PDA

View Full Version : Video Games So I'm addicted to Rockband

Mr. Flopnuts
09-20-2008, 01:21 AM
I got a late start on this one. I never really could get into Guitar Hero and I think it's because I play the guitar. (Well I try anyways) But Rockband let's me rock the drums. Something I've always been interested in, but it was never really feasible. Yeah. I'm hooked. They got Rush songs, and Sabbath songs, and you ****in name it songs. I can't wait for Rockband 2 to come out.

Ultra Peanut
09-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Rock Band 2 is ****ing amazing.

ChiefsLV
09-20-2008, 02:10 AM
I can't wait for Rockband 2 to come out.

It's out already... ?

Lzen
09-20-2008, 07:50 AM
I believe RB2 came out this past Tuesday.

Reaper16
09-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Rock Band 2 came out last Sunday, so pick it up if you haven't already.

Judas Priest's "Painkiller," my favorite metal song of all time, is worth the price of admission alone.

Jewish Rabbi
09-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Much better setlist this time around, IMO. There were some awesome songs on the original, but RB2 is more balanced with new and old songs, and most of them are good.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 360 exclusive for a month. Someone correct this if it's wrong.

Jewish Rabbi
09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 360 exclusive for a month. Someone correct this if it's wrong.

I don't know the length, but yes. 360 exclusive, and only the disk, no new peripherals yet.

Priest31kc
09-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I bought Rock Band and got bored with it, so I sold it. I kinda miss it now, but i do still have Guitar Hero 2 and 3. I think I'm gunna wait till i get a PS3 or 360 (i still use a ps2), and then ill get Rock Band 2.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Rock Band 2 is kick ass. Be honest players, what instrument do you play? And what level of difficulty do you play. I rock the drums and am just really learning on hard. And it's fucking hard.

ZootedGranny
11-26-2008, 09:18 PM
I play drums on expert, unless its in the Impossible tier, which forces me to drop down to hard.

I can play some expert/hard guitar, but do so rarely.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I play drums on expert, unless its in the Impossible tier, which forces me to drop down to hard.

I can play some expert/hard guitar, but do so rarely.

Did you have to practice songs at like 70% for days? Maybe I just suck, but I bumped up to hard, and it's fucking hard.

ZootedGranny
11-26-2008, 11:07 PM
I sucked at first just because hard is the first difficulty that really starts to test your limb independence, but once you get the timing down on a few common patterns, you should be able to quickly jump to expert:

1. Hat + kick then hat
2. Hat then hat + kick
3. Solitary hits (snares, hats, toms) seperated by kicks

The best song for this is Nirvana's "In Bloom" on expert. All 3 occur throughout the song, and while it is on expert, it is in the first tier. If you take that into practice mode and mess with it for a while, the movements will eventually click and you'll be ready for just about anything.

Guru
11-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I suck at the music games.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-27-2008, 12:41 AM
I sucked at first just because hard is the first difficulty that really starts to test your limb independence, but once you get the timing down on a few common patterns, you should be able to quickly jump to expert:

1. Hat + kick then hat
2. Hat then hat + kick

The best song for this is Nirvana's "In Bloom" on expert. All 3 occur throughout the song, and while it is on expert, it is in the first tier. If you take that into practice mode and mess with it for a while, the movements will eventually click and you'll be ready for just about anything.

Awesome. I love the song, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip!

TinyEvel
11-27-2008, 08:17 AM
RB and RB2 are definetely the shiznit. THe best part is I can play with my 7 year-old cuz she can do rums on easy and not get kicked off.

I bought a mic stand so I can be the singer AND guitar t the same time. THe only tough part is when you gotta do the mic tap (cowbell, tambourine, etc) I have to make a "pop"noise with my mouth into the mic for ti to hit, and it's usually offbeat with the guitar so I get all jacked up on that.

But yeah, it's a great game almost anyone can come over who's never gamed and play along either singing or drums on easy.

THe funny thing is, in your mind, you're like "I friggen OWN this rock thing. I could really do this for real, I'm fockin'!"
THen I saw a video of us playing and we look pathetic. Like a zombie band or something staring into the TV and trying to hit all the notes.

