keep in mind, in Africa the ability is prompted by whatever is being listened to in the headphones.

xbarretx
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Keep in mind, in Africa the ability is prompted by whatever is being listened to in the headphones.

thats b/c batteries are easier to come by than "the smack" in Africa. :shrug: seriously though...

also you'd think someone would know that Hero and Ando ARENT VILLIANS.... LETS START A FREE HERO AND ANDO CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!! ROFL

irishjayhawk
09-30-2008, 08:23 PM

Which, in my opinion, makes it worse.

Don't get me wrong, I like the safari-man. But it's like the writers just don't know what they're doing.

KcMizzou
09-30-2008, 09:01 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like the safari-man. But it's like the writers just don't know what they're doing.As if they're "Lost"?

irishjayhawk
09-30-2008, 09:03 PM
As if they're "Lost"?

LOST writers did in fact get LOST in the third season only to recover with 4 eps remaining and then pull out of the nose dive and absolutely delivered an awesome season 4.

But yeah, right now I think they're LOST not because they don't know what to write but they dont' know the boundaries of their own world.

Guru
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like the safari-man. But it's like the writers just don't know what they're doing.
There are too many "heroes" in the series. That much is certain.

irishjayhawk
09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
There are too many "heroes" in the series. That much is certain.

The X-Men 3 fallacy. See also: Spider-Man 3.

Tribal Warfare
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin

Tribal Warfare
09-30-2008, 11:46 PM

a good way to solve this is that the transfusion is an one time thing, after that it acts like a parasite/ebola virus and destroys the body of the host.

Guru
10-01-2008, 12:09 AM

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin
Don't get me started on superhero movies.:cuss:

Ultra Peanut
10-01-2008, 01:03 AM
LOST writers did in fact get LOST in the third season only to recover with 4 eps remaining and then pull out of the nose dive and absolutely delivered an awesome season 4.

But yeah, right now I think they're LOST not because they don't know what to write but they dont' know the boundaries of their own world.I was very dubious about Lost a couple of years ago, but they've done an insanely good job of completely changing the show while making it somewhat sensible and completely awesome.

Heroes would definitely be better with less chaff.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
This show has completely lost me.

The first season started out slow but got better as the series progressed and save for the finale, I was beginning to care about the characters.

Season 2 was a major step backwards. Convoluted plots, stupid love-story, Nikki/Jessica Sanders, Micah, his cousin, blah, blah, blah. The show was saved by the WGA strike.

Season Three: We're gonna shake it up! Everyone can be a Hero! Evil Dr. Suresh, "Good" Sylar, lame story line for Hiro, another painter (as asked earlier - why kill Isaac?) and ease in which the "evil people" are captured.

And finally, if every freaking season is about "Saving The World", why bother? The show would be much better served in dumping the comedy, dumping the repetitive characters and story lines and base a story on something much smaller.

The rating are going in the tank and unless they quickly wrap up this plot line and move on to something more intimate and ultimately satisfying, this show isn't going to be on much longer.

xbarretx
10-01-2008, 03:10 PM

The first season started out slow but got better as the series progressed and save for the finale, I was beginning to care about the characters.

Season 2 was a major step backwards. Convoluted plots, stupid love-story, Nikki/Jessica Sanders, Micah, his cousin, blah, blah, blah. The show was saved by the WGA strike.

Season Three: We're gonna shake it up! Everyone can be a Hero! Evil Dr. Suresh, "Good" Sylar, lame story line for Hiro, another painter (as asked earlier - why kill Isaac?) and ease in which the "evil people" are captured.

And finally, if every freaking season is about "Saving The World", why bother? The show would be much better served in dumping the comedy, dumping the repetitive characters and story lines and base a story on something much smaller.

The rating are going in the tank and unless they quickly wrap up this plot line and move on to something more intimate and ultimately satisfying, this show isn't going to be on much longer.

I hear that so far season 3 was supposed to be the second half of season two thus if the beginning (first half ) of season 3 is good then it still follows the season 1 model. The change was due to the writers strike.

I still like the show, b/c there are some plot lines I find intriguing ... and the others I could care less about but nothings perfect :shrug: afterall, its not like they could just re-release "Manimal" ROFL LMAO

irishjayhawk
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM

I agree with everything here, yet I haven't lost yet. In fact, the last episode made me jump back on. :shrug:

I think the show has a lot going for it. I think it just needs to tighten. It's writers seem to have gone the way of Weeds, where they've got so many inconsistencies and too broad that they don't know what they're doing anymore and the show just "is".

Guru
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
They keep wanting to separate everyone just to bring them all back together again. Just let them be a team for crying out loud.

BigRedChief
10-03-2008, 06:44 AM
All the Heroes become villians and villians become heroes? Anemic plot twist and as old and dead as Liberman.

HolmeZz
10-06-2008, 07:20 PM
This future could be awesome or awesomely awful.

