PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Obama and Clintons' Economic strategists together

Carlota69
09-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Watching CNN right now and Obama is on with Clintons' former Economic team, standing with him. Interesting.

Is this Obama saying I will have Clintons' economic team on my team?:hmmm:

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Watching CNN right now and Obama is on with Clintons' former Economic team, standing with him. Interesting.

Wow, that is some serious and original change. :doh!:

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2008, 02:57 PM
He's had quite a few Clinton advisors with him for a while now.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhPxSm9Es0w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rhPxSm9Es0w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, that is some serious and original change. :doh!:Yes, because the Clinton years were terrible for our economy.

Carlota69
09-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, that is some serious and original change. :doh!:

Do you think Clintons economic team from the 90's did a bad job?

tiptap
09-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Don't both parties owe the public a demonstration of what each side sees as real engagement in the countries problem.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Do you think Clintons economic team from the 90's did a bad job?

Nope. But if the country needed a Clintons redo they should have had the brains to put them back into office. :doh!:

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Nope. But if the country needed a Clintons redo they should have had the brains to put them back into office. :doh!:

Talk about cult of personality! Actually policy means nothing to you does it?

Carlota69
09-19-2008, 03:16 PM

Well, can't say I disagree with you there. However, the milk is spilt, so I'm personally glad Obama is getting this brain trust together.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Talk about cult of personality! Actually policy means nothing to you does it?

Actually, voting for the people actually responsible FOR the policy to run the policy is alot less cult of personality than supporting some empty suit SUBSTITUTE who seeks to emulate it. :doh!:

Calcountry
09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I wonder if he is going to lean on Jamie Gurelic very much?

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I wonder if he is going to lean on Jamie Gurelic very much?

Maybe Monica is available for an internship. ;)

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Actually, voting for the people actually responsible FOR the policy to run the policy is alot less cult of personality than supporting some empty suit SUBSTITUTE who seeks to emulate it. :doh!:Yes, yes. Inadequate black male. We get it.

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 03:22 PM

Is that why before the primaries you said you wanted anybody but Hillary Clinton to win the Democratic Nomination?

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes, yes. Inadequate black male. We get it.

http://www.jewelryart.org/racecard.jpg

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Is that why before the primaries you said you wanted anybody but Hillary Clinton to win the Democratic Nomination?

Yeah, almost two years ago I said I would not want Hillary Clinton. If you would have told me THEN the DEMS would have selected the least experienced, tested, and qualified candidate as their nominee then I would have quit the party at that time vs. wasting two more years supporting them.

But alas, I should have counted on them on doing the wrong thing for the right reasons...it's their MO.

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Yeah, almost two years ago I said I would not want Hillary Clinton. If you would have told me THEN the DEMS would have selected the least experienced, tested, and qualified candidate as their nominee then I would have quit the party at that time vs. wasting two more years supporting them.

What were Obama's experiences and qualifications when you said you wanted him to be President if Gore didn't run in 2008?

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Actually, voting for the people actually responsible FOR the policy to run the policy is alot less cult of personality than supporting some empty suit SUBSTITUTE who seeks to emulate it. :doh!:
ROFL

Bill Clinton wasn't running in this election.

Oh wait, Hillary Clinton built the 90's economy and Laura Bush destroyed it in the last 8 years.

Got it.

penchief
09-19-2008, 03:32 PM

But alas, I should have counted on them on doing the wrong thing for the right reasons...it's their MO.

I guess John Edwards would have been a better choice, right? Think where we'd be with that. Why can't you just accept the fact that Obama won the primaries because he ran a more successful campaign? Your constant attempts to undercut his achievement doesn't do anything but reflect poorly on you.

If Hillary had been the better candidate she would have won. But she pissed in her own cheerios by not coming clean on Iraq and by resorting to republicanesque behavior. Harboring resentment for Obama because of her tactical failures is not cool, IMO.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
You supported Obama when he had even less experience than he does today. But don't let cramp your style.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:34 PM
You supported Obama when he had even less experience than he does today. But don't let cramp your style.

