PDA

View Full Version : Elections Check out it, Palin is on the Cheney Page..

Mecca
09-20-2008, 04:54 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/19/palin-executive-branch/

For the love of god....

The Hill reports that it inquired with both Joe Biden and Sarah Palin about whether they would consider themselves to be part of the executive branch in the next administration. The Hill’s Kevin Bogardus reports, “Sen. Biden (Del.) believes the office he is seeking is solely in the executive branch, according to his staff. But aides to Alaska Gov. Palin did not answer the question”:

[A] spokesman for the Republican presidential campaign did not answer the question. Instead, he e-mailed remarks Palin gave at a campaign rally in Golden, Colo., on Monday.

Palin did not say what branch of government she believes the vice president’s office is part of in those remarks. Instead, Palin said she and Republican presidential nominee John McCain had discussed what responsibilities she would take on as his second-in-command.

Guru
09-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Is that the entire article?

Mecca
09-20-2008, 05:05 AM
It's the only part that's important here I'll add the link to it.

Guru
09-20-2008, 05:17 AM
That helps. Thanks.

Direckshun
09-20-2008, 11:14 PM
You guys don't buy in, I think, how important this issue is.

The vice presidency has been abused by Cheney as a position with zero accountability, because it can Constitutionally float from one branch of government to the next to avoid oversight from Congress and to avoid inspection from the executive.

This is a brilliant question to ask the candidates, and I hope it comes up in the debate.

Just ask the question. That's all I ask.

Which branch of the federal government do you believe the VP belongs to?

Just ask the question.