HolmeZz
10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Uh, Peter should have Sylar's ability just from coming into contact with him.

Valiant
10-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Uh, Peter should have Sylar's ability just from coming into contact with him.

He has to figure out how to learn the abilities though..

Like how he was going to blow up because he did not know how to control the nuke ability when he got mad..

Valiant
10-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I am actually loving this season so far after the last two episodes.. Feels like a comic book..

irishjayhawk
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
This future could be awesome or awesomely awful.

I am actually loving this season so far after the last two episodes.. Feels like a comic book..

I'm back to not knowing whether I like it or not.

I think it's getting a little too ambitious/expansive for it's own good.

Guru
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Great ep. Finally some direction. Though I am getting tired of the "save the world" line.

Tribal Warfare
10-06-2008, 11:18 PM

Peter's gonna F*CK shit up :rockon:

Buck
10-06-2008, 11:25 PM
This episode was better than every single episode in season 2

Saulbadguy
10-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Why do people complain so much about TV shows, I mean really?

HolmeZz
10-07-2008, 01:04 PM
I kinda like the complex of Peter becoming too powerful(Sylar-like) and not knowing how to handle it.

Reaper16
10-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I kinda like the complex of Peter becoming too powerful(Sylar-like) and not knowing how to handle it.
I hope that this means that one of the two ultra-Heores, Peter and Sylar, will be killed off by the end of this season. I'd prefer it if Peter died and Sylar lived on as a good guy. Two super-mega-Heroes is a little much for the show.

Guru
10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I hope that this means that one of the two ultra-Heores, Peter and Sylar, will be killed off by the end of this season. I'd prefer it if Peter died and Sylar lived on as a good guy. Two super-mega-Heroes is a little much for the show.Agreed on both accounts. I like Silar better as well.

irishjayhawk
10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope that this means that one of the two ultra-Heores, Peter and Sylar, will be killed off by the end of this season. I'd prefer it if Peter died and Sylar lived on as a good guy. Two super-mega-Heroes is a little much for the show.

Frankly, there's too many characters and storylines to adequately get to all of them.

This one is a big one and I'm still not sure I really like the Lucas-esque "they're brothers, dun dun duh" twist.

Guru
10-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Frankly, there's too many characters and storylines to adequately get to all of them.

This one is a big one and I'm still not sure I really like the Lucas-esque "they're brothers, dun dun duh" twist.

The twist is really that they are not. Of course I am just throwing that out there to see if it will stick. heh

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Triplets?

Triplets?

Seriously, I have NO idea how the producers and creator/director of this show thought this would fly.

They REALLY should have focused on a smaller event; like "24" and "Batman". Good versus evil on a much smaller scale.

Instead, it's too big of a scale with too many characters, too many disjointed sub-plots and no focus.

And have I mentioned that the music SUCKS? Absolutely sucks? Always has?

Horrible score. Horrible.

Guru
10-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Triplets?

Triplets?

Seriously, I have NO idea how the producers and creator/director of this show thought this would fly.

They REALLY should have focused on a smaller event; like "24" and "Batman". Good versus evil on a much smaller scale.

Instead, it's too big of a scale with too many characters, too many disjointed sub-plots and no focus.

Theres music? Guess it does suck because I never even notice its there. heh

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Agreed on both accounts. I like Silar better as well.

Me, too.

Out of all the "twists", using Sylar more often (and the talents of Zach Quinto) was absolutely the best decision they've made so far.

It's too bad it's been outweighed by all the other poor decisions.

Guru
10-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Me, too.

Out of all the "twists", using Sylar more often (and the talents of Zach Quinto) was absolutely the best decision they've made so far.

It's too bad it's been outweighed by all the other poor decisions.

I found it interesting how they had him emulating HRG in the future.

Silock
10-08-2008, 01:18 AM
I gotta agree with Dane. This show is sucking badly.

Guru
10-08-2008, 01:21 AM
I gotta agree with Dane. This show is sucking badly.

Nah, I won't go that far. It keeps me entertained so far this year. The last ep being the best. I don't like the Nikki/Jessica/whatever her name is now twist though. If a character dies let them die. Quit looking for ways to bring them back.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 01:21 AM
I found it interesting how they had him emulating HRG in the future.

And his son was "Noah".

With all due respect my friend, I found it more predictable than interesting.

You'd think that with all the time available due to the writer's strike and with the infinite possibilities with a new super-hero universe, the writers and creator/director could surpass typical prime-time cliches.

It's more disappointing than anything.

Silock
10-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Nah, I won't go that far. It keeps me entertained so far this year. The last ep being the best. I don't like the Nikki/Jessica/whatever her name is now twist though. If a character dies let them die. Quit looking for ways to bring them back.

I guess I can agree with that. Giving Peter Sylar's power was stupid, Nikki needs to go, and Hiro needs to stop being a bitch.