Over a year ago, I said I'd prefer him over Hillary as a last resort because of his Iraq/antiwar stance. Sorry, that is hardly support.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:36 PM
ROFL

Bill Clinton wasn't running in this election.

Oh wait, Hillary Clinton built the 90's economy and Laura Bush destroyed it in the last 8 years.

Got it.

Exactly, Bill wasn't running. His policies were good enough then and good enough now but his wife and, by proximity, himself were not worth putting back into the office again????

Yet, some novice teleprompter king is?

DEMS are DELUSIONAL if they think they can sub out NObama for Bill and get a similar result. ROFL

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Over a year ago, I said I'd prefer him over Hillary as a last resort because of his Iraq/antiwar stance. Sorry, that is hardly support.

You might want to check one of the threads I just bumped.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh and he has more years of actual policy experience that Hillary has. But never mind facts, right?

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Exactly, Bill wasn't running. His policies were good enough then and good enough now but his wife and, by proximity, himself were not worth putting back into the office again????

Yet, some novice teleprompter king is?

DEMS are DELUSIONAL if they think they can sub out NObama for Bill and get a similar result. ROFL
Do you have a logically consistent thought in your head?

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:42 PM
You might want to check one of the threads I just bumped.

I changed my mind. GET THE FUUKKK OVER IT. I WILL NOT SUPPORT NOBAMA and am DEEPLY sorry I ever did for the 15 minutes I contemplated it.

I shower a few moments longer every day trying to cleanse my soul...

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I changed my mind. GET THE *** OVER IT. I WILL NOT SUPPORT NOBAMA and am DEEPLY sorry I ever did for the 15 minutes I contemplated it.

Meltdown!

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 03:45 PM
I changed my mind. GET THE FUUKKK OVER IT. I WILL NOT SUPPORT NOBAMA and am DEEPLY sorry I ever did for the 15 minutes I contemplated it.

Somebody get the super glue, CCW is beginning to crack.

I'm surprised it's taken this long. You've been in complete denial for the last 7 months.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Meltdown!

No, Holmez reminds me of the four year olds I work with. They can't process that adults change their minds based on situations or information. Dealing with Holmez feels the same way. You have to tell them/him in the simplest and most direct terms for it to permeate their little brains.

but you said...

but you promised...

but you told me...

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

The ONLY difference is the four years olds can't cut and paste yet. ROFL

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
No, Holmez reminds me of the four year olds I work with...

but you said...

but you promised...

but you told me...

They can't process that adults change their minds based on situations or information. Dealing with Holmez feels the same way. You have to tell him in the simplest and most direct terms for it to permeate their little brains.

Nobody here wants you to vote for Obama. You're being giving shit because you've done nothing but spew bullshit for the last year and when you get called out on it, you don't own up to it. If you admit you're being dishonest, there won't be any need for me or anyone to call you out on it. As long as you continue to pretend you are being honest, there will be plenty of material out there to knock your shit down.

It's simple. Own up to your bullshit or die by the sword.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:50 PM

And yet you've never successfully articulated why you changed your mind. First it was that you'd support whomever won, then he won and it was that you won't vote for him becase he can't get enough votes, now you are pining for Clinton-era policies even as Obama is advised by Clinton-era policy architects.

It's as if you can't escape the crazy.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:52 PM
And yet you've never successfully articulated why you changed your mind. First it was that you'd support whomever won, then he won and it was that you won't vote for him becase he can't get enough votes, now you are pining for Clinton-era policies even as Obama is advised by Clinton-era policy architects.

It's as if you can't escape the crazy.

Correction, if I was a member of the party I'd support the nominee. I always said if you are a member you should support the nominee. Hence, I quit cuz I'm not supporting the nominee or the party for one minute longer.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:53 PM
They can't process that adults change their minds based on situations or information.
And some adults can't articulate what those situations or information might be.

but you said...

but you promised...

but you told me...