Agent V
11-27-2008, 08:25 PM
I play drums on hard, but I haven't picked it up in a while. I wanted to check out GH: World Tour before I bought Rock Band 2.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I think it's time to smoke a bowl and rock some In Bloom on expert.........at like 60% speed.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 01:22 PM
THe funny thing is, in your mind, you're like "I friggen OWN this rock thing. I could really do this for real, I'm fockin'!"
THen I saw a video of us playing and we look pathetic. Like a zombie band or something staring into the TV and trying to hit all the notes.

You know, I play the guitar and I knew right off that it was nothing like actually playing the instrument. I do find myself wondering about the drums though. I mean, how much different could it really be? Am I learning a new instrument through this video game? Drummers, chime in on this one.

ZootedGranny
11-28-2008, 02:31 PM
You know, I play the guitar and I knew right off that it was nothing like actually playing the instrument. I do find myself wondering about the drums though. I mean, how much different could it really be? Am I learning a new instrument through this video game? Drummers, chime in on this one.

My brother is a drummer, and says its a decent representation. I know that a couple of years ago I tried messing around on his set, and was absolutely terrible, but after playing Rock Band, I was barely competent.

talastan
11-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm a drummer, and I'm interested in the new Guitar Hero World Tour. Chad from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Travis Barker, and Danny Carey consulted on the drum parts for this one. Barker did all the motion capture for the drumming. Not to mention the drumming "kit" looks more realistic with having actual cymbal pads rather than the four pads on RB. I haven't really taken a look at RB2 though. Also with Guitar Hero you'll have character design and the ability to record and arrange songs for yourself.

talastan
11-28-2008, 03:45 PM

It really is more of a feeling thing. For someone who plays electronic pad-kits it probably is very similar. But there is just something different when you play on an actual acoustic kit, on actual drum heads. Just a difference in the rebound or something....:shrug:

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I picked up RB2 tonight for my boys main Christmas present. Now to keep it hidden for a month...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 06:18 PM
It really is more of a feeling thing. For someone who plays electronic pad-kits it probably is very similar. But there is just something different when you play on an actual acoustic kit, on actual drum heads. Just a difference in the rebound or something....:shrug:

That makes sense. A little practice could probably work it out, ya think? I'd be happy if I actually got something useful from wasting time.............

I picked up RB2 tonight for my boys main Christmas present. Now to keep it hidden for a month...

So, you're not commenting on whether it will be factory sealed when they unwrap it?

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 06:21 PM
So, you're not commenting on whether it will be factory sealed when they unwrap it?Exactly.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Exactly.

It's fucking awesome. I suggest playing it as often as possible between now and Christmas, you'll never see it once those boys get their hands on it. Well, actually, you'll have a band!!!! Pick your singer wisely....................................

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 06:42 PM
It's fucking awesome. I suggest playing it as often as possible between now and Christmas, you'll never see it once those boys get their hands on it. Well, actually, you'll have a band!!!! Pick your singer wisely....................................Heh. I couldn't open it. I'd love to, bit that'd be just plain wrong.

luv
11-28-2008, 08:05 PM
It's fucking awesome. I suggest playing it as often as possible between now and Christmas, you'll never see it once those boys get their hands on it. Well, actually, you'll have a band!!!! Pick your singer wisely....................................

A good singer, whether drunk or not, can carry an entire shitty band. At least that's what I heard. ;)

stevieray
11-28-2008, 08:36 PM
my kids are really good at this game...my twelve year old plays drums on hard with ease(for now)...and my fifteen year old totally jams on the guitar...I should video her fingers..I play The bass and make them laugh cause I do all the moves when playing...like I'm on stage..