Guru
10-08-2008, 01:23 AM
And his son was "Noah".

With all due respect my friend, I found it more predictable than interesting.

You'd think that will all this time due to the writer's strike and with the infinite possibilities with a new super-hero universe, the writers and creator/director could surpass typical prime-time cliches.

It's more disappointing than anything.

I can see that point of view. I definitely agree that they need to scale it down. Earlier in the thread I stated my displeasure with the continued "save the world" theme they keep going back to. There is nothing wrong with keeping things small.

It still bugs me that they have to separate all the heroes each season as well. Just to bring them back together at the end.

Guru
10-08-2008, 01:25 AM
I guess I can agree with that. Giving Peter Sylar's power was stupid, Nikki needs to go, and Hiro needs to stop being a bitch.

Giving Peter Sylar's power scares the hell out of me because it makes me think they will now find a way to kill off Sylar. Of course, they would probably just bring him back to life again.:shake:

Hiro has tons of potential and goes nowhere.

Silock
10-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Giving Peter Sylar's power scares the hell out of me because it makes me think they will now find a way to kill off Sylar. Of course, they would probably just bring him back to life again.:shake:

I just think it's stupid. Because now they're virtually identical and they're both nearly invincible.

Too Cain and Abel for my tastes.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 01:30 AM
I just think it's stupid. Because now they're virtually identical and they're both nearly invincible.

Too Cain and Abel for my tastes.

Or Wonder Twins.

Silock
10-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Or Wonder Twins.

Or Ace and Gary.

Guru
10-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Or Wonder Twins.

ROFL

irishjayhawk
10-08-2008, 09:03 AM

That's what's getting me.

The brothers twist was bad enough but triplets? ROFLROFLROFLROFL

irishjayhawk
10-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Triplets?

Triplets?

Pretty much agree on all counts, except I continue to watch. :)

KevB
10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
The problem for me is that when you introduce time travel, and superpowers for every character....nothing that happens carries any weight. Character X got shot and killed? Shocking! Except not really, because either he has power to heal himself, or someone can go back to the past and "change" the events that lead to Character X's death. Bottom line, it turns into The Days of Our Lives, because nothing is ever real. I've just about checked out on this show, and I'm very disappointed.

Valiant
10-08-2008, 11:22 AM

I am glad the annoying bitch that was Micah's cousin is not there this season.. I was wanting her dead after one episode..

Valiant
10-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Which makes me wonder.. When Sylar took Claires power, he said he is like her now and cannot die.. Well Peter should have that power also?? So how the fuck did his future self die then??

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Which makes me wonder.. When Sylar took Claires power, he said he is like her now and cannot die.. Well Peter should have that power also?? So how the fuck did his future self die then??

Eggzactly.

That made no sense.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Pretty much agree on all counts, except I continue to watch. :)

I'll watch as long as my wife watches it. She's been into it since the beginning but they're starting to lose her as well.

It's sad because the show really started out with a strong concept in season one.

I guess it just goes to show how difficult it is to sustain any television show on a weekly basis for years on end.

Silock
10-08-2008, 02:12 PM

The Haitian was there. Suppressed Peter's powers, and boom... dead Peter.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 02:16 PM

But if Peter's immortal, once the Haitian left, shouldn't Peter storm back to life?

xbarretx
10-08-2008, 02:17 PM

but once he leaves.... and when and if the bullet is removed....shouldnt he heal?

xbarretx
10-08-2008, 02:19 PM

im jsut glad i got to see that speedy blonde girl die in the future .... i F'n HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper16
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
but once he leaves.... and when and if the bullet is removed....shouldnt he heal?
Yes, once the bullet is removed, Future Peter would then heal.

Buck
10-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes, once the bullet is removed, Future Peter would then heal.

Don't be so quick to assume.

Who knows what could have happened in the last 4 years to prevent that from happening.

KcMizzou
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't be so quick to assume.

Who knows what could have happened in the last 4 years to prevent that from happening.Things like that are exactly why all this stupid time-hopping sucks.

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2008, 02:56 AM

and that's who past peter will try to kill with Sylar's abilities once he's knocked out and his skull is cracked open.

irishjayhawk
10-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Things like that are exactly why all this stupid time-hopping sucks.

It's fine if you do it like LOST where it's few and far between, the rules are established, and not all your characters show up and interact in both worlds.

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Hiro WTMF

$40 says he goes back in time and brings the past Ando to the future.

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 07:52 PM
And Sylar's gonna kill HRG. He has super hearing and could hear what Noah was saying to Canfield.

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 08:00 PM
That episode was pretty awesome. This season's gotten crazy.

Third Eye
10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
And Sylar's gonna kill HRG. He has super hearing and could hear what Noah was saying to Canfield.
I don't think he has super hearing, I just think he isn't stupid enough to not figure out what was going on.

