PDA

View Full Version : Elections 9/20 ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT (Obama: 293, McCain: 245, Toss-Up: 0)

RINGLEADER
09-20-2008, 10:29 AM
UPDATE: Some new polls but everything stays the same with the exception of both of yesterday's toss-up states (Pennsylvania and Iowa) tilting back into Obama's column.

In the Battleground states McCain is up Nevada, Virginia, Florida, Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina, Montana, and Georgia while Obama is up in Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin, and New Jersey.

Programmer
09-20-2008, 04:52 PM
The bottom line is the electoral count the day of the election.

I have no doubt that McCain will win.

Too many people that have a strong distrust of Obama or outright hatred, and those are just in his own party.

Guru
09-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Why people follow the polls at this stage of the game is beyond me. Even at 15 days out they are somewhat suspect.

I wouldn't put any stock in them at all.

Logical
09-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Toss up 0, that seems strange.

whoman69
09-20-2008, 05:40 PM

If he's using the site I believe he is, they only call a state a toss up if it is an absolute tie in the polls.

I prefer the site that reads more than just into the polls, which is fivethirtyeight.com and their statistical analysis. They read beyond the straight number analysis. While the overall difference in the popular vote is close 50.2 to 48% in favor of Obama, the electoral vote is currently 306.5 to 231.5 in favor of Obama with him winning 73.9% of simulations. This site doesn't just take the latest state poll and use it as gospel. They read into the numbers with statistics and analysis of the methods used in the polls.

J Diddy
09-20-2008, 05:46 PM

You've hit a time warp, the election is over.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Why people follow the polls at this stage of the game is beyond me. Even at 15 days out they are somewhat suspect.

I wouldn't put any stock in them at all.

They don't even matter the day before.

All that matters is election day.