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 08:44 PM
my kids are really good at this game...my twelve year old plays drums on hard with ease(for now)...and my fifteen year old totally jams on the guitar...I should video her fingers..I play The bass and make them laugh cause I do all the moves when playing...like I'm on stage..Very cool. It's a cool thing to do with your kids. (Like board games used to be, except the kids enjoy this more)

My oldest boy's a Guitar Hero savant...lol They're both gonna be stoked when Santa leaves Rock Band 2.

stevieray
11-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Very cool. It's a cool thing to do with your kids. (Like board games used to be, except the kids enjoy this more)

My oldest boy's a Guitar Hero savant...lol They're both gonna be stoked when Santa leaves Rock Band 2.

oh yeah. you guys are gonna have a blast...I play as elroy..:D

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Heh. I couldn't open it. I'd love to, bit that'd be just plain wrong.

Just go down to UPS and get some clear packing tape. No one will ever know.........

Stryker
11-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Me and 3 other friends play online every Thursday. ADDICTION is a good word. One of my friends bought the Ion drum set for the game - a true electronic drum set for around $300. I bought a Nintendo Wii along with Rock Band 1 and 2, plus wireless guitar for the kids for Christmas.

I find Guitar Hero WT is a little harder on the higher levels but fun/addictive as well.

TinyEvel
11-29-2008, 07:52 AM
I played GH for the first time yesterday. I think it's easier than RockBand because it flet like I was playing sloppier and it was still registering the notes.

I was having a tough time because the frets are farther apart on the GH guitar, I'm used to the RB one.

Midnight_Vulture
11-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Maybe you guys should pick up a REAL instrument.:rolleyes:

talastan
11-29-2008, 10:39 AM

I have a couple of them, Drums and Guitar!! While GH or RB aren't the same as the real thing, for young kids it can defintely help as a teaching tool for getting them to play an instrument. The games teach rhythm and hand eye coordination which is necessary in ALL instruments.

Agent V
11-29-2008, 11:29 AM
I played drums and minimal guitar for five years from junior high through high school, so I find it fun to play drums on a video game. So what? I can't really drop thousands of dollars on a guitar (with classes and work, I have no time to practice like I used to) or drum set right now.

What instrument do you play? Anything?

Marcellus
11-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture
Maybe you guys should pick up a REAL instrument.

I played drums and minimal guitar for five years from junior high through high school, so I find it fun to play drums on a video game. So what? I can't really drop thousands of dollars on a guitar (with classes and work, I have no time to practice like I used to) or drum set right now.

He plays the skin flute and chin moraccas.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture
Maybe you guys should pick up a REAL instrument.

He plays the skin flute and chin moraccas.

LMAO

mikeyis4dcats.
11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Flopnuts, what's your PSN name? Te other thread says it's USHLA GRANADA, but you can't have spaces in the name, so that can't be right

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Flopnuts, what's your PSN name? Te other thread says it's USHLA GRANADA, but you can't have spaces in the name, so that can't be right

Actually, you're right. There is no space. It's USHLAGRANADA. Sorry about that.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I just added you Mikey.

Midnight_Vulture
11-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I play guitar...a REAL guitar. I am not a guitar hero fag or a rock band geek.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I picked up RB2 tonight for my boys main Christmas present. Now to keep it hidden for a month...My kids are getting the WII for xmas - we picked up the Rock Band combo kit for it - big freakin box we have to keep hidden.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I play guitar...a REAL guitar. I am not a guitar hero pillowbiter or a rock band geek.sure - you play the skin flute

NewChief
11-29-2008, 02:36 PM
My kids are getting the WII for xmas - we picked up the Rock Band combo kit for it - big freakin box we have to keep hidden.

My mother-in-law just bought a wii for her house. I'd gotten kind of tired of playing Wii, and I didn't even play much.. mainly when I visited my brother a few times a year. That being said, she got the balance board thing for it, and it freaking rocks with the snowboarding and skateboarding games. Lots of fun, and it actually does get your blood pumping pretty good.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-29-2008, 02:46 PM
My mother-in-law just bought a wii for her house. I'd gotten kind of tired of playing Wii, and I didn't even play much.. mainly when I visited my brother a few times a year. That being said, she got the balance board thing for it, and it freaking rocks with the snowboarding and skateboarding games. Lots of fun, and it actually does get your blood pumping pretty good.Yeah - we're trying to pick up the Wii Fit - everyone is sold out. Talked to an employee at Circuit City - said they are getting a shipment in tomorrow - but the will go as soon as they are put out. The wife is going to go hang out and get one.