Kids and Holmzz have very good bullsh!t detectors.

The ONLY difference is the four years olds can't cut and paste yet. ROFL
Which is the only reason your bull-sh!t floats even in pre-school.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Nobody here wants you to vote for Obama. You're being giving shit because you've done nothing but spew bullshit for the last year and when you get called out on it, you don't own up to it. If you admit you're being dishonest, there won't be any need for me or anyone to call you out on it. As long as you continue to pretend you are being honest, there will be plenty of material out there to knock your shit down.

It's simple. Own up to your bullshit or die by the sword.

I quit a party I supported for 26 years because of their dishonesty. It was the most honest thing I've done as a Democrat for MANY years.

HolmeZz
Correction, if I was a member of the party I'd support the nominee. I always said if you are a member you should support the nominee. Hence, I quit cuz I'm not supporting the nominee or the party for one minute longer.

You preached to Obama supporters that they should support Clinton if she won because they both stood for most of the same things and would be better than anything the Republicans put up. You leaving your party doesn't change anything about that statement.

Ultra Peanut

I shower a few moments longer every day trying to cleanse my soul...15 minutes, 15 months... same difference.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 03:55 PM
And some adults can't articulate what those situations or information might be.

Kids and Holmzz have very good bullsh!t detectors.

Which is the only reason your bull-sh!t floats even in pre-school.

jAZ is sounding so RWNJ these days. His attacks are so personal and off topic in nature. To think he used to find these sorts of attacks so offensive. ROFLROFL

jAZ
09-19-2008, 03:58 PM
I'd support him, but I quit the party because I can't support him even though I supported him but I won't vote for him because he can't get enough votes, though I support his policies.

It's all very confusing... it's like I tell my pre-school kids, stop badgering me with details, I don't have to act rationallly, now shut up and stop trying to use that computer... step away from that right mouse button! No copy!! No paste!!! HolmZez, you little rug rat!

Gahhhh!!!!

http://dcist.com/attachments/dcist_nicole/cathy2.jpg

RJ
09-19-2008, 03:58 PM
D'niece, you work with children?

That surprises me, I wouldn't have pictured that.

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 03:59 PM
I quit a party I supported for 26 years because of their dishonesty. It was the most honest thing I've done as a Democrat for MANY years.

The problem isn't that you're no longer a Democrat, it's that you're still dishonest. That's what hasn't changed and that's why you have to lie about everything you've said in the past. Because you can't rationalize any of it.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 04:00 PM
...so personal and off topic in nature...
I'd suggest you revist your decision to suggest someone calling you on your bullshit have the mental capaicty of a pre-schooler, before you try to mount that horse.

Ack!

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 04:00 PM
15 minutes, 15 months... same difference.

There is no way in hell I supported NObama for 15 months. At the beginning of this year I was already seriously having doubts about the guy.

How anyone but the brainwashed can take a few quotes over a couple of months and translate that into serious support lasting 15 months is beyond me...

but I find it quite indicative of the fantasy nature of Obots.

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 04:01 PM
There is no way in hell I supported NObama for 15 months. At the beginning of this year I was already seriously having doubts about the guy. .

Yes, that would be close to 15 months after those threads from 2006.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 04:02 PM
The problem isn't that you're no longer a Democrat, it's that you're still dishonest. That's what hasn't changed and that's why you have to lie about everything you've said in the past. Because you can't rationalize any of it.
Oh stop!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa249/a_mozart/CircularReasoning.gif

Ack!

Mr. Laz
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
meme is still crying because a chick didn't get the nomination

strictly sexism ... nothing else

i see nothing wrong with Obama getting all the input he can from others.

it's not like it's Karl Rove or something

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
I'd suggest you revist your decision to suggest someone calling you on your bullshit have the mental capaicty of a pre-schooler, before you try to mount that horse.

Ack!

I suggest you stop projecting. No one was having a meltdown. I was trying to make the same point I'd made for the past EIGHT months. I am not supporting NObama and no amount of your insults, badgering, following orders will change that.