Valiant
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't think he has super hearing, I just think he isn't stupid enough to not figure out what was going on.

He got superhearing from the lady mechanic..

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 10:01 PM

He has superhearing. That's how he knew Noah was talking about him.

Guru
10-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Hiro WTMF

But then Hiro never fools the bad guys if he does that because it never happened. God I hate time travel stories.

Third Eye
10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
He got superhearing from the lady mechanic..

Forgot about that. Even without it, you would have to be pretty dimwitted not to figure out what was going on.

HolmeZz
10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Forgot about that. Even without it, you would have to be pretty dimwitted not to figure out what was going on.

Noah clearly thought he was being quiet enough. He wouldn't have yelled that so Sylar could hear.

Third Eye
10-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Noah clearly thought he was being quiet enough. He wouldn't have yelled that so Sylar could hear.

I'm merely saying that if you saw a group of 3 people, 2 of which hate you, are having an intense discussion while repeatedly glancing at you nervously, I would hope that you could put 2 and 2 together.

Silock
10-14-2008, 02:51 AM
That episode was pretty awesome. This season's gotten crazy.

That episode was definitely the best of the season.

I'm still not thrilled with Hiro's storyline so far. Nor Claire's, for that matter.

Guru
10-14-2008, 02:54 AM
That episode was definitely the best of the season.

I'm still not thrilled with Hiro's storyline so far. Nor Claire's, for that matter.I am getting to where I wish they would just kill off Hiro.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-14-2008, 07:11 AM
The puppet master looks like a cool character

xbarretx
10-14-2008, 10:29 AM
The puppet master looks like a cool character

could be but i doubt hes in it for the long haul. Matt's dad is rather annoying though.

Now i have to worry about Syler (gabriel) trying to kill or get back at Noah ... :cuss: they better not kill him off....again!

irishjayhawk
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm apparently in the minority. I thought the episode was entertaining but I'll be damned if things aren't predictable. I contend people thought it was the best episode yet because it was non-stop action and "twists" and the fact that it finally reigned in the story a bit. However:

The ending wasn't a cliff hanger. Hiro stabbing Ando was predictable. Claire is a dumbass bitch (who, I might add, can't act). Suresh's story line is just absurd. Parkman is non-existent. Adam Monroe is pointless. Mrs. Patrelli acts all powerful but is just owned by Mr. Patrelli. No one can die. Characters are just brothers or triplets. Two halves of one family are fighting against each other. Characters right and left - some cool, some lame. No character development.

In fact, the only good story line left in the show is the HRG-Sylar story line and that's because those are the only two actors left caring.

ragedogg69
10-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Two halves of one family are fighting against each other.

I agree with everything you said. Having the horrible time traveling logic kills Hiro's storyline for me. And having no one able to really die pisses me off to no end.

However, the only thing that saved me from canceling my Season pass was the fact that its seems we are getting the family split that could end up with one epic fucking battle for the rest of the season.

I am positive that the problem is Tim Krang and all of writers have all these awesome ideas but they just arnt smart enough to execute them. With them simplifying the plot, we may just get our coherent show back.

noa
10-14-2008, 10:49 PM
I liked the episode because Max Cherry and Bubbles were in it.

kaplin42
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Hiro WTMF

Or Hiro travels back in time, and explains what he is going to do to Ando, and they set up some sort of blood pack, or Ketchup to make it look like Ando really got stabbed, but didnt.

xbarretx
10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Or Hiro travels back in time, and explains what he is going to do to Ando, and they set up some sort of blood pack, or Ketchup to make it look like Ando really got stabbed, but didnt.

OR..... he stopped time, got some blood from Adam and gave some to Ando an I.V. or it under his longsleeves thus allowing him to heal ...

kaplin42
10-16-2008, 03:34 PM
OR..... he stopped time, got some blood form Adam and gave some to Ando an I.V. or it under his longsleeves thus allowing him to heal ...

Genius!

You should write for the show.

xbarretx
10-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Genius!

You should write for the show.

Well if that was the case.. The show would either go one of two ways as i would get rid of the unnecessary characters thus...

#1 the show becomes only 30 minutes long.

or

#2 the show allows for adequate stories for the remaining characters instead of watching a sitcom that’s on ADHD.

kaplin42
10-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Well if that was the case.. The show would either go one of two ways as i would get rid of the unnecessary characters thus...

#1 the show becomes only 30 minutes long.

or

#2 the show allows for adequate stories for the remaining characters instead of watching a sitcom thatís on ADHD.

Will Claire be running around in more tight leather outfits? If so I vote for the thinning of the herd, with at least a solid half hour of each show dedicated to her.

pr_capone
10-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Or Ace and Gary.

ambiguously gay rep

xbarretx
10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Will Claire be running around in more tight leather outfits? If so I vote for the thinning of the herd, with at least a solid half hour of each show dedicated to her.

she will but only b/c she realized that b/c she heals so fast ... that she can hoe herself out and not have to worry about making the guys tie a 2x4 to there a$$ to stop them from falling in.