Agent V
11-29-2008, 04:05 PM
I play guitar...a REAL guitar. I am not a guitar hero pillowbiter or a rock band geek.
Christ, so you're saying anyone who's good at Call of Duty should join the army, anyone who's good at Halo should engage in interstellar warfare, and anyone who plays Madden should play professional football. It's a videogame. Calm down.

And if that avatar is you, then yes, you are a pillowbiter. Just not a Guitar Hero pillowbiter.

KcMizzou
11-29-2008, 06:45 PM
I play guitar...a REAL guitar. I am not a guitar hero fag or a rock band geek.You're a bad, bad man.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
You're a bad, bad man.

He's nationwide. I'm rockin My Own Worst Enemy by Lit at expert level now. It's not easy, but yesterday playing that song on hard wasn't easy so I'll take it.

Lzen
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Ummm, well let's see. I do play the real guitar. I have 4 guitars, 2 amps (one combo and 1 half stack), a drum kit, and a couple mics. I played in several rock/metal bands for years. The last one I was in was very successful on a local level. So, yeah, I got that covered.

I play Guitar Hero and Rock Band and enjoy them both. Big freakin' deal. Try just enjoying life instead of being a judgmental prick for a change.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2008, 08:58 PM
I can has?

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72693

KcMizzou
11-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I can has?

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72693You can has.

TinyEvel
11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
So, how the FOCK do you link up with guys to play Rock Band? It seems WAY complicated.
I was on today and Chiefman420 (or whatever he calls himself these days) was on.

I had to go into like "manage friends" and invite then wait to check "check invites" or some crap?

BOLLOCKS!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2008, 10:39 PM
So, how the FOCK do you link up with guys to play Rock Band? It seems WAY complicated.
I was on today and Chiefman420 (or whatever he calls himself these days) was on.

I had to go into like "manage friends" and invite then wait to check "check invites" or some crap?

BOLLOCKS!

I was wondering about that. I couldn't figure it out at all.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-30-2008, 01:48 PM

BOLLOCKS!

yeah, it really is a terribly backwards and inane process.

ZootedGranny
11-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Dunno what you have to do on the PS3, but if its similar to how it is on the 360:

Start up band quickplay or World Tour, and then from the character select screen send an invite to your friend.

Your friend accepts the invite and then joins the game.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Dunno what you have to do on the PS3, but if its similar to how it is on the 360:

Start up band quickplay or World Tour, and then from the character select screen send an invite to your friend.

Your friend accepts the invite and then joins the game.

the pain in the ass problem comes in that the PS3 doesn't notify a player they have a message, so unless that other person already knows you want to play, it's unlikely they will see the invite.

Dayze
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
will the hard-wired GH controller (EXP Explorer) work with Rock Band 2?

I'm considering (mainly b/c I'm a guitarist and want to play around with the drums).

Anyone have a preference between RB2 and GHWT?

If the guitar is compatible I'd just buy the game and drum kit.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 10:49 PM

I'm considering (mainly b/c I'm a guitarist and want to play around with the drums).

That's exactly why I got Rock Band. I don't know if they're compatible, but prepare to have a blast. I've worked up to playing most of the entry level songs on expert on the drums and it's a fucking workout, but it's a blast. I've been playing the shit out of this game for the last 4 days and I've had them for 3 months.

Dayze
11-30-2008, 10:57 PM
That's exactly why I got Rock Band. I don't know if they're compatible, but prepare to have a blast. I've worked up to playing most of the entry level songs on expert on the drums and it's a ****ing workout, but it's a blast. I've been playing the shit out of this game for the last 4 days and I've had them for 3 months.

lol; awesome.

Man....I think I need to pull the trigger.

Just a little more 'research' to satisfy my "OCD" (lol...just j/k)......

So, you have RB2 and you're satisfied with it? I have GH and can play alot of songs on expert (I've played 'real' gutiar for 17 yrs and have pretty much exhausted the 'fun' factor of the game).
Occasionally we have friends/family etc over to have drinks etc and play GH; but it sounds like RB or GHWT would be a blast (everyone could get invovled at once).