I am not mad at you. You are just following orders. I understand you were told to 'get in our face' so like good Obots you are doing what is asked of you.

No hard feelings.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 04:05 PM
I suggest you stop projecting. No one was having a meltdown. I was trying to make the same point I'd made for the past EIGHT months. I am not supporting NObama and no amount of your insults, badgering, following orders will change that.

I am not mad at you. You are just following orders. I understand you were told to 'get in our face' so like good Obots you are doing what is asked of you.

No hard feelings.
No hard feelings, but Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot!

HolmeZz

Nobody wants you to *****ing vote for him. You're getting called out for spewing bullshit that you are never able to rationalize. Just admit you've been completely dishonest.

memyselfI
Yes, that would be close to 15 months after those threads from 2006.

Yep, after that one speech I thought, like everyone else, that I could support him for POTUS ONE DAY.

I likely could have if he had waited till after the 08 election as he originally stated he would but not any more.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
No hard feelings, but Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot! Obot!

You are following orders. I would too if I felt as deeply as you do. I was there before*, brother...

You are a good Democrat. Obama would be proud.

*towing party line

HolmeZz
09-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Yep, after that one speech I thought, like everyone else, that I could support him for POTUS ONE DAY.

One day? You suggested his Campaign button should say O08.

Since he is the one true anti-war candidate (besides Kucinich) and he's more liberal than Hillary or Edwards then he'll get my vote. I'm just not sure he can win and that is why I'm not throwing my support behind him 100%. I think he would have been better to wait. But he diminishes Hillary's odds so that is a major plus.

For me, it's Gore or Obama with the edge going to Gore but since he's not running it's Obama by defaut.

Forget 007, Obama's campaign buttons should read: O08.

This is what I mean. Everyone knows you're full of shit. You know you're full of shit. Just ****ing admit it.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 04:17 PM

This is what I mean. Everyone knows you're full of shit. You know you're full of shit. Just ****ing admit it.

Yep, I changed my mind, in part, after hearing that he had vowed not to run in 08 because HE SAID he would not be ready.

But somewhere along the line he decided 148 days as a US Senator made him ready.

penchief
09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
You are following orders. I would too if I felt as deeply as you do. I was there before*, brother...

*towing party line

You've been rather robotic in your use of the words Obot and Nobama. And you've been pretty automatic in suggesting that those who support Obama are Obots instead of voters who have arrived at a pragmatic decision on their own.

Why are you on a crusade to convince people that Obama voters have somehow been brainwashed? Who's orders are you following? Because it sure seems like you are pushing an agenda far more than those who are voting for Obama.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 04:31 PM
You've been rather robotic in your use of the words Obot and Nobama. And you've been pretty automatic in suggesting that those who support Obama are Obots instead of voters who have arrived at a pragmatic decision on their own.

Why are you on a crusade to convince people that Obama voters have somehow been brainwashed? Who's orders are you following? Because it sure seems like you are pushing an agenda far more than those who are voting for Obama.

Obot is a heckuva lot easier to type than "American Idol mentality in choosing a novice teleprompter dependent orator, media driven and created phenom, based soley on touchie feelie warm fuzzies."

Baby Lee
09-19-2008, 04:37 PM

Are they gonna come up with another reason for our computing infrastructure to be obsolete in a few years?

Baby Lee
09-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I guess John Edwards would have been a better choice, right? Think where we'd be with that. Why can't you just accept the fact that Obama won the primaries because he ran a more successful campaign? Your constant attempts to undercut his achievement doesn't do anything but reflect poorly on you.

If Hillary had been the better candidate she would have won. But she pissed in her own cheerios by not coming clean on Iraq and by resorting to republicanesque behavior. Harboring resentment for Obama because of her tactical failures is not cool, IMO.

That you call it republicanesque is perhaps the most damning evidence of your myopia you've ever provided.

The word is Clintonesque, has been for nearly two decades, and she wan't resorting to it, she was continuing it as predictably as one would expect.