HolmeZz
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Hoooooooooooooly shit.

xbarretx
10-20-2008, 09:33 PM
ok, thanks to peter, nathan, and sylers....dad.... i havea huge paradox in my brian.

#1 Why the F*** did future peter want present peter to get sylers power !????!!?? what good is that?

#2 if his dad did that... How the F*** did future peter have his powers??????

what the heck is all i can say.

Guru
10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
ok, thanks to peter, nathan, and sylers....dad.... i havea huge paradox in my brian.

#1 Why the F*** did future peter want present peter to get sylers power !????!!?? what good is that?

#2 if his dad did that... How the F*** did future peter have his powers??????

what the heck is all i can say.

1. He had to learn how to use Sylar's power. Maybe that is the key to how to get his powers back.

2. Well, when present peter first met future peter that future hadn't happened yet. This is why time travel sucks. too many paradoxes.

Tribal Warfare
10-21-2008, 12:02 AM
1. He had to learn how to use Sylar's power. Maybe that is the key to how to get his powers back.

Which would also justify that future Peter is being demonized as a murderer in the future

Silock
10-21-2008, 02:49 AM
I'm done trying to figure this show out, but at least this episode was highly entertaining.

xbarretx
10-21-2008, 09:05 AM
yeah Sil, its probably best.

i just dotn like how the people who are supposed to be BA's can be taken back to 0 at the drop of a hat. remember Syler lost his powers, then got them back pretty fast for example.

irishjayhawk
10-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm done trying to figure this show out, but at least this episode was highly entertaining.

Yep.

This show is the anti-LOST. You don't figure anything out not because there's too many questions but because each question or answer is itself a paradox.

Entertaining but retarded.

Psyko Tek
10-23-2008, 05:14 PM
hokay try this

the skylar thing

She is his mom but he and peter, and nathan have a different father

My money is on HRG

Nathan can become my hero by nailing all three of the Jessica triplets

Peter defeats his father by learning his power

think it has something to do when his future self "hid" him in the bad guy

The Fly, I mean Suresh, just needs to go

I miss the hot latina chick

And remember the Irish chick from last season that went to the "hell" future with peter

I wanna see her get powers and come back to kick peter's narow ass for leaving her there

xbarretx
10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
hokay try this

the skylar thing

She is his mom but he and peter, and nathan have a different father

My money is on HRG

Nathan can become my hero by nailing all three of the Jessica triplets

Peter defeats his father by learning his power

think it has something to do when his future self "hid" him in the bad guy

The Fly, I mean Suresh, just needs to go

I miss the hot latina chick

And remember the Irish chick from last season that went to the "hell" future with peter

I wanna see her get powers and come back to kick peter's narow ass for leaving her there

i agree with the Noah possibility.

and i agree with .... well all of it.. but Syler i just hope he stays alive.. i love him as a good guy

yeah suresh is old, i bet they find a way to take away his powers or correct itand make him good again... :cuss:

xbarretx
10-27-2008, 08:10 PM
i liked the episode! i REALLY want Peter to get his powers back!!!!

irishjayhawk
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Just getting more ridiculous.

ragedogg69
10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Just getting more ridiculous.

I concur.

Too many fake deaths, double crosses and filler. I am now just watching the "previously on Heroes" summery at the end of my Chuck recordings to follow this convoluted plot.

Valiant
10-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Sylar's mother gave him the one girls powers to look into someones past.. I think this was a precursor so he could see the truth when his dad tried to tell him that his mom is a lying bitch.. Because he should have been able to see her trying to drown him..

This is why Sylar saved peters life..

Fish
10-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Sylar/Peter is the only plot line keeping me interested here....

How did this show spin out of control so quickly?

DaneMcCloud
10-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Sylar/Peter is the only plot line keeping me interested here....

How did this show spin out of control so quickly?

Did you ever watch Crossing Jordan, Tim Kring's other show on NBC?

There's your answer.

Unfortunately, Kring lucked into a phenomenon in season one that even he didn't understand. All he's done since is mess it up because he doesn't know what to do with it and frankly, he's the wrong person to be heading this show.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-29-2008, 07:07 PM
This show blows now

MIAdragon
11-03-2008, 05:52 PM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=61856

Heroes Producers Fired

NBC's Heroes fired co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb, who had been with the show since its first season, on Nov. 2 in a surprise shakeup, Variety reported.

The two were known to have led the day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/executive producer Tim Kring, the trade paper reported.

Heroes has struggled in the ratings in its third season. It's understood that Alexander and Loeb were let go because of the network's frustration with the creative direction of the show, the trade paper reported. The show is also said to have been grappling with hefty budget overruns this season, which are going well beyond its already sizable $4 million per-episode price tag.