Lzen
12-01-2008, 01:00 PM

BOLLOCKS!

Buy a 360.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Lzen
12-01-2008, 01:04 PM
lol; awesome.

Man....I think I need to pull the trigger.

Just a little more 'research' to satisfy my "OCD" (lol...just j/k)......

So, you have RB2 and you're satisfied with it? I have GH and can play alot of songs on expert (I've played 'real' gutiar for 17 yrs and have pretty much exhausted the 'fun' factor of the game).
Occasionally we have friends/family etc over to have drinks etc and play GH; but it sounds like RB or GHWT would be a blast (everyone could get invovled at once).

I have RB and have had all the GHs at one time or another except for the new one. I also borrowed RB2 from the library for a couple weeks. While GH is fun, RB is a game for several people. That is, I assume, why GHWT went with a whole band type of game this time.

You did ask a very good question and one I would like to see answered. So, I will quote it:

Anyone? Bueller?

mikeyis4dcats.
12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

Lzen
12-01-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

Thanks. I will have to look at that at home. Can't look at it here at work or I'll get red flagged for an inappropriate site. :rolleyes:

Dayze
12-01-2008, 06:09 PM
sweet; looks as though I can scout a drum kit for which ever game I decide to go with.

I heard the base model kit for RB2 do no have cymbals; but you can upgrade and get them.

Lzen
12-02-2008, 07:33 AM
sweet; looks as though I can scout a drum kit for which ever game I decide to go with.

I heard the base model kit for RB2 do no have cymbals; but you can upgrade and get them.

I believe that last I heard the RB2 7 piece drumset was $300. Not sure if that is still the case, though.

talastan
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
I believe that last I heard the RB2 7 piece drumset was $300. Not sure if that is still the case, though.

GHWT is a five piece with 3 drum pads, and two cymbal pads, plus foot pedal. This is the standard kit and for a full-time drummer like me is much more true to the experience of playing a real drumkit than the RB four pad kit. I haven't played the seven piece upgrade kit from rockband so couldn't help there, but to pay extra to upgrade it, I'd personally just stick with GHWT. Better songs IMO including, (Lzen are you listening?) Pull me Under by Dream Theater, and two or three Tool songs.

Lzen
12-02-2008, 08:04 AM
GHWT is a five piece with 3 drum pads, and two cymbal pads, plus foot pedal. This is the standard kit and for a full-time drummer like me is much more true to the experience of playing a real drumkit than the RB four pad kit. I haven't played the seven piece upgrade kit from rockband so couldn't help there, but to pay extra to upgrade it, I'd personally just stick with GHWT. Better songs IMO including, (Lzen are you listening?) Pull me Under by Dream Theater, and two or three Tool songs.

I hear ya. Actually, I plan to buy both games. I just don't want all the extra peripherals that I don't necessarily need. ;)

BTW, I have a download of Constant Motion by Dream Theater on RB. That song is a bitch to play.

Also, RB2 has Panic Attack. So, both game have some DT love. :)

okcchief
12-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I have RB1 and GHWT.

I like the drums better on GHWT but the track list is better on Rockband. I recommend buying both games and just getting the instruments for GHWT. You can play them on both.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I have RB1 and GHWT.

I like the drums better on GHWT but the track list is better on Rockband. I recommend buying both games and just getting the instruments for GHWT. You can play them on both.

How does a 3 pad drum kit work on a game made for 4 pads?

talastan
12-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I hear ya. Actually, I plan to buy both games. I just don't want all the extra peripherals that I don't necessarily need. ;)

BTW, I have a download of Constant Motion by Dream Theater on RB. That song is a bitch to play.

Also, RB2 has Panic Attack. So, both game have some DT love. :)

Freaking-A my friend!:thumb: I haven't gotten GHWT yet. Have just been online looking and researching the setlist and game features. Can't wait though. I'm a drummer and because I live in an apartment and haven't the cash or space to get a decent electronic kit, I'm hoping that I can use this to keep my chops up and hopefully keep myself in shape. I get to practice with my current band twice a week but would love to have something even if it is for fun to keep up with every night! I figure the Tool and DT songs alone would be a great workout.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM

:drool: Buying it!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I'm a dork. These are shipping from amazon.com in da mownen.