Zebedee DuBois
09-19-2008, 05:02 PM
The old adage, "Cutting your nose off to spite your face." comes to mind when I read some posters.

penchief
09-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Obot is a heckuva lot easier to type than "American Idol mentality in choosing a novice teleprompter dependent orator, media driven and created phenom, based soley on touchie feelie warm fuzzies."

But how are you making that determination? How do you know that is the method that Obama voters employed to arrive at their decision? How do you know that is how I arrived at my decision?

You have been making that blanket accusation as a crusader against Obama. The fact that you have been on a crusade is what makes your blanket charge ironic. It is you that has behaved like a true believer (or should I say a devoted non-believer). It is you who has been acting out with emotional zeal.

It almost seems as if you've been projecting your fanatical behavior onto the those who have simply made a conscientious decision to vote for Obama.

penchief
09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
That you call it republicanesque is perhaps the most damning evidence of your myopia you've ever provided.

The word is Clintonesque, has been for nearly two decades, and she wan't resorting to it, she was continuing it as predictably as one would expect.

Honestly, I can see how you would take exception with that. But all in all, when I refer to republicanesque I'm going back to the days of Atwater moving forward through Rove. While you may be correct that the Clintons had their ways, some of the behavior that Hillary employed in the primaries smacked of the Rove campaigns more than the Clinton campaigns, IMO.

RJ
09-19-2008, 05:19 PM

Or you could try "people who don't agree with me".

Logical
09-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, can't say I disagree with you there. However, the milk is spilt, so I'm personally glad Obama is getting this brain trust together.You see the problem with that is that would involve DEnise swallowing her pride and admitting that her last 6 months were nothing more than childish fit because Hillary was losing/lost.

Logical
09-19-2008, 06:12 PM

LMAO LMAO

Long live HolmeZ and his ability to use the search function to bring the past back to haunt us all.:D

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 06:13 PM
But how are you making that determination? How do you know that is the method that Obama voters employed to arrive at their decision? How do you know that is how I arrived at my decision?

You have been making that blanket accusation as a crusader against Obama. The fact that you have been on a crusade is what makes your blanket charge ironic. It is you that has behaved like a true believer (or should I say a devoted non-believer). It is you who has been acting out with emotional zeal.

It almost seems as if you've been projecting your fanatical behavior onto the those who have simply made a conscientious decision to vote for Obama.

Pen, do a search. I've posted stories with links to people getting tatoos, changing their middle names, other types of ridiculous sorts of ways they support NObama and numerous reasons why I find it offensive. I don't care to rehash at this moment. People like yourself who support him obviously are not the bots I'm talking about.

Bottom line, he is a media created cult of personality who happens to be one vote away from POTUS. I find that to be extremely scary shit.

I will say I find the disingenuous nature of the left regarding NObama to be hysterical. They are acting in the same fashion that they lamented DUHbya supporters over. The same blind partisanship and faith they once ridiculed they now embrace. It will be interesting to see how many of you hold on and how long when, not if, NObama ends up being to you what GWB is to his supporters and non-supporters on this board.

memyselfI
09-19-2008, 06:23 PM
LMAO LMAO

Long live HolmeZ and his ability to use the search function to bring the past back to haunt us all.:D

I'm glad he keeps bringing it up. It shows just how far I've come from turning away from the DEMS. Only OBots see this as some sort of indictment to my truthiness. :rolleyes:

morphius
09-19-2008, 06:49 PM
As I stated in another thread along these lines, is this Clintons economic team that couldn't find a way to get us a tax cut, but 2 years into his presidency the republicans could. Or is this the group we can thank for the MCI Worldcom fiasco and Enron?

Of course they could have a plan for internet bubble 2.0 or something...

Logical
09-19-2008, 06:53 PM
What is *****ing amazing is that you think you still need to tell us. This reminds me of my LJ coniption fit. Take it from me they know.