Representatives for NBC and Universal Media Studios, which produces the show, declined to comment to Variety. (NBC and Universal Media are owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)

Buck
11-03-2008, 05:54 PM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=61856

Heroes Producers Fired

NBC's Heroes fired co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb, who had been with the show since its first season, on Nov. 2 in a surprise shakeup, Variety reported.

The two were known to have led the day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/executive producer Tim Kring, the trade paper reported.

Heroes has struggled in the ratings in its third season. It's understood that Alexander and Loeb were let go because of the network's frustration with the creative direction of the show, the trade paper reported. The show is also said to have been grappling with hefty budget overruns this season, which are going well beyond its already sizable $4 million per-episode price tag.

Representatives for NBC and Universal Media Studios, which produces the show, declined to comment to Variety. (NBC and Universal Media are owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)

They fired Jeph Loeb?

Fuck, this show is done for.

BCD
11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
This season has lost me.

irishjayhawk
11-03-2008, 06:38 PM
They fired the wrong people. Kring has to go. He can keep the creator thing but jebus he ruins shows.

Delano
11-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I've got two unwatched episodes on my DVR and I think I'll go ahead and delete them.

Blech..

MIAdragon
11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I've got two unwatched episodes on my DVR and I think I'll go ahead and delete them.

Blech..

The last few have not been all that bad.

BigRedChief
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Whoever decided to make heros villians and villians heroes needs to be fired and the story line reversed.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Whoever decided to make heros villians and villians heroes needs to be fired and the story line reversed.

I think they just were...

Guru
11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
They need to quit separating the Heroes each year just to bring them all back together. Just keep them working together the entire season. They don't each need to have their own personal storyline.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
They need to quit separating the Heroes each year just to bring them all back together. Just keep them working together the entire season. They don't each need to have their own personal storyline.

There are so many problems with this show that I fully expect it to be canceled by May.

The new team needs to have an amazing concept and fully realize it quickly or it's buh-bye.

irishjayhawk
11-04-2008, 11:28 PM
There are so many problems with this show that I fully expect it to be canceled by May.

The new team needs to have an amazing concept and fully realize it quickly or it's buh-bye.

Truth be told, I thought it was going down hill when Heroes: Origins was cancelled. The talent they had lined up for that....

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Truth be told, I thought it was going down hill when Heroes: Origins was cancelled. The talent they had lined up for that....

NBC doesn't know what they're doing, period.

There's all kinds of rumors floating around town.

For me, I can't believe a show like Kath & Kim is on the air while "Journeyman" was canceled.

Most of these decisions just don't make sense from an outsider's view.

It's all brokered deals and quid pro quo.

It makes me sick.

Guru
11-05-2008, 02:15 AM

For me, I can't believe a show like Kath & Kim is on the air while "Journeyman" was canceled.

It makes me sick.

Journeyman was outstanding. Was pissed when they canceled that.

DaneMcCloud
11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Journeyman was outstanding. Was pissed when they canceled that.

Yep.

Well written, well acted and well produced.

Stupid cancellation on NBC's part.

Silock
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Quantum Le, er, Journeyman.

xbarretx
11-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Quantum Le, er, Journeyman.

quantum leap rocked (well the earlier seasons that is...)

any new thoughts on what could happen next week or when will peter get his powers back and when will Hero get his mind back?

Fruit Ninja
11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I havent even watched the last 2 episodes of Heroes. I am losing interest fast in this show.

Baby Lee
11-17-2008, 04:22 PM

It makes me sick.

Though I do prefer Journeyman, I've already admitted [in some 'admissions of lameness' thread] and stand by enjoying Kath and Kim. It's a trashy mess, but a funny trashy mess. The casual consumerism, the blithe optimism, the awesomeness that is John Michael Higgins, it's light entertainment, but entertaining nonetheless.

Guru
11-17-2008, 11:21 PM
God this show is quickly going down the shitter.

Reaper16
11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
So the new eclipse is going to take everyone's powers away?

The question then becomes: Why should anyone care about these characters, then?

The answer is, most likely, that there is no reason to care.

Guru
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM

two total eclipses in one years time in America as well. So when is the third total eclipse and when will scientists on the show start screaming the end of the world.

HolmeZz
11-18-2008, 12:16 AM
two total eclipses in one years time in America as well. So when is the third total eclipse and when will scientists on the show start screaming the end of the world.

I believe it's two eclipses over the course of two years.

The only unexplained thing is that they show an eclipse in the first episode, which I think they probably regret doing now. The 'real' eclipse had taken place six months earlier I believe. I have no idea where they're going with it.

Guru
11-18-2008, 12:29 AM
I believe it's two eclipses over the course of two years.