Demonpenz
12-09-2008, 08:57 PM
How does a 3 pad drum kit work on a game made for 4 pads?

the cymbols are an extra pad I got GHWT it is really fun. The cymbols make it true to life. I wish they would give you another peddle to open and close your hi hat tho

Taco John
12-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I just finished GHWT on Medium... Time to bump it up.

Pestilence
12-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Yep....you're a dork. :thumb:

mikeyis4dcats.
12-10-2008, 11:44 AM

those were on sale last week for $1.95. The reviews suck, but hopefully you didn't pay much for them.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 09:56 PM

1. Hat + kick then hat
2. Hat then hat + kick

You weren't kidding. I played on hard for like 3 days and jumped up to expert. I've been wading my way through the songs, and I'm up to the medium difficulty songs now. Once I got down Closer to the Heart I did a little dance.

If anyone is looking into the Ion Drum Rocker, for fuck's sake go get it. It's retarded awesome.

http://www.dasgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drumrocker_front2.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 09:57 PM
those were on sale last week for $1.95. The reviews suck, but hopefully you didn't pay much for them.

They suck dick. And I paid way more than that for them.

TinyEvel
01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Do you have RockBand 2? If so, on PS3, I;m on here now, LET'S ROCK!!!! FTW!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Do you have RockBand 2? If so, on PS3, I;m on here now, LET'S ROCK!!!! FTW!!!!

I do have Rockband 2 but my neighbors below me prefer I not play it this late. Theoretically, I have until 10pm by law, but I'm an awesome neighbor so I respect them on it. How about one day this week? I'm on the west coast with you, and I'm usually home by 4pm. Let me know what's good. I haven't played it online but a couple of times.

TinyEvel
01-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Uh, let me check with the family lawmaker.

Weekends are best for me but there can be flexibity.
What other MP games do u have?

(see how I used a "u" for "you" I AM SUCH A GAMER FTW!!!!PWNED!!!!111)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Uh, let me check with the family lawmaker.

Weekends are best for me but there can be flexibity.
What other MP games do u have?

(see how I used a "u" for "you" I AM SUCH A GAMER FTW!!!!PWNED!!!!111)

I'm usually available to play anytime on the weekends. My wife gets a weekend off every once in a while, but usually she's working. MP? Like music playing? I don't know, I'm kind of a retard. I have Rock Revolution I just bought, but I haven't even played it yet. I hate the interface. It'll take some getting used to.

I also have:

Madden 09
NBA The Life 09
MGS4
GTAIV
Both Rockbands
Socom
Tiger Woods 09

Over-Head
01-12-2009, 06:49 PM
I got a late start on this one. I never really could get into Guitar Hero and I think it's because I play the guitar. (Well I try anyways) But Rockband let's me rock the drums. Something I've always been interested in, but it was never really feasible. Yeah. I'm hooked. They got Rush songs, and Sabbath songs, and you ****in name it songs. I can't wait for Rockband 2 to come out.
If you can count to 4 you can master "drums"
High hats steady rythem 1,and, 2,and,3and,4,and
Kick on 1 plus HH
High hat on "and" by it's self
Snare on 2 plus HH
Kick on 3 plus HH
Snare on 4

Repeat.

Been a drummer for over 20 years, and this is the 2nd excersize I teach.
The first being:
Pick a spot on teh high hat (usually the logo) and practice hitting it in even strokes while counting out loud 1, and, 2, and, 3, and, 4, and.

This is the building block to becomming the next Neil Pert

Demonpenz
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Kick on 1 plus HH
Snare on 2 plus HH
Kick on 3 plus HH
Snare on 4

Repeat.

The first being:
Pick a spot on teh high hat (usually the logo) and practice hitting it in even strokes while counting out loud 1, and, 2, and, 3, and, 4, and.

no quarter note love?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Kick on 1 plus HH
Snare on 2 plus HH
Kick on 3 plus HH
Snare on 4

Repeat.