Logical
09-19-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm glad he keeps bringing it up. It shows just how far I've come from turning away from the DEMS. Only OBots see this as some sort of indictment to my truthiness. :rolleyes:May I suggest next time you use

truthfulness

a real word might better increase your chance of being understood.

Baby Lee
09-19-2008, 07:00 PM
May I suggest next time you use

truthfulness

a real word might better increase your chance of being understood.

Actually, it's a real word, and in this case is HILARIOUS.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/06words.htm

Logical
09-19-2008, 07:01 PM

This is what I mean. Everyone knows you're full of shit. You know you're full of shit. Just ****ing admit it.ROFLROFLROFL

Logical
09-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Actually, it's a real word, and in this case is HILARIOUS.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/06words.htm

Thanks, guess I was wrong, it appears she chose the word that best fit.

jAZ
09-19-2008, 07:07 PM

*towing party line

Insult!!!!!! Act above insults!!!!!! Repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penchief
09-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Pen, do a search. I've posted stories with links to people getting tatoos, changing their middle names, other types of ridiculous sorts of ways they support NObama and numerous reasons why I find it offensive. I don't care to rehash at this moment. People like yourself who support him obviously are not the bots I'm talking about.

Bottom line, he is a media created cult of personality who happens to be one vote away from POTUS. I find that to be extremely scary shit.

I will say I find the disingenuous nature of the left regarding NObama to be hysterical. They are acting in the same fashion that they lamented DUHbya supporters over. The same blind partisanship and faith they once ridiculed they now embrace. It will be interesting to see how many of you hold on and how long when, not if, NObama ends up being to you what GWB is to his supporters and non-supporters on this board.

Maybe that is your justification for being a NObot but it doesn't justify your constant belittlement of all those who have made a conscientious decision to vote for Obama because they believe he is a better choice than McCain.

You are not differentiating the small minority that you are accusing of being blind partisans or groupies from the majority who are responsible voters. You are treating them all with contempt when you lump them together as Obots.

Also, your constant reference to Obama as NObama is an indication of your resentment toward him regarding some perceived injustice that you are taking personally. This is the only thing that can explain your daily fanatical attempts to deride Obama and belittle those who have chosen to vote for him.

My point is that it is strange that you would make it your daily mission to crusade against Obama and those who are voting for him and not see the irony in accusing others of being consumed or blinded by his candidacy.

By the way, I don't see the partisanship or the hysteria that you are talking about. I think that the emotional investment you are placing in your anti-Obama crusade is causing you to be oversensitive to things that are not really that extraordinary.

VAChief
09-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Maybe that is your justification for being a NObot but it doesn't justify your constant belittlement of all those who have made a conscientious decision to vote for Obama because they believe he is a better choice than McCain.

You are not differentiating the small minority that you are accusing of being blind partisans or groupies from the majority who are responsible voters. You are treating them all with contempt when you lump them together as Obots.

Also, your constant reference to Obama as NObama is an indication of your resentment toward him regarding some perceived injustice that you are taking personally. This is the only thing that can explain your daily fanatical attempts to deride Obama and belittle those who have chosen to vote for him.

My point is that it is strange that you would make it your daily mission to crusade against Obama and those who are voting for him and not see the irony in accusing others of being consumed or blinded by his candidacy.

By the way, I don't see the partisanship or the hysteria that you are talking about. I think that the emotional investment you are placing in your anti-Obama crusade is causing you to be oversensitive to things that are not really that extraordinary.

You are trying to make some sense out of something that very clearly doesn't...it's not worth your time.

Cave Johnson
09-19-2008, 09:55 PM
As I stated in another thread along these lines, is this Clintons economic team that couldn't find a way to get us a tax cut, but 2 years into his presidency the republicans could. Or is this the group we can thank for the MCI Worldcom fiasco and Enron?

Of course they could have a plan for internet bubble 2.0 or something...

If tax cuts are your metric, then I guess Bush has been a heckava president.

If, however, you look at broader indicators, Clinton's economic performance wasn't shabby.

http://clinton5.nara.gov/WH/Accomplishments/eightyears-03.html