The only unexplained thing is that they show an eclipse in the first episode, which I think they probably regret doing now. The 'real' eclipse had taken place six months earlier I believe. I have no idea where they're going with it. Either way. It's a dumb storyline to have it revolve around eclipses like this. Hell, our next total eclipse in America is still 4 years away. How often do you have two total eclipses in 18 months?

DaneMcCloud
11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
God this show is quickly going down the shitter.

It went down hill after season one and it hasn't stopped.

It's freaking Falcon Crest at this point.

Guru
11-18-2008, 01:36 AM

It's freaking Falcon Crest at this point.Holy crap. Now there is a show we didn't need to be reminded of. ROFL

irishjayhawk
11-18-2008, 11:57 AM

It's freaking Falcon Crest at this point.

Yep. I had to DVR the "before they were heroes" episode and never ended up watching it. Just fell out.

And Season 1 was sooooo good.

Guru
11-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Yep. I had to DVR the "before they were heroes" episode and never ended up watching it. Just fell out.

And Season 1 was sooooo good.

Until the blew it on the final episode with the lame build up to nothing.

irishjayhawk
11-18-2008, 03:17 PM

Fair point. Their finale left things to be desired. That said, still a very good season of television all things considered.

Guru
11-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Fair point. Their finale left things to be desired. That said, still a very good season of television all things considered.It was a great season. I loved it. They really pissed me off with that finale though. All that build up and nada.

KCChiefsMan
11-18-2008, 04:05 PM
ya this show is losing it. Just watched "It's Coming"

blah, they will probably just bring in some new hero who can fly into outer space and stop the eclipse

Psyko Tek
11-18-2008, 04:05 PM

my guess
they lose their powers only during the eclispe
suress notices this and figures out how the eclispe affects the powers
and can then give anybody powers

or they find out sylar is really hiro's cousin

Reaper16
11-18-2008, 09:04 PM
The ending was great. That brother to brother moment was superb. It was the perfect way to end the series.

Guru
11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
The ending was great. That brother to brother moment was superb. It was the perfect way to end the series.

:clap:ROFL

ragedogg69
11-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Not sure if anyone saw this but this was draw dropping.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/931/931067p1.html

Jesus, they have no idea what they are doing. Glad I stopped watching 2 episodes ago. :)

HolmeZz
11-20-2008, 11:57 AM

I believe the word you were looking for is 'jaw'.

Draw dropping is something different entirely.

xbarretx
11-20-2008, 12:08 PM

maybe he was distracted by his avatar giving himself the old "hows ya father"?

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2008, 12:18 PM

http://tv.ign.com/articles/931/931067p1.html

Jesus, they have no idea what they are doing. Glad I stopped watching 2 episodes ago. :)

That article is spot on and I hope they move in that direction (self-contained episodes).

"Saving the World" each season has become extremely boring, especially when the "payoffs" have been so weak.

Guru
11-20-2008, 03:20 PM
That article is spot on and I hope they move in that direction (self-contained episodes).

"Saving the World" each season has become extremely boring, especially when the "payoffs" have been so weak.As much as I love a week to week storyline like Lost and 24 i do think it is what is killing Heroes.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2008, 07:26 PM
As much as I love a week to week storyline like Lost and 24 i do think it is what is killing Heroes.

Honestly, you need some very special and talented writers to have a successful serialized fantasy/science fiction series, especially without a large volume "source material" in which to draw.

X-Files was at its worst when they focused too much on the "alien colonization" storyline. It was best when that was interspersed with unrelated episodes, thus proving that serializing fantasy/fiction is an incredibly difficult path for a television series.

ragedogg69
11-20-2008, 07:36 PM

ah quite correct sir. the spell check didnt catch that.

My shock was from how the shows are conceived. Each writer gets a character? No wonder this is such a train wreck. They are in way over their head.

Reaper16
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Shark-jump initiated.

Guru
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Shark-jump initiated.ROFL I actually like them better without the powers.

Guru
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Where exactly are Peter and nathan right now? Would the eclipse even be total in both locations?

Tribal Warfare
11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Where exactly are Peter and nathan right now?

Haiti, they were looking for the Haitian's village.

Guru
11-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Haiti, they were looking for the Haitian's village.That was my assumption but I didnt' want to just assume it.

BigRedChief
12-01-2008, 07:04 AM
I like the direction of the show the last couple of episodes. That heroes are villians and villians are heroes was pathetic. Maybe they can get back on track like lost did?

Reaper16
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I just saw a good scene in Heroes again. What is going on?

BigRedChief
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I just saw a good scene in Heroes again. What is going on?
Best episode since season 1

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Best episode since season 1

I have question, okay if the Eclipse took away their powers would and Peter's were taken away wouldn't his powers comeback because of his genetic composition?

Guru
12-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I have question, okay if the Eclipse took away their powers would and Peter's were taken away wouldn't his powers comeback because of his genetic composition?I was wondering the same. Guess not though. Whatever IT is that his father takes, literally takes it away permanently. Or, he just doesn't realize he has them back yet.