The first being:

I've never played a real drum kit and now consider myself a real drummer. Heh, retarded I know, but I've got no doubt I could sit down at a real drum kit and bang out Fortunate Son by CCR with the Rockband music scrolling down the screen.

2 things that were probably the most difficult for me.

1. Was getting 3 different limbs to work on different time.

2. Was learning the muscle memory. On the standard Rockband drum kit, you have 4 pads and moving from one to the other was a little easier while reading the notes. Once I bought my Ion Drum Rocker and set up the cymbals it was like starting all over again. For a week anyways.

I'm still a little baby drummer, but I'm having a blast and look forward to buying a drum brain for this beast one day.

If anyone wants to rock out, my username is USHLAGRANADA. I have Rockband 1 and 2 and I'll be online for a few hours this afternoon. I'll check my invites periodically.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2009, 09:36 PM
So I bought this pedal.

http://www.rockpedal.com/

And I fuckin hate it. Maybe I'm just a pussy but it makes my fuckin leg sore whereas everyone else claims how much easier it is to use. All I can think of is most people drum mostly heel up, whereas I drum exclusively heel down. I'll have to learn I guess. I've got $500 into this Ion kit there's no turning back now.

Buck
04-21-2009, 09:55 PM
So I bought this pedal.

http://www.rockpedal.com/

And I ****in hate it. Maybe I'm just a pussy but it makes my ****in leg sore whereas everyone else claims how much easier it is to use. All I can think of is most people drum mostly heel up, whereas I drum exclusively heel down. I'll have to learn I guess. I've got $500 into this Ion kit there's no turning back now.

WTF Is wrong with you?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
WTF Is wrong with you?

LMAO What do you mean? Honestly, I've spent so many hours it could be calculated into days playing this game. And it has kept me entertained throughout. If I went out chasing the kind of fun I've had playing this game over the last 6 months it would've cost me a helluva lot more than $500. Not only that, but another $200-300 and I've got a pretty nice electronic drum kit that just happens to be compatible with Rockband. I've switched the cymbals out, and now with the pedal all I need is the brain and I'm good to go.

I'm not sitting around playing this game on medium or hard. I feel like I'm actually learning to play the drums.

Demonpenz
04-22-2009, 07:51 AM
you are learning how to play mirroring. If you wanted to really step it up you should count it out, but most people get started mirroring anyway. It's not really going to matter unless you were playing with people who understand music want you to play certain time sigs on seperate measures, but for alot of people it stops being fun when you get into it .

Demonpenz
04-22-2009, 08:02 AM
they really need an open close hat feature on there too kits can replicate sound but they can give you the feeling of the way your stick bounces off of different hats and sounds on hitting them different grazing the bell, slamming the rim. DEMON RAINING ON THE PARADE OF ROCK BAND DRUMMERS AND ELECTRIC DRUMMERS MWAHAHAHAAA

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2009, 08:19 AM
they really need an open close hat feature on there too kits can replicate sound but they can give you the feeling of the way your stick bounces off of different hats and sounds on hitting them different grazing the bell, slamming the rim. DEMON RAINING ON THE PARADE OF ROCK BAND DRUMMERS AND ELECTRIC DRUMMERS MWAHAHAHAAA

Rain away. I can use any advice I can get. So, at 32 I don't really see myself joining a band and playing a bunch of gigs and stuff. But, I'd like to be able to play with people. Should I start counting it out while I'm mirroring it? Rockband has a performance feature that takes the grid away and still calculates a percentage of notes hit when the song is over. I'll have to shoot a video of me playing sometime and post it here. Then you can rain on my Rockband parade some more by telling me how fucked up my technique is. I want to learn, I started playing guitar and figured it out so I know it's not all fun and games. I'm good with that.

htismaqe
04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I bought Rock Band 2 several months ago, but I linked my band to the website and then decided I wanted to delete my band. I didn't know at the time that the linkage to the website is PERMANENT and I can't use my band name anymore because it's "in use".

So I've played it probably a half-dozen times since I bought it back in November.