The hot Brazilian chick didn't seem to have hers back either.

Tribal Warfare
12-02-2008, 12:20 AM
I was wondering the same. Guess not though. Whatever IT is that his father takes, literally takes it away permanently. Or, he just doesn't realize he has them back yet.

I was wondering what was the point of learning Sylar's power as it was supposedly going to help him bu then his dad took away his powers. I'm also starting to believe in the Terminator theory that destiny can't be changed since the future always looks like it's going to become a rotting shithole( which is why it's interesting that Peter had to meet the future Sylar to save the present/future as a backup plan.)

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Fucking dumbest story arc in the history of television.

Apparently, the eclipse lasted what, 2 hours? Are you kidding me?

Besides that, the eclipse apparently didn't take into account the curvature of the Earth or it's angle towards the sun.

Besides THAT, the whole story was a rehash.

Waste. Of. Time.

Guru
12-02-2008, 12:27 AM
****ing dumbest story arc in the history of television.

Apparently, the eclipse lasted what, 2 hours? Are you kidding me?

Besides that, the eclipse apparently didn't take into account the curvature of the Earth or it's angle towards the sun.

Besides THAT, the whole story was a rehash.

Waste. Of. Time.Isn't it cool how it was a total eclipse in different regions of the world.:doh!:

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Isn't it cool how it was a total eclipse in different regions of the world.:doh!:

Horrible, horrible, horrible writing.

And "Journeyman" was canceled. :shake:

Guru
12-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Horrible, horrible, horrible writing.

And "Journeyman" was canceled. :shake:don't get me started damnit.:cuss:

oaklandhater
12-08-2008, 11:27 PM
lol no one posted anything about tonights ep

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2008, 03:18 AM

The only person left standing with omnipotent abilities is Sylar, and now they are creating super soldies too.

BigRedChief
12-09-2008, 06:28 AM
I watched it but the damn DVR cut off the last mintue or two.

Last thing I saw was Skylar walking out after killing the old man and the soldier getting calm after the injection.

What happeneded next?

Hydrae
12-09-2008, 07:48 PM

Last thing I saw was Skylar walking out after killing the old man and the soldier getting calm after the injection.

What happeneded next?

The soldier tore his chair out of the floor and threw it through the window and embedded it in the wall. He then told Nathan he felt fine. :D

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM

What happeneded next?

yeah, you have to set it to end 1 minute late. That's what I have to do

Ultra Peanut
12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
So hey, should I watch the last five episodes consecutively to catch up or will I collapse halfway through and start bleeding from my nose, eyes, and ears?

Silock
12-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I liked them.

Ultra Peanut
12-10-2008, 12:20 AM
I would have trusted Arshavin's opinion, but

Tribal Warfare
12-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I would have trusted Arshavin's opinion, but

Let's just say they are whiping the slate clean with the allocated super powers.

Guru
12-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Can the Haitian only control one person's abilities at a time? I don't remember the facts behind his ability. Trying to understand how Sylar was able to stop the bullet with Haitian in the room.\

also, Sylar didn't want the Haitians ability? Why?

KcMizzou
12-10-2008, 07:13 PM
also, Sylar didn't want the Haitians ability? Why?I haven't followed the series for a while, but I'd think since his power is to negate powers, Sylar would lose everything else.

Reminds me of the Xanth series by Peirs Anthony.

Fish
12-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Can the Haitian only control one person's abilities at a time? I don't remember the facts behind his ability. Trying to understand how Sylar was able to stop the bullet with Haitian in the room.\

also, Sylar didn't want the Haitians ability? Why?

I thought the Haitian was weakened from negating Mr. Petrelli's powers? They showed him getting weak and telling Peter to hurry up and shoot. Then he fell over right? I just assumed that the Haitian lost it and couldn't negate anybody's powers at that point. Which was rather odd, as they'd never previously indicated that the Haitian had to exert any energy to do his negate power business... not that I remember..

Guru
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I thought the Haitian was weakened from negating Mr. Petrelli's powers? They showed him getting weak and telling Peter to hurry up and shoot. Then he fell over right? I just assumed that the Haitian lost it and couldn't negate anybody's powers at that point. Which was rather odd, as they'd never previously indicated that the Haitian had to exert any energy to do his negate power business... not that I remember..

I guess I am confused as to what Peter's fathers abilities are then. When Sylar stopped the bullet and Haitian lost control, shouldn't father patrelli be able to sweep everyone away? There is no way he should have been beaten so easily.

Fish
12-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I guess I am confused as to what Peter's fathers abilities are then. When Sylar stopped the bullet and Haitian lost control, shouldn't father patrelli be able to sweep everyone away? There is no way he should have been beaten so easily.

Tis a very good point. He should have been able to time travel out of there or something. I'm more confused than ever.....