Demonpenz
04-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Rain away. I can use any advice I can get. So, at 32 I don't really see myself joining a band and playing a bunch of gigs and stuff. But, I'd like to be able to play with people. Should I start counting it out while I'm mirroring it? Rockband has a performance feature that takes the grid away and still calculates a percentage of notes hit when the song is over. I'll have to shoot a video of me playing sometime and post it here. Then you can rain on my Rockband parade some more by telling me how fucked up my technique is. I want to learn, I started playing guitar and figured it out so I know it's not all fun and games. I'm good with that.

I am sure it is alright. I am probably medium at best at real drums. Yeah you could play long with people pretty much anything unless it is prog rock, salsa, or something like that. You will probably find out if you start counting that you get it right even if it is just memorization. (think the drums on gnr paradise city, any one can mimic that without counting). For me some of the joy is being able to create your own sizzle sound by the way you hit your high hats and cymbols. It's something electronic kits don't give you the feel for. All this ranting and if you saw me you would probably be like WTF?! Crashride overhead bob dole Dinny blues are probably the best actual ones on here. Ari and Quicksilver also play.

Demonpenz
04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
also rockband needs to lighten up on the scoring system. If you add double beats or kicks it should not count off if it is good. Or if you know there is a part in there that there is a beat in it shouldn't count off. Likewise it shouldn't add shit that isn't there on expert and hard.

Reaper16
05-29-2009, 12:18 AM
June 9th: 12 tracks from Iron Maiden go up for DLC:

Aces High (live)
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Can I Play With Madness
The Clairvoyant
Powerslave
Fear of the Dark (live)
Hallowed Be Thy Name (live)
Iron Maiden (live)

Fuck. Yes.

Dayze
09-11-2009, 02:07 PM
So I bought this pedal.

I've got $500 into this Ion kit there's no turning back now.

Iím in a similar situation; Iíve been playing guitar for nearly 20 years; sort of hit a lull. 32 years old and
Iíve found that Iíve been playing the bejeus out of GHWT and GH Metallica etc on drums. Theyíre a blast.

How is the Ion kit? I donít know much about it - are they $500 out of the gate? Or is the $500 because you've upgraded with add-ons etc. Iíve been eyeing some entry level acoustic drums (although Iím not sure the wife would allow that); but I think an electronic kit would be more for me. I think if I read your post correctly, you could use the icon kit for GH, or Rockband etc; then get a Ďbrainí at some point and convert fully to a electronic kit?
I can play98% of the songs on Ďhardí on GH Metallica; Iíve played a few on ExpertÖ.but some are impossible for me lol. Iím primarily a heel-up kick drum.

I find myself taping out beats all the time now when Iím at work, or in the car.

DrummersÖÖis this normal? Lol

Mr. Flopnuts
09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Iím in a similar situation; Iíve been playing guitar for nearly 20 years; sort of hit a lull. 32 years old and
Iíve found that Iíve been playing the bejeus out of GHWT and GH Metallica etc on drums. Theyíre a blast.

How is the Ion kit? I donít know much about it - are they $500 out of the gate? Or is the $500 because you've upgraded with add-ons etc. Iíve been eyeing some entry level acoustic drums (although Iím not sure the wife would allow that); but I think an electronic kit would be more for me. I think if I read your post correctly, you could use the icon kit for GH, or Rockband etc; then get a Ďbrainí at some point and convert fully to a electronic kit?
I can play98% of the songs on Ďhardí on GH Metallica; Iíve played a few on ExpertÖ.but some are impossible for me lol. Iím primarily a heel-up kick drum.

I find myself taping out beats all the time now when Iím at work, or in the car.

DrummersÖÖis this normal? Lol

The Ion kit is about $300 for either platform. I've dumped some extra money into it because I bought a 3rd party pedal which is an actual drum pedal modded to work for Rockband, and I've bought some 3rd party electronic cymbals. I wanted a hi hat that looked and felt like a hi hat.

1 thing. Activision refused to put a patch out to make GHWT compatible with the Ion. I don't know why. I just chalk it up to them being douchebags and honestly I've passed up a couple of their games that I wanted to buy because of it. But alas, no cymbal usage for Guitar Hero.